|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Please edit this page to add topics or specific pages to the list that you would like to see on the wiki. New editors (and anyone else) who want to add content to the wiki, but don't know where to start, can check this list and start on anything that tickles their fancy.
If you'd like to add to the discussion on this page, please sign your comments by typing ~~~~ at the end of what you type. This will add a date stamp and will also link to your User and Talk pages.
If you're new to Fanlore, start by creating an account! You can then follow these links to find more information about editing pages and creating new pages (note that you won't be able to create a page until you have had your user account for at least 4 hours).
A complete list of wanted pages (automatically generated based on number of internal links) can also be found at Wanted pages.
This section contains tasks that don't require any particular fannish knowledge but are still necessary and any help would be appreciated!
- Orphaned Pages: Orphaned Pages are pages that no one links to. Imagine how lonely they must be! But more importantly, it means that unless someone types in the exact title, they're unlikely to find the page. You can un-orphan a page by adding an internal link back to that page on a different page.
- Uncategorized Pages and Uncategorized Files: All pages and files should belong to at least one category (or more, if there are more than one relevant categories). Subpages should have any relevant categories from their parent page.
- Dead-end pages: Dead end pages don't have any links to other pages within them, meaning anyone who browses there is in grave danger of escaping Fanlore! Don't let this happen.
- Categories: If the number of entries in a category = 1, check to see if there is a different version (spelling, etc.) of the same category that has a larger number of members, then edit the entry and fix it if it needs to be changed.
- Sorting: Use defaultsort to change the sort of fandoms beginning with 'The' or 'A'. Please make sure that people and characters (but not fans) are set to sort "Lastname, Firstname" if they have a last name. For more information about defaultsort, refer to the Editing Cheatsheet.
Pages that need more international focus
Use this section to add any pages that are lacking in a worldwide range of perspectives. For instance, if you know that fans in one part of the world have a specific take on a trope or genre, or that a ship is popular or controversial among fans from a particular country, and this isn't documented on Fanlore, this is the place to come for help, advice and input!
If there are gaps on a page concerning regions with a lot of fan activity about that topic, post about it here! This is also a good place to add pages containing material that needs to be translated into English. We also have Template:TranslationRequest which you are welcome to add to the page or Talk page.
Contributions from international fans are welcome and encouraged! Your additions do not need to be in perfect English, and broad information about how the subject of a page is perceived in different parts of the world does not necessarily need to have a documented source.
- The Untamed and Mo Dao Zu Shi - would be great to have much more info on Chinese fandom (as well as more info in general...)
- Slash Controversies - this article is very heavily US-focused. There is definitely a lot of material that I'm sure could be drawn from other parts of the world around slash-as-controversy - and some non-western fandom examples would be great too. I remember the "this story contains SLASH! don't like, don't read!" disclaimers in anime fandom all too well... enchantedsleeper (talk) 21:40, 2 December 2021 (UTC)
Infrastructure-ish Page Wish
- Some kind of What should we (re)name x page? page, where fl editors can more easily/centrally brainstorm ideas together about what to name or rename certain pages might be really handy. (See User_talk:Facetofcathy#Name_the_Page)
- This has been implemented in the form of the Help: Naming Conventions Talk page, which we cleared off the older discussions from so that it could serve as a more centralised discussion point. Please feel free to bring any general page naming questions to this page! --enchantedsleeper (talk) 12:54, 19 February 2021 (UTC)
- A general discussion page where concerns and suggestions can be discussed and questions about the site can be asked.
- Should we have templates/standardizations not just for infoboxes, but for pages in general? Like for what kind of sections and subsections should be called
- While there's no requirement to use any specific sections for a given page, we've started making some template pages for different page types (e.g. Character, Fan, Vid pages, etc.) that people can copy and paste and then fill in the sections. The list can be found here: Help:Starting a new page#First, a template --enchantedsleeper (talk) 22:29, 22 February 2022 (UTC)
- Could we have a template like Wikipedia does, which links to a performer, film, series, etc. listing on the IMDb?
This section contains a wish list for fannish topics that either do not have adequate coverage on Fanlore or are not yet represented here at all.
Hugo Award nominees and winners for Fanzines, Fan Arts, and Fan writers
- I've been working at making pages for UK and AUS media conventions. The STAG and IDIC newsletters, as well as Hypertension, have a great deal of information, but we need more information from fans who are more in the know than I. --Mrs. Potato Head 17:00, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
- Would be great to have some Canadian Anime/Comics/Etc. conventions profiled or at least created... Mokuroh (talk) 22:14, 29 May 2020 (UTC)
Pages that need to be created:
- Emerald City Comicon
- Motor City Comic Con
- Boston Comic Con
- PAX (convention)
- Starfury Conventions - Behind Enchanted (convention) and other fandom specific cons.
- MCM Comic Con
- ACME Comic Con and Rai Con - Same company, so pages could be joined
- BGCP Comic Con
- OH!CON - Comic Con in the Outer Hebrides
- Hyper Japan
Pages that need expansion:
- Fannish Teddies (i.e. dressing teddy bears—similar to dolls—rather than in pictures).
- Related to action figures: Funko figurines! They can be customized so they're sort of a craft, but I think it's also interesting/important to include them, maybe as part of this new highly commercialized wave of fandom
- fan fashions and TARDIS Cake Doctor Hoo cake based on Threadless-brand t-shirt
- other crafts?
- Tshirts, especially those sold online through sites like Redbubble, etsy, Teepublic
- Buttons! I'm really interested in these, but I don't know how to best capture/catalog them here
- More popular or influential fan theories.
- COVID-19 A page that gives general information about both pan fandom response, as well as the pandemic's affect on fandom. People should also consider editing existing fan pages to document fandom specific effects and responses.
- Quarantine Fic is a new stub page that needs fan reactions and examples.
- Breakout characters and fan favorites
- Live Reactions including liveblogs, reaction videos, reaction podcasts and livetweets in fannish spaces
- Glasgow Fanfiction Open Mic and other Open Mic events; digital or in person
- The Fangirl's Guide to the Galaxy
- A page for Marcus Rowland.
A page dedicated to the history, styles, whatever of Zine Art. We've got lots of images that we can use as examples!
Additional page(s) for Cover Art or Cover Design - perhaps also comparing zine covers to other types of fanworks that might use covers - filk albums, fanmixes, podfic, ...? (Check out the Merlin podbook covers)
In #yuletide, we were discussing fan video game projects like the Chrono Trigger sequel and how they routinely get shut down by video game companies.
Also worth discussing: Game mods, and how game company reactions vary. (Some accept them; some love them; some do everything they can to squelch them.)
May need a video game equivalent to the Professional Author Fanfic Policies page; however, unlike authors, game companies rarely issue clear statements on their opinion on fan game activities. Also, legal copyright status of those is much blurrier.
There's a lot of room to talk about this in the Pokémon fandom, which has a long history of ROM hacks, fangames, and a (more recent history?) of having those fan games shut down by Nintendo.
- I also think there's a need for a fangame category, so we can distinguish from games as source text
There needs to be a page not for LARPing or RPGs, but for the practice online role-playing, where you take up the roles of various characters and do dynamic storytelling with other people, usually on some sort of forum. I haven't done this in many years, though, and I know it's still a thing, but not what's happening with it/where it is.
Or, maybe a disambiguation page where Larping, RPGs and roleplaying in forums are all separate pages?
- is that not what Fandom RP basically is?
Looking at the Fandom RP page: that is what I believe we were thinking of with roleplay. I think we need to delete the straight up Roleplay page and have it so that typing roleplay sends the user to a disambiguation page where Fandom RP is one of the options
The concept of threadfics, which has exploded at least in HQ fandom after the move from Tumblr. Maybe in other fandoms as well?
General wank that isn't adequately covered:
Fanfiction Writers and Feedback - Specifically comments, plus conjoining discussions of comparing fanfiction and fan art (?), and commenting etiquette. Perhaps focus on recent discussion as well as how platform (Tumblr & AO3 (2012-2017) vs LJ (2004-2012)) has affected this. Example essays/posts:
- Passively devouring content is killing fandom.
- Fill in the Blank Fanfic Comment
- on fanfiction commenting
- how to comment on fanfiction
- it's so important to give fanfiction writers feedback
- i don’t think people really get how little feedback fanfic authors actually get?
- I love giving and receiving fic reviews
- I write fanfic because I enjoy it
- on the subject of tumblr’s shortcomings as a fandom platform
- a lot of y’all treat fic writers like shit
- Comment on fics you like, guys
- Pages that need expansion: Violet Baudelaire, Klaus Baudelaire, Sunny Baudelaire, Count Olaf, Esmé Squalor, Jacques Snicket, Kit Snicket, Lemony Snicket, Georgina Orwell, Jerome Squalor, Isadora Quagmire, Duncan Quagmire, Quigley Quagmire, Arthur Poe, Beatrice Baudelaire, Olivia Caliban, Olaf/Violet
- Pages that need to be created: Carmelita Spats, Justice Strauss,
Most characters of Babylon 5 still need articles:
Fandom pages that need to be created:
Fandom pages that need expansion:
- Young Adult Fiction - the page could use some expansion
- Throne of Glass - character and ship pages would be appreciated
- The Foxhole Court - created redirect to All for the Game, needs expansion and fandom history/some documentation of Nora's word of god confirmations, maybe?
- Grishaverse - character and ship pages for the Six of Crows Duology would also be appreciated
- Animorphs - Needs all ships, character pages, and information from earlier fandom stuff would be very appreciated.
- need ships, meta and more general detail
Pages that need expansion:
- Adventure Time
- Ben 10
- Bob's Burgers
- Buzz Lightyear of Star Command
- Code Lyoko
- Fallout: Equestria
- G.I. Joe
- Gravity Falls
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
- Invader Zim
- Jackie Chan Adventures
- Looney Tunes
- She-Ra: Princess Of Power
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Star vs The Forces of Evil
- The Last Unicorn
- The Legend of Korra
- The Loud House
- Toy Story
- Xiaolin Showdown
Pages that need to be created:
- Alvin and the Chipmunks
- As Told By Ginger
- Bee and Puppycat
- Bravest Warriors
- Darkwing Duck
- Ever After High
- Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends
- Mighty Ducks: The Animated Series
- Monster High
- PAW Patrol
- Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja
- Regular Show
- Secret Saturdays
- Storm Hawks
- Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
- The Amazing World of Gumball
- The Boondocks
- Thomas the Tank Engine
- Total Drama
A general article on (Western) comics fandom would be useful. At the moment, it's a disambiguation which gets linked all over the place.
Other comics: Major Grom (needs expansion)
Main article, pages for characters and ships.
Pages that need expansion:
- List of DC Universes
- Birds of Prey
- Birds of Prey (TV)
- Constantine (TV)
- Justice League
- Justice League Unlimited
- The New Adventures of Wonder Woman
- Superman fandom
- Batman Beyond
- The Batman
- Green Lantern
- The Flash (DC Comics)
- The Flash (1990s)
- The Sandman
- Legion of Super-Heroes
- DC Super Hero Girls
- Teen Titans
- Character pages that need expansion: Starfire, Raven Roth, John Stewart, Karen Starr
- Characters pages that need to be created: Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Midnighter, Mera, Grace Choi, Anissa Pierce
- Character pages for Dante and the other main characters.
- Fandom and fanwork information.
- More detail in the main article.
- More information for other fandoms already listed in Category:Disney
- Characters & pairing pages from any of the movies listed below
- Disney RPF - main article needs more information and examples, also pairing pages need to be created
- Pixar page is pretty much empty right now.
Movies pages that need to be created:
- Cruella (2021)
Disney Animated Canon pages that need expansion:
Pixar pages that need expansion:
Misc. Disney movies pages that need expansion
Disney Channel movies or shows pages that need to be created:
Disney Channel movies or shows pages that need expansion:
Character pages that need expansion:
Ride pages that need expansion:
- pages that need expanded fandom and fanworks examples: River Song, Donna Noble
- also need pages for old school Who companions
- More info on the various fan clubs and fan events, especially during the Wilderness years
- main article more detail and pages needed for most major characters & pairings
Show page could use more sample/notable fanworks. Most character pages need more fandom, pretty please. Adding some placeholder bits of canon info and obvious stuff like Idol Reflections/Ship Manifesto essays if they exist just to have something, but no idea about other notable meta on the characters or notable fanworks. If anyone who's actually been fannish about the show can add more fandom info to balance pages out that'd be lovely.
- Scope and full list of wanted pages can be found at FanloreProject:Friday Night Funkin'
Expand pretty much all existing pages.
- Apollo (Greek Mythology)
- Artemis (Greek Mythology)
- Hermes (Greek Mythology)
- Aphrodite (Greek Mythology)
- Dionysus (Greek Mythology)
- Medusa (Greek Mythology)
- Cassandra (Greek Mythology)
- Orpheus (Greek Mythology)
- Cupid/Psyche see Cupid_(Greek_mythology)
- Many character pages and pairing pages are still stubs or need to be fleshed out. Most of the main characters' pages need some clean-up.
- Characters and pairings with redlinks on List of Harry Potter Pairing Names need to be created.
- More Harry Potter archives and communities could use pages.
- Fan reaction and fandom surrounding Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and Fantastic Beasts are needed.
- Typical hp fic tropes/mentions: Animagus, Azkaban, Yule Ball; see also FanloreProject:Harry Potter Fanfiction Tropes
More fandom information is needed - this was a fairly large fandom back in its heyday. So far there is only 2 pairing pages: Nathan/Peter and Peter/Claire, but they have barely anything to them. More pairings especially the popular ones are needed (Claire/Nathan, Peter/Nikki, Peter/Sylar, Claire/Sylar, Hiro/Charlie to name a few). There are currently no character pages, so that is needed as well.
There are some Heroes vid pages, but other fanworks are needed. Other archives, fanfiction, and websites need pages.
- needs more fandom information, what are the pairings?, notable fanworks, etc.
See also ‘’FanloreProject:Homestuck’’
- There are plenty of fanworks that deserve their own pages.
- Something about the history of MSPA Forum Adventures would be great.
- A couple of really prevalent Homestuck-specific genres and/or AU categories might benefit from mentions, such as (feel free to add):
- main article, as well as Seddie and any other relevant ships
Pretty much all pairing and character pages but Arthur, Eames and Arthur/Eames need more content - Yusuf, Saito, Ariadne, Dom Cobb, Robert Fischer, Mal, Ariadne/Yusuf, Dom Cobb/Mal, Arthur/Dom Cobb and so on. Adding more fanworks and creators would be great too.
There a a bunch of stubs for bands, but very little info about the fandom or fans. Needs the perspective of someone active in the fandom (are there any Kpop fans on Fanlore?) This is a longshot, but more info about the Korean fandom would be awesome.
Lord of the Rings and other Tolkien
- Character pages that need expansion: Arwen, Boromir, Éomer, Éowyn, Faramir
- Should have articles on Tolkien-inspired fan activities of the 1960s-70s, the original Mythopoeic Society, people who took their class notes in Elvish
- Pairings pages that need to be created: Aragorn/Arwen, Faramir/Éowyn, also a page on interspecies slash (ie hobbit/human or elf)
- Pairings pages that need expansion: Legolas/Gimli, Merry/Pippin
- J.R.R. Tolkien's relationships with his fans and fandom
- Characters that need pages:
- Character pages that need expansion: Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, Ant-Man (Marvel Comics)
- Other fandoms definitely needs expanding (or creating) especially for the comicverses but even some of the film-fandoms: Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, The Incredible Hulk (film), Spider-Girl, The Amazing Spider-Man, Thor (comics), X-Force, Runaways, X-Factor (comics), Excalibur (X-Men), Young Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy. A lot of the Marvel Characters pages are stubs that desperately in need of more fanworks and fandom history, a lot more characters need to be added as well.
- Marvel Universe Identification Catalogue ( AKA- https://fanlore.org/wiki/List_of_Marvel_Universes ) needs to be expanded to include;
Earth-120703, Earth-96283, Earth-807128, Earth-9992, Earth-71612, Earth-71912, Earth-19919, Earth-61610, Earth-22312, Earth-21722, Earth-138, Earth-(No I.D#/Lou Ferrigno Hulk) And many, many more. Please add to this list if you discover more. Please delete after additions are made.
- The Avengers (Marvel) & The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - both need tropes, fanon, examples - more Meta.
- WandaVision is a stub that needs more content
- Almost all pages could use some expansion.
- I would like to add some talk of cosplay to Cats (musical) because that is a large part of the active fandom for that, and would love some information about older fansites/fic archives, of which I know many exist but finding them is another question.
- Could use a lot of additions, I don't know how many theater fans there are on here though. Some shows that need pages include Falsettos, Firebringer, Beetlejuice, Jagged Little Pill is growing in popularity, so it might need one, especially due to the fan controversy surrounding LP's casting
- Beetlejuice could probably use a section on its widespread use as a tiktok audio and how that seemed to grow the fandom
- Pages that need expansion: Be More Chill, Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812, Dear Evan Hansen
- expand Bootleg and Bootleg Sharing
- some notable animatics artists
- Pages for the Tin Can Brothers and their shows Spies are Forever and The Solve It Squad
- Need more info on Tumblr fandom on the main Theater page, I only have info on Instagram and Twitter
- Would potentially like to make pages for Sondheim and other such mainstay composers?
- The Marx Brothers, even though they are better known now for their movies, they got their start in theatre.
- the character and ship descriptions on Newsies are extremely biased
- I'm not sure if anyone is actually reading this section/is also a theater fan on here. This list is mostly for my own use at this point.
Mythology fandom could use its own page. Greek and Norse mythology have their own categories but they're pretty barebones; the same goes for Celtic Mythology.
- need pages for most of the main characters and pairings
The overall Podcast page exists, but is a stub.
Podcast Fandoms Actual Play
Audio Drama/Narrative fiction
- Alice Isn't Dead: Needs expansion
- Archive 81
- The Black Tapes: Needs expansion
- The Bright Sessions: Stub
- EOS 10
- King Falls AM: Stub
- Limetown: Stub
- The Magnus Archives: Example fanworks wanted
- The Monster Hunters
- Orbiting Human Circus of the Air
- The Penumbra Podcast: Needs expansion
- Stellar Firma: Needs expansion
- The Strange Case of Starship Iris
- The Thrilling Adventure Hour: Out of date, needs expansion
- The Two Princes: Stub
- Welcome to Night Vale: Out of date
- Within the Wires: Stub
- Wolf 359: Needs Expansion
- Wooden Overcoats
- Last Podcast on the Left
- My Brother, My Brother, and Me: Example fanworks wanted
- My Favorite Murder: Example fanworks wanted
- Pod Save America: Stub
Fannish Podcasts List of Fannish Podcasts needs to be created. Examples noted on the Podcast page include List of Harry Potter Podcasts (which itself could use expanding), Slashcast, List of X-Files Podcasts, and Radio Free Cybertron. Also, it would be useful to have an expansion on official fannish podcasts created by the PTB (example: The Good Place The Podcast) vs. fan-created property-specific podcasts vs. overall fannish podcasts.
- The 'N Sync page is a stub; there are a lot of ways it could be developed--maybe an overview of the group members as characters, and their evolution in the fandom, or the impact of each cd and subsequent tour on the fandom and the fiction. Perhaps a list of the most influential media appearances.
- Pages that need expansion: 5 Seconds of Summer, Panic! at the Disco and Fall Out Boy
- Pages that need to exist: A page for the Smiths and/or Morrissey. Currently there are 217 fanworks on AO3 tagged "The Smiths". Smiths/Morrissey fandom has at least a thirty-year history offline (bootleg albums, fanart, fan-organized tours, fanzines, cover bands, fan compilations) and about 20 years of history online (fanfiction, fanvids, fanart, fan communities and blogs). Ideally there would be a page specifically about the Smiths fandom community on tumblr in the mid-2010s. Items of note: Marrissey tinhatting, intersection of fandom and academia, copyright takedowns, Morrissey-solo.com vs. Morrissey, interactions with band members, metafandom).
- Duplicity, the One Direction Wattpad fanfiction that blew up in 2021 after the reveal of Harry Styles actually being an American named Sebastian.
Science Fiction and Fantasy Fandom
- List of Sherlock Holmes Communities and Forums is mostly LJ communities. Add mailing lists, etc.?
None of the individual games have pages, so lots of love is needed there; more information about fandom is needed as well.
Other than Star Trek and NASA, there's very little about the significant intersection of the fandom and the broad field of science. I think we need a Science and Star Trek page (or something along those lines).
- pages that need to be created: all characters and most pairings from Star Trek: Enterprise.
- Needs characters pages for all the main characters.
- See also FanloreProject:Stranger Things
- Help with adding/expanding controversy sections, particularly in terms of anti perspectives, on Billy Hargrove and Harringrove would be much appreciated.
TF2 only has a very basic main page, and only one other page. It really needs more fandom information, character information and ships (Medic/Heavy springs to mind). It could really use some love from someone familiar with the fandom!
Some pages have been started for Super Sentai, Godzilla and High Speed Parahero Gandine, but need expanded and more fannish content. We also need pages for individual Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and Ultraman series.
If anyone has information on pre-2009 tokusatsu fandom and how fandoms for specific shows started, reactions at the time, it would be great to have these added to the pages for their respective shows.
Serial Killer fandoms are pretty notorious and widely mocked, but fanlore has absolutely nothing about that controversy. It would be good to tie it in with controversy about RPF. Info about the fandom practices would be even better. There probably also interesting things to be said about the popularity Serial Killers as a trope and genre.
The fandom is so huge, yet the Fanlore page barely says anything but statistics gleaned by non-Twilight fans, and doesn't even mention any popular fanwriters, fanartists, or specific fanworks. Twilight RPF could also use expansion.
There are a lot of webcomics out there with huge and active fanbases, but very few pages in the Category:Webcomics.
- pages that need expansion: Questionable Content, Hanna Is Not A Boy's Name, Hark! A Vagrant, xkcd, Ava's Demon, Boy Meets Boy, Nimona
- pages that need to be created: Megatokyo, Penny Arcade, David Willis's stuff, Romantically Apocalyptic, Lackadaisy, A Redtail's Dream, Kill Six Billion Demons, Unsounded, Year in Hereafter, Castle Swimmer, Girls With Slingshots, Something Positive, Octopus Pie, Go Get a Roomie!, Girlyyy, Teahouse, Starfighter, Sinfest, the list goes on and on...
Additionally, the webcomic page probably should cover more information.
- A updated, detailed list can be found at FanloreProject:YouTube Fandom! However, these are good, important starting points:
- main article needs expansion
- Pages that need to be created: Troyler, Lemma, Ross's Game Dungeon, Extra Credits, MatPat, CinemaSins. Dreamnotfound
- Pages that need expansion: Dan Howell, Phil Lester, Tronnor, Game Grumps, John Green, Hank Green, Markiplier, Jacksepticeye, Heat Waves, Let's Play, Jim Sterling, Dream (YouTuber), Technoblade, HermitCraft
Fandoms that have Crack Van fandom overviews but no Fanlore articles: Ace Lightning, Big Time Rush, Chrono Crusade, Gatchaman/Battle of the Planet, Gorgeous Carat, Let Dai, Lie to Me, McFly, Raffles, The Amateur Cracksman, Rómeó és Júlia. Also: Musical Theater, Science Fiction TV RPF
Serious anime fans usually follow the histories of animation studios as well as manga artists. Should probably have pages for Bones, Studio Trigger, Sunrise, Mappa, Madhouse, A-1 Pictures, and Kyoto Animation etc.
Pages that need expansion: School of Rock
- Maybe the Powered by the Apocolypse system as well?
Main article could use more information. The majority of video game pages also need the video game infobox.
General pages that need to be created:
- Console Wars
- Eastern RPG
- Fighting Games
- Operation Rainfall
- Rhythm Games
- RPG Maker
- Western RPG
- VGM Playlists
- however we'd categorize this really cool fan collaboration project about "Xion's Theme" by Yoko Shimomura (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS9phkBXx5c) + (https://www.canva.com/design/DAEu8XEzHAw/b1nHCWAXCJ6oZMncftjc-A/view)
General pages that need expansion:
Fandom pages that need to be created:
- The Arcana (video game)
- Baldi's Basics
- Clone Hero
- DJ Hero
- Cities: Skylines
- Cube World
- Dance Dance Revolution
- Dead by Daylight
- Deus Ex
- Dragon Quest
- Ensemble Stars!
- Kaoru Hakaze/Kanata Shinkai from Ensemble Stars! (Video Game) ship manifesto to be added to relevant page (archived page)
- Far Cry
- Freedom Planet
- Grand Theft Auto
- Guitar Hero (video game)
- Hotline Miami
- I Wanna Be The Guy
- Jet Set Radio
- Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
- Kerbal Space Program
- King's Quest
- Marvel Vs. Capcom
- Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Mighty No. 9
- My Time at Portia
- Night Trap (video game)
- Nuclear Throne
- Pico's School
- Planet Coaster
- Puyo Puyo
- Rollercoaster Tycoon
- Saints Row
- Second Life
- Sengoku Basara
- Star Citizen
- Touken Ranbu
- War Thunder
- Zero Escape
Fandom pages that need expansion:
- Stubs also listed here.
- Among Us
- Animal Crossing
- Baldur's Gate
- BanG Dream!
- Book of Travels
- Borderlands (video game)
- Coral Island
- Club Penguin
- Dangan Ronpa
- Doom (video game)
- Don't Starve
- Dragon Cave
- Dream Daddy
- Dwarf Fortress
- Elite (video game)
- Elite: Dangerous
- The Endless Forest
- Fire Emblem Gaiden
- Fire Emblem: Awakening
- Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
- Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
- Friday Night Funkin'
- Genshin Impact
- Halo (video game series)
- Kid Icarus
- Life is Strange 2
- Love Live! School Idol Project
- Mystic Messenger
- Neopets (neopiazine)
- Silent Hill
- Street Fighter
- Tabletop Simulator
- Team Fortress 2
- The Binding of Isaac
- The Witcher
- Untitled Goose Game
- Yakuza (video game series)
Fandom pages with fanwork examples wanted:
- To avoid duplication, pages also marked with Need Expansion are not also listed here.
Company pages that need to be created:
Company pages that need expansion:
Company pages with fanwork examples wanted:
Fangame/mod pages that need to be created:
- Black Mesa
- Club Penguin Rewritten
- Feed the Beast (Minecraft)
- Olympus 2207
- Pokémon Clover
- Pokémon Renegade Platinum
- Pokémon Uranium
- Project M
- Psycho Waluigi
- SCP: Containment Breach
- SCP: Secret Laboratory
- Sonic: After The Sequel
- Sonic: Before The Sequel
- Sonic: Before The Sequel: Aftermath
- Sonic Robo Blast 2
- Sonic Utopia
- Super Smash Flash
- Technic (Minecraft)
- The Twilight Forest (Minecraft)
- VS. Tricky
- VS. Whitty
Fangame pages that need expansion:
Event pages that need to be created:
Community pages that need to be created:
Anyone remember the vampire hobbits fad? It even spawned an archive of sorts at one point.
The Fanfiction Glossary
The Fanfiction Glossary does have a page now, if anyone wants to add to it, or you could check the wayback versions of the Fanfiction Glossary and add missing information to the Fanlore articles about the listed glossary terms.
Articles needed for:
- Gothic (Gothic fandoms, influences on fandoms in general)
- Romance Novel (influences on fandom, differences between romance novels and shippy fics, influences of fandom on romance novel e.g. m/m romance novel genre, fanfics published as romance novels with serial numbers filed off)
- and other basic literary genres.
Articles that need expansion:
I'm assuming links to Angels are re: their appearance in fic?
- POV Outsider/Outside POV: prevalent in fanworks that expand on canon
- Enemy to Caretaker- rapidly growing trope I see a lot on AO3
- Cannibalism - Popular in Hannibal, Digital Devil Saga, Tokyo Ghoul, etc. fandoms
- Gore - Gore, guro, eroguro and robo-gore are all widely popular
Cakeverse page now exists but needs more fannish examples as it gains popularity.
The main article needs expansion
Could do with a mention of it becoming America only from 2016 and the impact this had on international fans wishing to use the service. Also, when they stopped allowing user-uploaded tracks.
A platform becoming increasingly popular with younger fans. Needs expansions and more perspectives.
Aestheticism was one of the first widely-accessible sources of information on BL ("yaoi") in English. The article is a stub, but it has references that could be used to flesh it out. The owners are still around AFAIK; the site's just down. Someone could find them and ask them about the site's history and their future plans.
Used to have a really different interface and a really strong fannish community; I'm not sure where cosplayers go to share their works and resources these days, but cosplay.com had a robust forums community and user profiles with galleries! It was the place to be!
Freedom of Speech Archive
Anyone know anything about this site?
- Is that the same as Freedom of Speech Fan Fiction Archive or different?
Similar to cosplay.com, had a really robust forum culture and sub-forums for roleplay, anime and manga, books and comics, and so on; so there were lots of fannish discussions that took place.
- Many of the pages created for this project are still stubs or don't include updated links. 
- GeoCities could use more fannish perspective.
Many early websites have disappeared. Just as fandom shifted online from zines, so it has increasingly been shifting from personal websites to LJ/DW or FF.net. Now, people are dropping personal sites to archive on AO3. There are many fan websites still needing documentation - even just listing them (with their URLs) for each fandom would help.
- Ebonbird's Archive
- Degenerate Son
- Shack's Fanfic Clearinghouse
- any of the archives on Fan Fiction on the Net, there's a lot
- Azhrael's Domain
- Hell's Fanfiction Realm
- DCU: Next Generation
- Firebird's Fanfics
- Kara's Pocket Universe
- sites listed on DarkMark's website, who should have a page, too; they've got a whole lot of fics
- The Newsie Fanfiction Collection
- The Refuge
- Beyond the Code
- Eros and the Heroes
- Under the Knife
- Project: Polaris
- Scarlet Witch Homepage
- Blake's 7 Online Fanfiction Directory
- Komera Waddi's RPG and Interactive Stories Fan Fiction
- The Bobby and Remy Page/Icicles in the Sunrise
- The Panatropic Net Doctor Who Fan Fiction Archive
- The 900-Year Diary
- The Internet Adventures
- OneMillionAndNine XFFanfic
- The Angst Archive
- X-Files Link Exchange
- X-Files/Buffy Fan Fiction Site
- Lara's Favorites
- Doggett Torture Anonymous
- Keep the Faith
- The Hub
- Badfic: The X-Files Fanfic Hall of Shame
- Mightier Than the Sword
- Two Close for Comfort
- Raiders of the Lost Fanfic
- The X-files Lyric Wheel
- Enigmatic Dr.'s Fanfic Favorites
- The Skinner Sanctum
- DDTeens Fanfic Archive
- The Slipper Archive
- The Ferret Cage
- Frohike Fanfiction Archive/Frohike Liberation Organization
- Walter Skinner FanFic Archive
- The XF-Romantics Fanfic Archive
- Zeus Storage
- The Holiday Archive
- The Shippers Nightmare/The Shipper's Nightmare
- The Persuaders Archive
- Child of Mana Fanfics
- Portal to Sailor Moon Stories
- First Love
- Astronomy Domine
- The Usagi and Mamoru Fanfiction Archive
- Neo-Sailors Fanfics Club
- Final fantasy Club Fanfics
- Heaven's Cloud
- The X-Files Fanfiction of Lola Ravenhill
- Shippers Who Like DoggettKeep The Peace
- X-Files Fan Fiction LinksAngel/Buffy and X-Files Fan Fiction Links
- The Holiday Slash Fic Archive
- Dark Moon Subtext
- The Lost Library of Florestica
- Faith 4 Buffy
- & Suspicious
- The Email X-Creative Archive
- Extreme Possibilities
- XAngst Anonymous
- Scullyfic at the Improv
- Consortium C.I.C.
- Church of XFreaky Tikki's X-Files Zealots
- Mystery Suckfic Theatre 3000
- The Archive With No Name...
- Angel's Humanity Alliance
- For the Love of a Vampire
- The Sunnydale Slut
- Adult Buffy Angel Fic
- Angel's Loves: Past and Future
- X-Files Institution for Relationshippers
- Angel's Bath Towel
- BA Fluff
- Buffy/Angel Fanfic
- Destiny Awaits
- Eternal Obsessions
- Forgotten Days Fan Fiction Archive
- The Naughty Slayer
- Soulmates Eternally
- Just Fic
- The Angel and Cordelia Fanfiction Archive
- Angel and Cordelia: The True Love Chronicles
- Chaos + Embraced
- Kiss Me I'm Irish
I've found quite a few archives on blocked sites...
- Bed of Nails
- Magic Casements
- Maybe Someday
- Angel's Basement
- Angel of Mine
- Darkness to Light
- Fire in the Blood
- It's Always the Quiet Ones
- Ro's Treasury of Fan Fiction
- LeBeau Library
- Mearain's Fan Fiction Universe
- The More or Less Complete Index of Storm Stories
- Cathabad's Chamber
- Psylocke's Fantasy
- Danger Room Fanfic
- Subreality Dojo and Snack Bar
- Magik's Fanfiction Archive
- Ordinary Archive
- Bela's Gambit Page
- A Legion of Super-Heroes FanFic Archive
- LOST Fan Fiction
- Bon Jovi Fan Fiction Directory
- Bon Jovi Fan Fiction
- Loony Archivist
- not an archive, but related - the weekly(?) Total TV fan site top ten
- Delenn Deserves Better!
- Dead Letters
- Fluent Fag
- The Game of Life
- all the archives listed on the BTVS' Writers Guild? they're listed on the page but very few have pages
- Oz: Missing in Action
- the sites listed by Shrift's Fan Fiction
- Oz and Willow Love
- Secret Slasha... exchange
- Wake Up Gay!
- The Adventures of Captain Peroxide and Deadboy
- Debbie's Fanfiction Collection
- Human Nature (Roswell)
- The Dizzy Dancing Way
- America's Heroes
- Judas Kiss
- Always His Girl
- giant list of X-Files fanfic archives
- Once in a blue moon... 
- all the buffy (i think?) sites listed here
- Willow and Oz's Full Monty Site
- Buffy et Giles
- The Buffy Cross & Stake
- Kizmet's Bookshelf
- Draka's Fanfic Library
In contrast to the above, this popular scanlation-hosting site is run by scanlators for scanlators, giving active groups control over their releases. Notably, it has no ads and it went down for a few months after a DDOS attack prompted the maintainers to rebuild the site from scratch to make it safer for readers and posters, as well as changes to make it more mobile-friendly. Really important in late 2010s/early 2020s manga fandom.
A page about this very successful site that offers scanlated manga to read online, but that is often hosted without the scanlator's permission. It's actually one site among many owned by the for-profit U.S.?/China?-based company NOEZWork, Inc / NOEZ.com that host fanworks like scanlations, fansubs, fanart, etc., often without fan permission, and make money off ad revenue. A sneakier, successful version of monetizing fans a la FanLib, Narutofan.com, and the like. A couple of links:
- http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http://noez.com (older pages with info about NOEZ's corporate plans before they were taken down)
Needs fleshing out.
Individual subreddit pages that need to be created:
Biggest fanfiction archive in Portuguese language. (I created the page, I should have done it before, thanks for adding it to the page Alpha, hope everyone can soon change it from stub to full article Ellakbhesse (talk) 12:38, 28 March 2022 (UTC) )
Could use expansion.
Anyone ever active on Xanga?
- Fanfic Archivists Support List
- Fanfic Artisans Against Media Piracy
- AO3 Enhancements, AO3 Enhancement Suite (Chrome extensions)
Anime & Manga Fandom & Related Fandoms
If you notice anything missing from these lists that needs work, please add it!
There are many single, specific pages you can add:
- Anime and manga series not on Category:Anime or Category:Manga
- Use Template:FandombyText
- Add [[Category:Anime]] and/or [[Category:Manga]] (others as needed)
- Remember to focus on fandom, not canon.
- Characters, pairings, or groups (examples: Rukia Kuchiki, Sasuke x Naruto)
- Template:CharacterProfile for characters
- Template:PairingProfile for pairings/threesomes/moresomes
- Add [[Category:FANDOMNAME]], replacing FANDOMNAME with the canon the character/relationship comes from
- We don't have a template yet for groups; if you want one, just comment on Category_talk:Infoboxes.
- Scanlation groups at List of Scanlation Groups
- Add [[Category:Anime & Manga Fandom]] and/or [[Category:Doujin Fandom]]
- Fansub groups at List of Fansub Groups
- Clubs at List of Anime Clubs
- Cons at List of Anime Conventions
- Doujin at List of Doujinshi by Fandom
- Add [[Category:FANDOMNAME]], replacing FANDOMNAME with the canon the doujinshi is based on
- Doujin circles at List of Doujinshi Circles
- Websites not already listed at Category:Anime & Manga Fandom
- Add [[Category:Anime & Manga Fandom]]
- Specific parts of the fansub process (see [[ for details)
- Add [[Category:Translation]]
- Individual AMVs
- Add [[Category:FANDOMNAME]], replacing FANDOMNAME with the canon the AMV is based on
- Add [[YEAR]], replacing YEAR with the year the AMV was originally posted
- AMV, Cosplay, Doujin, and other Awards
- Add [[Category:Anime Music Video]], [[Category:Anime & Manga Fandom]], or [[Doujin Fandom]]
- Add [[YEAR]], replacing YEAR with the year the award was offered OR the decade if multiple years; add more decades as needed
- Individual fanart, fanfiction, cosplay, podfic, etc.
- Template:Fanwork or one of its variants (Template:Fanfiction, Template:Podfic)
- Add [[Category:FANDOMNAME]], replacing FANDOMNAME with the canon the fanwork is based on
- Add [[YEAR]], replacing YEAR with the year the fanwork was originally posted
- Add any medium-based categories that apply, like [[Visual Arts]], [[Crafts]], [[Multimedia]], [[Poetry]], [[Costuming]], etc. (if you're using a specific template like Template:Podfic, this will be added automatically for you)
- Common terms/tropes (example: mecha)
- Influential seiyuu, mangaka, directors, writers, character designers, etc. (example: Hayao Miyazaki)
- Add [[Category:Anime & Manga Fandom]]
- Remember to describe their impact on fans, not just the industry.
If the page you want to add is not listed on a "List of" page, just add it to the appropriate category. Many of those pages are still woefully incomplete.
If you want a bigger challenge:
- Cosplay is currently a short page, and all cosplay-related materials are under Category:Costuming or Category:Gaming & Role Playing. There is no template for specific photo-sets or performances. You could request a template, as well as a separate category, if you wanted to tackle that topic. Request templates at Category_talk:Infoboxes
- Fansub and scanlation into languages other than English or in areas outside the U.S./Canada need a lot of work. If you're having trouble figuring out where to add that information, come check in on the talk pages.
- J-Drama, K-Drama, and TW-Drama could use many more series and general information. SG-Drama, HK-Drama, and C-Drama don't even have pages and categories yet.
- We need pages for Fan Dub, Manga Music Video, MAD, MMD, and possibly Anime Story Music Video, as well as pages on others terms and elements of video-related culture.
- Category:J-Pop Fandom, Category:J-Rock Fandom, and Category:K-Rock Fandom are tiny and need lots of work. Category:K-Pop Fandom is bigger but could still use some love.
- Category:Games is very small still.
- Know of any debates/discussions within a community, especially large, complicated, or highly visible ones? Those can get their own pages!
- Category:Debate (for debates, wanks, imbroglios, etc.) or Category:Discussion (for discussion communities, histories of long-term discussions, etc.)
- Template:EventProfile or Template:Activity
- Add [[Category:FANDOMNAME]], replacing FANDOMNAME with the fandom the debate or discussion happened in; OR add [[Category:Anime & Manga Fandom]] if it was a broader community debate.
- Vocaloid fandom needs lots of love, especially with pages pertaining to individual voices, like Hatsune Miku or Kaito.
Specific Fandom Requests
More info on trends and practices of a large umbrella fandom (see Age of Sail).
The fandom is enormous and the main page is well-covered, but there are almost no ship and character pages.
Needs more examples of Fanworks / Fan events. Ship pages.
Characters: basically everyone not named Rukia or Orihime.
Pretty large fandom; needs expansion.
Could use pages for major pairings
Page exists as of now, but I wasn't able to finish it and would appreciate help.
- ship and character pages - see also FanloreProject:Haikyuu
A more complete list can be found at FanloreProject:Naruto! However, the most needed pages are probably:
- Ships: Sakura x Naruto, Sakura x Sasuke, Hinata x Naruto, Itachi x Sakura, Ino x Sakura, Ino x Shikamaru, Neji x Tenten, Gaara x Lee, Gaara x Naruto, Gai x Kakashi
- Other: Kishimoto Masashi, Anti-Naruto Ending,narutoforums.org, and tentatively Boruto although we'll have to discuss what the fandom categorization overlap should be there.
- Himura Kenshin (a page for Hitokiri Battousai would probably also be a good idea, though he could be a sub-section on the Kenshin page)
- Kamiya Kaoru
- Sagara Sanosuke
- Myoujin Yahiko
- Takani Megumi
- Shinomori Aoshi
- Makamachi Misao
Page needs to be created: ships, reputation among anime fandom, etc.
Should we have a page about the debate over the treatment of women in One Piece? I'm actually not that into the OP fandom but I've heard the edges of this discussion, particularly in this interview with Oda from this summer where Oda claims that he doesn't really care if female readers have a problem with his perverted characters.
Page needs to be created and have spiels for every series thus far. It would be ideal because the ship of Nozomi/Coco from Yes PreCure 5 is referenced on the Bad Ships Project or whatever it was called. Fanart was done for it as part of the iniative to give problematic ships love. Also, its a long running series with shoutouts in other franchises (was parodied in one of the Alola episodes of Pokémon and is an important entry in the magical girl genre pre-dating Madoka.
This series needs a page, at the very least. Also, there should probably be a page dedicated to the controversy surrounding the character Krone, who was a pretty racist depiction of a black woman.
- expand on fandom practices (like fan theories, analysis of symbolism), trends, reactions (to tgre)
- Character pages, especially Kaneki Ken, also Kirishima Touka, Juuzou Suzuya, Shuu Tsukiyama, Koutarou Amon, Akira Mado, Hideyoshi Nagachika, Tōru Mutsuki
- ship pages
A major part of 90's/00's anime fandom should have a page or notation somewhere.