Please edit this page to add topics or specific pages to the list that you would like to see on the wiki. New editors (and anyone else) who want to add content to the wiki, but don't know where to start, can check this list and start on anything that tickles their fancy.
A complete list of wanted pages (automatically generated based on number of internal links) can also be found at Wanted pages.
This section contains tasks that don't require any particular fannish knowledge but are still necessary and any help would be appreciated. Mostly it's tagging pages with the correct categories and similar routine stuff.
Infrastructure-ish Page Wish
- Some kind of What should we (re)name x page? page, where fl editors can more easily/centrally brainstorm ideas together about what to name or rename certain pages might be really handy. (See User_talk:Facetofcathy#Name_the_Page)
- This has been implemented in the form of the Help: Naming Conventions Talk page, which we cleared off the older discussions from so that it could serve as a more centralised discussion point. Please feel free to bring any general page naming questions to this page! --enchantedsleeper (talk) 12:54, 19 February 2021 (UTC)
- A general discussion page where concerns and suggestions can be discussed and questions about the site can be asked.
- Should we have templates/standardizations not just for infoboxes, but for pages in general? Like for what kind of sections and subsections should be called
- Some way to collapse long sections, like [expand] or [hide], existing HTML found online doesn't seem to work
This section contains a wish list for fannish topics that either do not have adequate coverage on Fanlore or are not yet represented here at all.
- Wandlore Awards, HP fandom
Conventions in the UK and Australia
I've been working at making pages for UK and AUS media conventions. The STAG and IDIC newsletters, as well as Hypertension, have a great deal of information, but we need more information from fans who are more in the know than I. --Mrs. Potato Head 17:00, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
- Fannish Teddies (i.e. dressing teddy bears—similar to dolls—rather than in pictures).
- Related to action figures: Funko figurines! They can be customized so they're sort of a craft, but I think it's also interesting/important to include them, maybe as part of this new highly commercialized wave of fandom
- fan fashions and TARDIS Cake Doctor Hoo cake based on Threadless-brand t-shirt
- other crafts?
- Tshirts, especially those sold online through sites like Redbubble, etsy, Teepublic
- Buttons! I'm really interested in these, but I don't know how to best capture/catalog them here
- More popular or influential fan theories.
- Fan Activism
- COVID-19 A page that gives general information about both pan fandom response, as well as the pandemic's affect on fandom. People should also consider editing existing fan pages to document fandom specific effects and responses.
- Quarantine Fic is a new stub page, that needs fan reactions and examples.
A page dedicated to the history, styles, whatever of Zine Art. We've got lots of images that we can use as examples!
Additional page(s) for Cover Art or Cover Design - perhaps also comparing zine covers to other types of fanworks that might use covers - filk albums, fanmixes, podfic, ...? (Check out the Merlin podbook covers)
Fan video game development
In #yuletide, we were discussing fan video game projects like the Chrono Trigger sequel and how they routinely get shut down by video game companies.
Also worth discussing: Game mods, and how game company reactions vary. (Some accept them; some love them; some do everything they can to squelch them.)
May need a video game equivalent to the Professional Author Fanfic Policies page; however, unlike authors, game companies rarely issue clear statements on their opinion on fan game activities. Also, legal copyright status of those is much blurrier.
There's a lot of room to talk about this in the Pokemon fandom, which has a long history of ROM hacks, fangames, and a (more recent history?) of having those fan games shut down by Nintendo.
- I also think there's a need for a fangame category, so we can distinguish from games as source text
There needs to be a page not for LARPing or RPGs, but for the practice online role-playing, where you take up the roles of various characters and do dynamic storytelling with other people, usually on some sort of forum. I haven't done this in many years, though, and I know it's still a thing, but not what's happening with it/where it is.
Or, maybe a disambiguation page where Larping, RPGs and roleplaying in forums are all separate pages?
- is that not what Fandom RP basically is?
Looking at the Fandom RP page: that is what I believe we were thinking of with roleplay. I think we need to delete the straight up Roleplay page and have it so that typing roleplay sends the user to a disambiguation page where Fandom RP is one of the options
- Minors in Fandom - A recent discussion as of 2017, brought by Voltron: Legendary Defender fandom discourse and expanding generally ex. here, here, here, here, and here (see followups: specifically about VLD, and here.) Another resource to look at. (Or to be added to Fan Age and Fandom?)
- The controversy surrounding fanfiction commissions (or to be added on Attitudes Toward Fanfiction?) (links needed)
- Fanfiction Writers and Feedback, specifically comments - plus conjoining discussions of comparing fanfiction and fan art (?), and commenting etiquette ex. here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here here, here, here, here, here, here - perhaps focus on recent discussion re: this, as well as how platform (Tumblr & AO3 (2012-2017) vs LJ (2004-2012)) has affected this
- Fiction vs. Reality Discussion as seen here, here, here, here here, and here
- Lesbophobia in Fandom?
- Feminism and Fandom
- Shipwars like Zutara vs Kataang, Harry/Hermione vs Ron/Hermione, Klance vs Sheith, and many, many other shipwars could use their own pages. IchiRuki vs IchiHime and Stucky vs Stony could be expanded upon See Category: Shipwars
- The Zamii070 wank.
- Gender and Fandom
- Women and Slash
- Tinhats and the Fourth Wall
- The Final Fantasy VII House - 
More info on trends and practices of a large umbrella fandom (see Age of Sail).
The fandom is enormous and the main page is well-covered, but there are almost no ship and character pages.
Needs more examples of Fanworks / Fan events. Ship pages.
Pretty large fandom; needs expansion.
Could use pages for major pairings
Ship pages for Makoto/Haruka, Rin/Haruka, Rei/Nagisa, and possibly Sousuke/Makoto. Maybe discuss the Rin/Haru and Makoto/Haru ship war on the fandom page? Also the sharkbaitshipping wank with YGO:Zexal fandom.
Page exists as of now, but I wasn't able to finish it and would appreciate help.
- ship and character pages
- create Kenhina, Kuroken, Kurotsukki, Bokuaka, Asanoya, Tsukishima Kei, Yamaguchi Tadashi, Kuroo Tetsuro, Kozume Kenma, Iwaizumi Hajime, Bokuto Koutarou, Akaashi Keiji, Yachi Hitoka, etc
A more complete list can be found at FanloreProject:Naruto! However, the most needed pages are probably:
- Ships: Sakura x Naruto, Sakura x Sasuke, Hinata x Naruto, Itachi x Sakura, Ino x Sakura, Ino x Shikamaru, Neji x Tenten, Gaara x Lee, Gaara x Naruto, Gai x Kakashi
- Other: Kishimoto Masashi, Anti-Naruto Ending,narutoforums.org, and tentatively Boruto although we'll have to discuss what the fandom categorization overlap should be there.
- Himura Kenshin (a page for Hitokiri Battousai would probably also be a good idea, though he could be a sub-section on the Kenshin page)
- Kamiya Kaoru
- Sagara Sanosuke
- Myoujin Yahiko
- Takani Megumi
- Shinomori Aoshi
- Makamachi Misao
Page needs to be created: ships, reputation among anime fandom, etc.
Should we have a page about the debate over the treatment of women in One Piece? I'm actually not that into the OP fandom but I've heard the edges of this discussion, particularly in this interview with Oda from this summer where Oda claims that he doesn't really care if female readers have a problem with his perverted characters.
Page needs to be created and have spiels for every series thus far. It would be ideal because the ship of Nozomi/Coco from Yes PreCure 5 is referenced on the Bad Ships Project or whatever it was called. Fanart was done for it as part of the iniative to give problematic ships love. Also, its a long running series with shoutouts in other franchises (was parodied in one of the Alola episodes of Pokemon and is an important entry in the magical girl genre pre-dating Madoka.
This series needs a page, at the very least. Also, there should probably be a page dedicated to the controversy surrounding the character Krone, who was a pretty racist depiction of a black woman.
- expand on fandom practices (like fan theories, analysis of symbolism), trends, reactions (to tgre)
- Character pages, especially Kaneki Ken, also Kirishima Touka, Juuzou Suzuya, Shuu Tsukiyama, Koutarou Amon, Akira Mado, Hideyoshi Nagachika, Tōru Mutsuki
- ship pages
A major part of 90's/00's anime fandom should have a page or notation somewhere.
Most characters of Babylon 5 still need articles:
- Talia Winters
- John Sheridan
- Marcus Cole
- Londo Mollari
- Jeffrey Sinclair
- Michael Garibaldi
- Stephen Franklin
- Vir Cotto
- Lyta Alexander
- American Gods: page is a stub and needs lots of expansion.
- Benjamin January
- Charlie Bone/Children of the Red King
- The Count of Monte Cristo
- The Dark Tower
- Forgotten Realms
- A Study in Emerald
- A Wrinkle in Time
- Young Adult Fiction — the page could use some expansion
- The Lunar Chronicles
- Throne of Glass — character and ship pages would be appreciated
- The Dark Artifices
- The Foxhole Court
- created redirect to All for the Game, needs expansion and fandom history/some documentation of Nora's word of god confirmations, maybe?
- Grishaverse — character and ship pages for the Six of Crows Duology would also be appreciated
- Animorphs — Needs all ships, character pages, and information from earlier fandom stuff would be very appreciated.
- need ships, meta and more general detail
Pages that need expansion: Gravity Falls, Makorra, The Legend of Korra, Adventure Time, SpongeBob SquarePants, Bob's Burgers,Invader Zim, She-Ra: Princess Of Power, Thundercats, Toy Story, Ben 10, Scooby-Doo, Recess, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, The Loud House, W.I.T.C.H., Animaniacs
Pages that need to be created : Bee and Puppycat, Bravest Warriors, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, Regular Show, The Amazing World of Gumball, As Told By Ginger, Braceface, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, Code Lyoko, Darkwing Duck, Mighty Ducks: The Animated Series, Xiaolin Showdown, Star vs The Forces of Evil, Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja, American Dragon: Jake Long, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Storm Hawks, Gargoyles (TV), Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!, G.I. Joe, Thomas the Tank Engine, Slugterra, Ever After High, The Boondocks, Grojband, Metalocalypse, PAW Patrol, Jackie Chan Adventures, Looney Tunes, Monster High, Secret Saturdays, The Last Unicorn.
A general article on (Western) comics fandom would be useful. At the moment, it's a disambiguation which gets linked all over the place.
Main article, pages for characters and ships.
- Pages that need expansion: List of DC Universes, Birds of Prey, Birds of Prey (TV), Hellblazer, Constantine (TV), Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, , The New Adventures of Wonder Woman, Superman fandom, Batman Beyond, The Batman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, The Flash (DC Comics), The Flash (1990s), The Sandman, Legion of Super-Heroes, DC Super Hero Girls and Teen Titans
- Pages that need to be created: Batman: The Brave and the Bold
- Character pages that need expansion: Starfire, Raven Roth
- Characters pages that need to be created: John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Midnighter,Karen Starr, Mera, Grace Choi, Anissa Pierce
- pages that need more information: Snow White and Seven Dwarfs, Dumbo, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, The Lion King, Pocahontas, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Treasure Planet, Tangled, Frozen, The Princess and the Frog, Brave, Enchanted, Maleficent (film), Lilo & Stitch, Mary Poppins, Disney Fairies (aka Tinker Bell movies) and any other fandoms already listed in Category:Disney
- also characters & pairing pages from any of the movies listed above need to be added
- Disney Channel:
- pages that need to be added: JONAS, Sonny with a Chance, Good Luck Charlie, Phineas and Ferb, Camp Rock, A.N.T. Farm, Jessie, Austin & Ally
- pages needing more information: Lizzie McGuire, Wizards of Waverly Place, That's So Raven, High School Musical, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Hannah Montana, I Didn't Do It, Girl Meets World, Kim Possible, Life With Derek, Disney's Descendants, Liv and Maddie
- Disney RPF - main article needs more information and examples, also pairing pages need to be created
- pages that need expanded fandom and fanworks examples: River Song, Donna Noble
- also need pages for old school Who companions
- main article more detail and pages needed for most major characters & pairings
Show page could use more sample/notable fanworks. Most character pages need more fandom, pretty please. Adding some placeholder bits of canon info and obvious stuff like Idol Reflections/Ship Manifesto essays if they exist just to have something, but no idea about other notable meta on the characters or notable fanworks. If anyone who's actually been fannish about the show can add more fandom info to balance pages out that'd be lovely.
Expand pretty much all existing pages.
- Apollo (Greek Mythology)
- Artemis (Greek Mythology)
- Hermes (Greek Mythology)
- Aphrodite (Greek Mythology)
- Dionysus (Greek Mythology)
- Medusa (Greek Mythology)
- Cassandra (Greek Mythology)
- Orpheus (Greek Mythology)
- Cupid/Psyche see Cupid_(Greek_mythology)
- Many character pages and pairing pages are still stubs or need to be fleshed out. Most of the main characters' pages need some clean-up.
- Characters and pairings with redlinks on List of Harry Potter Pairing Names need to be created.
- More Harry Potter archives and communities could use pages.
- Fan reaction and fandom surrounding Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and Fantastic Beasts are needed.
- Typical hp fic tropes/mentions: Animagus, Azkaban, Yule Ball
More fandom information is needed - this was a fairly large fandom back in its heyday. So far there is only 2 pairing pages: Nathan/Peter and Peter/Claire, but they have barely anything to them. More pairings especially the popular ones are needed (Claire/Nathan, Peter/Nikki, Peter/Sylar, Claire/Sylar, Hiro/Charlie to name a few). There are currently no character pages, so that is needed as well.
There are some Heroes vid pages, but other fanworks are needed. Other archives, fanfiction, and websites need pages.
- needs more fandom information, what are the pairings?, notable fanworks, etc.
- There are plenty of fanworks that deserve their own pages.
- Something about the history of MSPA Forum Adventures would be great.
- A couple of really prevalent Homestuck-specific genres and/or AU categories might benefit from mentions, such as (feel free to add):
- main article, as well as Seddie and any other relevant ships
Pretty much all pairing and character pages but Arthur, Eames and Arthur/Eames need more content - Yusuf, Saito, Ariadne, Dom Cobb, Robert Fischer, Mal, Ariadne/Yusuf, Dom Cobb/Mal, Arthur/Dom Cobb and so on. Adding more fanworks and creators would be great too.
There a a bunch of stubs for bands, but very little info about the fandom or fans. Needs the perspective of someone active in the fandom (are there any Kpop fans on Fanlore?) This is a longshot, but more info about the Korean fandom would be awesome.
Lord of the Rings and other Tolkien
- Character pages that need expansion: Arwen, Boromir, Éomer, Éowyn, Faramir
- Should have articles on Tolkien-inspired fan activities of the 1960s-70s, the original Mythopoeic Society, people who took their class notes in Elvish
- Pairings pages that need to be created: Merry/Pippin, Aragorn/Arwen, Faramir/Éowyn, also a page on interspecies slash (ie hobbit/human or elf)
- Pairings pages that need expansion: Legolas/Gimli
- J.R.R. Tolkien's relationships with his fans and fandom
- Cthulhu Mythos
- H. P. Lovecraft Historical Society
- Crypt of Cthulhu (zine)
- Randolph Carter
- Herbert West
- Richard Upton Pickman
- Asenath Waite
- Wilbur Whateley
- Characters that need pages: The Wasp
- Character pages that need expansion: Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, Ant-Man (Marvel Comics)
- Other fandoms definitely needs expanding (or creating) especially for the comicverses but even some of the film-fandoms: Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, The Incredible Hulk (film), Spider-Girl, The Amazing Spider-Man, Thor (comics), X-Force, Runaways, X-Factor (comics), Excalibur (X-Men), Young Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy. A lot of the Marvel Characters pages are stubs that desperately in need of more fanworks and fandom history, a lot more characters need to be added as well.
- Marvel Universe Identification Catalogue ( AKA- https://fanlore.org/wiki/List_of_Marvel_Universes ) needs to be expanded to include;
Earth-120703, Earth-96283, Earth-807128, Earth-9992, Earth-71612, Earth-71912, Earth-19919, Earth-61610, Earth-22312, Earth-21722, Earth-138, Earth-(No I.D#/Lou Ferrigno Hulk) And many, many more. Please add to this list if you discover more. Please delete after additions are made. ~INDEX~
- The Avengers (Marvel) & The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - both need tropes, fanon, examples - more Meta.
- WandaVision is a stub that needs more content
- pages that need to be created: Ensemble Stars, Touken Ranbu, the Arcana
- pages that need expansion: Love Live! School Idol Project, Mystic Messenger, BanG Dream!
- Almost all pages could use some expansion.
- I would like to add some talk of cosplay to Cats (musical) because that is a large part of the active fandom for that, and would love some information about older fansites/fic archives, of which I know many exist but finding them is another question.
- Could use a lot of additions, I don't know how many theater fans there are on here though. Some shows that need pages include Falsettos, Firebringer, Beetlejuice, Jagged Little Pill is growing in popularity, so it might need one, especially due to the fan controversy surrounding LP's casting
- Beetlejuice could probably use a section on its widespread use a tiktok audio and how that seemed to grow the fandom
- Pages that need expansion: Be More Chill, Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812, Dear Evan Hansen
- expand Bootleg and Bootleg Sharing
- some notable animatics artists
- Pages for the Tin Can Brothers and their shows Spies are Forever and The Solve It Squad
- Need more info on Tumblr fandom on the main Theater page, I only have info on Instagram and Twitter
- Would potentially like to make pages for Sondheim and other such mainstay composers?
- I'm not sure if anyone is actually reading this section/is also a theater fan on here. This list is mostly for my own use at this point.
Mythology fandom could use its own page. Greek and Norse mythology have their own categories but they're pretty barebones.
- need pages for most of the main characters and pairings
- Christine Daae
- Raoul de Chagny
- Meg Giry
- Madame Giry
- Carlotta Giudicelli
- Philippe de Chagny
- Christine Daae (Phantom of the Opera fan)
- Anne Myers
- Rafael (Phantom of the Opera fan)
- Karin Willison
- The Thrilling Adventure Hour
- The Magnus Archives
- The Penumbra Podcast
- The Bright Sessions
- Last Podcast On The Left
- The 'N Sync page is a stub; there are a lot of ways it could be developed--maybe an overview of the group members as characters, and their evolution in the fandom, or the impact of each cd and subsequent tour on the fandom and the fiction. Perhaps a list of the most influential media appearances.
- Pages that need expansion: 5 Seconds of Summer, Panic! at the Disco and Fall Out Boy
- Pages that need to exist: A page for the Smiths and/or Morrissey. Currently there are 217 fanworks on AO3 tagged "The Smiths". Smiths/Morrissey fandom has at least a thirty year history offline (bootleg albums, fanart, fan-organized tours, fanzines, cover bands, fan compilations) and about 20 years of history online (fanfiction, fanvids, fanart, fan communities and blogs). Ideally there would be a page specifically about the Smiths fandom community on tumblr in the mid-2010s. Items of note: Marrissey tinhatting, intersection of fandom and academia, copyright takedowns, Morrissey-solo.com vs. Morrissey, interactions with band members, metafandom).
- Duplicity, the One Direction Wattpad fanfiction that blew up in 2021 after the reveal of Harry Styles actually being an American named Sebastian.
- List of Sherlock Holmes Communities and Forums is mostly LJ communities. Add mailing lists, etc.?
- Needs characters pages for all the main characters.
- Character pages for Dante and the other main characters.
- Fandom and fanwork information.
- More detail in the main article.
Other than Star Trek and NASA, there's very little about the significant intersection of the fandom and the broad field of science. I think we need a Science and Star Trek page (or something along those lines).
- pages that need to be created: all characters and most pairings from Star Trek: Enterprise.
TF2 only has a very basic main page, and only one other page. It really needs more fandom information, character information and ships (Medic/Heavy springs to mind). It could really use some love from someone familiar with the fandom!
None of the individual games have pages, so lots of love is needed there; more information about fandom is needed as well.
Serial Killer fandoms are pretty notorious and widely mocked, but fanlore has absolutely nothing about that controversy. It would be good to tie it in with controversy about RPF. Info about the fandom practices would be even better. There probably also interesting things to be said about the popularity Serial Killers as a trope and genre.
The fandom is so huge, yet the fanlore page barely says anything but statistics gleaned by non-Twilight-fans, and doesn't even mention any popular fanwriters and fanartists (or specific fanworks)
Twilight RPF could also use expansion.
There are a lot of webcomics out there with huge and active fanbases, but very few pages in the Category:Webcomics.
- pages that need expansion: Questionable Content, Hanna Is Not A Boy's Name, Hark! A Vagrant, xkcd, Ava's Demon, Boy Meets Boy, Nimona
- pages that need to be created: Megatokyo, Penny Arcade, David Willis's stuff, Romantically Apocalyptic, Lackadaisy, A Redtail's Dream, Stand Still Stay Silent, Kill Six Billion Demons, Unsounded, Year in Hereafter, The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal, Castle Swimmer, Girls With Slingshots, Something Positive, Octopus Pie, Go Get a Roomie!, Girlyyy, Teahouse, Starfighter, Sinfest, the list goes on and on...
Additionally, the webcomic page probably should cover more information.
- A updated, detailed list can be found at FanloreProject:YouTube Fandom! However, these are good, important starting points:
- main article needs expansion
- Pages that need to be created: Troyler, Lemma, Let's Play, Ross's Game Dungeon, Jim Sterling, Extra Credits, MatPat, CinemaSins. Dream (YouTuber), Technoblade, Dreamnotfound
- Pages that need expansion: Dan Howell, Phil Lester, Tronnor, Game Grumps, John Green, Hank Green, Markiplier, Jacksepticeye, Heat Waves
Fandoms that have Crack Van fandom overviews but no Fanlore articles: Ace Lightning, Big Time Rush, Chrono Crusade, Fairly OddParents, Gatchaman/Battle of the Planet, Gorgeous Carat, Lackadaisy, Let Dai, Lie to Me, McFly, Raffles, The Amateur Cracksman, Rómeó és Júlia, The History Boys. Also: Musical Theater, Science Fiction TV RPF
Serious anime fans usually follow the histories of animation studios as well as manga artists. Should probably have pages for Bones, Studio Trigger, Sunrise, Mappa, Madhouse, A-1 Pictures, and Kyoto Animation etc.
- Maybe the Powered by the Apocolypse system as well?
- main article could use more information
- pages that need to be created: Bayonetta, Castlevania, Deus Ex, Mortal Kombat, Neverwinter Nights, Saints Row, Sengoku Basara, Silent Hill, Sunless Sea, Street Fighter, Transistor, Unlight
- pages that need expansion: The Witcher, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Watch_Dogs, Life is Strange 2, Dangan Ronpa
- The Witcher: a netflix series is in development so if would be nice to have info about the current fandom to compare things later
- Genshin Impact -- it's become a juggernaut but we have nothing!!!
- Untitled Goose Game
Anyone remember the vampire hobbits fad? It even spawned an archive of sorts at one point.
The Fanfiction Glossary
The Fanfiction Glossary does have a page now, if anyone wants to add to it, or you could check the wayback versions of the Fanfiction Glossary and add missing information to the Fanlore articles about the listed glossary terms.
Articles needed for:
- Gothic (Gothic fandoms, influences on fandoms in general)
- Romance Novel (influences on fandom, differences between romance novels and shippy fics, influences of fandom on romance novel e.g. m/m romance novel genre, fanfics published as romance novels with serial numbers filed off)
- and other basic literary genres.
Articles that need expansion:
- Mystery (genre)
- This actually links to an X-Files Fanwork. If a genre term is created, it will need a disambig...
- Issue was resolved (renamed fic page, made disambiguation page)
- This actually links to an X-Files Fanwork. If a genre term is created, it will need a disambig...
- Supernatural (genre)
- Romantic Comedy
- & the other Category:Fandoms by Canon Type pages
I'm assuming links to Angels are re: their appearance in fic?
- POV Outsider/Outside POV: prevalent in fanworks that expand on canon
The Cakeverse is a newly born fan trope which is the same vein as Hanahaki Disease or Alpha/Beta/Omega dynamics in which there are three elements of people in-universe: Cakes, Forks, and Normals. Cakes are people who taste (or sometimes are made of) Cake, Forks are people with no sense of taste except for when they're making out (or even eating) people who are Cakes. Normals are the Betas of this universe. Can be silly or serious.
A platform becoming increasingly popular with younger fans. Needs expansions and more perspectives .
Many early websites have disappeared. Just as fandom shifted online from zines, so it has increasingly been shifting from personal websites to LJ/DW or FF.net. Now, people are dropping personal sites to archive on AO3. There are many fan websites still needing documentation—even just listing them (with their URLs) for each fandom would help.
Aestheticism was one of the first widely-accessible sources of information on BL ("yaoi") in English. The article is a stub, but it has references that could be used to flesh it out. The owners are still around AFAIK; the site's just down. Someone could find them and ask them about the site history and their future plans.
Freedom of Speech Archive
Anyone know anything about this site?
- Is that the same as Freedom of Speech Fan Fiction Archive or different?
- Many of the pages created for this project are still stubs or don't include updated links. 
- GeoCities could use more fannish perspective.
- A page about this very successful site that offers scanlated manga to read online, but that is often hosted without the scanlator's permission. It's actually one site among many owned by the for-profit U.S.?/China?-based company NOEZWork, Inc / NOEZ.com that host fanworks like scanlations, fansubs, fanart, etc., often without fan permission, and make money off ad revenue. A sneakier, successful version of monetizing fans a la FanLib, Narutofan.com, and the like. A couple of links:
http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/2091-mangafox-how-noez-does-business/ http://www.mangaupdates.com/showtopic.php?page=1&tid=28000 http://japanzai.com/index.php?topic=1619.0 http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http://noez.com (older pages with info about NOEZ's corporate plans before they were taken down)
Needs fleshing out
- Could use expansion
Anyone ever active on Xanga?
- The main article needs expansion
Anime & Manga Fandom & Related Fandoms
There are many single, specific pages you can add:
- Anime and manga series not on Category:Anime or Category:Manga
- Use Template:FandombyText
- Add [[Category:Anime]] and/or [[Category:Manga]] (others as needed)
- Remember to focus on fandom, not canon.
- Characters, pairings, or groups (examples: Rukia Kuchiki, Sasuke x Naruto)
- Template:CharacterProfile for characters
- Template:PairingProfile for pairings/threesomes/moresomes
- Add [[Category:FANDOMNAME]], replacing FANDOMNAME with the canon the character/relationship comes from
- We don't have a template yet for groups; if you want one, just comment on Category_talk:Infoboxes.
- Scanlation groups at List of Scanlation Groups
- Add [[Category:Anime & Manga Fandom]] and/or [[Category:Doujin Fandom]]
- Fansub groups at List of Fansub Groups
- Clubs at List of Anime Clubs
- Cons at List of Anime Conventions
- Doujin at List of Doujinshi by Fandom
- Add [[Category:FANDOMNAME]], replacing FANDOMNAME with the canon the doujinshi is based on
- Doujin circles at List of Doujinshi Circles
- Websites not already listed at Category:Anime & Manga Fandom
- Add [[Category:Anime & Manga Fandom]]
- Specific parts of the fansub process (see [[ for details)
- Add [[Category:Translation]]
- Individual AMVs
- Add [[Category:FANDOMNAME]], replacing FANDOMNAME with the canon the AMV is based on
- Add [[YEAR]], replacing YEAR with the year the AMV was originally posted
- AMV, Cosplay, Doujin, and other Awards
- Add [[Category:Anime Music Video]], [[Category:Anime & Manga Fandom]], or [[Doujin Fandom]]
- Add [[YEAR]], replacing YEAR with the year the award was offered OR the decade if multiple years; add more decades as needed
- Individual fanart, fanfiction, cosplay, podfic, etc.
- Template:Fanwork or one of its variants (Template:Fanfiction, Template:Podfic)
- Add [[Category:FANDOMNAME]], replacing FANDOMNAME with the canon the fanwork is based on
- Add [[YEAR]], replacing YEAR with the year the fanwork was originally posted
- Add any medium-based categories that apply, like [[Visual Arts]], [[Crafts]], [[Multimedia]], [[Poetry]], [[Costuming]], etc. (if you're using a specific template like Template:Podfic, this will be added automatically for you)
- Common terms/tropes (example: mecha)
- Influential seiyuu, mangaka, directors, writers, character designers, etc. (example: Hayao Miyazaki)
- Add [[Category:Anime & Manga Fandom]]
- Remember to describe their impact on fans, not just the industry.
If the page you want to add is not listed on a "List of" page, just add it to the appropriate category. Many of those pages are still woefully incomplete.
If you want a bigger challenge:
- Cosplay is currently a short page, and all cosplay-related materials are under Category:Costuming or Category:Gaming & Role-Playing. There is no template for specific photo-sets or performances. You could request a template, as well as a separate category, if you wanted to tackle that topic. Request templates at Category_talk:Infoboxes
- Fansub and scanlation into languages other than English or in areas outside the U.S./Canada need a lot of work. If you're having trouble figuring out where to add that information, come check in on the talk pages.
- J-Drama, K-Drama, and TW-Drama could use many more series and general information. SG-Drama, HK-Drama, and C-Drama don't even have pages and categories yet.
- We need pages for Fan Dub, Manga Music Video, MAD, MMD, and possibly Anime Story Music Video, as well as pages on others terms and elements of video-related culture.
- Category:J-Pop Fandom, Category:J-Rock Fandom, and Category:K-Rock Fandom are tiny and need lots of work. Category:K-Pop Fandom is bigger but could still use some love.
- Category:Games is very small still.
- Know of any debates/discussions within a community, especially large, complicated, or highly visible ones? Those can get their own pages!
- Category:Debate (for debates, wanks, imbroglios, etc.) or Category:Discussion (for discussion communities, histories of long-term discussions, etc.)
- Template:EventProfile or Template:Activity
- Add [[Category:FANDOMNAME]], replacing FANDOMNAME with the fandom the debate or discussion happened in; OR add [[Category:Anime & Manga Fandom]] if it was a broader community debate.
- Vocaloid fandom needs lots of love, especially with pages pertaining to individual voices, like Hatsune Miku or Kaito.
If you notice anything missing from these lists that needs work, please add it!