Please edit this page to add topics or specific pages to the list that you would like to see on the wiki. New editors (and anyone else) who want to add content to the wiki, but don't know where to start, can check this list and start on anything that tickles their fancy.
A complete list of wanted pages (automatically generated) can also be found here.
This section contains tasks that don't require any particular fannish knowledge but are still necessary and any help would be appreciated. Mostly it's tagging pages with the correct categories and similar routine stuff.
Infrastructure-ish Page Wish
- Some kind of What should we (re)name x page? page, where fl editors can more easily/centrally brainstorm ideas together about what to name or rename certain pages might be really handy. (See User_talk:Facetofcathy#Name_the_Page)
- A general discussion page where concerns and suggestions can be discussed and questions about the site can be asked.
This section contains a wish list for fannish topics that either do not have adequate coverage on Fanlore or are not yet represented here at all.
- fancraft, Fannish Dolls, Fannish Knitting, Customizing Action Figures, Fannish Embroidery, Fannish Teddies (i.e. dressing teddy bears—similar to dolls—rather than in pictures).
- fan fashions and Category:Costuming, cosplay, Fannish Cooking TARDIS Cake Doctor Hoo cake based on Threadless-brand t-shirt
- other crafts?
- Tshirts, especially those sold online through sites like Redbubble, etsy, Teepublic
- Buttons! I'm really interested in these, but I don't know how to best capture/catalog them here
A page dedicated to the history, styles, whatever of Zine Art. We've got lots of images that we can use as examples!
Additional page(s) for Cover Art or Cover Design - perhaps also comparing zine covers to other types of fanworks that might use covers - filk albums, fanmixes, podfic, ...? (Check out the Merlin podbook covers)
Fan video game development
In #yuletide, we were discussing fan video game projects like the Chrono Trigger sequel and how they routinely get shut down by video game companies.
Also worth discussing: Game mods, and how game company reactions vary. (Some accept them; some love them; some do everything they can to squelch them.)
May need a video game equivalent to the Professional Author Fanfic Policies page; however, unlike authors, game companies rarely issue clear statements on their opinion on fan game activities. Also, legal copyright status of those is much blurrier.
- Minors in Fandom - A recent discussion as of 2017, brought by Voltron: Legendary Defender fandom discourse and expanding generally ex. here, here, here, here, and here (see followups: specifically about VLD, and here.) Another resource to look at. (Or to be added to Fan Age and Fandom?)
- The controversy surrounding fanfiction commissions (or to be added on Attitudes Toward Fanfiction?) (links needed)
- Fanfiction Writers and Feedback, specifically comments - plus conjoining discussions of comparing fanfiction and fan art (?), and commenting etiquette ex. here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here here, here, here, here, here, here - perhaps focus on recent discussion re: this, as well as how platform (Tumblr & AO3 (2012-2017) vs LJ (2004-2012)) has affected this
- Fiction vs. Reality Discussion as seen here, here, here, here here, and here
- Lesbophobia in Fandom?
- Shipwars like Zutara vs Kataang, IchiRuki vs IchiHime, Harry/Hermione vs Ron/Hermione, Klance vs Sheith, Stucky vs Stony, and many, many other shipwars could use their own pages. See Category: Shipwars
List fandoms here; place details in the individual fandom's talk page.
- 5 Seconds of Summer - needs character pages, ship pages
- Mediaminer - Needs fleshing out
- The Avengers (Marvel) & The Earth's Mightiest Heroes - both need tropes, fanon, examples - more Meta.
- My Chemical Romance, Panic! at the Disco and Fall Out Boy need to have their pages fleshed out. ✅Done
- Battlestar Galactica (2003) and Caprica - need ships, meta
- Blake's 7 - Need articles on main characters: Vila Restal, Cally, Jenna Stannis, Servalan
- D.Gray-man - Could use major pairing descriptions
- Farscape - more detail, character & ship pages
- Melanie Martinez - We need more music on Fanlore! Add history, ships, etc.
- Osomatsu-san - Also ships, reputation among anime fandom, etc.
- Dream Daddy - As well as resulting genderbend wank
- Pod Save America
- iCarly - as well as Seddie and any other relevant ships
The fandom is massive, especially after the finale of the second season, yet there's no page for it at all. C'mon guys, even the basics is good until the fans can edit it.
Ship pages for Makoto/Haruka, Rin/Haruka, Rei/Nagisa, and possibly Sousuke/Makoto. Maybe discuss the Rin/Haru and Makoto/Haru ship war on the fandom page? Also the sharkbaitshipping wank with YGO:Zexal fandom.
Characters: Literally every character except for Sakura. Also all the teams except for Team 7.
Despite huge followings, these fandoms have weak support at Fanlore. Gravity Falls, Korrasami, Makorra, The Legend of Korra, Adventure Time, Bee and Puppycat, Bravest Warriors, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, SpongeBob SquarePants, Phineas and Ferb, Regular Show, Bob's Burgers, The Amazing World of Gumball, The Simpsons, Invader Zim - many pages are stubs or need expansion, or don't mention major ships.
Older cartoons need to be expanded or started such as Extreme Ghostbusters, As Told By Ginger, Braceface, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, Code Lyoko, Darkwing Duck, DuckTales, Mighty Ducks: The Animated Series, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, She-Ra: Princess Of Power, Thundercats, and Toy Story to name a few. Some actually had a large fanbase and fandom history but there is little info about them. ETA: Also Ben 10, Scooby Doo.
More to add: Xiaolin Showdown, Powerpuff Girls, Star vs The Forces of Evil, Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja, American Dragon: Jake Long, Lego Ninjago, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Storm Hawks, Gargoyles (TV), Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!, The Loud House, W.I.T.C.H., G.I. Joe, Thomas the Tank Engine, Slugterra, Ever After High, The Boondocks, Grojband, Metalocalypse, PAW Patrol, Jackie Chan Adventures, Looney Tunes, Animaniacs, Monster High, Secret Saturdays, Recess, The Last Unicorn.
A general article on (Western) comics fandom would be useful. At the moment, it's a disambiguation which gets linked all over the place.
Many major characters that have a strong fandom presence still have no article, and the rest is mostly stubs. Almost no pairings have pages, or if they do they are mainly stubs.
- List of DC Universes is just a stub and desperately needs to be added to.
- Fanworks such as fanfiction and fanart need to be added.
- Other websites and archives need to be added.
- Fandom sections for Birds of Prey, Birds of Prey (TV), Gotham, Hellblazer, Constantine (TV), Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Wonder Woman, The New Adventures of Wonder Woman, Superman fandom, Batman Beyond, The Batman, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, DC Super Hero Girls, Aquaman, Green Lantern, The Flash (DC Comics), The Flash (1990s), The Sandman, and etc. desperately need to be expanded or started.
- Other than the Clark Kent stub (and a really minimal stub at that) and the Superman disambiguation page, there appears to be no actual page for Superman.
- More stuff about pre-90s Legion of Super-Heroes and Teen Titans fandoms.
- Characters like John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Midnighter, Starfire, Karen Starr, Mera, Grace Choi, Anissa Pierce, etc.
- Movies needed to be added here: Snow White and Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio, Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, One Hundred and One Dalmatians, Mary Poppins, or any other Disney movies not mentioned here.
- More information needs to be added: Dumbo, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, The Lion King, Pocahontas, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Treasure Planet, Tangled, Frozen, The Princess and the Frog, Brave, Enchanted, Maleficent (film), Lilo & Stitch, Disney Fairies (aka Tinker Bell movies) and any other fandoms already listed in Category:Disney
- Characters & ships from any of the movies listed above need to be added
- Disney RPF - more information and examples
- Disney Channel pages needs to be worked on/added - currently missing: Disney's Descendants, Phil Of The Future, JONAS, Sonny with a Chance, Good Luck Charlie, Phineas and Ferb, Camp Rock, A.N.T. Farm, Jessie, Austin & Ally, Dog with a Blog, Liv and Maddie, Evermoor, K.C. Undercover
- More fandom to balance out all the canon info about Martha Jones. Ditto Amy Pond. Rose Tyler has a nice list of communities, but very little else. River Song's page is empty. Donna Noble's page is a tiny stub. More old school Who companions. ✅Done
Show page could use more sample/notable fanworks. Most character pages need more fandom, pretty please. Adding some placeholder bits of canon info and obvious stuff like Idol Reflections/Ship Manifesto essays if they exist just to have something, but no idea about other notable meta on the characters or notable fanworks. If anyone who's actually been fannish about the show can add more fandom info to balance pages out that'd be lovely.
A lot of characters need pages: Sansa Stark, Arya Stark, Jon Snow, Robb Stark, Theon Greyjoy, Brienne of Tarth, Jaime Lannister, Cersei Lannister, Sandor Clegane, Catelyn Stark, Ned Stark, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Loras Tyrell, Ygritte, Jorah Mormont, Ramsay Snow, Joffrey Baratheon
Many popular ships also need pages: Daenerys Targaryen/Jon Snow, Jaime Lannister/Brienne of Tarth, Cersei Lannister/Jaime Lannister, Sandor Clegane/Sansa Stark, Catelyn Stark/Ned Stark, Petyr Baelish/Sansa Stark, Renly Baratheon/Loras Tyrell, Jon Snow/Ygritte, Daenerys Targaryen/Jorah Mormont ✅Done
Pairing names moved onto their own page. Pages created for popular stories and fansites. More on fanart and other fandom things besides just fic, maybe. Any other opinions and perspectives, since the main Hanson article has been edited mostly by one person up to this point.
- Many character pages and pairing pages are still stubs or need to be fleshed out. Most of the main characters' pages need some clean-up.
- Characters and pairings with redlinks on List of Harry Potter Pairing Names need to be created.
- More Harry Potter archives and communities could use pages.
- Fan reaction and fandom surrounding Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and Fantastic Beasts are needed.
- Typical hp fic tropes/mentions: Animagus, Azkaban, Yule Ball
More fandom information is needed - this was a fairly large fandom back in its heyday. So far there is only 2 pairing pages: Nathan/Peter and Peter/Claire, but they have barely anything to them. More pairings especially the popular ones are needed (Claire/Nathan, Peter/Nikki, Peter/Sylar, Claire/Sylar, Hiro/Charlie to name a few). There are currently no character pages, so that is needed as well.
There are some Heroes vid pages, but other fanworks are needed. Other archives, fanfiction, and websites need pages.
More information about the movies&movie fandom and how they relate to the series would be nice. (ee discussion on [the talk page])
- Highlander: The Raven needs more fandom information, what are the pairings?, notable fanworks, etc.
- The fandom page could use more content, for example about various wanks and controversies, the fandom' reputation, and fandom on Tumblr. It also needs more citations and could use a clean-up.
- Few characters pages exist and those that do need a lot more fandom content. Same goes for pairings.
- There are plenty of fanworks that deserve their own pages.
- Something about the history of MSPA Forum Adventures would be great.
- A couple of really prevalent Homestuck-specific genres and/or AU categories might benefit from mentions, such as (feel free to add):
Pretty much all pairing and character pages but Arthur, Eames and Arthur/Eames need more content - Yusuf, Saito, Ariadne, Dom Cobb, Robert Fischer, Mal, Ariadne/Yusuf, Dom Cobb/Mal, Arthur/Dom Cobb and so on. Adding more fanworks and creators would be great too.
There a a bunch of stubs for bands, but very little info about the fandom or fans. Needs the perspective of someone active in the fandom (are there any Kpop fans on Fanlore?) This is a longshot, but more info about the Korean fandom would be awesome.
Lord of the Rings and other Tolkien
- Needs lots of characters, in particular: Arwen, Boromir, Éomer, Éowyn, Faramir
- Should have articles on Tolkien-inspired fan activities of the 1960s-70s, the original Mythopoeic Society, people who took their class notes in Elvish
- Needs pairings: Merry/Pippin, Legolas/Gimli, Aragorn/Arwen, Faramir/Éowyn, interspecies slash (ie hobbit/human or elf)
- Category for Tolkien Fanfiction needs populating
Several characters, mostly those not (or not yet) included in the MCU need pages. Among those are: Black Panther, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, The Wasp, Ant-man, and a bunch that I'm forgetting.
Other fandoms definitely needs expanding (or creating) especially for the comicverses but even some of the film-fandoms: Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, The Incredible Hulk (film), Spider-Girl, The Amazing Spider-Man, Thor (comics), X-Force, Runaways, X-Factor, Excalibur (X-Men), Young Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy. A lot of the Marvel Characters pages are stubs that desperately in need of more fanworks and fandom history, a lot more characters need to be added as well.
Love Live! School Idol Project also needs expanding.
Could use a lot of additions, I don't know how many theater fans there are on here though. Some shows that need pages include Be More Chill, Falsettos, Firebringer, Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812, and probably more I'm forgetting. The bootlegging of shows might deserve a page too, since it's a pretty big part of fandom. Stagedooring could use a mention in the theater page, since it's a common fan activity.
Mythology fandom could use its own page. Greek and Norse mythology have their own categories but they're pretty barebones.
Missing. One particular thing that would be interesting: From my outside perspective, hurt/comfort with physical injuries seems to be unusually common in Overwatch fanart. I'd love to know if that is true, and if yes, read more about that aspect of the fandom.
Mako Mori, c'mon.
There are many popslash authors/websites that remain to be documented on their own pages. The 'N Sync page is a stub; there are a lot of ways it could be developed--maybe an overview of the group members as characters, and their evolution in the fandom, or the impact of each cd and subsequent tour on the fandom and the fiction. Perhaps a list of the most influential media appearances. And so on.
Several character and pairing pages (for example Sheppard/Weir, John/Teyla, Carson Beckett/Rodney McKay, Aiden Ford, ...) could use more fanwork examples and references to meta. Many more vids, stories, and other fanworks could have their own pages.
- Sherlock Holmes (2009) could use more attention, and may need updating/renaming to reflect a broader Richie movie base
- Updates to Sherlock (TV series) and related pages to include information about the last two series. ✅Done
- More character pages: Mycroft Holmes, Mrs. Hudson, Eurus Holmes
- List of Sherlock Holmes Communities and Forums is mostly LJ communities. Add mailing lists, etc.?
Other than Star Trek and NASA, there's very little about the significant intersection of the fandom and the broad field of science. I think we need a Science and Star Trek page (or something along those lines).
TF2 only has a very basic main page, and only one other page. It really needs more fandom information, character information and ships (Medic/Heavy springs to mind). It could really use some love from someone familiar with the fandom!
Show page could use more sample fanworks. Any character pages would be good. Anyone who was fannish about the show interested in adding fanworks/meta/links?
The fandom is so huge, yet the fanlore page barely says anything but statistics gleaned by non-Twilight-fans, and doesn't even mention any popular fanwriters and fanartists (or specific fanworks)
Twilight RPF could also use expansion.
There are a lot of webcomics out there with huge and active fanbases, but very few pages in the Category:Webcomics. Just a few off the top of my head that should probably have pages: Questionable Content, Megatokyo, Penny Arcade, Hanna Is Not A Boy's Name, Hark! A Vagrant, David Willis's stuff, Romantically Apocalyptic, Lackadaisy, A Redtail's Dream, Stand Still, Stay Silent, Kill Six Billion Demons, Ava's Demon, Unsounded, Year in Hereafter, and The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal.
Additionally, the webcomic page probably should cover more information.
- A page needs to be created about Youtube and its impact on fans, fan activities and fandoms.
- Pages should be created for popular Youtubers/ships of Youtubers including Troyler, Lemma and Tronnor.
- Dan Howell and Phil Lester need some expanding.
- Let's Play Markiplier, PewDiePie, Game Grumps, Jacksepticeye, etc. Some are mentioned in YouTube RPF, but as characters for shipping, not as makers of Fanworks.
- Reviewers like Ross's Game Dungeon, Jim Sterling, JonTron need pages.
- YouTube meta needs pages - Extra Credits, MatPat, CinemaSins and similar.
Fandoms that have Crack Van fandom overviews but no Fanlore articles: Ace Lightning, Ai no Kusabi, Big Time Rush, Chrono Crusade, Fairly OddParents, Gatchaman/Battle of the Planet, Gorgeous Carat, Lackadaisy, Let Dai, Lie to Me, McFly, Raffles, The Amateur Cracksman, Reservoir Dogs, Rómeó és Júlia, Samurai Champloo, School of Rock, The History Boys. Also: Musical Theater, Science Fiction TV RPF, Ben Affleck/Matt Damon.
I can't believe we don't have an article on these! Another thing that's linked all over the place.
- I made a Video Games article but I'm not pleased with it at all. It needs more content from someone versed in more than a handful of games. LeaHazel (talk) 11:28, 7 August 2014 (UTC)
Animal Crossing, Bayonetta, Castlevania, Deus Ex, Devil May Cry, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Flight Rising, Mortal Kombat, Neverwinter Nights, Saints Row, Sengoku Basara, Silent Hill, Sunless Sea, Streetfighter, Transistor, The Witcher (video game)
Anyone remember the vampire hobbits fad? It even spawned an archive of sorts at one point.
Anyone feel like taking this massive topic on? ✅Done
The Fanfiction Glossary
The Fanfiction Glossary does have a page now, if anyone wants to add to it, or you could check the wayback versions of the Fanfiction Glossary and add missing information to the Fanlore articles about the listed glossary terms.
Expand the articles:
- Supernatural (genre)
- Romantic Comedy
- & the other Category:Fandoms by Canon Type pages
I'm assuming links to Angels are re: their appearance in fic?
Many early websites have disappeared. Just as fandom shifted online from zines, so it has increasingly been shifting from personal websites to LJ/DW or FF.net. Now, people are dropping personal sites to archive on AO3. There are many fan websites still needing documentation—even just listing them (with their URLs) for each fandom would help.
Aestheticism was one of the first widely-accessible sources of information on BL ("yaoi") in English. The article is a stub, but it has references that could be used to flesh it out. The owners are still around AFAIK; the site's just down. Someone could find them and ask them about the site history and their future plans.
The Facebook page is a stubby stub and could use anything about what fandom looks like there. ✅Done
Freedom of Speech Archive
Anyone know anything about this site?
- Many of the pages created for this project are still stubs or don't include updated links. 
- GeoCities could use more fannish perspective.
- A page about this very successful site that offers scanlated manga to read online, but that is often hosted without the scanlator's permission. It's actually one site among many owned by the for-profit U.S.?/China?-based company NOEZWork, Inc / NOEZ.com that host fanworks like scanlations, fansubs, fanart, etc., often without fan permission, and make money off ad revenue. A sneakier, successful version of monetizing fans a la FanLib, Narutofan.com, and the like. A couple of links:
http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/2091-mangafox-how-noez-does-business/ http://www.mangaupdates.com/showtopic.php?page=1&tid=28000 http://japanzai.com/index.php?topic=1619.0 http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http://noez.com (older pages with info about NOEZ's corporate plans before they were taken down)
This page needs details! The who, what, when, where and how of The Sith Academy and its community of fans.
Edited to add: I added some background. --MeeDee 05:16, 9 October 2011 (UTC)
A major journalling site we don't cover at all.
Anyone ever active on Xanga?
4chan and its boards need a page. (This is in progress at /a/.)
Conventions in the UK and Australia
I've been working at making pages for UK and AUS media conventions. The STAG and IDIC newsletters, as well as Hypertension, have a great deal of information, but we need more information from fans who are more in the know than I. --Mrs. Potato Head 17:00, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
Anime & Manga Fandom & Related Fandoms
There are many single, specific pages you can add:
- Anime and manga series not on Category:Anime or Category:Manga
- Use Template:FandombyText
- Add [[Category:Anime]] and/or [[Category:Manga]] (others as needed)
- Remember to focus on fandom, not canon.
- Characters, pairings, or groups (examples: Rukia Kuchiki, Sasuke x Naruto)
- Template:CharacterProfile for characters
- Template:PairingProfile for pairings/threesomes/moresomes
- Add [[Category:FANDOMNAME]], replacing FANDOMNAME with the canon the character/relationship comes from
- We don't have a template yet for groups; if you want one, just comment on Category_talk:Infoboxes.
- Scanlation groups at List of Scanlation Groups
- Add [[Category:Anime & Manga Fandom]] and/or [[Category:Doujin Fandom]]
- Fansub groups at List of Fansub Groups
- Clubs at List of Anime Clubs
- Cons at List of Anime Conventions
- Doujin at List of Doujinshi by Fandom
- Add [[Category:FANDOMNAME]], replacing FANDOMNAME with the canon the doujinshi is based on
- Doujin circles at List of Doujinshi Circles
- Websites not already listed at Category:Anime & Manga Fandom
- Add [[Category:Anime & Manga Fandom]]
- Specific parts of the fansub process (see [[ for details)
- Add [[Category:Translation]]
- Individual AMVs
- Add [[Category:FANDOMNAME]], replacing FANDOMNAME with the canon the AMV is based on
- Add [[YEAR]], replacing YEAR with the year the AMV was originally posted
- AMV, Cosplay, Doujin, and other Awards
- Add [[Category:Anime Music Video]], [[Category:Anime & Manga Fandom]], or [[Doujin Fandom]]
- Add [[YEAR]], replacing YEAR with the year the award was offered OR the decade if multiple years; add more decades as needed
- Individual fanart, fanfiction, cosplay, podfic, etc.
- Template:Fanwork or one of its variants (Template:Fanfiction, Template:Podfic)
- Add [[Category:FANDOMNAME]], replacing FANDOMNAME with the canon the fanwork is based on
- Add [[YEAR]], replacing YEAR with the year the fanwork was originally posted
- Add any medium-based categories that apply, like [[Visual Arts]], [[Crafts]], [[Multimedia]], [[Poetry]], [[Costuming]], etc. (if you're using a specific template like Template:Podfic, this will be added automatically for you)
- Common terms/tropes (example: mecha)
- Influential seiyuu, mangaka, directors, writers, character designers, etc. (example: Hayao Miyazaki)
- Add [[Category:Anime & Manga Fandom]]
- Remember to describe their impact on fans, not just the industry.
If the page you want to add is not listed on a "List of" page, just add it to the appropriate category. Many of those pages are still woefully incomplete.
If you want a bigger challenge:
- Cosplay is currently a short page, and all cosplay-related materials are under Category:Costuming or Category:Gaming & Role-Playing. There is no template for specific photo-sets or performances. You could request a template, as well as a separate category, if you wanted to tackle that topic. Request templates at Category_talk:Infoboxes
- Fansub and scanlation into languages other than English or in areas outside the U.S./Canada need a lot of work. If you're having trouble figuring out where to add that information, come check in on the talk pages.
- J-Drama, K-Drama, and TW-Drama could use many more series and general information. SG-Drama, HK-Drama, and C-Drama don't even have pages and categories yet.
- We need pages for Fan Dub, Manga Music Video, MAD, MMD, and possibly Anime Story Music Video, as well as pages on others terms and elements of video-related culture.
- Category:J-Pop Fandom, Category:J-Rock Fandom, and Category:K-Rock Fandom are tiny and need lots of work. Category:K-Pop Fandom is bigger but could still use some love.
- Category:Games is very small still.
- Know of any debates/discussions within a community, especially large, complicated, or highly visible ones? Those can get their own pages!
- Category:Debate (for debates, wanks, imbroglios, etc.) or Category:Discussion (for discussion communities, histories of long-term discussions, etc.)
- Template:EventProfile or Template:Activity
- Add [[Category:FANDOMNAME]], replacing FANDOMNAME with the fandom the debate or discussion happened in; OR add [[Category:Anime & Manga Fandom]] if it was a broader community debate.
- Vocaloid fandom needs lots of love, especially with pages pertaining to individual voices, like Hatsune Miku or Kaito.
If you notice anything missing from these lists that needs work, please add it!