|Creator:||Stan Lee and Jack Kirby|
|Date(s):||1961 - present|
|Medium:||Comics, Films, Cartoons, Video Games|
|Country of Origin:||United States|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
- Reed Richards became known as Mister Fantastic - a scientific genius and is considered the leader; has the ability to stretch his body into incredible lengths and shapes
- Susan "Sue" Storm became known as the Invisible Woman - has the ability to become invisible and project powerful force fields; she later married Reed.
- Johnny Storm became known as the Human Torch - Sue's younger brother; has the ability to generate flames and the power of flight
- Ben Grimm became known as The Thing - Reed's grumpy but benevolent best friend and a pilot; has the ability of superhuman strength and endurance due to the nature of his stone-like flesh.
Other characters are considered reoccurring such as Alicia Masters, Agatha Harkness, Namor, Lyja the Skrull (impersonated Alicia and married Johnny), Valeria Richards and Franklin Richards (Sue and Reed's children). Other Marvel Comics characters have also temporary joined F4 such as Ant-Man, Black Panther, Crystal, Medusa, Ms. Marvel, Power Man, She-Hulk, Storm, and Spider-Man. The most popular villain for the team is Doctor Doom (aka Victor von Doom), although he has often aided the team as well. Other well known villains include Galactus, Mole Man, and the Skrulls.
Fantastic Four Comics
MC2 The team is called Fantastic Five which officially included Johnny Storm, Franklin Richards as Psi-Lord, Ben Grimm, Lyja Storm as Ms. Fantastic, and Reed Richards controlling a robot body remotely known as Big Brain.
Fantastic Four Cartoons
- Fantastic Four (1967 - 1968)
- Fantastic Four (1978)
- Fantastic Four: The Animated Series (1994-1996), which had a crossover episode with The Incredible Hulk animated series.
- Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes (2006-2007)
The Fantastic Four briefly appeared in The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Doctor Doom is prominently shown in The Super Hero Squad Show as well as various other Marvel animated series: Avengers Assemble, Spider-Man: The Animated Series, Ultimate Spider-Man, Iron Man: Armored Adventures, and Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H..
Fantastic Four Films
The Fantastic Four (1994) was a low-budget film made by Roger Corman and never distributed to theaters; it was made purely to retain film rights to the characters. It is currently available on YouTube.
Another Fantastic Four film was released in July 2005 starring Ioan Gruffudd as Reed Richards, Jessica Alba as Susan Storm, Chris Evans as Johnny Storm, Michael Chiklis as Ben Grimm and Julian McMahon as Victor Von Doom. A sequel was released June 2007 with the same cast with an edition of Kerry Washington as Alicia Masters and Doug Jones & Laurence Fishburne as Silver Surfer.
A reboot was released in 2015 which starred Michael B. Jordan as Johnny, Kate Mara as Sue, Toby Kebbell as Doom, Miles Teller as Reed and Jamie Bell as Ben. The film was distributed by 20th Century Fox and is not connected to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It received generally unfavorable reviews for its gloomy tone, undynamic characters, and lack of faithfulness to the source material.
In December, 2017, the Walt Disney Company agreed to a $52.4 billion dollar deal to acquire 21st Century Fox, including its subsidiary 20th Century Fox. Disney's CEO Bob Iger stated that they plan to integrate the Fantastic Four into the Marvel Cinematic Universe
The most common het pairings in the fandom is Reed Richards/Susan Storm which is a canon pairing, as is Ben Grimm/Alicia Masters which is fairly common. A fairly rare pairing is the het incest pairing of Johnny Storm/Susan Storm.
The most common slash pairings in the F4 fandom are:
- Peter Parker/Johnny Storm
- Reed Richards/Johnny Storm
- Reed Richards/Victor von Doom
- Ben Grimm/Johnny Storm
Crossovers with other Marvel fandoms are pretty common which leads to other pairings such as Loki/Victor van Doom, Darcy lewis/Johnny Storm, Phil Coulson/Johnny Storm, etc. Crossovers with other fandoms also happen which leads to other pairings such as Chloe Sullivan/Johnny Storm (Smallville crossover).
For the reboot F4 fandom, Ben/Reed is popular. Although the other pairings: Susan/Victor, Reed/Victor, and Reed/Johnny are fairly rare. Johnny/Peter appeared as a crossover with The Amazing Spider-Man.
- Fantastic Four Reboot Fan Poster by skinnyglasses
- FANTASTIC FOUR - Teaser Poster by MrSteiners
- Fantastic Four costume redesign by Tloessy
- Fantastic Four by darrenrawlings (Wolverine, Hulk, Spider-Man and Ghost Rider as the F4 team)
A Harpic Productions game show parody was performed live at Time-Warped convention in Sydney, Australia. Perfect Botch (1986) was a parody of Australian TV's Perfect Match (aka Blind Date). Members of the Fantastic Four - Marvel Comics' Mr Fantastic, Invisible Woman and Human Torch - hosted, with Tackee the green Orion slave girl, and then The Thing, as the mystery dates for selected audience member contestants.
Archives and Communities
- Fantastic Four (comics) & crossovers works at FFN
- Fantastic Four works at AO3
- sv_f4 (Smallville crossover)
- xmen_f4 (X-Men crossover)
- hp_f4 (Harry Potter crossover)
- heroes_f4 (Heroes crossover)