Shin Megami Tensei
|Video Game Fandom|
|Name:||Shin Megami Tensei (真・女神転生)|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Shin Megami Tensei is a long-running RPG video game series. The series began in 1992 as a spin-off of the Megami Tensei franchise, and the Shin Megami Tensei moniker has been used to market all Megami Tensei games in the West, despite many of them actually being part of the greater Megami Tensei franchise, such as Persona (Series).
- Shin Megami Tensei I
- Shin Megami Tensei II
- Shin Megami Tensei: If..
- Shin Megami Tensei NINE
- Shin Megami Tensei IMAGINE
- Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
- Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
- Shin Megami Tensei IV
- Shin Megami Tensei V
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. the Soulless Army
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon
- Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
- Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2
- Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation Dx2
- Revelations: Persona
- Persona 2: Innocent Sin
- Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
- Persona 3
- Persona 4
- Persona 5
- Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
- Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth
SMT has a modestly-sized but dedicated English-speaking fanbase. The popularity of Persona (Series), another Megami Tensei series, has made the fandom much bigger in recent years.
SMT is infamous for its' high difficulty, especially Nocturne. This is often controversial in the fandom; some enjoy the unforgiving difficulty of the early games and dislike newer easier difficulties, and others dislike their difficulty, arguing that it takes away from the ability to enjoy the story.
Jack Frost, the mascot of SMT and Atlus, is a fan-favorite character in the series. He and his catchphrase, "Hee-ho!", has spawned tons of fan creations over the years.
SMT IMAGINE, an MMORPG for the series, terminated its' last non-Japanese server in 2014, but the community was able to create a private server that preserved its' playability.