|Scope/Focus:||RPF fanfiction written about the musical group 'N Sync (★NSYNC)|
|Date(s):||band active 1995–2002; fandom active late 1990s - early 2000s|
|See also:||Backstreet Boys, Popslash|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
'N Sync is a boyband composed of Joey Fatone, Chris Kirkpatrick, JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake and Lance Bass. (The name is also often spelled "★NSYNC"; the group changed the notation of their name partway through their career.) They and Backstreet Boys were the most popular groups in popslash fandom.
- TrickC: Chris Kirkpatrick/JC Chasez
Tropes & Memes
- Absinthe Makes the Heart Grow Fonder by Mickeym and Nopseud: TrickC
- Book of Secrets (Popslash story) by Rhys:
- Flesh Mechanic: "The Justin Timberlake serial killer fic"
- live from the apopalypse an i know it when i see it - the pornutopia by Nopseud
- The Lamb Entreats the Butcher; Where's Thy Knife?: The X-Files crossover
- Not Based on a True Story by Isilya
- Rakes at the Gates of Hell
- The Same Inside
- The Way You Know Him by Beth and Kaelie
From Citizens Against Bad Slash: "Most surprisingly good fandom: 'N Sync. Don't laugh until you've read it. Rather than being a bunch of giggling 13 year olds, there are some actual adult women and men who get off on the idea of Justin Timberlake (or Ryan Phillippe, I can never remember which) and friends getting down and dirty with each other. Granted, there are some very young people in the fandom who have yet to master high school English, but on the whole the 'N Sync lists are pretty good reading. Unlike other communities, the 'N Sync world is not packed to the gills with hardcore slashers - most of them seem to be new blood - so the fandom politics are kept to a minimum, at least in most cases, give or take a List Owner God Complex incident. They're also pretty creative. Joey beats up JC in a remote cabin before JC stands in the rain, arms outstretched, and cries out "You care!" Lance has autism and calls JC over to check out the bloody corpse on his couch. This fandom will last as long as the band does. You may now insert your own joke about the shelf life of a boy band here. I present this award to every boy band member who is working that homoerotic chic, which is all of them. Next time you see them on TV, take a good look. They have that look in their eyes like they're longing for a nice big...microphone." 
Links & Resources
- owlet's *NSYNC Fandom Primer at squidge.org. This is a basic introduction to the guys and the fandom.
- 'N Sync chronology This chronology is a significant fandom resource, started and maintained by Cressy (canalbaby) on her LiveJournal. The link goes to her memories, which lists all the relevant pages. (Last accessed October, 2008.)
- Fanfiction.net - As of August 2, 2002, NSYNC was the biggest fandom in the music category, with 10893 fics. (RPF was banned in September 2002.)
- fandomination.net - As of July 17, 2007, ★NSYNC had 330 fics. Good Charlotte was the largest subcategory under Musicians, with 4529 fics.
- NSYNC fanworks on AO3, 1236 posted as of 2017.
- NSYNC podfics at the Audiofic Archive (20 as of 2017)
- Popslash Recommendations by Lettergirls
- NSYNC FAN FIC