|See also:||rarepair, unconventional ship, crossover pairing, crack|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
A crack ship is a ship that is highly ridiculous, bizarre, disturbing, and/or unlikely to ever become canon. The characters don't have any chemistry, never interact, are in different canons or timelines, are different species, one is an inanimate object, etc. Fans can and do sincerely ship a crack ship, but generally they don't take its chances too seriously and may like it precisely for its implausibility. On the other hand, one fan's crack ship can be another's OTP. Often a fan will create a one-off fanwork for a crack ship as a joke.
- Mike Carden/Kevin Jonas
- Barack Obama/Harry Styles
- Taylor Hanson/Eminem
- Taylor Hanson/Tommy Joe Ratliff
- Zac Hanson/Harry Styles
- anyone/Hogwarts Giant Squid
- Todoroki Shoto (Boku No Hero Academia)/Light Yagami (Death Note)
- The AO3 story Our Tell-Tale Bones Slashes World Wrestling Entertainment's The Undertaker with an adult Harry Potter.
- Dwayne Johnson's top pairing on AO3 is with Logan Howlett.
- Ford Pines/Angel Dust (Hazbin Hotel)
- Saitama/Red Nose (One Punch Man)