|Name:||Alexander Hamilton, A.Ham|
|Occupation:||aide de camp to General George Washington; Secretery of the Treasury|
|Location:||born on Nevis, raised on St Croix, adult life in New York City or wherever General Washington was|
|Relationships:||Eliza Schuyler (wife); Philip Hamilton (son)|
|Other:||played by actor Lin Manuel Miranda in the original Broadway cast|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Alexander Hamilton was a founding father of the United States and is the titular character in Hamilton: An American Musical.
He fought in the Revolutionary war with John Laurens, Hercules Mulligan, Marquis de Lafayette, and Aaron Burr. He served under George Washington and in the government. He worked with and was politically opposed to Thomas Jefferson and James Madison. He had an affair with Maria Reynolds. His sisters in law were Angelica Schuyler and Peggy Schuyler. He was killed in a duel with Aaron Burr.
Common Tropes, Fanon & Themes
- Bisexuality: In fanworks Hamilton is almost always bisexual. Fans point to letters he wrote to John Laurens as proof that they had a relationship in real life.
- Infidelity: Based on Hamilton's cheating on his wife, Eliza, with Maria Reynolds, Hamilton being unfaithful is a common theme in fanfiction.
- Alexander Hamilton/Eliza Schuyler
- Alexander Hamilton/John Laurens
- Alexander Hamilton/Angelica Schuyler
- Alexander Hamilton/Maria Reynolds
- Alexander Hamilton/John Laurens/Eliza Schuyler
Archives & Fannish Links
- Alexander Hamilton tag on AO3
- Alexander Hamilton on Hamilton Wikia
- Alexander Hamilton on Wikipedia for inspiration
- Alexander Hamilton correspondence in the U.S.A. National Archives for inspiration
- Letters from Alexander Hamilton to John Laurens at the Founders Online web site of the U.S.A. National Archives, founders.archives.gov. (Accessed 5 June 2019.)