Rise of the Guardians
|Name:||Rise of the Guardians|
|Date(s):||November 21, 2012|
|Country of Origin:||United States|
|External Links:||Rise of the Guardians at Wikipedia|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The most popular ships pair protagonist Jack Frost (voiced by Chris Pine) with either antagonist Pitch Black (voiced by Jude Law) or fellow Guardian E. Aster Bunnymund (voiced by Hugh Jackman). These pairings are often known as BlackIce and JackRabbit, respectively.
Some also ship him with the human character, Jamie Bennett. Their ship name is known as Benefrost.
The Big Four
In Rise of the Guardians canon, the "Big Four" refers to Guardians Nicholas St. North (Santa Claus), E. Aster Bunnymund (the Easter Bunny), Tooth (the Tooth Fairy), and Sandy (the Sandman).
Fandom has developed its own crossover Big Four: Jack Frost (from RotG), Rapunzel (from Tangled), Merida (from Brave), and Hiccup (from How to Train Your Dragon). See The Big Four for more fandom information.
- The Heavy Weight of Duty by adelaide_rain (Jack/Pitch) Jack is the youngest prince of the moon kingdom, and it's a good life. All the important roles are filled by his older brothers and sister so he spends his days having fun with his friends. And then one day his father tells him that it is time to do his duty as a prince. A peace treaty has been drawn up with the land of shadows, and Jack is to be an integral part of that. He is to be given to the Nightmare King as a courtesan.
- A Home For Fear by miraeyeteeth (Jack/Pitch) Pitch languishes after his defeat until Jack Frost comes to find him. An exploration of Pitch's place in the world, along with a series of zany antics.
- Bits and Pieces by Asidian. Gen. Written for the RotG kink meme. The prompt was for the Guardians to find out Jack hasn’t had enough food to get by and be properly horrified, with bonuses for things like him eating burnt/dropped food before the reveal and having it misinterpreted.
- Mourning Breaks by DJFero. Gen. A year after rising from the frozen pond, Jack Frost worries about a girl from the nearby town who just won't enjoy the winter fun and games with the other kids. He's determined to get her into the spirit of the season, to help her forget. They say she lost her brother last year.
Archives and Communities
- Rise of the Guardians Confessions on Tumblr
- Dirty Rise of the Guardians Confessions on Tumblr
- F*Yeah ROTG Ships on Tumblr