|Date(s):||2010, 2012 |
March 24, 2017 (animated series)
|Medium:||animated film, short film, musical, animated TV series|
|Country of Origin:||United States|
|External Links:||Wikipedia page, Tangled(2010) IMDB|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Tangled is a 2010 animated film produced by Disney based on Brothers Grimm's Rapunzel. It stars Mandy Moore as Rapunzel and Zachary Levi as Flynn Rider. It inspired a sequel as a short film in 2012 and an animated TV series set to be premiere on March 24 and be set between the film and the short film.
The magically long-haired Rapunzel has spent her entire life in a tower, but now that a runaway thief has stumbled upon her, she is about to discover the world for the first time, and who she really is.
A popular crossover known as The Big Four, which crossovers Rapunzel (from Tangled), Jack Frost (from Rise of the Guardians), Merida (from Brave), and Hiccup (from How to Train Your Dragon) together. See The Big Four for more fandom information.
- What You Don't Know by Airplane, It's become very clear to Eugene that Rapunzel has little to no understanding of amorous affection. (Rapunzel/Flynn)
- A Princess And A Guy Like Me by Yahtzee, “Rapunzel has never had choices before. I want her to have choices now.” I nodded. “Absolutely.” He meant, at least in part, choices of guys to marry who were not impoverished orphans/recently reformed thieves. (Rapunzel/Flynn)
- Painting in Flying Colors by chasingcarsanddreams, Rapunzel and Hiccup learn new things.
- The Forgotten Library by AliceMo Rapunzel is getting adjusted to her new life in the castle and decides to go exploring. She is not expecting to find a library and is even more surprised by what it contains.
- A Kiss for Corona by alicexz
- Tangled by yy6242
- Tangled Color by wandolina
- Tangled by SabriHasankolli
- Tangled by fukamastu
- by Phatpuppyart-Studios
- Tangled by Julichka89
- Tangked by narilys
- Tangled - Camp by ArbitraryJane
- Tangled close-up by Alicechan
- Tangled Ever After -The Wedding by ChristyTortland
- And at Last... by alicexz
Archives and Fannish Links
Fan Culture and Remix
In the Comments to the NTIA Green Paper submitted by the OTW Balun S. describes how Tangled fandom helped her with her depression and how she in turn could help other people:
I was in the dark place were staying alive was no longer a priority and death would have been a release, a kindness. However, we received gifts cards for dinner and a movie. We saw Disney’s Tangled. It was fun, but they skipped over some obvious things to get to the happily ever after in a reasonable amount of time. It bothered me, and there was no way Disney would ever do that part of the story, so I did. ... I posted to FanFiction.net and people liked what I wrote. For the first time in years I received validation that I was a worthwhile human being! Something a job had never given me. Life was worth living again! Through my fanfiction, I worked through my emotional pain. Then I found that others shared that pain. People would read and re-read my stories to help them out of depression and suicidal thoughts. We would communicate and I helped lead them through their own dark places. I have had several people tell me that they are alive now and wanting to stay alive because of my stories and our interactions, all because we are able to connect through the shared love of a movie.
- http://www.ntia.doc.gov/files/ntia/organization_for_transformative_works_comments.pdf, page 25. (Accessed 20 November 2013)