|Name:||Zachary Walker Hanson|
|Also Known As:||Zac, Animal|
|Occupation:||Singer, drummer, pianist, guitarist songwriter (Hanson)|
|Official Website(s):|| Official site|
|On Fanlore:||Related pages|
In 2006, he married Kathryn Tucker, his girlfriend of around five years. The two have four children -- John Ira Shepherd (2008), Junia Rosa Ruth (2010), George Abraham Walker (2013) and Mary Lucille Diana (2016).
Fanon Themes and Tropes
And as for young Zachary? The boy has grown up before our very eyes, from a child to a young man who occasionally wears jeans tight enough to give us shivers. Built like a cuddly brick wall, his jonny would be a perfect in every way a girl could ask for in a memorable moment. Dare I say, a mouthful to melt in your hands?
In the early years, Zac was most likely to feature in stories only as comic relief, as he was a little too young for most romantic plots. In recent years, as his popularity has grown, he has become the primary romantic interest in many stories.
Other common tropes:
- insanely hyper and ADD
- his crazy fashion sense is mentioned often (yellow Docs, orange pants, etc)
- naive and/or religious
- only in the story as comic relief
- depressed and unhappy to be in the band
- think he’s fat/ugly
Semi-popular, mostly because both are drummers.
Popularized by Devil Angel.
Carrick Moore Gerety
A fellow musician who Hanson have toured, recorded and written with. Most fic for this pairing (aside from stories where it only appears in the background) is written by a handful of authors, and the most popular one to feature it is Truth Is a Whisper (Hanson story) by Bethany and Amber.
Abbreviated as Zatalie, this pairing features Zac and Taylor's wife. Popular amongst Hanson roleplayers, a few popular fics featuring this pairing have been written in recent years, including Bizarre Love Triangle by Calla and Diamond, Nine Crimes by Elizabeth and Troubled Hearted Kind by Bethany. It also appears in Mistakes We Knew We Were Making by Calla, although the story is much more about Zac/Taylor.
Abbreviated as Zike. A small, rarely used LiveJournal community for this pairing, zacnike, exists. Because of their age difference, especially in the early years, this pairing is less popular.
"Seventh Stranger" by outlawserenade
Zac in a kilt by Lily Fox
Zac in the spotlight by Lauren "Trenta" Holm
"The Awesome One" by Carolyn
- I Am by Lis, a fic dealing with Zac's uneasiness with fame and adolescence.
- If They Knew by Shelby, an example of the trend of Zac stealing Taylor's girlfriends.
- Lived by Amanda Dupuis, an early fic written after the Zac of the story has died.
- Living Up The Ghost by Nichole, in which Zac suffers from depression and self injures.
- Sweetest Downfall Series by Bethany, in which Zac and his wife struggle with their young marriage.
Websites and Communities
- Fuck Yeah Zachary Hanson at Tumblr
- Generation Zac
- The Official Zac Hanson Fan Club Yahoo Group
- One or Two Things I Know About Him
- Thanks Zac at LiveJournal
- Underneath Zac Hanson at Tumblr
- Zac Daily at LiveJournal
- Zac Hanson 90210 Yahoo Group
- Zac Hanson Fans at LiveJournal
- Zacky Farms, a humorous website
- Zac's Million Dollar Smile at Tumblr
- Zac Each Day, a Yahoo! Group (2002-2008)