|Name:||Jordan Taylor Hanson|
|Also Known As:||Taylor, Tay|
|Occupation:||Singer, pianist, guitarist, drummer, songwriter (Hanson and Tinted Windows)|
Tinted Windows discography
|Official Website(s):|| Official site|
|On Fanlore:||Related pages|
Taylor also performs in the supergroup Tinted Windows, with Adam Schlesinger, James Iha and Bun E. Carlos.
In 2002, he married Natalie Bryant, his girlfriend of two years. The two have seven children -- Jordan Ezra (2002), Penelope Anne (2005), River Samuel (2006), Viggo Moriah (2008) and Wilhelmina Jane (2012) Claude Indiana Emmanuel (2018) and Maybellene Alma Joy (2020).
Fanon Themes and Tropes
Taylor Hanson is in the wrong profession. He should be a model. A supermodel. The top-secret weapon in the government's anti-terrorism strategies. The face of universal beauty and truth. The most notorious, revered and respected member of the most exclusive, exotic boy harem in the world. OK. We like that one. Taylor Hanson wearing nothing but a loincloth and patchouli, sleeping on fine silk pillows and feather mattresses under your striped tent in the middle of the Sahara feeding you strawberries when you beckon. (You buy him a palm frond for his birthday so he can fan you!) Oh yes. We do like that one.
Friendly reminder that Taylor Hanson referred to himself as a “flaming masochistic narcissist” during his Hansonday lecture. 99% sure he meant “raging”, not “flaming”. Favorite part about it is you could SEE the look in his eyes as soon as the first word left his mouth. You could SEE him thinking to himself… oh crap.
Taylor is the most common star in hanfic, as he has long been considered the heartthrob of the band. He is also the most likely to be portrayed as gay, a fact that was mentioned to Zac in a 2007 interview with The Advocate, to which Zac had the following to say:
“That’s one end of the spectrum, and the other end is people sending you death threats. I would go with fan fiction any day. And Taylor has that thing about him-and hopefully, he’ll forgive me for saying this in an interview-he’s just a good-looking pretty boy.”
Other common tropes:
- the screwed up heartthrob
- overly emotional and/or serious diva
- gets mistaken for a girl
- red jellybean obsession
- very “fashionable” or mocked for how he dresses
- his sexuality is often joked about, often actually is gay
- the dumb blonde
- arrogant and self-centered
- very reluctant to get married at nineteen
- has an eating disorder
- mostly likely to be “tortured” by the author
Although the two were rumored to have dated and Michelle's Hotel Paper album is supposedly about Taylor, little fic exists that features this pairing as more than just a background/past pairing. The series of oneshots titled On Hotel Paper by Sarah Irene feature the most detailed portrayal of this rumored relationship.
Although few fics exist for this pairing, aside from those by Ahestele, she succeed in making this a very popular pairing.
Similar to the above, rumors of Taylor having a secret relationship with Alex have persisted for years. The relationship between these two plays an important role in the Avenues Series by Diamond, Guilt by Abby and SNAFUBAR by Ali.
Abbreviated as Naylor, the pairing of Taylor and his real life wife. Because of the shotgun nature of their wedding, this pairing provides more fodder for fic than most other canon pairings. Some popular fics to focus on the early years of their marriage are Road To Eden by Ashley and Love, Save The Empty by Elle.
Cherrybomb by Lily Fox
Portrait by gitchoo
"unrefined" by Toona
Taylor with harmonica by Monica Geist
"Dark Tay" by Jill Andersen
- Taylor Hanson bookmark drawn by Mi Do
- Cosplay fun, Taylor as Tamaki Suoh from Ouran High School Host Club by Bet Stefenaski
- Effigy 4: Therapy Dog comic by Lily Fox
- Catapult by Ella, in which Taylor's spirit visits an old friend while his body lies in a coma.
- Holding Onto Nothing by Allison Way, in which Taylor discovers a secret about his parentage.
- The Quiet One by Krystal, named for an early quote about Taylor's personality and in which he is kidnapped and has his vocal cords removed.
- SNAFUBAR by Ali, which pairs Taylor with Tommy Joe Ratliff.
- Walls/Roads by Sheryl and Karen, early fics dealing with sexual abuse and drug abuse.
- Taylor Hanson History Lesson (for non-Hanson fan SNAFU readers) by Ali (2012)
- Up For Review: Taylor Hanson by Ivey and London (2009)
Websites and Communities
- Always Taylor Hanson Yahoo Group
- Angry Angel
- Blame Taylor at LiveJournal
- Confessions of a Taylor Hanson Junkie, via Wayback June 11, 2003
- Perfection: Taylor Hanson, via Wayback Feb 2, 2001
- Taylor Hanson Daily (taylor_daily) at LiveJournal
- Taylor Hanson Fan at LiveJournal
- Taylor Hanson: The Angel of Pop, via Wayback Feb 2, 1999
- TaylorHanson.org, via Wayback June 6, 2006
- TaylorHanson.org, LiveJournal community for the now defunct website of the same name
- Taylor Hanson Club Yahoo Group
- Taylor Hanson Lovers Anonymous Yahoo Group
- Taylor Heaven/Taylor Hell, via Wayback January 20, 2002
- taylorland at LiveJournal