Bisexuality and Fandom
|Trope · Genre|
|See Also:||Mspec Fandom, Queer Fandom|
|Tropes · Slash Tropes · Tropes by Fandom|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
- There is some debate in the Legend of Korra fandom over whether Korra and Asami are bisexual or lesbian. Given that both have been in relationships with Mako, general opinion likely leans more towards the former.
- Jacob Frye in Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - After much fan discourse over Jacob's interactions with Maxwell Roth, the official Assassin's Creed Tumblr account posted that "Jacob Frye is bisexual. This is canon. The end." Many fans ship Jacob with Maxwell, who was confirmed as canonically gay.
- Kassandra and Alexios in Assassin's Creed: Odyssey are functionally bisexual, being able to romance/sleep with men and women. However the developers have not stated a canon sexuality for them, as the game design emphasizes player choice.
- Billie Lurk in Dishonored - In Dishonored 2, the player can find an audiograph recorded by Billie which states "I've loved a number of women and even a couple of men".
History of the Genre
Discourse and Meta
- Bisexuality and Fanfic
- Mulder's Bisexuality: An Interpretation of His Band of Gold (May 1998) by Sonya Schryer - The X-Files
- One of the funniest things about harry potter is how jkr accidentally made harry incredibly bisexual. (2016 or before) by transpoe - Harry Potter
Biphobia in Fandom
- Any other bi people who are into fandoms and shipping sick of bi erasure?
Harry Potter with the bi pride flag, fanart by Siggi (2017)
Communities & Resources
- "The Bisexuality Report: Bisexual inclusion in LGBT equality and diversity" (PDF). Centre for Citizenship, Identity and Governance, The Open University. 2012. Retrieved 8 January 2020.
Bisexuality generally refers to having attraction to more than one gender.
- Flanders, Corey E. (March 15, 2017). "Under the Bisexual Umbrella: Diversity of Identity and Experience". Journal of Bisexuality. Retrieved 8 January 2020.
Bisexuality as a single identity encompasses so many different meanings and attractions and behaviors for people who explicitly identify as bisexual. The general identity definition most commonly used, attraction to more than one gender, then leaves room for the multitudinous expressions of that identity.
- "What is Bisexuality?". Full Read. Retrieved 8 January 2020.
Bisexuality is a dynamic spectrum that includes all sexuality that isn't limited to one sex.
- u/yokartikdahaneler (22 July 2017). "On Korra's (and Asami's) sexual orientation". r/korrasami. Retrieved 5 January 2021.
- Wright, Steve (14 June 2018). "Assassin's Creed Odyssey gay, lesbian, straight, bisexual, asexual relationships are possible". Stevivor. Retrieved 5 January 2021.