We could use an "Event" template, for conventions and other recurring events. (Fic challenges, award ceremonies, monthly LARPs, whatever). --Elfwreck 22:26, 1 October 2008 (UTC)
Is there a (simple) way to make the type of infobox show up as a header in it? So it says, at the top, "PERSON" or "ARCHIVE" or "FANDOM SOURCE TEXT" or something like that? It's disconcerting to click on a link and have to scan around the page looking for something that indicates if this is a person or the name of a TV show. (This is covered by categories, I know--which are at the bottom of the page, under all the content. A centered heading in the Infobox would make it easy to identify.) --Elfwreck 21:25, 7 October 2008 (UTC)
- Good suggestion! I'll have a play around. --Hope 22:31, 7 October 2008 (UTC)
I don't see "Filk Album" on this list. Can it be added? --Mrs. Potato Head 16:44, 6 October 2012 (UTC)
We now have 101 infoboxes! Can we get some sub-categories for ease of browsing? For example...
- People (Template:FanProfile, Template:PersonProfile, Template:UserProfile, Template:WebsiteAuthor)
- Fanworks in general with the fandom-specific fanfiction infoboxes in a separate subcategory.
- Visual works (Template:Doujinshi, Template:Fanart, Template:FanartPortfolio, Template:Fancomic,Template:ArtZine)
- Video works (Template:AnimeMusicVideo, Template:Vid, Template:VidCollection, Template:VideoEssay)
- Audio works (Template:Album, Template:FilkSong, Template:FilkAlbum, Template:FilkSongbook, Template:Podcast, Template:PodcastEp, Template:Podfic)
- Text works?
- Groups of people (Template:AnimeClub, Template:CollaborationCollective, Template:DoujinshiCircle, Template:FanClub, Template:FKFaction, Template:TranslationGroup, Template:ZinePublisherProfile)
- Fiction (fanfiction, doujinshi, original slash, pro work, etc)
- Nonfiction (meta, surveys, interviews, commentary, etc)
I think everything (or maybe everything except the fandom-specific fanfiction templates?) should be kept in the infoboxes category still, but having subcategories will help people navigate all the options. - Hoopla (talk) 21:45, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
- I actually think it looks fine the way it is now, I can quickly scroll down to find the one I am looking for, it is in alphabetical order and I think the title of the infoboxes are pretty self explanatory. I could see maybe needing subcategories in the future, if the list gets ridiculously large, but I don't think it needs it at the moment, it would just add an extra step to the process. -- Kingstoken (talk) 22:13, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
- An extra step in what process? Getting the infobox you're looking for? I don't think so, if we leave all of them also in Category:Infoboxes. But I think the category is already big enough to be hard to navigate for people who aren't already familiar with the infoboxes. It was pretty hard for me to find what I was looking for when I joined, and we've gotten a handful of new infoboxes since then, and even still I sometimes have a hard time finding the infobox I need because even when the names are self-explanatory they're not always what I expect.- Hoopla (talk) 22:31, 12 February 2019 (UTC)