There was something weird going on with "File:Sarp1.jpg". It *was* showing up in the list of fanzines, as opposed to the list of images. But after you reverted my change, it's showing up in the proper place. I don't know how that happened. Chavey (talk) 20:15, 9 February 2020 (UTC)
- Okay thanks letting me know.
Hello Kingstoken! By adding to your user page, you've completed Day 1 of the IFD 2020 Fanlore Challenge. Here's your badge!
Congrats, Kingstoken! By adding fannish reactions to the pages for The Firefly that Loved Metallica and Bricks, you've successfully completed Day 3 of the IFD Fanlore Challenge! Here's your badge! -- enchantedsleeper (talk) 23:15, 13 February 2020 (UTC)
Nice work, Kingstoken! By adding some examples to Code Names Meme, you've earned the Day 4 badge for the IFD Fanlore Challenge:
And, for adding to the page Supernatural Slash, take this badge for Day 6! Thesometimeswarrior 04:19, 16 February 2020 (UTC)
Woohoo! Seven in a row!
Your edit on FanloreProject:Tumblr_archiving earned you this shiny badge for completing day 7 of the IFD 2020 Fanlore Challenge:
Oh, cool, I didn't know. I thought archiving links was something you were supposed to do preemptively, and that by the time they were lost it was kinda too late. Good to know otherwise. --Azdaema (talk) 19:45, 19 May 2020 (UTC)
Fanlore Bingo 2020!
Congrats on getting a Bingo for your Beginner Bingo card AND one for your Expert Bingo card ALREADY! I should have known it wouldn't take you long ;) Here are your shiny badges!
- Congratulations getting Blackout! on your Beginner Bingo card and earning your third badge! Here it is:
- Keep going to get Total Blackout! You're almost there! \o/ --enchantedsleeper (talk) 22:29, 2 June 2020 (UTC)
Deletion of Page
Hi, sorry but I didn't see the proposed deletion of Category:IT Artists. I actually do object to its deletion. I think it will be helpful for those within the IT fandom to have a solid list of both artist and authors as we have such a large community of creators with ever-changing names, and also deletions of blogs, etc. I'm sorry I didn't get to you sooner. Can I re-create this page? Jacksbrak (talk) 06:05, 2 June 2020 (UTC)
- Hi, I wasn't the one that actually nommed it for deletion, but I did delete it, because there was no objections after 14 days. I think the reasoning was that Fanlore has a policy not to categorize fans by fandom, I wanted to link it here, but of course now that I need it I can't find the specific paragraph. Before you do anything I would suggest you contact one of the Gardeners for clarification, you wouldn't want to go to all the trouble of recreating it only for it to be deleted again -- Kingstoken (talk) 13:31, 2 June 2020 (UTC)
Deleting Image Files
CC and Fair Use
- Only Gardeners and Advanced Editors can rename a page, you can find out how to create a redirect here, Help:Redirects -- Kingstoken (talk) 22:34, 15 June 2020 (UTC)
Deleted Image Logs
Hey there Kingstoken, this may seem like a really random question! But I was going through my watch page and taking off some pages I didn't wanna watch, like images that have since been deleted. I noticed one called "Patchlamb 9OC." The deletion logs make it seem like I asked for the image to be deleted though I don't quite recall. But I can't view the whole statement from its talk page, all I can see is "(content was: "Propose deletion of this image (I don't see a way that I can delete it myself, as the uploader). Image was uploaded to website as example of fan character for..." (and the only contributor was "Patchlamb"))" Since you deleted it, do you know a way I can see the whole thing that I said? I have no memory of why I'd request the art be deleted, especially since I think it was my own art, so I was trying to view what I said to figure out why I'd do that.
- Hi, I went back through through the log it says that you requested that it be deleted, and so I deleted it. This what was on the talk page "Propose deletion of this image (I don't see a way that I can delete it myself, as the uploader). Image was uploaded to website as example of fan character for fandom/page "9" but was quickly replaced by another image with the same character. To avoid showing the same fan character in two images in one fan character gallery, I suggest deletion. Image is not needed and would be redundant." So, it seems like this was a duplicate image.
- Hmmm interesting, thanks for pulling that out for me to see. I was trying to find the logs where I uploaded the art and changed the page for 9 that added and removed it but I guess since the image is deleted those logs are, too, and of course the image wouldn't show in the change logs since it's deleted. I suppose I must have uploaded my own art then replaced it with art of the character from a different artist, though I still don't quite remember requesting the art be deleted. I guess I must have just forgot. Well, thanks for solving that mystery! :) Patchlamb (talk) 16:36, 29 July 2020 (UTC)
Rules on Deleting Pages?
Hi-ya again Kingstoken, you've got the ability to delete pages and I only got that ability pretty recently. I was reading up on some of the rules on the Fanlore:Mark for Deletion page. I found a special page that lists duplicated image files, and was wondering for files that have duplicated do I need to use the mark for deletion template on the talk page of the unused duplicate, or am I allowed to just delete the duplicate? I figured since I know you can delete pages you'd know, and I don't wanna go mess around with deletions wrongly. Thanks! Patchlamb (talk) 23:48, 3 August 2020 (UTC)
- Hi, files or articles in Category:DeletionProposed are there because they have been flagged by the Gardeners. Only Gardeners can use the Fanlore:Mark for Deletion template, and only Gardeners and Advanced Editors can delete files (I'm an Advance Editor). If you want to bring something to the Gardeners' attention you can add the Template:AttentionGardeners notice to an image's talk page and add an explanation to why it needs to be deleted, the Gardeners will flag it, and if there are no objections the file will be deleted. I hope that answers your question
Lately I've gotten in trouble a couple times for not following procedure, so I figured I should check with someone before doing this.
Fanlore allows PDFs as a file type, so it's possible to upload a PDF of a fic and attach it to said fic's page. This seems like a good idea to me, especially for "lost" fics. Would this be alright? Azdaema (talk) 17:28, 6 August 2020 (UTC)
- I got to admit you've got me stumped with this one. I've never seen it done, so I'm really not sure if it's acceptable. I tried looking at Help:Fanworks, but it doesn't really specify, my thought would be no, because Fanlore, in of itself, it is not a fanworks archive. However, I think it best that you probably check with the Gardeners to get clarification before uploading anything.
Stub September 2020
Hey Kingstoken, thanks for all your recent edits to our stub pages! You've earned two shiny new badges for adding content to Jim Hopper, and identifying Alice/Will was incorrectly labelled as a stub. Well done!
- Hi Kingstoken, thank you very much for de-stubifiying Alice Cullen/Jasper Hale by adding content. Here is another shiny new badge for your work: