- Hi! Thanks!! It's been a long time since I've done any wiki editing (I think the last time was when I threw myself into the Welcome to Night Vale fanwiki? So that was a bit different) so it's been a little awkward to get back into the swing of things, but I do so love organization and stuff. - Hoopla (talk) 17:16, 13 July 2018 (UTC)
Hi, Hoopla! Welcome to Fanlore! Thanks so much for making the Recursive Fanfiction page :D I confess, I had no idea that fic of fic had a name :o Now I really want to dive down this rabbit-hole... enchantedsleeper (talk) 08:24, 22 July 2018 (UTC)
- Hi! Thanks!! It's a really great rabbit hole and I love it so much and I'm so glad to be able to share it with new people. - Hoopla (talk) 16:40, 22 July 2018 (UTC)
- Please don't! Even Featured Articles will never be in a perfect state ;3 One thing I love about the FA nominations process is how much it benefits pages that get nominated in terms of the focused editing that takes place - even if they don't ultimately make the cut. --enchantedsleeper (talk) 13:11, 28 July 2018 (UTC)
- It's honestly such edit bait for me I can't resist a long article in need of organization and stuff lmao. - Hoopla (talk) 20:10, 28 July 2018 (UTC)
- I look forward to being continually ensnared XD - Hoopla (talk) 21:46, 28 July 2018 (UTC)
- Gosh, basically everything! I added a character list, some internal links, and a little organization, but there's so much to do still and I'm not an authority on any of it, as much as I love YYH. Ideally I'd love to see it fleshed out to have as many of the sections and subsections as we typically have on a well-developed fandom page — I did an explanation of the typical structure of fandom pages here: User:Hoopla/pagestructure. Unfortunately much of that information is information best provided by someone very familiar with the fandom, so I've been a little stymied in improving the page. I can research and pull quotes, but it's hard to know where to look and there's not enough time in the day for me to read everything and then generalize, you know? Any help would be very appreciated! - Hoopla (talk) 19:26, 1 October 2018 (UTC)
A Thing of Beauty
This page is wonderful! https://fanlore.org/wiki/User:Hoopla/pagestructure
- Oh! I'll put a link to it somewhere. I wasn't really sure anyone would want to find it, honestly, so I didn't think to make a link. I'm so glad it seems useful to you! - Hoopla (talk) 19:19, 1 October 2018 (UTC)
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date. If you need help, check out the new visitor portal, ask me on my talk page, or ask for help on your talk page, and other editors will respond. Again, welcome! MinecraftFan (talk) 11:05, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
- Uh, hi? New talk page entries go at the bottom of the talkpage, though, so I moved yours for organizational purposes. Also because, uh, I think that the welcomes I got 6 months ago were more than proper/warm enough? - Hoopla (talk) 16:59, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
Your questions about my work
In-universe, PPVs (Pay-per-views) are special events that are longer and different from the regular TV shows. I wasn't sure if I could quote reactions my shows received on the Virtual Wrestling board on wrestlingclassics.com, since they were only posted on my site and on that board. The JWL isn't notable in the traditional sense, since it didn't spawn any fics based on it. (A fanfic of a fanfic?) Sometimes shows took a lot of time for me to write, or other aspects of my life got in the way. 80 episodes over some 12 years means on average only 6 episodes per year. It wasn't a virtual season (I didn't even know that term when I started.) I created the page as shameless self-promotion, except that it really didn't generate a reaction. JKFAN (talk) 18:21, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for the reply! It would be better to keep this all on the talk page where it started, however, so that people looking at that page later can see it — if you reply to me feel free to just copy this over to that page. Fanlore has no notability requirements, so if you care enough to make a page on a thing we're all happy to have it, and reactions from your site or the Virtual Wrestling board would be totally legit!
- Also the term for fanfic of a fanfic is recursive fanfiction! - Hoopla (talk) 18:31, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
Congrats, Hoopla! By adding to your user page, you've completed Day 1 of the IFD 2019 Fanlore Challenge. Here's your badge!
To find out how to display it on your user page, check out these instructions: How can I display my badges on Fanlore?
Hoopla, you added an example to the Slavefic page, completing Day 2 of the IFD 2019 Fanlore Challenge! Here's your badge! Come back and complete Day 3 editing challenge tomorrow! Somefangirl (talk) 04:51, 13 February 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks! I hope you don't mind, I fixed the internal link - Hoopla (talk) 03:24, 16 February 2019 (UTC)
- /o\ I don't mind at all!
Hey, Hoopla! Here's your badge for today's challenge:
- \o/ Thanks! I had lots of fun.