- Thank You :). Since you're a gardener, can I ask you favour? I made some stupid spelling mistakes. Could you please move the page List of offical X-Files convention and panels to List of official X-Files conventions and panels and Fencesitter to Fence-sitter ? WhatAreFrogs? (talk) 08:12, 25 August 2017 (UTC)
- ThanX (see what I did there?) ;-) There is still a lot work to do in the existing articles, though but some of the second and third way stuff from the Philedom is missing I try to add in the near future. WhatAreFrogs? (talk) 11:01, 16 November 2017 (UTC)
- I have. I even applied as a gardener some week back....WhatAreFrogs? (talk) 14:16, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
Perhaps you have some insight? I'm reading a 2001 academic article about The X-Files. It makes this statement:
"....online fans of the television show, which began its eight-season run in 1993, have designed hundreds of thousands of Web pages devoted to the series. -- A search for the text "x-file" using Yahoo! on April 24, 2001, brought up 10 categories and 441 sites. By comparison, a search on "star wars" brought 24 categories and 737 sites, and "star trek" gave 50 categories and 954 sites. More recent sci-fi hit Buffy the Vampire Slayer had 2 categories and 197 sites."
- Hmm. I think the numbers of category and pages refers only to the pages that were submitted the (English language) Yahoo index (before crawlbots were a thing and people/search engines used directories), but not every fanpage out there was submitted to/or accpeted by a a search engine directory. The number sounds as could be from the late 90s and maybe only referring to Websites in English/name of the show, by 2001 still the height of the shows popularity, I would expect that were way more than 441 pages on the whole internet about the show. WhatAreFrogs? (talk) 13:21, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
- I think it means that there were a lot of actual websites, more than the 441 on the Yahoo listing and someone was too lazy to count the actual number (which may have been closer to thousand of actual pages for all languages). :) WhatAreFrogs? (talk) 17:42, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
- Odd. I had the feeling that was already a page for that but couldn't find it via the search nor via google. Anyhoo, I salvaged the "Similar sites" edit from you from the duplicate page and added it to the DDTeens one. WhatAreFrogs? (talk) 15:22, 22 March 2018 (UTC)