|Name(s):||BTS, Bangtan Boys, Bulletproof Boy Scouts, Beyond The Scene, Bangtan Sonyeondan|
|See also:||EXO, GOT7, MonstaX, Seventeen, SHINee, K-Drama|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
BTS debuted on June 13, 2013, and within the year received several "New Artist of the Year" awards for their album "2 Cool 4 Skool", and also later received major bonsang awards (for notable musical achievements) for their following albums "Dark & Wild" and "The Most Beautiful Moment In Life, Part 1". BTS rose to popularity with their The Most Beautiful Moment In Life trilogy, including "The Most Beautiful Moment In Life, Part 2" and "The Most Beautiful Moment In Life: Young Forever", which won them the prized daesang ("Album of the Year") award for 2016. BTS' second full album "Wings" broke records; becoming the highest charted K-Pop album ever on the US Billboard 200. Including their next album "You Never Walk Alone", BTS is estimated to have sold over 4 million albums worldwide. BTS ranked #5 in Forbes magazine's Korea Power Celebrity list in February 2017, and in June, Time magazine named the band one of the 25 Most Influential People On The Internet. BTS went on the become the first ever K-Pop group to attend and win an award at the Billboard Music Awards in 2017 (Top Social Artist). In September of 2017, BTS's mini-album "Love Yourself:Her" debuted at number 7 on the Billboard Top 200 album chart, which ranks the weekly most popular albums in the U.S. The group broke their own record from the previous album, "Wings", in becoming K-Pop's highest-charting album ever on the Billboard 200, as well as the genre's biggest sales week. Notably, "Wings" and "Love Yourself: Her" are the only K-Pop albums that have ever charted in the Billboard top 40.
BTS fans are known as 'ARMY'. BTS was commended for setting the trend of using social media to connect to their fanbase, commonly posting updates and live streams on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, and VLIVE. BTS commonly posts short videos of the members behind the scenes at shows and rehearsals on Youtube, known as Bangtan Bombs. BTS is well-liked by their fans for their mischievous personalities, and for the close bond that they share not only with their fans but with each other as well.
BTS is made up of 7 members.
- Jin was born Kim Seok-jin (Korean: 김석진) on December 4, 1992 in Gwacheon, South Korea.
Jin is a vocalist in the group, as well as the oldest member among the 7.
- Because of his caring nature towards the younger members, (as well as his infamous cooking skills), he is often recognized by Army as the group's unofficial mother. Jin is often teased for his strange eating habits- namely just how much he eats. He sometimes hosts his own show on Bangtan Bombs and on VLIVE, known as Eat Jin.
- Despite being the oldest member, his personality is often silly and immature, and he is been loved (and hated) for his cringey dad-jokes. Suga in particular, has little tolerance for Jin's lame jokes and puns. Jin is also adored by Army for his dancing skills- or lack there of. In addition to all of these traits, Jin is also seen as being the most handsome member of the group, and has developed cheesy narcissistic tendencies as a result. He is often seen blowing hand kisses to Army.
- The most popular ship with Jin is with Rap Monster (Namjin), due to their parental roles withing the group.
- Suga was born Min Yoon-gi (Korean: 민윤기) on March 9, 1993 in Daegu, South Korea.
Suga is a rapper in the group, and is well known for his role in producing and writing lyrics for BTS official and unofficial songs.
- Suga is seen as the grandfather of the group, because of his dry humor and lethargic tendencies. He is very focused and critical, particularly when it comes to music. Aside from his passions for music, Suga is laid-back and is known for his love for sleeping. Although he is often cold and sarcastic, Army also adores him for his cute side.
- Suga's other rapper name outside of BTS is Agust D, which is 'Suga' backwards with a 'D' for Daegu, Suga's hometown. Agust D's mixtape was released August of 2016, and was entirely produced by Suga himself. The mixtape explores many socially conscious themes, including Suga's past experience with depression, suicidal thoughts, and social phobia- all of which are tabboo subjects for idols in South Korea.
- J-Hope was born Jung Ho-seok (Korean: 정호석) on February 18, 1994 in Gwangju, South Korea.
J-Hope is a rapper in the group, as well as the member in charge of the dance-line.
- He is a very accomplished dancer, and once was even a member of an underground dance crew, but he is also loved by Army for his sunny personality. J-Hope is smiley but sensitive, and the rest of the members often refer to him as the mood-maker of the group. He also has a unique position of being close with both the maknae-line and the hyung-line, since he can be both playful and calm.
- Rap Monster was born Kim Nam-joon (Korean: 김남준) on September 12, 1994 in Ilsan, South Korea.
Rap Monster is a rapper in the group, as well as the group's official leader. He is also known for his role in producing and writing lyrics for BTS songs.
- Rap Monster is extremely intelligent, if a little caught up in his own head at times. He is fluent in English, and boasts an impressive academic record and and even more impressive IQ. Despite his scholastic accomplishes, he is also extremely clumsy (which means that his dancing is also clumsy by default), and is prone to breaking things- particularly other people's belongings. Rap Monster is teased by the rest of the group for being most likely to misplace his own belongings (and once he actually did lose his passport while abroad filming BTS Bon Voyage Season 1), and is also extremely accident prone (as proven by his long list of previous accidents and injuries).
- Rap Monster is seen as the unofficial father of the group. He looks out for and advises the younger members, as well as provides support to the older members.
- The most popular pairing with Rap Monster is Namjin.
- Jimin was born Park Ji-min (Korean: 박지민) on October 13, 1995 in Busan, South Korea.
Jimin is a vocalist in the group, and is part of the dance-line and the maknae-line (3 youngest members).
- Jimin is well-known for his caring and considerate nature, and is adored by Army and the members of BTS alike. Jimin is rather demure and gentle, and he is often teased for being the smallest of the group, (though in reality he is a relatively average height and is only 1 centimeter shorter than fellow member Suga).
- Before joining BTS, Jimin was an accomplished dancer at a dance academy, and was well-versed in both hip-hop and contemporary dance styles. Since 2016, Jimin has performed more and more contemporary-style stages, in various music award shows and dance festivals.
- V was born Kim Tae-hyung (Korean: 김태형) on December 30, 1995 in Daegu, South Korea.
V is a vocalist in the group, and is also a member of the maknae-line.
- V is quirky and sociable, if a little dense at times. He is known as the social butterfly of the group, being able to befriend just about anyone in no time. V is loud and playful, (and sometimes childish), but Army adores him for his bright personality and off-beat tendencies. Despite not being the youngest member of the group, the other members are often looking after V (particularly Rap Monster, Suga, and Jimin).
- In the summer of 2016, V also appeared as a supporting character in the K-Drama Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth.
- Jungkook was born Jeon Jeong-guk (Korean: 전정국) on September 1, 1997 in Busan, South Korea.
Jungkook is the maknae (youngest member, also a part of the maknae-line) of the group, and is a vocalist who is also in the dance-line, who also occasionally raps.
- Because of his natural talents and competitive nature, he is often referred to as the Golden Maknae. Jungkook is teased for being the manly-man of the group; excelling at sports and being the toughest of the 7. Around strangers he is often shy and quiet, but when just with the members of BTS, Jungkook is often lively and playful (though he often doesn't listen to his hyungs- most notably Jin). Jungkook has a deep admiration for Rap Monster and Suga, for their impressive experience in creating music.
- BTS works at AO3
- BTS works at Wattpad
- BTS works at Asianfanfics
- bangtanboys at LiveJournal - fanworks community
- Min Yoongi | Suga/Park Jimin (Yoonmin)
- Jeon Jungkook/Kim Taehyung | V (VKook)
- Kim Namjoon | Rap Monster/Kim Seokjin | Jin (Namjin)
- Jeon Jungkook/Park Jimin (Jikook)
- Jung Hoseok | J-Hope/Min Yoongi | Suga (Yoonseok)
- Kim Taehyung | V/Park Jimin (Vmin)
- Jeon Jungkook/Min Yoongi | Suga (Sugakookie)
- Kim Taehyung | V/Min Yoongi | Suga (Taegi)
- Kim Seokjin | Jin/Min Yoongi | Suga (Yoonjin)
- Jung Hoseok | J-Hope/Kim Taehyung | V (VHope)
- Park Jimin/Kim Taehyung | V/ Jeon Jungkook (Vkookmin)
- Everyone/Everyone (OT7)
- Stop My Heart- "What does it feel like?" "What?" "Knowing you fixed the heart of the man who broke yours?" (wowoashley)
- I Bloomed For You...- Jungkook just barely registered the warm soft skin of Taehyung’s palm, before his whole world changed. His skin prickled almost painfully, and it felt like somebody had sent a great wave of electricity crackling through him. The world went black for barely a second as a strange weight settled in his chest, and then the world came rushing back like a flood. He looked up with wide eyes at Taehyung - no, at his soulmate - and expected to be met with the same surprised eyes as his own, but Taehyung just looked at him with a carefree smile. “See you soon, Jungkookie,” he grinned teasingly before releasing Jungkook’s hand and turning around to leave. Jungkook stood there for several minutes, just staring at the spot where Taehyung had disappeared, with only one thought in his head. Why had his soulmate just left him? (Meanie_Beanie_nim)
- If I Let Go Of Your Hand...- Jungkook is not going to stop searching for answers until he knows that Taehyung can be safe in his arms; alive, breathing, smiling, and the both of them can finally do what they’ve never been able to do before: Live. (taehansik)
- Feel Me- Taehyung never asked for this. This gift that was more like a curse that damned him to a life of confusion, never knowing if what he felt were his own emotions or somebody else's. He never asked to become an Empath, to be be Bestowed. Now all the emotions in and around him were taking over his life and driving him to the point of insanity. (SevenSoulmates)
- Lupi- This is one summer break that Taehyung will never forget. From dealing with a moody mare that likes to think she’s a stroppy teenager rather than a horse, to dealing with childhood memories that threaten to choke him, Taehyung will soon find out that when you take a trip down memory lane, some things are more than just memories. (kpopismydrug)
- Bang Bang, You Shot Me Down- Taehyung is desperate for vengeance and has a lover more than willing to kill alongside him. “Revenge, Jeongguk, is a dish best served cold. Fuck that.” Taehyung grinned, both hands on Jeongguk's hips. “It’s hot outside and my blood is boiling. Together, baby, we’ll serve it ablaze.” (taehansik)
- HURTS SO GOOD- Taehyung and Jimin been best friends for as long as they can remember. If only they stuck to doing things that best friends were supposed to do, then maybe Jimin wouldn't be feeling this way. They're friends who have the occasional make out session and every once in a while have sex simply cause they both aren't in a relationship. Who needs one when you have your best friend? It was really just a way to pass time. No feelings or anything. It starts to become a normal routine for Jimin and Taehyung and they still manage to remain just friends. But what happens when one of them starts a relationship and it might be serious this time? Jimin is starting to find it impossible to let it all end so suddenly. But what is he supposed to do? His best friend has a boyfriend now. Everything should be fine if Jimin just ends it once and for all, but he can't bring himself to do it. At least not now...and it's all because of one simple thing...he's in love with Kim Taehyung. (tinyheartii)
- Caught in a Lie- Taehyung's best friend Jiminie went missing when he was twelve years old. Six years later Taehyung is working in New York's most prestigious strip club, LIE, when he meets the owner of the club and his boss, a mob syndicate heir who looks eerily like the best friend he had thought was dead. (KittenSmitten) (mysoulrunswithwolves)
- Everything Gone Wrong- The first thing that went wrong in Yoongi's life was when his parents signed him up as a volunteer for the new governmental genetic experiment. Then he woke up as a sort of human-wolf hybrid. And got stuck with six idiots under the same roof. All of them are eager to find out their ranks, and Yoongi specially wants to Alpha them all. He should have known that nothing would go as he desired. (Alexxy)
- sakimashita no nai hana- When Taehyung returns to the BTS dorm after his impromptu trip to home post-Inkigayo win, Yoongi thinks he has changed. Taehyung no longer seems to be in love with him. (creativefuckerzspring)
- Just Skin- Yoongi is small and angry and 200% done with having feelings; Taehyung is Taehyung; Hoseok harasses Yoongi with petnames and Jimin ships Yoonseok. That's basically it. (syubology)
- Alternate- Jimin has nothing. His family is gone, he has no friends and to top it off he has to move across the country and start at a new school. He lives in a state of depression but when he goes to sleep, he enters another reality in his dreams where he is a part of a k-pop hip hop group called BTS. There, he is happy, he has his parents, he has friends and he is loved. He believes this world to be a dream, but what he doesn't know is that it is very real. The world in his head is as real as anything else. Jimin starts to slowly come out of his depressive state but every night when he goes to sleep he finds he is more happy than he has ever been in his life, with his new life and his new bandmates. Will he continue to go back and forth or will he have to choose one reality over the other? (SevenSoulmates)
- Kith- On the night of his first proper hunt Yoongi finds his life changed forever at the hands of hunters. Forced to flee his den and cross the border for survival, he doesn't imagine that he will survive the night alone. But when two other neugdaes stumble upon him, Yoongi discovers that he might just make it yet. (BabyLove)
- Beta Tau Sigma- A collection of events occurring within (and without) the walls of the Beta Tau Sigma fraternity house. At Beta Tau Sigma, there are only a few rules: 1) have a declared major in the College of Music; 2) keep your GPA above a 3.4; 3) don't let Taehyung into the liquor cabinet; 4) don't fuck up with Kim Seokjin. The rest is all fine print. (bazooka)
- A pack's price- Kim Seokjin is an omega that was casted out of his pack after bringing home the scent of alpha's belonging to another pack. Wounded and alone, he meets two omegas who eagerly take him back to their den. He quickly realizes the rest of the pack members are all alphas and they take him in generously. But his old pack will not forget his betrayal so easily. With him being a target of both his old pack and a rival pack seeking new omegas, will Namjoon and the rest of the alphas be able to protect them? (Empathetic Shipper)
- Fall In Love? I Don't Think So- “Be glad you have someone who actually goes through all the trouble to ask you out, hyung.” “Who knows,” Jin arched his brow, “Maybe you’ll meet your someone soon.” “Me?” Jimin pointed at himself. “Thanks but no thanks. I’m busy enough as is at the moment. The last thing I need is falling head over heels over someone.” “You never know.” Seokjin smiled, “You just might.” Jimin tilted his head in confusion, “Might what?” “Fall.” In which everyone is either in love, falling in love, or trying not to. (SmileyJen)
- Nu ABO: A Memoir by Park Jimin- The world didn't think it was necessary to give him a guide when it shoved all of these omega hormones at him, so here it is, Park Jimin's handbook on dealing with heats, unrequited love, and Jeon Jungkook. (decompositionbooks)
- House of Cards- Jungkook is the heir to a mob empire, the most notorious in the whole of Seoul. Taehyung is a rookie sent in to infiltrate by his select team and bring the empire crumbling down. "You knew the game and played it, it kills to know that you have been defeated." (sugamins)
- A Game of Kings- “He was an enigma. Untouchable. When you were in his presence all your senses yelled for submission. As if in a presence of a ruler, and in a sense, he was a king in his own mind but it was also as if he were a god. The looks and ego of a Greek god with the fury of a Roman god. All of heaven’s wrath wrapped up sinfully in a human vessel to wreck havoc in the mundane world. Nothing about him was mundane though, he was compelling with every word, whether it was a simple sentence or a speech meant for thousands, he had hell’s fires running through his veins as the fuel of his spirit, and whatever he wanted, he always got no matter the cost. Being with him was always like desperately trying to hold on to a comet, his energy was unmatched, he was everything all at once, charismatic, terrifying, cold, and sensitive. He was everything I aspired to be, hmm, he was the perfect man in the eyes of the world. Everyone knew his name, everyone respected him, and everyone loved him. When he stepped out; everyone’s eyes always stayed on him, glued on him as if he were the main act. It was as if he were humanly unobtainable and, to me, that made him a god in my eyes. You could almost say I was in love.” (ErrorbyJimin)
- Honne and Tatemae- Taehyung has five tallies; one on his neck, two on his wrist, and two above his heart. There are two where there should only be one, one belonging to a boy he meets in his youth and the other to a man he runs into on a sunny day over coffee. (gukkietaes)