|Trope · Genre|
|Synonyms:||Mafia AU, Bad Guys AU, All Criminals AU, |
|Related:||Prison AU, All Human AU, Assassin AU|
|See Also:||Mirror Universe, Psychopaths In Love|
|Tropes · Slash Tropes · Tropes by Fandom|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Crime AU is an Alternate Universe trope where the main characters are criminals. In shipping fics, at least one half of the pairing is a criminalist (a killer, a thief, member of a crime family) and brings the other half of the pairing into the world of crime (sometimes by accident).
A variation on the Crime AU, is a Mobster AU where one or more canon characters is a Mob Boss.
This trope is connected to the Prison AU trope, but in Crime AUs, the characters are rarely incarcerated for the majority of the story.
Fandom specific Crime AUs
- In Arrow Crime AU fics, writers often explore Oliver's Bratva ties where he is a Bratva captain, instead of the vigilante.
- A Matter of Trust by bluesuedeshoes, an Oliver/Felicity fic where Bratva Captain Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak have a marriage of convenience, but the chemistry between them is anything but convenient. (Arrow)
- Cold Hard Cash by meowitskatmofo, a Coldflash fic where Barry Allen is in deep debt to mob boss Leonard Snart. (The Flash)
- House of Cards by sugamins, Jeon Jungkook/Kim Taehyung/Park Jimin threesome Gangsters AU. The most popular work in the Gansters AU tag on AO3.
- Prowl by withfireandblood, a Klaroline All Human AU fanfic, where the Mikaelson family is one of the most powerful crime families in the world.
- Go Ugly Early by just_another_tinker a Stony fic, where mob boss Steve Rogers recruits Tony Stark to investigate a rival mob family. (WIP)