Fanlore:Featured Article Nominations
- 1 Nomination criteria
- 2 Adding a nomination
- 3 Commenting on a nomination
- 4 Past nominations
- 5 Current nominations
Featured Article nomination requirements lists criteria that should be considered when nominating a potential new Featured Article page.
Adding a nomination
To add a nomination, add a subsection with the format below in the 'Current nominations' section of this page. Featured Article Nomination process has additional information.
=== [[Page title]] === Nominated by [[User:Username|]] on DATE. As of this writing, the page has a good intro and no content flags. (Add other comments here)
Commenting on a nomination
Check out the sections below and add your approval, rejection or other comments. If you have reservations about the quality of a nominated article, please explain why. All editors are welcome to fix problems that have been flagged up and say the issue has been resolved. Make sure to bold the main word(s) in your vote: 'yes,' 'no,' 'hesitant yes,' and so on.
Please don't forget to sign your comments ("~~~~" will insert your name and date)):
* '''Yes.''' That looks great! --~~~~ * '''Yes.''' Good one! --~~~~ * '''Hesitant yes.''' Maybe that intro could be fleshed out a bit more? It doesn't really explain much. --~~~~ * '''No.''' This needs more [[PPOV]]. --~~~~
Please do not remove any nominations, or edit content signed by other users. Fanlore staff and gardeners monitor this page and will archive or move nominations to the list of upcoming nominations as needed.
- I know we feature a lot of Star Trek, but I think it has been roughly 6 months since we had a Star Trek related article. Plus, I am kind of surprised this wasn't nommed before, it is the original juggernaut ship -- Kingstoken (talk) 11:05, 6 June 2019 (UTC)
- Almost: I think that this is a good page to feature and it's super fleshed out! I think it needs a little updating, though. For example the "First Time" fanzine is mentioned as still running "in 2011" but the editor has been deceased for awhile and the zine stopped publication in 2017. There are probably other minor things that need to be updated like that, you know? I also think that the links at the bottom to communities, fanworks, and further meta could use more -- there's a Needs Expansion flag on the social media sections, at least, and it feels like there *must* be more than 4 pieces of K/S further reading/meta that we could link to. - Hoopla (talk) 15:13, 6 June 2019 (UTC)
- Not yet: Since it still has a content flag and could use some tweaking as Hoopla mentioned... WhatAreFrogs? (talk) 13:56, 5 August 2019 (UTC)
- I worked on this page a bit, mainly the intro. Hopefully, an improvement. MPH (talk) 15:29, 27 August 2019 (UTC)
Nominated by caes on June 6, 2019. As of this writing, the page has a good intro and no content flags.
- This page has lots of images and I think it's fun that there's a tie-in novel called Master & Apprentice now. – caes (talk) 14:30, 6 June 2019 (UTC)
- Maybe: I think the intro paragraph needs to be filled out a little more. Also there seems to be some discrepancy in the numbers, it says that there were 1100 works imported to A03, but there was 4200 works on the site, did some of the fanworks not get imported? -- Kingstoken (talk) 15:11, 6 June 2019 (UTC)
- Not Yet: I agree with Kingstoken that the intro is too sparse. Over half of it is a list of what webrings the site is/was a part of and while that's definitely information we should document I don't think it's the kind of thing we want in the featured article blurb. The page is also definitely out of date and doesn't cover the move to AO3 or the original contents of the archive very well. I also think we should flesh out the history section using the linked Fan History essay (which is still available via WBM thankfully) rather than just hyperlinking to it. But I do think that this would be an excellent article! - Hoopla (talk) 15:25, 6 June 2019 (UTC)
- Not Yet: I agree with the above. This one could use a bit of more work. WhatAreFrogs? (talk) 13:56, 5 August 2019 (UTC)
- An influential fic in The Hunger Games fandom. I have been working on the article over the last couple of weeks -- Kingstoken (talk) 10:24, 12 September 2019 (UTC)
- Yes: It's a bit shorter that the usual Features articles but it looks decent. WhatAreFrogs? (talk) 20:25, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- Yes MPH (talk) September 17, 2019 (UTC)
- I don't think we have featured anything from the Blake's 7 before -- Kingstoken (talk) 14:49, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- Yes: Glad to see something else then Star Trek nom'd ;-) WhatAreFrogs? (talk) 20:28, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- Yes MPH (talk) September 17, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes: Oh, this is so comprehensive, and definitely a great Featured Article candidate! Everyone loves a good historical fandom wank xD enchantedsleeper (talk) 14:23, September 19, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes: That is very detailed article. WhatAreFrogs? (talk) 20:28, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- Hesitant Yes: There is just something about the intro that I don't like, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is. The rest of the article is well filled out -- Kingstoken (talk) 22:33, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
Nominated by User:WhatAreFrogs? (talk) on September 15, 2019. As of this writing, the page has a good intro and no content flags. Some meta about the challenges of newly-public online communities against the age-old discussions about feedback posted to alt.tv.x-files.creative.
- Hesitant Yes: I think the intro needs a little more work -- Kingstoken (talk) 22:37, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- Yes -- Kingstoken (talk) 22:39, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - always a relevant topic and one that I'm sure will resonate with people. -- enchantedsleeper (talk) 11:02, 21 September 2019 (UTC)
- Yes: Although, it would be nice to have more examples of when and how the term has been used by fans. Plus I think this is the first nom from Merlin fandom which is nice -- Kingstoken (talk) 22:41, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
Nominated by MPH (talk) 19:27, 17 September 2019 (UTC) (talk) on September 17, 2019. As of this writing, the page has a good intro and no content flags. Lots of feels in this "rite of passage" Sherlock fic, and some interesting commentary by the author.
- Yes: Although, it might be nice to have a few of those art pieces displayed in a gallery on the page, but not strictly necessary -- Kingstoken (talk) 14:01, 17 September 2019 (UTC)