Fanlore Featured Articles are articles spotlighted weekly on Fanlore's main page.
Featured Article nomination requirements
For an article to be considered a good Featured Article nomination, it should fit the following criteria:
- The article should be thorough and have a solid amount of information about the topic.
- It should follow Fanlore policies.
- It should have a good first (or first two) paragraphs introducing the topic well. (This beginning is what's used to spotlight the article on the main page.)
- The article shouldn't be flagged with Template:Stub, Template:ExpandArticle, or equivalent notices.
Editors who identify a page that follows the criteria above should add it as a new section in Fanlore:Featured Article Nominations following this format:
=== [[Page title]] === Nominated by [[User:Username|]] on DATE. As of this writing, the page has a good intro and no content flags. (Add other comments here)
Other editors should review each nomination and add comments and votes, along with their signature (use "--~~~~", which will be automatically replaced with the username and date). Everyone should bold the main word(s) in their vote—'yes,' 'no,' 'hesitant yes,' and so on—for easier tallying.
* '''Yes.''' That looks great! --~~~~ * '''Yes.''' Good one! --~~~~ * '''Hesitant yes.''' Maybe that intro could be fleshed out a bit more? It doesn't really explain much. --~~~~ * '''No.''' This needs more [[PPOV]]. --~~~~
Editors are welcome to fix issues identified in nomination comments and report back.
When the nomination reaches four affirmative votes with no serious objections, a link to the nominated page should be added to the nomination archive pages, along with a notice of the outcome:
Fanlore staff and gardeners, who regularly monitor both lists to make sure approved nominations are added to the list, will schedule featured articles (the next section has more information about this).
If within three months of the nomination date a nomination doesn't reach four votes or has serious objections that are not addressed, Fanlore staff and gardeners should archive the nomination with a notice:
::'''Nomination failed due to lack of votes.'''
::'''Nomination failed due to objections.'''
Featured Article scheduling
Fanlore staff and gardeners should edit the Featured Article template for the upcoming month at least once a month, listing the pages to be featured in the following four weeks. For more information on how to edit the Featured Article template, consult Template:Featured Article.