Untitled Goose Game
|Video Game Fandom|
|Name:||'Untitled Goose Game'|
|Reveal date:||October 2017|
|Release date:||September 2019|
|External links:||Official site|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Untitled Goose Game is a 2019 video game by indie developer House House. The player takes on the role of a goose causing chaos in a small English village. The game has been praised by both the gaming press and the general public, citing creativity and charm.
The player can control the goose but has a limited number of actions. The goose can carry or drag things in its beak, flap its wings, or honk. Interacting with various objects in the environment leads to different reactions from the other characters, who will almost always try to stop the goose or chase it away. Each area of the game comes with a checklist of tasks to accomplish, such as making the village inhabitants perform certain actions (e.g. "Get the farmer to put on his sun hat") or orchestrating specific conditions.
Untitled Goose Game went viral upon the release of the first trailer due to its premise. This gave way to the rise of numerous memes on social media. In addition, due its simple but silly premise, many fanwork creators have created crossover fanfiction, fanart and memes. The majority of works on the game's AO3 tag are crossovers[note 1], with crack fics being popular.
The game's tagline, "It's a lovely morning in the village, and you are a horrible goose" spawned many variations within other fandoms, with fans replacing "village" and "goose" with characters and locations from their own canons.
- Untitled Goose Lantern by ithinkwehitametaphor
- it's a lovely morning in the ancient forest and you are a horrible geuse by cielrayze - Crossover with Monster Hunter
- Chaos recognize chaos by jilldrawblog - Crossover with Yakuza
- Ring by eGeeking
- What's a God to a Goose? - Crossover with Hades
- Duck, Duck, Darkworld! - Crossover with Deltarune
- HONK! - Crossover with One Piece
- Everybody (Geese Are Back) by [[klb
- Desktop Goose by samperson - Shimeji style desktop buddy
- hell yeah goose time by luuma-makes-games - Dungeons and Dragons 5E homebrew.
- untitled photo by Ready Create Play - Toy photography
Meta & Further Reading
- The internet has honked out a ton of Untitled Goose Game memes and art by Christopher Livingston on PC Gamer
Communtites & Blogs
Archives & Fannish Links
- Untitled Goose Game (Video Game) tag on Archive of Our Own
- untitledgoosegame tag on Twitter
- untitled goose game tag on Tumblr
- untitledgoosegame tag on Instagram
- ^ As of February 19, 2022, of the 459 works on AO3 tagged with Untitled Goose Game, 355 are tagged with 2 or more fandoms.
- ^ Chris Fox (October 2, 2019). "How a horrible goose topped the gaming chart". BBC News. Archived from the original on 2023-01-28.