|Video Game Fandom|
|Release date:||2012, 2013 and 2014|
|External links:||at Wikipedia|
at MyAnimeList (anthology)
at MyAnimeList (visual novel)
at MyAnimeList (manga)
at MyAnimeList (OVA)
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
DRAMAtical Murder is the stylized form of the Japanese science fiction BL visual novel developed and published by Nitro+chiral also called Dramatical Murder (ドラマティカル マーダー, Doramatikaru Mādā).
Dramatical Murder is set in the near future on the fictional island of Midorijima (碧島), Japan. At some point in the game's recent history, the island was privatized by the powerful Toue Konzern (東江コンツェルン, Tōe Kontserun) and turned into a resort called Platinum Jail (プラチナ・ジェイル, Purachina Jeiru), with the island's original residents being forced to live in the Old Residential District (旧住民区, Kyū-Jūmin-ku). Protagonist Aoba Seragaki lives on the island and works at a store named Junk Shop Mediocrity (平凡, Heibon), hoping to live a simple life. However, after being forcefully dragged into the popular cyber game Rhyme (ライム, Raimu) with its virtual world and its use of Allmates (オールメイト, Ōru Meito), mobile devices that usually appear as if they are the owner's pets, and hearing rumors about disappearances involving Ribsteez (リブスティーズ, Ribusutīzu), turf wars between groups, all semblance of a peaceful life for Aoba ends.
- Seragaki Aoba (瀬良垣 蒼葉) is the primary protagonist of the game. He is 23 years old, and works part-time at a junk shop called Mediocrity, and lives with his grandmother, Tae.
- Ren (蓮) is Aoba's Allmate, who resembles a dark blue Japanese Spitz. He takes a human form in Rhyme. Ren has a mature, patient, and pragmatic demeanor. Despite being an older Allmate model, Aoba considers Ren to be his important partner and cherishes him like family.
- Kōjaku (紅雀) is Aoba's childhood friend, and the leader of a Ribstiez group named Benishigure. He is 27 years old, has many tattoos and scars on his body, and works as a hairdresser. Koujaku is compassionate and strong-willed, and he cares deeply for his loved ones.
- Noizu (ノイズ), real name Wilhelm (ウィルヘルム, Uiruherumu), is an information broker for Rhyme, a skilled hacker, and the founder of his Rhyme group, Ruff Rabbit. He is the youngest main character at 19 years old. Since he was a child, Noiz suffers from CIPA, causing him to accidentally hurt others.
- Minku (ミンク) is the leader of Scratch, a Ribstiez group of former prison inmates. Mink hails from a Native American tribe that grew special herbs that affect a human's body odor to give them a sense of peace.
- Clear (クリア) is an android that previously served under Toue as a prototype for Scrap before being discarded. Clear was saved by a man who was in charge of the disposal, who treated Clear like a son until he died. Clear addresses this man as his grandfather and speaks about him fondly to Aoba.
Archives & Resources
- DRAMAtical Murder (all media types) at Archive of Our Own
- DRAMAtical Murder (visual novel) at Archive of Our Own
- DRAMAtical Murder at FanFiction.Net
- DRAMAtical Murder (crossovers) at FanFiction.Net
- Congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis is a rare autosomal recessive disorder of the nervous system which prevents the feeling of pain or temperature, and prevents a person from sweating. See more information in Wikipedia page