|Video game fandom|
|Release date||May 27, 2014 (WD1)|
November 15, 2016 (WD2)
|Related articles on Fanlore.|
Watch_Dogs is an action-adventure video game series by Ubisoft with hacking and stealth gameplay elements. The first game is set in a fictionalized version of Chicago and stars protagonist Aiden Pearce. The second game is set in a fictionalized San Francisco Bay Area, and the protagonist is Marcus Holloway.
A film adaptation was announced in August 2013, but never came to fruition.
Ubisoft has placed small details in the Watch_Dogs games and in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag that indicate Watch_Dogs and Assassin's Creed take place in the same universe. One fan even pointed out an NPC in a pre-release teaser of WD1 who appears to be AC's Shaun Hastings. In 2013-2014, Ubisoft representatives stated these were jokes/easter eggs, but content in the 2016 game Assassin's Creed: Origins seemed to confirm this shared universe as canon.
- Tweet by @watchdogsgame, June 4 2019
- Phillips, Tom (20 August 2013). "Watch Dogs film announced by Ubisoft". Eurogamer.net. Archived from the original on 2019-09-26. Retrieved 6 June 2019.
- "Oh my Gosh…FUCKING SHAUN HASTING IS EVERYWHERE". Polish Assassin presents... 17 June 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2019.
- Phillips, Tom (6 November 2017). "Assassin's Creed Origins finally confirms Watch Dogs is set in the same universe". Eurogamer.net. Archived from the original on 2022-01-24. Retrieved 6 June 2019.
- A I D E N, by Gaito on Pixiv, Jan 1 2017
- When a fox meets a predator, by QMKKX on Pixiv, May 28 2018
- Fox Aiden, Nick, and fox Rowebro, by komoji on tumblr