Wolf 359 (podcast)
|Date(s):||August 14, 2014- December 25, 2017|
|Medium:||Podcast, Radio Theater|
|Country of Origin:||USA|
|External Links:||Official website|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Wolf 359 is a podcast produced by Kinda Evil Genius Productions
Wolf 359 is a podcast that depicts the surreal lives of the U.S.S. Hephaestus Research Station as they orbit the star of Wolf 359, almost 8 light years away from Earth. The major characters are:
- Communications Officer Douglas Eiffel, the show's lazy protagonist
- Commander Renée Minkowski, the strict captain who initially antagonizes Eiffel
- Doctor Hilbert, the station's morally ambiguous doctor who conducts questionable experiments
- Hera, the station's AI
- Captain Isabel Lovelace (introduced later), the ship's previous captain
- Colonel Warren Kepler (introduced later), leader of the SI-5 team sent to the Hephaestus to contain the crew and continue their research
- Daniel Jacobi (introduced later), demolitions expert of the SI-5 team
- Dr. Alana Maxwell (introduced later), AI expert of the SI-5 team
- Marcus Cutter, Goddard Futuristics Director of Communications
- Dr. Miranda Pryce (introduced later), Cutter's partner. Goddard Futuristic's Head AI Engineer.
The first episodes of the podcast were released in August of 2014. Over time, a fandom began to gain traction on Tumblr. The fandom eventually saw somewhat of a boom in the fall of 2015, with the number of fics on AO3 skyrocketing. The first Wolf 359 live show was held in New York City that December.
A Wolf 359 Reverse Big Bang event was also held in May of 2018.