|Creator:||Amy Liu (artist), Forest Willard (programmer & composer), Marcus Bromander (designer & artist)|
|Date(s):||June 15, 2018 (first release) -|
|Country of Origin:|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Among Us is a multiplayer game where crewmates attempt to discover the imposter in their midst. Initially, it was available only as an app (on both android and iOS); however, in late 2020 it became available on other gaming systems like Nintendo Switch. The game went through a massive increase in popularity in 2020, two years after its 2018 release, at least partially due to Let's Play videos by Twitch streamers and YouTubers.
The Among Us fandom is broad, with segments devoted to fanfiction, fanart (particularly crossovers), Let's Play videos on different platforms, many memes, fanvids made with recorded gameplay, and animated videos (usually Multi Animator Projects).
- imposter syndrome by arahir. A slash fic where a "crew newbie hides in the vents and makes a friend. In unrelated news, local impostor is having a really weird day." Published in September 2020, this fic is the most kudosed Among Us fanwork on AO3 (as of Jan 2021).
- Among Us stories on Fanfiction.net
- Works tagged with the Among Us (Video Game) fandom on Archive of Our Own
- Story search for among us on Wattpad
- Information taken from Among Us (Wikipedia) on Jan 9, 2021.
- Among Us - 100 Player mod. Archived on January 9, 2021.
- See: A+Start, Among Us Glitches - Son of a Glitch - Episode 99. October 24, 2020, for one example of players commenting on glitches. Archived here by the Wayback Machine on Jan 10, 2021.