Be Gentle With Us
|Title:||Be Gentle With Us|
|Frequency:||four times a year|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Be Gentle With Us is a slash letterzine that was published in Northern Ireland and ran for twelve issues.
It came out four times a year: March, June, September, and December. Its cost was considered by some fans to be prohibitive: it amounted to $10.00 (Canadian) per issue, and were slim, digest sized.
Also see List of Letterzines.
Other Professionals Letterzines
- Mixed Doubles, (gen and slash), (1984-June 1989) -- half Pros, half Starsky & Hutch
- The Hatstand Express, (slash), (1984-1991)
- On the Double, (heavy on slash), (November 1986- January 1996) -- heavy on Pros and K/S
- Cold Fish and Stale Chips, (gen and slash), (1989-early 1990)
- Short Circuit, (gen and slash), (1990-1994)
- Be Gentle With Us, (slash), (1991-1993)
- Tea for Two (slash), (1994?)
- Discovered In A Letterbox, (slash), (1997-2002)
Be Gentle With Us 1 was published in 1991.
They sent me a sample first issue and enclosed a questionnaire asking for feedback on contents. This is a "/" emphasis zine, although they do say that genzine stories and reviews are welcome. The first issue had locs, a short story, a listing of current/future TV sightings of the regulars and guest stars of the PROs, a transcript of a Martin Shaw morning talk show interview and a few story reviews. It's a quarterly zine, and the next 3 issues are 10 pounds to the US or Australia, 3 pounds to the UK and 5 pounds to Europe.
Be Gentle With Us 2 was published in 1991.
- Change of Plane by Linda
- For Your Eyes Only by Sarina
- Pretending by Jenny
Be Gentle With Us 3 was published in 1991.
- Nightmare by Cat Shannon
- You Only Live Twice by Sarina
Be Gentle With Us 4 was published in 1991.
Be Gentle With Us 5 was published in 1992.
- A Friend in Need... by Sarina
- No Hiding Place by Barbara Thomas
Be Gentle With Us 6 was published in 1992.
- Holding Out for a Hero by Claire Dobbin
- Untitled by Anonymous
Be Gentle With Us 7 was published in 1992.
Be Gentle With Us 8 was published in 1992.
- A Man Who Trusts... by Nicole Craig
Be Gentle With Us 9 was published in 1993.
- Duty Roster by Atropos
- Eye of the Beholder by Barbara Thomas
- Fishcake by Jane Carnall and Atropos
- May a Friend Wake for You by 5.1
Be Gentle With Us 10 was published in 1993.
- The Final Variation by Doyle-e-Carte
Be Gentle With Us 11 was published in 1993.
- The Black Capri by Jane Carnall and Atropos
- The Bottom of the Matter by Airelle
Be Gentle With Us 12 was published in 1993.
- About Time by Ginny
- Afterwards by Jane Carnall
- Conspiracy Theory by Atropos
- Dear Bodie by Ginny
- Domestic Warfare by Katy Deery
- Home by Ginny
- It was Christmas Day in the Workhouse by Jane Carnall and Atropos
- It's a Gift by Jane Carnall and Atropos
- from Cold Fish and Stale Chips #10