Power Star is a gen zine with the subtitle, "The Imagination Anthology."
From a 1991 ad in The Clipper Trade Ship: "TYPISTS WANTED for POWER STAR fanzine. Must have computer and letter quality printer. You will receive free issues. If you would like to help, write to Jerry Seward..."
From an early 1997 ad: "POWER STAR, the monthly multimedia science fiction fanzine, needs QUANTUM LEAP fiction. Not everyone has a computer and with POWER STAR, you have the chance to have your work read by more people - not just those on-line. Check out the POWER STAR Home Page at: http://members.aol.com/kimmurphy/private/pshome.html for info on how to submit. Snail-mail submissions may be sent to Kimberly Murphy-Smith... " 
Many issues are archived here.
- "The Primitives of Procyon," an original short story.
- part one of "Trapped on Qo'noS" -- a multi-part ST:TNG story by D. Lynn Bivens called "Trapped on Qo'noS" (set on the Klingon homeworld)
- part two of "Trapped on Qo'noS" -- a multi-part ST:TNG story by D. Lynn Bivens called "Trapped on Qo'noS" (set on the Klingon homeworld)
- part three (conclusion) of a multi-part ST:TNG story by D. Lynn Bivens called "Trapped on Qo'noS" (set on the Klingon homeworld)
- Catatonic by D. Lynn Bivens (Batman)
- a story by M.J. Rudy (Captain Scarlett and the Mysterons )
- possibly an Alien Nation story
Power Star 27 was published in 1990 and contains 14 pages.
- "Jedi Nightbreed," a STAR WARS/NIGHTBREED crossover story.
Power Star 28 was published in 1990.
- "Deeper Within," a BEAUTY AND THE BEAST story.
- "Love, Lasers, and Losers," a "V" story.
- "Revenge is a Double-Sided Coin," part one of a BATMAN story.
- "All the Kingpin's Men," part one of a five-part SPIDER-MAN story; part two of "Revenge is a Double-Sided Coin"; more.
- "Pieces," part one of a three-part CAPTAIN POWER story.
- "Twenty Years Later," a BEAUTY AND THE BEAST story. Also: Conclusion of "Revenge is a Double-Sided Coin"; part two of "All the Kingpin's Men."
- Part two of "Pieces."
- "A Serpent in Paradise," part one of a TOTAL RECALL story.
- "Beware of a Fool's Mate," the first Twin Peaks story by Kimberly Murphy. (Agent Cooper has been shot again, the Giant appears witha riddle and Diane arrives in Twin peaks)
- "Through a Glass, Darkly," a BATMAN story.
- Part three of "All the Kingpin's Men."
- "Shadows," an original short story about a woman fleeing marital trouble who finds deeper trouble in the woods. Also: Conclusion of "Pieces"; "Last Myth," an original fantasy tale.
- Part two of "A Serpent in Paradise"; book reviews; more.
- "Two Pronged Attack" the second of Kimberly Murphy's Twin Peaks story (the mystery of Windom Earle's chess game deepens and Audrey discovers something surprising about Diane's relationship to Dale)
- "Down at the End of Lonely Street," part one of a FRIDAY THE 13TH story; "A Solitary Man," a STAR TREK poem; more.
- "Zara," an original SF story about a beautiful alien and the lengths two warring commanders - one her common-law husband, one her lover and the father of her child - go to protect her. Also: interviews with science fiction authors P.E. Cunningham and S.P. Somtow.
- "Only Half the Man," part one of a three-part MANIMAL story.
- Part 1 of "Bride Between Worlds" in Kimberly Murphy's Twin Peaks universe (continuing the saga of Dale and Diane and resolving the series cliffhanger - Dale is trapped in the Black Lodge while his doppleganger pretends to be him).
- Part 1 of "They Don't Make Them Like They Used To" a Star Trek: TNG story by D. Lynn Bivens (with the Romulans plotting a possible invasion of Federation Space, Picard discovers Data has built another android, this one a repilca of he late Tasha Yar)
- "Back Alley Crisis," a G.I. JOE story.
- Part 2 of "Bride Between Worlds" in Kimberly Murphy's Twin Peaks universe
- Part 2 of "They Don't Make Them Like They Used To" a Star Trek: TNG story by D. Lynn Bivens
- "Two Souls," part one of a five-part TWIN PEAKS script.
- "Two Souls," part two of the TWIN PEAKS script.
- Part three of "Two Souls."
- THE BOOK OF THE DEAD; "NightSpeak," part one; more.
- Part four of "Two Souls."
- Conclusion of "Two Souls."
- "My Brother's Keeper," part one of a QUANTUM LEAP story. $24.
Power Star 51 was published in 1992.
- Part two of "My Brother's Keeper."
Power Star 52 was published in 1992 and contains 60 pages.
- Comes The Cheetah Part One (THE FLASH) (3 pages)
- The Renewal Run Part One (LOGAN’S RUN) (3 pages)
- You Can’t Keep A Good Joker Down Part Two (BATMAN) (6 pages)
- Voices Through The Gateway (TWIN PEAKS) (11 pages)
- Penny’s Diary Conclusion (LOST IN SPACE) (8 pages)
- I Will Not Be Pushed conclusion (PRISONER) (11 pages)
- My Brother’s Keeper Part Three (QUANTUM LEAP) (6 pages)
Power Star 53 was published in 1992.
- "Reunion: The Men in Black Incident," a PROJECT U.F.O. story.
- Conclusion of "Only Half the Man," a MANIMAL story.
- "Night People: Night of the Owl," part one.
- Jerry Seward's original STAR TREK CHRONOLOGY.
- (December 1992) Part one of a GET SMART story; a COUNTERSTRIKE story; more.
- A review of BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES.
- (1993) A review of MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000.
- "The Road Not Taken," an original SF short story; "The Visitor."
- Part one of a Russ Tamblyn interview.
- "Countdown to Destiny," a STAR TREK story.
- "Night of the Shylock," a Sherlock Holmes/WILD WILD WEST story.
- (1993) Part two of "Reunion: The Men in Black Incident."
- A movie review of JURASSIC PARK.
- FANTASTIC TELEVISION `93! Our annual salute to TV begins with part one of a three-part SPACE:1999 script-story that finds Koenig questioning the reason for the Alphans' strange adventures, "The Devil's Sweets". Also: Sam Beckett leaps into a mental patient whose wife is conspiring to steal his land in the complete-in-this-issue QUANTUM LEAP story "Pardon My Insanity"; a SPACE:1999 "tech sheet" on Alpha as the "Hub Of Our Solar System: Lunar Transportation Node"; TWIN PEAKS' Agent Cooper tangles with a cantankerous stapler in the third "Tapes Withheld"; a FLASH filksong, "You Won't See Him"; FLASHBACK editor/publisher Steve Beverly reviews the Golden Age SF classic series SCIENCE FICTION THEATER; more.
- First part of "Rogue", a Forever Knight story.
- "Muties and M.O.N.S.T.E.R.s," an X-FACTOR story.
- "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," a MacGYVER story.
- "Space Case," a QUANTUM LEAP story.
- FAR-OUT FEBRUARY! Primary story: The ENTERPRISE's crew (STAR TREK:THE NEXT GENERATION) questions a Deltan female suspected of murder in a take-off on BASIC INSTINCT's interrogation scene called "Raw Data". Also: A DRAGONRIDERS OF PERN short-short, "Lost And Found"; J. Calvin Smith provides a tongue-in-cheek preview of "DUNE: The Musical"; Shirla Turman sings a STAR TREK filksong about Spock's mating cycle, "I Think I Grock You"; a SOMETHING IS OUT THERE episode guide; a report on a national poll on Americans' impressions of extra-terrestrial life; part three of the PROJECT:U.F.O. story "Reunion: The Men In Black Incident".
- OUR VERSION OF MARCH MADNESS! Primary story: The struggle against the Visitors of V goes on with a new agent to take up the battle in the complete-in-this-issue story "Death Dreams". Also: The first ever JURASSIC PARK filksong, "Meat Eater"; Sam Beckett QUANTUM LEAPs into the life of INVISIBLE MAN Dr. Dan Weston in part one of a crossover adventure called "Leap In, Fade Out"; part two of the three-part GET SMART tale "The Almost, Absolutely, Positively Ultimate KAOS Kaper".
- TWIN PEAKS ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL!] Primary story: Ben Horne's up to no good in the complete-in-this-issue story "Boys Night Out". Also: Cartoonist J. Calvin Smith turns out "A Musical Guide To TWIN PEAKS For The Very Young"; Cooper discovers the joy of temperature regulation in Federal buildings in the latest in the ongoing humor series "Tapes Withheld"; conclusion of the two-part Russ Tamblyn interview.
Power Star 74 was published in 1994 and is 46 pages long.
- The Man Who Fell From The Sky—Conclusion (Counterstrike) (14 pages)
- All The Kingpin’s Men—Conclusion (Spiderman) (10 pages)
- Home For the Weekend—Conclusion (Starman) (9 pages)
- KILLER CONCLUSIONS! Primary story: Paul and Scott return to STARMAN's home world to save his people from a plague killing them in the conclusion of "Home For The Weekend". Also: The makeshift COUNTERSTRIKE team of Peter, Stone, and Monique Lamer must stop Strand from carrying out his evil plan and save Nikki--if they can--in the conclusion of "The Man Who Fell From The Sky"; SPIDERMAN Peter Parker collides with Kingpin Wilson Fisk in the conclusion of "All The Kingpin's Men".
- GERRY ANDERSON CELEBRATION! Primary story: CAPTAIN SCARLET AND THE MYSTERONS face off over the world economy in the complete-in-this-issue story "The Gold Standard". Also: Act two of the three act SPACE:1999 script "The Devil's Sweets", in which the alien ship encountered at the end of act one is close enough so its gravitational forces threaten Alpha's existence; CAPTAIN SCARLET mulls over an important decision in the short-short "Moonlight Rhapsody"; reviews of Anderson productions TERRAHAWKS, STINGRAY, FIREBALL XL-5, THUNDERBIRDS, and UFO; universe guides to CAPTAIN SCARLET AND THE MYSTERONS and SPACE:1999.
- I LOVE COMICS `94! Primary story: An overview of independent comics, reprinted from THE CLEVELAND PLAIN DEALER. Also: JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA tries to stop one of their own who's gone renegade in the complete-in-this-issue story "Blind Justice"; previews from independent comics FREEX, BECK & CAUL INVESTIGATIONS, U.N. FORCE, and WANDERING STAR; more.
- STAR TREK SPECIAL `94! Primary story: Captain Kirk and the ENTERPRISE finds a ship containing a beautiful woman who enchants Chekov in the complete-in-this-issue story "Chekov's Wife". Also: STAR TREK and STAR TREK:THE NEXT GENERATION filksongs "Talk To Mr. Spock", "Identical Androids", and "You Belong To The Starship"; Kirk and company take the place of Wile E. Coyote in the humorous "STAR TREK Meets The Road-Runner"; a variation on the famous "Hi-Bob" bar room game called "STAR TREK:THE NEXT GENERATION--The Drinking Game"; reviews of THE FLINTSTONES and the Romulan-oriented newsletter CLOAKING DEVICE.
Issue 78--FANTASTIC TELEVISION `94! Primary story: CAPTAIN SCARLET AND THE MYSTERONS collide again as Spectrum tries to protect a World Navy exhibition in a "Time Warp Tales" reprint of the out-of-print "An Exercise In Hope". Also: A bank holdup in Spokane two days before Dale and Audrey's wedding draws Dale and Diane's attention away from TWIN PEAKS in the complete-in-this-issue story "New Lives"; an ALIEN NATION filksong, "We All Live In An Alien Nation"; QUANTUM LEAP filksongs "Bringin' On The Rain" and "Quantum Blues"; reviews of THE SHADOW and the Japanese kids' series ULTRA 7.
- HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Primary story: A woman and her boyfriend head to Camp Crystal Lake for a murderous encounter in the complete-in-this-issue FRIDAY THE 13TH story, "Just the Same". Also: Michael Myers is ready to leave the mental hospital--or is he?--in a complete-in-this-issue HALLOWEEN story "Love's First Kiss"; reviews of DEAD AT 21 and FOX's rebroadcast of THUNDERBIRDS; part two of the FOREVER KNIGHT tale "Rogue"; part three of the original piece "Night People: Night Of The Owl".
Power Star 27 was published in 1994.
- GIVE THANKS FOR SUBMISSIONS! Primary story: Buster, Lisa, and Clarissa try to stop the monsters dominating a retirement home in act three of the six-act original script-story "NightSpeak". Also: Holiday etiquette for Klingons; a pilot in the near future receives an offer from her sensei she can't refuse in the complete-in-this-issue story "Earth Bound Misfit, I"; Picard and company encounter an odd spaceship in the ST:TNG short-short "Where No Man Has Gone Before?"; more.
Power Star 81 was published in 1994 and contains 74 pages. Issue 81--HOLIDAY GRAB BAG! Primary story: Fandom universes converge and only the Fictional Hero Protection Alliance can sort out the damage in J. Calvin Smith's sequel to the non-media-based tale "D.V.O." entitled "F.H.P.A." Also: L. Gray explores how Harry Truman and Dennis Bryson formulated their plan to rescue Agent Cooper from Jean Renault in an episode from the second season of TWIN PEAKS in this complete-in-this-issue "missing scene" tale, "Uniformity"; learn why Ben Kenobi stopped fighting evil in the complete-in-this-issue STAR WARS story "Fading Faith"; a STAR WARS satire, "DEC Wars"; from the internet, the BABYLON 5 frequently asked questions (FAQ) list.
- HAPPY NEW YEAR! Primary story: A grieving young man needs LOIS AND CLARK's help to find his missing girlfriend who's found out something about the notorious crime syndicate InterGang in part one of a five-part script-story, "Better Late Than Never". Also: The duality of man as personified by Spectrum agent Captain Scarlet and his ex-mentor, Spectrum agent-turned-Mysteron terrorist Captain Black, is explored in part one of a new multi-part CAPTAIN SCARLET AND THE MYSTERONS story, "Pawns Of Evil"; the aftermath of SLEEPING BEAUTY's life with Prince Charming is explored in the short-short "After Love's First Kiss"; a look at a designer who designs TNG clothes from an entirely different angle; episode guides to LOIS AND CLARK's first season and to the short-lived s-f/action series VIPER; a look at the internet's reaction to X-FILES; movie reviews of PUPPET MASTERS, STARGATE, and STAR TREK:GENERATIONS.
- STAR TREK SPECIAL! In the era of STAR TREK:THE NEXT GENERATION, a new starship with a new crew prepares to head off on a First Contact mission to the Tholian Assembly in part one of a multi-part story, "The SOLAR WIND Saga: First Impressions". Also: Q returns to haunt Picard and THE NEXT GENERATION crew in part one of a two-part tale, "Winner Take All".
- STORIES OF SUPERMEN! Primary story: Award-winning author Mary J. Rudy contributes a complete-in-this-issue tale where the indestructable CAPTAIN SCARLET must protect the British Prime Minister from a "Tiny Terror" Mysteron agent. Also: A CAPTAIN SCARLET filksong, "Angel Ng"; part two of "Better Late Than Never".
Power Star 85 was published in 1995. HAPPY 5TH ANNIVERSARY, TWIN PEAKS! Primary story: A being from the dream realm is causing nightmares for Audrey and Diane and to stop him, Cooper must keep an "Appointment with Morpheus". Also: J. Calvin Smith's analysis of one of TWIN PEAKS' most controversial moments, the death of Madeleine Ferguson, in "Closed Circle"; a look at the USENET newsgroup alt.tv.twin-peaks and the denizens therein.
- Jerry Seward, Editor Emeritus
- Kimberly Murphy, Managing Editor
- MRK, Production Director
- Rob Murphy, Layout Editor
- Brian Neale, e-mail "Postmaster"
- Bennet Pomerantz, Collectibles Columnist
- J. Calvin Smith, Manuscript Editor
- Marco Aarts
- John Adams
- Dean Carlson
- Michael W. Dean
- Jessica Gancio
- Esposito Garcia
- Matt Grace
- Brett Hendrie
- Kersti Kahar
- Irina Klein
- Amy Klosterman,
- Machiel Kolstein
- Reetu Meri Tuuli Kurkijarvi
- Peggy Mei-Ling Li
- Kristin Pierce
- Jason Robert Thornton
- John Todd, Jr.
- Martijn van Roosmalen
- Ann Brill White
- Andy Wing
- Jon Yager
- IN THIS ISSUE:
- Credits `N' Stuff. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .2
The usual disclaimers, addresses, etc.
- Murphy's Musings . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .3
An open letter to Craig Miller and John Thorne, Co- Editors of the TWIN PEAKS-based mainstream zine WRAPPED IN PLASTIC.
Subscription Rates . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .6
Our usual advertising plug.
- POWER STAR Shareware Distributors. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .7
Got a modem? Check out these BBSs where POWER STAR and lots of other great stuff can be found.
- "Closed Circle", By J. Calvin Smith. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .9
Did Madeleine Ferguson have to die near the end of the Laura Palmer murder mystery? J. Calvin Smith explores some of the symbolism in TWIN PEAKS' most controversial scene.
- "Welcome To alt.tv.twin-peaks", By Kimberly Murphy . . . . . . . . . . . 12
TWIN PEAKS lives on after cancellation, thanks to an offbeat USENET newsgroup. Some of the regulars of the group give their thoughts on the series.
- "Appointment With Morpheus", By Kimberly Murphy. . . . . . . . . . . . . 37
A being from the dream realm threatens the Coopers' happiness--is it up to Dale to save TWIN PEAKS again?
- Comm Panel . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 65
Your feedback is the "peak" of our day.
- "Ye Olde Collectables And Trivia Shoppe", By Bennet Pomerantz. . . . . . 69
Bennet Pomerantz's nationally-renowned column on the latest in collectables.
- Back Issues Cross-Reference. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 71
Previously in POWER STAR about TWIN PEAKS...
- Coming Next Time.... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 79
- Primary story: X-MEN collide with Magneto and his forces in the conclusion of "X-Men". Also: Smith tempts fate while LOST IN SPACE when he encounters "The Toy Maker"; CAPTAIN SCARLET is concerned about the "Differences" in his life after Spectrum's initial encounters with the Mysterons in a complete-in-this-issue short-short; SILVER SURFER brings Galactus to Earth in the conclusion of "What Price Be Mercy?
- SCRIPT SPECIAL! Primary story: Buster, Lisa, Clarissa, and Dr. Delgado continue their fight against the forces of evil in "NightSpeak". Also: From the internet, the STAR TREK:THE NEXT GENERATION humor piece "The Fall Of The Borg"; more.
Issue 88--IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE II! Primary story: A space trader transports a very unusual cargo in the complete-in-this-issue original tale "A Trader's Tale". Also: The conclusion of PROJECT:U.F.O. story "Reunion: The Men In Black Incident"; conclusion of the CAPTAIN SCARLET AND THE MYSTERONS script-story "Pawns Of Evil".
- HOT SUMMER STORIES! Primary story: In the era of STAR TREK VI, the crew of the EXCELSIOR tries to find out what happened to Captain Sulu in part two of "Ghost Captain". Also: A viewer's guide to the GODZILLA movies; traffic backs up behind "The Sweeper" in this short-short; reviews of the X-FILES novel GOBLINS and the third installment of the BATMAN trilogy, BATMAN FOREVER; act five of "NightSpeak"; conclusion of "The Renewal Run".
Issue 90--FANTASTIC TELEVISION IV! Primary story: The Book House Boys go on a mission to stop drug runners using TWIN PEAKS as their throughway in the complete-in-this-issue tale "Star Light, Star Bright". Also: The Mysterons threaten the European commanders of the World military--one of whom is Captain Scarlet's father--in the complete-in-this-issue CAPTAIN SCARLET AND THE MYSTERONS story "Uneasy Relations"; reviews of JUDGE DREDD and APOLLO 13; part two of the QUANTUM LEAP/INVISIBLE MAN crossover "Leap In, Fade Out"; conclusion of "The Almost, Absolutely, Positively Ultimate KAOS Kaper".
- HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Primary story: CAPTAIN SCARLET AND THE MYSTERONS find out "Whose Heart Is Blackest" when they encounter an insane German military officer who has Captain Scarlet's regenerative powers. Also: Act one of a new ROCKY HORROR script-story, "The Revenge Of Dr. Frankenfurter"; Sam Beckett QUANTUM LEAPs into a Vietnamese P.O.W. who plays a vital role in Al's survival in "The Leap Into Hell"; conclusion of the exciting script-story "NightSpeak".
- THANKS, GERRY ANDERSON! Our second salute to the contributions of British producers Gerry and Sylvia Anderson kicks off with members of Moonbase Alpha getting mysteriously ill as a stricken spaceship from a peaceful race docks for repairs in the complete-in-this-issue SPACE:1999 story "Images". Also: The first battle between CAPTAIN SCARLET AND THE MYSTERONS is over--but Spectrum must decide what to do with the newly-revived Captain Scarlet in a "missing scene" story, "Chance For A Lifetime"; a UFO episode guide; fans speak out about the universe of Gerry Anderson in a special survey; conclusion of the SPACE:1999 script-story "The Devil's Sweets".
- HOLIDAY GRAB BAG! Primary story: James West and Artemus Gordon leave THE WILD WILD WEST behind to visit Sherlock Holmes in England in the sequel to "Night Of The Shylock" called "The Case Of The Retired American Agent". Also: A glimpse into TWIN PEAKS' newspaper archives in another installment of "Tapes Withheld"; Agent Fox has captured STARMAN in a "Time Warp Tales" reprint of the out-of-print "In The Name Of Science"; act three of "Better Late Than Never".
- HAPPY NEW YEAR! Primary story: Scully and Mulder go on an X-FILES case and discover something that could disrupt the fabric of time in "The Incident In Napierville". Also: The end of the universe approaches in an original tale, "Future Tense"; a young man at a dance meets a woman with a special secret in "Tomorrow's Invitation"; A SPACE:ABOVE AND BEYOND universe guide; Captain Black sings the plot of CAPTAIN SCARLET AND THE MYSTERONS in a filksong called "No Earthman Will Survive".
- STAR TREK SPECIAL! Primary story: Sam Beckett QUANTUM LEAPs into TNG's Jean-Luc Picard as the ENTERPRISE goes back in time in a matter that involves "The Essence Of Time". Also: Tom Restivo gives VOYAGER the MST3K treatment in "From THE POWER STAR OF LOVE..."; a STAR TREK filksong, "Addicted To TREK"; conclusion of "Winner Take All".
- STORIES OF SUPERMEN! Primary story: SUPERMAN and THE INCREDIBLE HULK team up to fight a being from another realm in "Strange New World". Also: CAPTAIN SCARLET AND THE MYSTERONS tangle over a nuclear matter-antimatter reactor in Brazil to prevent "Twenty Minutes To Anhiliation", then CAPTAIN SCARLET and Spectrum reluctantly team with ARMY OF DARKNESS' Ash to destroy the Necronomicon in "Technical Difficulties"; act four of the LOIS AND CLARK script-story "Better Late Than Never".
- HAPPY 6TH ANNIVERSARY, TWIN PEAKS! POWER STAR celebrates the series' sixth anniversary with a novella-length murder mystery that brings Donna Hayward back to TWIN PEAKS in "Coming Around Again".
- I LOVE COMICS `96! Primary story: THE ATOM teams with BATMAN to prevent an "Explosion". Also: BATMAN must deal with another vigilante who brings Gotham City into a form of "Stalemate" and the Mad Hatter in the conclusion of "The Tea Party"; conclusion of "The Fantastic Four"; conclusion of "Better Late Than Never".
- NOVELLA SPECIAL! The WAR OF THE WORLDS continues in a new novella-length tale involving an old friend of Suzanne's who comes to visit and gets a more exciting visit than she bargained for in "People Like Peggy". Also: A movie review of SCREAMERS.
- WE'VE REACHED THE CENTURY MARK! POWER STAR writers reminisce about 100 issues and the development of the zine as we celebrate our longevity. Also: Fictional characters from disparate universes each awaken to find himself/herself in The Village in part one of a four-part multi-universe adventure "The Kingmaker"; Hawke and AIRWOLF must save a dying agent of Archangel's who happens to be Hawke's half-sister in "He's My Brother"; THE FLASH tangles with The Weather Wizard in "Flash Of Darkness"; a QUANTUM LEAP filksong, "Save QUANTUM LEAP"; a rewrite of the ALIEN NATION filksong "Ballad Of The Newcomers"; a QUARK filk-short-short, "A Ditty For The Betties' Uniforms".
- GERRY ANDERSON SPECIAL! Primary story: The death of Dr. Helena Russell disrupts life on Moonbase Alpha in a complete-in-this-issue SPACE:1999 story, "La Carmencita". Also: CAPTAIN SCARLET AND THE MYSTERONS both have an interest in stopping the insane plans of a general who has designs on launching a direct attack on Mars in "Tyrant"; part two of "The Kingmaker".
- FANTASTIC TELEVISION `96! Primary story: Hawke and AIRWOLF are on a hunt to find the missing Dominic Santini in a complete-in-this-issue story, "Gyrfalcon". Also: Seven years before he was dubbed CAPTAIN SCARLET, Second Lieutenant Paul Metcalfe was a member of the World Army Air Force Special Forces and experienced a mission that became "A Cross To Bear"; part four of "Comes The Cheetah"; part three of "The Kingmaker".
- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL `96! Primary story: Nick Knight must face the consequences of shooting a fellow officer while trying to protect Natalie from vampire enforcers in the conclusion of "Rogue". Also: A V cross-reference; an original tale, "The Return Of Zorrothustra"; a poem about fiction writing, "A Lone Creation"; part four of "Night People: Night Of The Owl"; conclusion of "The Kingmaker".
- THANKFUL FOR TREK! Primary story: Kirk faces "The Fire Of The Forge" in a complete-in-this-issue story. Also: From the internet, "100 Reasons Kirk Is Better Than Picard"; a STAR TREK:THE NEXT GENERATION poem, "Wasteland"; conclusion of "The SOLAR WIND Saga: First Impressions"; a review of STAR TREK:FIRST CONTACT.
- SELECTIONS FROM SPACE! Primary story: The first manned mission to Mars encounters more than they bargained for in the complete-in-this-issue tale "Live From Mars". Also: Find out the "Top Ten Signs You Are Hooked On BABYLON 5"; Parker Gabriel sings another CAPTAIN SCARLET AND THE MYSTERONS filksong about "A Story Of Scarlet"; a review of THE RELIC.
- WINTER WONDERLAND GRAB-BAG! Primary story: One of the very first X-FILES cases--the disappearance of Mulder's sister-- takes a strange turn in the complete-in-this-issue story "The Murder Of Mulder's Sister". Also: BECK & CAUL INVESTIGATIONS take on one of their most bizarre cases yet in "Darkest Before The Dawn"; a tongue-in-cheek look at MILLENNIUM's protagonist [ Frank Black ] in "The Ballad Of Frank Black"; an episode guide to RAW TOONAGE; the resemblence between two long-running TV shows are examined in "STAR TREK:THE NEXT GENERATION--A LOVE BOAT Clone?"; a review of EXO-SQUAD; news.
- THE WORLDS OF GERRY ANDERSON! Primary story: Life on Alpha changes drastically as SPACE:1999's Helena Russell prepares to lead a mission aboard an experimental craft back to Earth in a complete-in-this-issue story "Mission: Home". Also: The unexpected pregancy of an Alpha technician and the disappearance of Maya lead to a "Transformation" of attitudes in this complete-in-this-issue SPACE:1999 story; SCIENCE FICTION MODELLER correspondent Marc Frattasio provides insights into the construction of many of the Gerry Anderson series' models and sets; General Henderson is found dead at Harlington-Straker Studios and Ed Straker is determined to get to the bottom of it in the complete-in-this-issue UFO story "The Men In Black"; news.
- Archangel is being held hostage and the terrorists who have him want AIRWOLF in exchange in the story "Vision." Also: The same virus that nearly killed Captain Morris in the first SOLAR WIND story may be spreading aboard the ship in "The SOLAR WIND Saga: The Trail."
- TWIN PEAKS ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL! Primary story: Sheriff Harry S. Truman faces new questions about the F.B.I.'s continued involvement in TWIN PEAKS law enforcement in the story "An Issue of Character." Also: A TWIN PEAKS drinking game; Cooper and forensic pathologist Sam Stanley investigate the Teresa Banks murder in "The Start."
- STAR TREK SPECIAL! Primary story: Deanna Troi has been working with Worf's son Alexander to help him cope with life without his mother, but learns that "A Child's Love" can be a powerful force indeed in this STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION story. Also: The SOLAR WIND crew faces a battle with The Old Ones in "The SOLAR WIND Saga: The Apocalypse Scenario."
- SCI-FI GRAPHICS artist Andrew Kear presents a new SPACE: 1999 comic that has the "Errant Moon" wandering into the space around the planet Aron. Also: Spectrum must deal with both Mysteron clones and nature's own lookalikes - identical twins - in a CAPTAIN SCARLET AND THE MYSTERONS tale, "Mixed Doubles."
- War, honor, dragons, fair maidens - it's all a part of Vickie Murphy's fantasy tale "Of Cabbages and Queens." Also: The perils of life with a wiccan are examined in the poem "Armchair Witches"; a reporter not only gets a great scoop on the Roswell U.F.O. incident but also more than he bargained for in an original tale, "Exile from the Earth"; news.
- The struggle between CAPTAIN SCARLET AND THE MYSTERONS is now over two years old, and the secret of Captain Scarlet's indestructibility has been compromised in the story "Truth and Consequences"; the Mysterons threaten to destroy the pride of the seven seas, and it's up to CAPTAIN SCARLET to stop them in "Unknown Danger"; your questions about Gerry Anderson shows are answered in the Gerry Anderson Productions Frequently Asked Questions List; news.
- A RANMA 1/2 story; the war between CAPTAIN SCARLET AND THE MYSTERONS is at a lull, giving Scarlet time to think about the future in "Good Knight, Dear Lady"; a MANN & MACHINE episode guide; a renegade has taken control of the BATTLESTAR GALACTICA's agroship in "Hostage Warriors"; news.
- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL! Primary story: The SOLAR WIND is called to investigate reports of a renegade faction of Tholians that have placed "Souls in Tension" in this STAR TREK-inspired adventure. Also: A "Time Warp Tales" reprint of a story from our very first issue, about "The Girl with Homely Eyes"; nightmares from "A Haunted Past" trouble Tasha Yar in a STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION short story; news.
- THANKSGIVING BUFFET. Sam Beckett QUANTUM LEAPs into a bigamist in a new Shirla Turman piece called "I Led Three Wives" and two new Mary Battles STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION stories--injuries to Troi, Beverly, and Tasha lead to some exploration of emotions in "Deadly Games," and Tasha Yar's capture by the Romulans after the ENTERPRISE-C travels back in time is explored in "Alternate Life." Also: the poem "Nocturne."
- OUR FIRST JAG NOVELLA AND KIMBERLY'S LAST ISSUE. Primary story: Meg and Harmon think they're dealing with an apparent attempt at terrorism on US soil...but the truth is something much bigger than even they bargained for in the complete-in-this-issue JAG tale "Anarch's Hand". Also: Klingon poems "Glory's Call", "The Soul Of A Warrior's Heart", and "Star Of Life"; Brendan Dillon's "Top Ten Reasons Why The Enterprise Doesn't Have An Infinite Improbability Drive" and "Top Ten Things That Will Never Happen On The X-Files"; from the internet, a "Generic Disaster Movie Script"; reviews of Gattica, Kisses, and the science fiction romance novels of Johanna Lindsey; what JMS didn't show you in a Babylon 5 satire, "Sheridan's Interrogation: The Unseen Cut".
- AMERICAN GOTHIC special! Primary story: "If Your Memory Serves You Well." Also: VISIONS '97 con report and an interview with Gary Lockwood.
- (February 1998) --THE WOMEN OF SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY! Primary story: "Preservation" (STAR TREK: VOYAGER). Also: a Jeri Ryan interview. PRINT EXCLUSIVE: a LA FEMME NIKITA story, "Balance of Power." archived here
- (May 1998) --PARALLEL WORLDS! Primary story: "Letting Go" (SLIDERS). Also: "Distant Deeps," a STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE story set in the Mirror Universe and "Thoughts on HIGHLANDER Continuity." Archived here.
- (April 1998) --Primary story: "Takeover," a NOWHERE MAN story. Also: news. Archived here.
- (May 1998) --ANIME! Also: a review of the new LOST IN SPACE movie.Archived here
- (June 1998) --An EARTH: FINAL CONFLICT story; news; commentary. Archived here.
- (July 1998). Deep Space Nine: Alien - by S.D. Speck. A STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE/ALIENS crossover; Caught In The Web - by Alien. An AMERICAN GOTHIC story;
Linta, the Belly Button Fairy - By Mary Barton; ALIEN RESURRECTION Review - A Movie Review by Paul O'Brien; STAR WARS: REBELLION Review - A Video Game Review by Mike O'Brien; SILVER SURFER Review - A Television Review by Paul O'Brien; Seward's Words - By Jerry Seward; Anthony's Anxieties - By Anthony Van Pyre. archived here
- (August 1998). RED DWARF in Oz - By Dave Hardenbrook . A RED DWARF/OZ crossover; There's No Place Like Home - A SOLAR WIND SAGA Story by L.G. Frey, Jerry Seward, and Susan Herman; You Don't Know Me - By Tracey R. Rich. A SPACE CASES story. (Print Exclusive); Arrow Comics Review Part II. - Reviews of DARK OZ and more.; BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER Review - By Paul O'Brien; News; Seward's Words - By Jerry Seward; Anthony's Anxieties - By Anthony Van Pyre. Archived here.
- (Sept 1998). News; Seward's Words - By Jerry Seward ;Anthony's Anxieties - By Anthony Van Pyre. archived here.
- (October 1998). This month, we celebrate Halloween: Sins of the Father; Wasp; News; More SF Entertainment News; Seward's Words - By Jerry Seward. Anthony's Anxieties - By Anthony Van Pyre. archived here.
- (Nov 1998). The Return of Lewis by Trax Knight - A RoboCop story. The Ties That Strangle by Arkane - An X-MEN Story. Gestalt by Eliot Lefebvre - A TRANSFORMERS: BEAST WARS story. The Book by Scott Stadelman- A HIGHLANDER story.
Field Trip by Beth Arritt - A BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER story. News. Book Reviews: LEGEND by Jonathan A. Lewis. Commentary: Seward's Words - By Jerry Seward. Anthony's Anxieties - By Anthony Van Pyre. archived here.
- (December 1998). Awakening by Dora Shelton - A SPACE: ABOVE AND BEYOND Story. (Premiered February 1998). The first Heather Scott story; No Smoking by Nigel G. Mitchell - A SLIDERS Story. (Premiered March 1998); Redemption by John Orton - A PROJECT A-KO Story. (Premiered May 1998) ; Articles: Arrow Comics Reviews - by Jerry Seward and Anthony Van Pyre. (Part 1 Premiered March 1998, Part 2 Premiered August 1998); CRIME TRAVELER Episode Guide - by Philippa Sidle. (Premiered March 1998); seaQUEST DSV Episode Guide - by Jerry Seward (Premiered March 1998) Archived here.
unknown issue (1999 or earlier): "Happy Birthday, Sam," by Linda Craig. Published as a special issue of POWER STAR. There are also QL-inspired cartoons by Nola Gray.
- Need QL Fiction (January 5, 1997)