|Name:||Paramount Pictures Corporation|
Paramount Pictures or simply Paramount
|Date(s):||1912 - present|
|Country based in:||United States|
|Focus:||media and entertainment|
|External Links:||Paramount Pictures at Wikipedia, Official Site|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Paramount is a film studio, television production company and motion picture distributor, and one of the oldest surviving studios. It briefly owned DreamWorks from 2005-2008. Paramount started television channel UPN in 1995, which lasted eleven years before being merged with The WB network to become The CW in 2006. On January 17, 2006; Paramount Television merged with CBS Productions, which became known as CBS Television Studios.
Fans and Paramount and Pushing Back
A fan in 1998 commented: "Just remember: Paraborg may hold the copyright but we still own our imaginations!"A fan in the late 1990s wrote:
- "The Lords' Disclaimer"
- Our Paramount/Viacom, who art in Hollywood,
- Copywrited be thy name.
- Thy profits come,
- Thy royalties be honored,
- In Asia as they are in the "Free World".
- Give us this week our piece of canon,
- And forgive us our fanfics,
- As we forgive the real clunkers you occasionally produce.
- And lead us not into litigation,
- But deliver us from cancellations.
- For thine is the franchise, and the trademarks, and the merchandising,
- For ever and ever,
- Amen. 
Below is an incomplete list of Paramount films with fannish activity. (See List of Paramount Pictures films for a complete list)
- Friday the 13th (1980-2009)
- Indiana Jones (1981–2008)
- Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001–2003)
- Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (2013)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe series (2008–2011), co-production with Marvel Studios
- Mission: Impossible (1996–present)
- Sleepy Hollow (1999)
- Star Trek (1979–present)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990–1993; 2014–2016)
- Titanic (1995)
- Transformers (2007–present)
- War of the Worlds (2005)
Paramount Television Shows
Below is an incomplete list of Paramount television series with fannish activity. (See List of television series produced by Paramount Television for a complete list)
- 7th Heaven (The WB/The CW, 1996-2007)
- The Brady Bunch (ABC, 1969-1974)
- Criminal Minds (CBS, 2005-present)
- Friday the 13th: The Series (Syndication, 1987-1990)
- JAG (NBC/CBS, 1995-2005)
- MacGyver (ABC, 1985-1992)
- Mork & Mindy (ABC, 1978-1982)
- NCIS (CBS, 2003-present)
- The Sentinel (UPN, 1996-1999)
- Star Trek (NBC/Syndication/UPN 1966-2005); (CBS All Access 2018-present)