|Creator:||Lee David Zlotoff|
|Date(s):||1985-1992, two made-for-TV movies in 1994, comic book in 2012|
|Medium:||Television, Comic Book|
|Country of Origin:||USA|
|External Links:||IMBD; http://www.rusted-crush.com/macgyver/|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
A highly intelligent, extremely creative guy named Angus MacGyver (known to his friends as MacGyver or "Mac") prefers using his brain (and not his brawn) to solve problems. Armed only with a Swiss Army knife, his knowledge of applied practical science, and whatever materials he had at hand, he saved the world (or at least his corner of it.)
Most of the fanfic was in zines, although like most late '80's/early '90's shows, the fandom transitioned through Usenet and online services like AOL to the Internet. The pervasive appeal of the show turned it into a cultural icon even years after it went off the air, with references in other, later shows like Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Mythbusters, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- IRC-Channel MacGyver - 1997
- Have Swiss Army Knife...Will Travel
- House Blend #2
- New Beginnings (MacGyver zine) sequel to Transitions
- MacGyverisms #1-4
- Positive Thinking
- Promises to Keep (MacGyver zine)
- Transitions (MacGyver zine)
 MacGyver (TV) on AO3, for the original 1985 series.
- Slash McGyver archive link Description: "McGyver [sic] has a vast fanfic audience but there's never enough, right, so here's another place to discuss the show, share a story and in general, have fun. Stories will be posted to The WWOMB archive unless otherwise noted. More on that in the Authors FYI. I don't have the time or inclination to moderate this list for minor ears, so joining confirms you are over legal age."
In 2012, a comic book was released entitled "Fugitive Gauntlet". It ran for 5 issues, written by Tony Lee and MacGyver creator Lee David Zlotoff.
Along with the comic book, Zlotoff recounted the 'origin story' of how he developed the MacGyver character. It is also a five-part series of blog-type posts: