Alternate Universe Big Bang
Alternate Universe Big Bang is a multifandom Big Bang challenge for AUs with a minimum word count of 15,000 words. The stories are accompanied by graphics created by fan artists. Sign-ups were in Jan 2010, posting in May/June 2010.
There were 102 stories posted as part of the 2010 AU Big Bang.
AU Big Bang 2010
After Rain, the Sun by astrum_presul (24 - Tony Almeida/Michelle Dessler). Word count: 16,077.
- Summary: After taking matters with Alan Wilson into her own hands, Renee Walker has to make a choice: reach out to Tony Almeida and act on the information she received, or let it go, and risk the life of the woman everyone thought was dead – Michelle Dessler.
Alice in Wonderland
If the Dark Takes You In by cherith (Alice in Wonderland - Alice/Hatter, Alice/White Queen, Alice/Red Queen, Alice/Cait). Word count: 15,513.
- Summary: Alice is walking home from her sister's house one evening, and decides to take the shortcut through the forest to get home. She gets lost in the darkness and finds herself in a strange and frightening Wonderland. She's afraid to stop pushing forward to try and get home, and every time she turns around she finds herself somewhere new. Borrows heavily from the scenes and ideas of the original, mixed with a little Looking Glass madness and a little modern day setting. It's a recognizable Wonderland, but filled with darkness and monsters.
- Art: fanmix by wtfbrain
American Idol Season 7
- Summary: In this gas-lit steampunk world where spells are channeled through music and licensed for use, David Cook and the Anthemic are the strongest fieldcasting band of House Nineteen. President McKinley has been assassinated at the 1901 World’s Fair – were songcasters involved? Cook and his band investigate amid the skyscrapers and airships of pre-WW1 AU New York City. (Slash)
- Art: cover by clover71
Big Love Goes Head Over Heels by Lire Casander (American Idol Season 7 - David Cook/David Archuleta, David Archuleta/Danny Noriega, Andy Skib/Jennye Nye, Michael Johns/Stacy Vuduris, Michael Johns/Carly Smithson). Word count: 21,133.
- Summary: David Archuleta has won a date with famous singer Danny Noriega. Things get a little out of hand for his best friend David Cook to deal with them when Noriega comes to Tulsa to pay Archie a visit. AU fic based on the movie Win A Date With Tad Hamilton.
- Art: clover71
A Chance Contract by timeisgone (American Idol Season 7 - David Cook/David Archuleta). Word count: 22,500+
- Summary: A house, an opportunity, a contract, and everything in between. (Slash)
- Summary: Adam isn’t human. Kris owns a bar. Archie needs rescuing. (Slash)
- Art: Art and fanmix by preromantics.
Hellfire by clover71 (American Idol season 7 - David Cook/ David Archuleta). Word count: 23,300ish.
- Summary: Volcanologist, David Cook, was sent to investigate a series of seismic activities in the town of Murray in Utah and found that he had more than an awakening dormant volcano to deal with when he met David Archuleta. (Slash)
- Art: clover71
Search Everywhere (For A Happy Ending) by pandorablu (American Idol RPF, predominantly S7 - David Cook/David Archuleta). Word count: 24,000+
- Summary: David thought his biggest worry was figuring out if he was going to be the first member of his family to go to college. Little did he know that when David Cook and Michael Johns crashed through the door of his father's store his life would change forever. Otherwise known as 1920's gangster!AU. (Slash)
- Summary: David Archuleta, former college student/former theater tech/former unknown and current something of American Idol Winner David Cook, has to figure out who he is and who he wants to be. The problem with growing up becomes deciding between what you want and what you need. His dream or Cook? (sequel to just another word for you) (Slash)
- Art: Fanart and fanmix by mrsachid.
When Broken Joy Took Flight by poppetawoppet (American Idol RPF - Adam Lambert/Kris Allen, Adam Lambert/OMC, Kris Allen/OMC, Adam/Brad Bell, Kris/Cale Mills). Word count: 22,000.
- Summary: White Oleander inspired Kris and Adam in foster care fic. Dub-con (Consent issues everywhere). Child abuse. Stockholm syndrome. Underage sex. Language. Character death (though not Kris or Adam).
- Art: chosenfire28
you snuck your way right into my heart by be_merry (American Idol Season 7 - David Cook/David Archuleta). Word count: ~20,000.
- Summary: David Archuleta is a first year music teacher. David Cook is a kindergarten teacher. The one thing neither of them counted on was falling in love. (slash)
- Art: Banner by denied
- Summary: Susan Ivanova is already living a double life: EA officer by day, rogue telepath smuggler by night. However, her life doesn't really become complicated until she finds out that everything she's tried so hard to hide is already known. On the run for her life, she is being recruited by an organization made up of people who she recognizes, but doesn't understand. The entire universe is changing around her; but she figures as long as thinks quickly enough and trusts no one, she might be able to keep up. At least until she realizes that everything she thought she knew had always been a lie, and that her secrets go even deeper than she had ever conceived. (femslash)
- Art: beccastareyes
Providing Leverage by technicallysane (Bandom (Panic! At The Disco, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, etc.) - Jon Walker/Spencer Smith [The Young Veins/Panic! At The Disco]). Word count: 38,000.
- Summary: Spencer didn’t really know anything more than computers and that life was just inherently out to get him. Then his student teacher—who he may have a bit of a crush on, so what—turns out to be a member of a group known as the “Riot Squad”, all of whom apparently think that anything illegal is made immediately okay if it’s to help someone. Oh, yeah, and they want Spencer to be a part of that. Bandom AU. (Slash)
- Art: Fanmix by wishfulclicking
- Summary: Sequel to Freaks: The Virus/The Stinger, a Nolanverse AU in which both Batman and the Joker have superpowers. In this story: the Joker has always drawn the attention of those interested in unusual humans—but he’s always had the last laugh. Science fiction horror done Apocalyptic Log style. (Gen)
Caught in the Middle Life by radcliffe_bass (BelAmi Online - Damien Rivkin/Matt Phillipe). Word count: 21,304.
- Summary: It will be a snowy day in hell before Matt Phillipe would agree with his ass of an editor Damien Rivkin. But when a twist of fate forces them to spend time together - Matt can't help but think - is it finally snowing in hell? (Slash)
- Art: clover71
SHADES OF THE PAST by clover71 (BelAmi Online). Word count: 30,750ish.
- Summary: The quiet life that Dolph Lambert had engineered suddenly became rattled when his three-year-old daughter was kidnapped and the police made a list of possible suspects, which apparently included Dolph’s former fiancé, Brandon Manilow. (MPREG, Slash)
- Art: fanmix and fanart by clover71
As the Black Cat Crosses by flowingmists (Bleach - Heavily hinted Yoruichi/Urahara, Soifon, Gin, Aizen). Word count: 22,159.
- Summary: AU. Yoruichi doesn't know how someone as smart as Kisuke can be so foolish. In the wake of scandal caused by illegal magical experiments, Yourichi must try to validate his claims of innocence in order to save his life.
- Art: ravens_rising
Handfuls of Dust by Kel (Bleach). Word count: 16,212.
- Summary: Separated by years and lies, two friends find each other again. (Infected 'verse; sequel to "In Rain")
- Art: fanmix by afteriwake
Light For The Deadvine by spikykun & ravens_rising (Cowboy Chronicles: Book One) (Bleach - Ukitake/Shunsui, slight hint of Ichigo/Renji near the end.) Word count: 29,000.
- Summary: It's the Wild West, and for the past five years, Shunsui Kyouraku, saloon owner and former vigilante, has been trying to stay away from trouble and lead a quiet life. When the cowboy Jyuushirou Ukitake, Shunsui's former partner, returns to the Rose-Colored Path Saloon asking for help, Shunsui knows trouble is right around the corner. Complicated emotions linger between the two men, and they discover that their new quest may be their most difficult in more ways than one.
- Art: calcitrix
Pandemonium by clearandstrong (Bleach). Word count: 15,025.
- Summary: When something starts tormenting the city of Paris, some of Gotei’s best operatives move into town to solve the case. However, nothing is as simple as it seems and they will have to work together to discover what is hiding among the rubble of the once prominent city. That is if they can stop arguing with each other long enough to solve the case.
- Art: Banner by ravens_rising
- Summary: All Human AU. After the death of his mother, 17 yr old Spike is sent to live with a relative in the States. There he meets and befriends Xander and his lover Angel. Add the usual teenage angst plus social workers, judgmental townsfolk, homework and collars and you find Spike falling in love and finding himself a place to call home. (Slash)
Classical Composers RPF
The Trees They Grow So High by Naraht (Classical Composers RPF). Word count: ~20,000.
- Summary: On the eve of World War I, Benjamin Britten is a new boy at boarding school. He is assigned to fag for Peter Pears, a prefect and a tenor in the school choir. A friendship develops between the two of them, but are Britten's feelings more than simple hero-worship?
Amidst the patriotic fervour of wartime, Britten has to stand by Pears when the older boy's pacifist convictions make him unpopular with the rest of the school. After Pears leaves school they lose touch until, at the end of the war, a tragedy brings them back together...
- Art: purlicue
Running for Cover by maritzamcnay (The Covenant - Reid Garwin/Tyler Simms). Word count: 14,134.
- Summary: He risked everything to be his hero, but was the price too high? Once, he’d been boy-next-door handsome, but now Deputy Marshal Reid Garwin seemed a dark, dangerous stranger! When an old enemy put his life in jeopardy, a reluctant Tyler Simms followed Reid in hiding. Five years ago Tyler gave all his love to Reid but it was not enough to keep them together and he wanted out, now Reid is back and must protect Tyler against an old enemy seeking revenge. Will Reid be able to protect Tyler? Will Tyler trust him enough to save him? Will love concur all in the end? (slash)
- Art: Chibi by chibifukurou
Blood of My Blood by Montiese (Criminal Minds). Word count: 31,000.
- Summary: In his more than 10 years in the FBI, Special Agent Aaron Hotchner has seen it all. That's what he thought before Emily Prentiss walked into his life. She needed his help, her husband had been kidnapped by the government and her entire family was in danger. The twists and turns this journey takes remind Hotch that things are rarely what they seem and even the most outrageous myths may be true. There's little time for reflection or distraction if Hotch hopes to save Jason Gideon and keep his children from falling victim to a century old vendetta by a force Hotch can barely understand.
- Art: twinsfan33
The Brisbane Event by jaune_chat (Criminal Minds). Word count: 37,872
- Summary: In 1952 the world was changed when the unexplainable Brisbane Event caused the rise of a new race, the metahumans. Sixty years later, the B.A.U. team is one of the leading experts in human/metahuman crime. But when the Brisbane Event returns with a vengeance and terrible consequences, Aaron Hotchner's profiling team must team up with the metahumans to discover an unsub with a plan that has world-wide consequences for both races...
The Chronicles of Riddick
Role Model by Truth (The Chronicles of Riddick). Word count: 17,119.
- Summary: Kyra wanted to be Jack, and got her wish. Jack never wanted to be Kyra, or anyone other than herself. (Slavery, Violence, Murder, Genocide)
- Art: cover by caersmane
Empty Spaces by darkmagic_luvr (CSI:NY/Criminal Minds - Don Flack/Emily Prentiss). Word count: 13,200.
- Summary: There's a serial killer in the suburbs of New York and the BAU has been requested to provide a profile. The NYPD and the BAU decide to collaborate, sending an FBI agent and a senior detective undercover, posing as a married couple, fitting the same criteria of the pervious victims. Don Flack and Emily Prentiss haven't seen each other in years, but now, seeing as they have to pretend to be married, they'll be seeing a lot of each other. (het)
- Art: afteriwake
- Summary: After his decommission from MI-5, Tom Quinn is at a loss for what to do with his life. His dad wants to take a trip to Cardiff to view the still in-progress Millennium Centre and that's when the weird things start happening and Tom's life takes a drastic turn towards the unexpected.
- Art: midvacent
- Summary: WWII AU set in Birmingham, UK in 1943. A mysterious aircraft falls to the ground near a pub in Birmingham, and the pilot inside warns of invasion. With Britain busy fighting a world war, it is hardly a warning that garners much attention. He reaches out to one man, hoping his warning be heeded in time before the world ends.
- Art: fanmix by sashataakheru
- Summary: After the return of Superman, he and Gotham's new vigilante get to know one another. Written as if I lived in the moviefusion-verse and were writing superhero RPF. (Slash)
- Art: fanmix by dwg
- Summary: Three years before the pilot of Supernatural, it’s a very different world. The Winchesters have been fighting demons for a long time, causing Dean in particular, to grow up faster. Things got harder much much earlier. Supernatural collides with American Idol where Archie has a history with demonic possession, and Dean fumbles the save. Cook is trapped with a demon; the bitch of it is it’s Archie. Dean has disappeared, so John Winchester is here to save the day with…Brad Bell? First times all around. (slash)
- Art: bitterlotus
- Summary: In Nazi occupied France, a British spy and a turncoat German officer must put their trust in each other to help bring an end to the war, and trust turns into something much more. Elsewhere, a German scientist who has been requisitioned by the British for war reparations will do anything it takes to find his twin, even if it means allying with the people who have kidnapped him. (Slash)
- Art: chibifukurou and speak_me_fair.
- Summary: Chase was a student at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. Time and personal differences mean that he's estranged from his former friends, the X-Men. Now he moonlights as a doctor for vigilantes and mutants at a clinic in NYC, but he's juggling so many secrets that his past is sure to catch up with him soon. Set towards the end of Season Six for House, and after X3 in X-Men movieverse. Some reference to the Wolverine movie. Mostly gen, with background reference to Chase/Cameron and Chase/Jason Stryker.
- Art: chosenfire28
- Summary: Set after the events of Syfy's Alice. When Jack Heart, King of Wonderland, is accused of murdering his wife, Duchess, he flees through the Looking Glass to the only person he knows can clear his name. On this side of the Looking Glass, Abagail Sciuto, forensics expert for NCIS, is hiding a past that is coming back to haunt her courtesy of her little brother, Jack.
- Art: banner and icons by Xocoatldreams
CSI: New York
Bridge Over Frozen Water by Kathie (CSI:NY - Sheldon Hawkes/Don Flack). Word count: 18,128.
- Summary: When players of the New York Rangers hockey team are seemingly randomly attacked, and Don Flack, third-line center, is suspected to be involved in those attacks, Sheldon and Don have to deal with how this affects their relationship. (slash)
- Art: fanmix by ginny305
The Mind Of A Killer by hannah554 (CSI: New York - Flack/Angell, Danny/Lindsay). Word count: 19,150.
- Summary: New York is plagued by a serial killer, the police have no suspects and no solid leads. When FBI profilers are called in the case takes some unexpected turns and the price of catching the killer might be higher than anyone realises. (Violence, small mentions of sexual assault in relation to a case.)
- Art: brinchen86
With You By My Side by brinchen86 (CSI:NY - Danny/Lindsay). Word count: 20,458.
- Summary: Lindsay is working at a homeless shelter when one visitor catches her attention who only appears from time to time. Soon she speaks to Danny, the homeless man, for the first time. At first he refuses to talk to her but after an encounter where he protects her, he slowly starts to open up to her and she learns more about him and about his past. After a bit he also starts to accept her support. (het)
- Art: fanmix by hannah554
Titans of Industry by lady_sarai and zoe_chan (DC Comics). Word count: ~15,800.
- Summary: Wayne Enterprises, LexCorp and Queen Industries are all vying to win a high-stakes business deal and are sending in their best representatives--Tim Drake, Conner Luthor and Cissie King-Jones. While their fathers can hardly stand each other, they have managed to become friends outside the boardroom. The week before they are to face off for the deal, Wayne Enterprises and Queen Industries are broken into by someone dressed as Arrowette. When Conner knows too many details about Cissie's business proposal, Tim and Cissie begin to wonder if he isn't following in his father's footsteps after all. But that still doesn't explain who Arrowette is or why someone would frame Cissie.
- Art: banner, cover, and wallpaper by modestroad
A Greater Compliment by Azar (Doctor Who - implied Eight/Charley, Nine/Charley if you really squint). Word count: 19,936.
- Summary: An older, wiser Charley Pollard finds herself reunited with the Doctor while on undercover assignment for UNIT, but this isn't the Doctor she knew, and it'll take more than their shared history to make him trust her this time.
- Art: dustjacket by caersmane
The Dresden Files
Near Miss by beachkid & shiplizard (The Dresden Files, books). Word count: 42,300.
- Summary: Three years ago, Tony Vargassi died and left his flourishing criminal empire to his son Marco. Gang violence is rife in the streets, but Harry Dresden's concluded, reluctantly, that it isn't his kind of problem. He's about to find out that the real power behind Chicago's throne is a lot worse then a spoiled mobster's son -- and maybe more than he can handle.
John 'Johnny' Marcone is a mechanic with a bad limp and a bad history with Vargassi. He doesn't want to get back into the business of the Business; he barely escaped with his life the first time. But in Harry Dresden he sees enough raw power to save the city he loves. Will he risk it all to back his crazy friend against the powers that be?
And can Harry and his car survive what Chicago has in store for him, even with a full-time mechanic? (Slash)
- Art: insane_songbird
In the Land of Fairy Tales- Thumbelina's Memoirs by chibifukurou (Fairy Tales). Word count: 14,650.
- Summary: A gothic retelling of Hans' Chistian Andersen's Thumbelina. (Gen)
Jackal by catystorm (Fullmetal Alchemist). Word count: 17,829.
- Summary: Summary: The curious case of a woman found dead with her liver missing catches the attention of the Elric brothers.
"Anyway." He held his left hand up like he was weighing the choices. "Long-dead serial killer, no new victims, trail colder than the bodies he's left behind." Then he raised his right hand up, higher. "Fresh body, uncertain cause of death, possibly right in the middle of whatever the hell's going on."
"Ed, please don't let go of the wheel while you're driving, you give me gray hairs as it is." (Supernatural fusion)
- Art: fanmix by tortugax
1963 by kaitoujeanne (Gossip Girl - Blair/Nate, Serena/Nate (past), Serena/Dan, Blair/Chuck). Word count: 16,510.
- Summary: It's 1963 in the Upper East Side of Manhattan, and Blair Waldorf, following the map made by Holly Golightly, is the queen of the young well-to-do social set, aided by hotel owner Chuck Bass and her sweetheart Nate Archibald. But Serena van der Woodsen, who disappeared mysteriously a year ago, is back on the scene and bringing the unknown (and unwanted) Humphreys of the Upper West Side along with her. Meanwhile, the anonymous gossip column that the city only know as "The Column" reports -- and reveals -- their secrets.
- Art: sae
Rambling Through the Woods by sirwynai (Harry Potter). Word count: 15,127.
- Summary: Pansy Parkinson gets lost in the Forbidden Forest with Looney Luna Lovegood. With Death Eaters, werewolves, gytrashes, and Harry Potter, Pansy is sure that they won't make it out of the forest alive.
- Art: crescent_gaia
I Think I'll Have The Soup by liam22 (Heroes - Sylar/Claire). Word count: 17,335.
- Summary: “Because really, who gets blackmailed into marriage anymore?” A solo mission gone wrong, finds Claire stuck at a mysterious circus, after first being brainwashed, and then blackmailed into marriage. (het)
- Summary: “The key of the battle isn’t in the victory, it is in the dance—the dance between good and evil allows free will. That said, the true champion battles not just evil, but good as well.” (slash)
- Art: caersmane
Lives of Quiet Desperation by megume_legume (History Boys - Dakin/Irwin, Scripps, past Irwin/OFC). Word count: ?
- Summary: Ten years after Cutler’s, Dakin leaves law for journalism and lands his first project -- writing about the life of celebrated BBC historian, Tom Irwin.
- Art: skyearth85
New Day Rising by Tanaqui (Jericho). Word count: 15,970.
- Summary: A time-travel AU, sequel to scribblesinink’s Times Like These. Sent back in time, Jake Green has successfully prevented the September nuclear attacks. Armed with the memories of nearly a year of events that haven't happened, he must pick up his life and find a way to fix relationships that are once more broken. (Minor crossover elements with Supernatural.)
- Art: optimouse
- Summary: Once upon a time an Oklahoman bar owner placed an internet ad...
‘Bi-curious southern guy looking for a male somebody who might want to explore. Mid 30’s, not ugly, drinker, very occasional smoker. Absolutely not looking for love.’
And a Californian chef answered. (Slash, sex toys, masturbation)
- Art: fanmix and art by raggedy_edge
The Ford Job by hunters_retreat (Leverage - Nate/Eliot). Word count: ?
- Summary: Nate Ford was an ex-insurance investigator with a new team and a new way of life. In fact, Robin Hood had never looked so good. That was, until Nate's old boss decided it was time to get rid of the man that was scamming them time and time again. When they called in an assassin to take care of the job, they didn't just want his death. They wanted him betrayed first, wanted one of his own team to pull the trigger so he'd know the sting of it. Of course, they paid for the best. Eliot Spencer wasn't cheap but he was thorough. But what happens when the two men find something they both thought was beyond them? What happens when the two unlikeliest men in the business find a connection? (slash)
- Art: insane_songbird
The Lost Episode Job by scarlet_gryphon (Leverage, Eliot/Parker, Nate/Sophie). Word count: 15,261.
- Summary: The Leverage team has to pull a job on an enterprising media mogul/game show host. Eliot and Parker play the part of an engaged couple competing on the game show, Dare To Win, while Nate, Sophie, and Hardison con the host into thinking they're part of a company that wants to bring more attention to Dare to Win than just airing on the local TV stations. His Dark Materials/Leverage fusion. (het)
- Art: sian1359
There Was Fever In Her Hair by sequinedfairy (Leverage, Eliot/Hardison). Word Count: 15.5k.
- Summary: A high school AU! Hardison and Parker have been best friends since third grade, when Hardison showed Parker the wonders of selling things on ebay. Parker stole the next kid who made fun of Hardison's chair for the rest of the year. In detention with Sophie, the drama teacher, they meet Eliot, who does not have any type of crush on Hardison, for the record. Eliot does, however, have a proper understanding of the crazy that is Parker. As an alternative to detention, they are forced to take care of elementary school kids at an afterschool program a few days a week. It is special, to say the least.
- Art: optimouse
Magic Knight Rayearth
Touch of Grace by royalbk (Magic Knight Rayearth - Hikaru/Lantis, Fuu/Ferio). Word count: 22,883.
- Summary: After defeating Debonair, the Magic Knights are informed by their Rune Gods that it's time to go back to their own world once more. Desperate at the thought of never again seeing their loved ones, Hikaru and Fuu use the power of their will to bond their souls to Cephiro.
- Art: chibifukurou
- Summary: In the seven territories built out of the ruins of New York City, no one has managed to match Tony Stark as either a technologist or a unicorn rider. But when Tony's secrets come back to haunt him, even Captain Rogers and his mysterious lover might not be able to save him, or the city. (Violence, gore, mature themes and sex.)
- Art: soloproject
- Summary: AU at the end of Ultimates 2. Time passes. The Ultimates try to work out where they're going and what they're doing, with a moderate level of success.
- Art: covers by skyearth85
This Woman's War by tsukinofaerii (Marvel 1610: Ultimates - Stephanie (Steve) Rogers/Gail Richards; pre-Tony Stark/Steve Rogers). Word count: ~37,000.
- Summary: Stevie Rogers, the only known survivor of Operation Rebirth, has spent four years masquerading as Captain America, the hyper-masculine symbol of America. When she wakes up in a strange military hospital, surrounded by people who insist on the impossible, Stevie assumes what any right-thinking person would—that it's a secret Nazi base. All that's left is to break out and find her way back to the war. After all, she's got a promise to keep to the girl waiting on her back stateside. (Violence, Genderswap, non-explicit Femslash, pre-Het)
- Art: tsukinofaerii.
- Summary: Camelot Territory has had no Queen since Ygraine died in a power struggle between her husband, Prince Uther, and the Black Widow Priestess Nimueh. For twenty years, a male council has ruled the Territory, led by Prince Uther, unwilling to trust any witch with a claim to power. Now, a new generation is coming to maturity - among them, Uther's son, the Warlord Prince Arthur. And with the arrival of a young man from one of the outlying villages, a young Queen is about to come into power in Camelot. (Gen fusion with Black Jewels)
- Art: cover graphic and wallpaper by azarsuerte
- Summary: In order to win back the affections of an ex, Arthur has gotten himself caught up in a bet to transform the socially awkward into the socially acceptable. Features evil!Sophia, clueless!Merlin, hippy!Hunith and bit-of-a-tart!Will (in short: the highschool!AU that steals the plot from the She's All That movie) (slash)
- Art: Fanmix by arithilim
Still Time For You by torakowalski (NCIS - McGee/DiNozzo). Word count: 21,500.
- Summary: Modern Day High School AU.
"You go to college parties all the time," Tim grumbled, pulling his hand away from Abby's to suck grumpily on his chocolate milkshake.
"Yes," Abby agreed, "But I’m me and you're not."
Jimmy hummed like that made sense. Tim needed better friends. It was one college party; he'd be fine. Tony is 21 and Tim is 16. Also underage drunkenness. (Slash)
This Mortal Coil by debc (NCIS, Highlander - Gibbs/DiNozzo). Word count: 20,119.
- Summary: When Gibbs is shot in the line of duty, a secret is revealed to those who didn't already know it. The shooter, a man with a connection to Gibbs' past, will stop at nothing, including kidnapping a member of Gibbs' team to lure him out. Can Gibbs earn back the trust of his team (and the man he loves), so they can work together to save one of their own? (Slash)
- Art: cover by mella68
bounty on my heart by cutebunny43 (Power Rangers RPM - Dillon/K, Scott/Flynn, Gem/Gemma, Ziggy/Tenaya, mentions of past Venjix/K, and onesided Dillon/Summer and Venjix/Tenaya). Word count: 33,723.
- Summary: They're bounty hunters, not heroes. They're not out to save what's left of the world, they're just trying to survive in it. At the end of the day, that's all that matters. (slash)
- Art: bruised_candy
Pride and Prejudice
First Impressions by elizabeth_hoot (Pride and Prejudice - Henry/Catherine (Elizabeth/Darcy), Jane/Bingley, Mary/Collins). Word count: 37,000.
- Summary: When Henry Bennet, only son and heir to an eccentric country squire, crosses paths with Catherine Darcy of Pemberley, she publicly insults him and runs interference in his sister's romance. He loathes her, but Catherine finds herself reluctantly falling in love with him. (Het)
- Art: Fanmix by shopfront
What Once Was Lost by not_from_stars (Primeval - Taylor Craig/Becker, Abby Maitland/Stephen Hart, Jenny Lewis/Nick Cutter, Sarah Page/Connor Temple). Word count: 23,230.
- Summary: When Taylor Craig was 11 years old, two very amazing men saved her life from a place that she didn't understand. Sixteen years later, she presented herself to the head of the ARC, James Lester, only be told that both men had died shortly after their rescue of her. After doing some investigations through anomalies on her own, Taylor comes to realize that the world changed in too many ways since then and all of what was wrong would need to be rectified -- but she was also positive that only her two heroes could help them with that. So with her own determination and drive -- and the wordless support of Lester -- Taylor sets on a course to change time and bring the men back to where they belong.
- Art: fanmix and fanart by weaselett
- Summary: In the wake of the blackout, Bodie and Doyle have to deal with their contradictory flash-forwards. Present-day Professionals AU; FlashForward is AU from "Revelation Zero." (Slash)
- Art: mella68
Adventures in Politics by writer_atdusk (Pundit RPF - Keith Olbermann/Rachel Maddow, slight Keith/Chris Hayes). Word count: 15,100.
- Summary: Punditverse meets some kind of West Wing, except they're the ones running the show.
Let The Time Decide by windandthestars (Sanctuary - Helen/John; Henry, Ashley friendship). Word count: 15,349.
- Summary: When Nikola’s research falls into the wrong hands the Sanctuary team travels back to Victorian England to stop plans for global domination.
- Art: drawings by calcitrix
Delirien by lareinenoire (Shakespeare Henry VI (roughly), with flashbacks to Henry V). Word count: 21,332.
- Summary: In the giddy years of the early twentieth century, the families of York and Lancaster seem to have come to an uneasy truce when Humphrey Lancaster befriends young Richard York and offers him a chance to mend his wrecked fortunes. What neither of them anticipates is the war that will destroy everything they know.
- Art: Fanmix by cherith, Family Tree by gileonnen
For Truth, for Duty, and for Loyalty by gileonnen (The Tragedy of King Richard III - Ratcliffe/Richard III, Richard III/Anne, Catesby/Lovell, Stanley/Hastings, Hastings/Rivers, implied Stanley/Hastings/Rivers). Word count: 18,535.
- Summary: Richard of Gloucester has a plan for the planet of Albia, and Ratcliffe wants to be part of it. Science fiction AU.
- Summary: Welcome to Port Bowmore, Nova Scotia. Population 700. Dan and Casey, roommates since college, co-manage the town's sporting goods store. Dan (who is not-so-secretly in love with Casey) spends most of his time hunting the local longshoremen. Casey (who is very secretly in love with Dan) is sleeping with Sally Sasser, the town's ambulance chasing lawyer. When Bobby Bernstein comes to town to recruit Dan for a GM position at SportChek in Halifax, Casey has to confront his feelings for Dan, or lose him to the 'big city'. (slash)
- Summary: It's up to John Sheppard and Team Pretty of the Zelenka Institute for Aerodynamics, Engineering and Strategic Planning to find out what Koyla of the Genii Liberation League wants with the McKay siblings.
Choices by tenacious_err (Stargate Atlantis - John Sheppard/Elizabeth Weir). Word count: 18,252.
- Summary: After John Sheppard decides not the join the Atlantis expedition, and is kicked out the U.S. Air Force, he becomes a straggler. That is, until the ever annoying Rodney McKay finds out how strong his gene is – and John finds out he's the only one who can activate a device that will find Elizabeth Weir, now a Runner. Soon, he's unwillingly dragged on the adventure of a lifetime. (het)
- Art: icons and wallpaper by oparu
Grounded by velocitygrass (Stargate Atlantis - John Sheppard/Rodney McKay). Word count: 20,435.
- Summary: After spending over a decade researching for his second book, Rodney McKay has to face the loss of his money and home. John Sheppard, the grandson of an old friend of Rodney's, is happy to offer him a place to stay in his grandmother's boarding house that he plans to reopen. As they try to deal with their respective futures, their pasts catch up with them in ways that give both of their lives a new direction and new hope. (Slash)
Maybe Baby by omg_wtf_yeah (Stargate Atlantis - McKay/Sheppard). Word count: 27,000.
- Summary: After a one night stand, space fighter pilot John Sheppard and alien!Rodney don't expect to see each other again. Much to their surprise, not only are they deployed to the same overcrowded exploratory ship, their night together led to alien!Rodney carrying John Sheppard's baby. (MPreg, Slash)
- Art: antares04a
- Summary: What if the satellite worked? What if Earth hadn't come to Atlantis's rescue? (slash)
- Art: darthneko
Pegasus Quest by oparu (Stargate Atlantis - Sheppard/Weir). Word count: 16,622.
- Summary: Elizabeth Weir is an actress on the successful sci-fi drama, Pegasus X-Treme (a spin off of the wildly popular Wormhole X-Treme. Everything's going great until the end of the third season when the producers decide to 'take the show in another direction' and kill her character, the diplomat, Dr. Victoria Higginson. She could just get another job...but she's fallen in love with her costar, the scruffy-sex symbol, John Sheppard and she can't just leave without telling him.
On her last day of work, they set up an easy scene before lunch. Just a walk through their brand new Stargate set piece one that actually lights up and produces a water-like effect... (het)
- Art: azarsuerte
- Summary: When caravan master John Sheppard meets Lady Elizabeth Weir, Governor of Atlantis, his life gets a whole lot more interesting. Between sandstorms and bandits, his life was already pretty interesting, but he doesn't really mind the addition. (Het)
- Art: icons and wallpaper by oparu.
Time of Redemption by x_erikah_x (Stargate Atlantis). Word count: 15,470.
- Summary: Special Agent John Sheppard is an FBI agent set on protecting a witness. FBI!verse with John and Ronon friendship and several cameos by the other members of the team. (Gen)
- Art: haruechan
- Summary: After Sha're's death, Daniel has reluctantly become accustomed to life without her. Months later, Daniel is confronted with more readjustments when Sha're, apparently alive and well, meets him with news of impending peril and an enemy that transcends the bounds of reality itself. Soon, Jack and Daniel find themselves pulled away from the world they know and in the company of Sha're who guides them in a cross-universe misadventure to save both the world they know and worlds of lost dreams and hope never to be had. (Slash and het)
- Art: weaselett
Star Trek XI
- Summary: A story of vampires, kink, and family. You may want to read the original ficlet that started this verse.
- Summary: A White Collar-inspired Trek AU. Leonard McCoy is an FBI agent who spent years chasing after one Jim Kirk (it's not stalking if you're assigned to the case, dammit), and who figures he knows Kirk pretty damn well. But even he is baffled when Kirk pulls out a bold escape few months before his sentence is up. Could this be a beginning of a partnership? Or of something more? (Slash)
- Art: graphics and fanmix by merihn
To Dream of Wings by Saharra Shadow (Star Trek XI, Spock/Kirk/McCoy Friendship). Word count: 17,309.
- Summary: If there's one thing in his life that Jim Kirk had never dreamed of, it was having wings. Too bad. He might have been a little better prepared when they showed up. (Pre-slash)
- Art: chosenfire28
When Q Becomes Your Last Chance... by whiteraven1606 (Star Trek XI - Spock/Kirk/McCoy). Word count: 23,500.
- Summary: Jim Kirk gets himself de-aged and his crew can't figure out a way to fix it until Spock Prime makes a suggestion that leads to drastic actions. (Slash, contains non-graphic mentions of past underage non-con/rape)
- Art: story cover by chosenfire28
And Grace Will Lead Me Home by epiphanyx7 and unavoidedcrisis (Supernatural - Gabriel/Sam/Castiel/Dean; in all combinations). Word count: 45,000.
- Summary: In order to stop the apocalypse, Dean kills Lucifer -- saving the world, and dying in the process. But Dean's journey is far from over -- the pact he made with Lillith for his soul did not end when an angel pulled him from depths of hell. After the apocalypse, Castiel and Sam are left to pick up the shattered pieces of themselves. In the wake of Dean's death, things are not as easy as they used to be. Castiel finds himself trapped on Earth, with no hope of returning to the only home he's ever had, while Sam tries to remember who he is without his brother. Man and angel have nothing in common, aside from their mutual bonds to a man now dead and a future they must forge together, now that the hands of fate have released them. And they will find a purpose, find out who they are, and more importantly, will find a reason to keep going... even in the face of danger, even with the knowledge with every passing second, Sam is closer to the end of his life. And when he is gone, Castiel will be alone. Forever. (Virgin sacrifices, reincarnation, body transformations, epic levels of manpain all over the place, shouting, sex, language, violence, mildly disturbing themes, puppies, ice cream, rainbows, blasphemy, semi-graphic torture, character death, het, slash, angst, goldfish, consensual fraternal incest.)
- Art: sleepwalker1015
The Baking Angel by tiptoe39 (Supernatural - Dean/Castiel, some Sam/Gabriel). Word count: ~27,000.
- Summary: Castiel and Gabriel have been running their bakeshop for thirty years, waiting for the Vessels to show and signal the end of the world. When the waiting ends, the two brother angels find their loyalties -- and their world -- changing. Romance, brotherly love, and a hefty dose of brown sugar.
- Art: bumblee
Chemistry For Beginners by downfall35 (Supernatural - Dean/Castiel). Word count: 15,067.
- Summary: Castiel Novak is the new kid in school. His life takes an unexpected turn when he's paired with popular jock Dean Winchester for a science fair project. (Slash)
- Art: deadflowers5
- Summary: "You know my name, you know my face, you'd know my heart, if you knew my place." (Follow/Breaking Benjamin) When a not-so-fictional Dean finds himself in a world where his brother is actually Jared, his alleged filming partner, and he is supposed to be an actor on a TV show rather than a hunter, things spin a lot further out of control than even the Winchesters are used to. Can he find his way back to his own reality or is nothing of what he remembers reality in the first place? As Dean and Jared struggle to accept this new and unwanted situation, it takes a long and painful trip for both of them to realize what they have lost. But it's not always just about losing someone. (slash)
- Art: apieceofcake
Holy Clockwork Angels by ghostrunner7 (Supernatural - Jo/Ruby). Word count: 16,100.
- Summary: Steampunk AU complete with airships, gaslight, Victorian costume fantasies, and clockwork… everything. Ruby and Jo have to save the world. Probably.
“So, what’s the plan?” Jo asked several hours of fighting the elements later. “Search the entire city of Paris for an angel?”
Ruby looked sidelong at her and Jo paused in thought. “There’s a joke in there, somewhere,” she said, and Ruby grinned. (femslash)
- Art: fanmix by brilligspoons
House of Falling Cards by Casper (Supernatural - Dean/Jo). Word count: 17,000+
- My little Alice, how far you have fallen. Jo Harvelle is the daughter of a hunter. She is a friend to the Winchesters and also knows how to pack a punch. Unfortunately, Jo doesn't know who that is.
Images of Broken Light by amaresu (Supernatural - Dean/Alistair). Word count: ~16,500.
- Summary: Dean may have been brought back from Hell, but Hell followed after him. Faced with losing Sam to Ruby and surrounded by lies, Dean finds the only one telling him the truth is the demon that destroyed him. Slowly Dean finds himself being sucked back into Alistair's embrace.
- Art: Fanmix with art by the_disillusion
Kind Of The Same Way by trinipedia (J2). Word count: ~22,000.
- Summary: When Clay Miller, the US President, goes into a coma, Jared Padalecki, a sweet-natured and caring Temp Agency operator who by a staggering coincidence looks exactly like the President, finds himself stuck in the role indefinitely. The corrupt and manipulative Chief of Staff, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, plans to use Jared to elevate himself to the White House, but he doesn't count on Jared enjoying himself in office, using his luck and friends to make the country a better place and falling in love with the President's personal assistant, Jensen Ackles. (Slash)
- Art: inanna_maat
Legacy by Huggle (Superantural - Dean/Castiel). Word count: ~26,000.
- Summary:Something is out to get Castiel Novak. By chance, he encounters the Winchesters and their adopted father Bobby Singer. Dean, with Sam, has to face some unpleasant family secrets as he strives to protect Castiel from the thing that is after him.
- Summary: In a world where Meg Masters was saved, she and Sam Winchester reconnect. (het)
- Art: fanart by darkmagic_luvr.
Out of Our Shells by morcalivan (CWRPS - Jensen/Jared with background Mike/Misha). Word count: 19,493.
- Summary: After a chemical spill drastically changed their lives, four boys and their guardian set out to find a cure and take revenge on the people responsible. That is, if they can put their differences aside and learn to work together. (in short: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles inspired superhero origin fic that also doubles as HighSchool!AU) (slash)
- Summary: Purity is a well-respected company that provides Life Companions for those wealthy enough to purchase them. They come from Clean Homes that are free of disease and are trained to be assistants, friends or lovers - whatever their possessor desires. Jared doesn't want a Life Companion but it's family tradition. When his Life Companion arrives, chosen to fit his specific needs and wants, he's a bit shocked that rather than a woman, he has a Jensen. Fortunately, there's a thirty day trial period to see if they are a fit. (slash, futuristic slavery)
- Art: insane_songbird
Right Where We Belong by shanaqui (Supernatural). Wordcount: 18,533.
- Summary: When John dies, Dean ends up at the roadhouse and is brought up by Ellen as Jo's big brother. Growing up there is no protection, though -- not when the apocalypse is about to start. Contains: Angst, violence, a happy ending.
- Art: fanmix by atomic89
To Better Suit Your Moves by insomnia_geek (SPN/CW RPS - Jared/Jensen, some Chad/Sophia and JDM/Samantha Ferris). Word count: 37,724.
- Summary: J2 AU based on the Baz Lurhmann movie Strictly Ballroom. Jared is a champion ballroom dancer who's lost his partner and his passion just weeks before Nationals. Jensen's a beginner who knows music like he breathes but needs a teacher to compete. Neither knew that their partnership of convenience would turn into so much more, or how learning to dance their own steps could uncover secrets long buried. As dance studio politics and their passion both reach a fever pitch, they have to decide what they really want out of life -- winning, or love. (Slash)
- Art: fanmix and Fanart by insane_songbird
Crossroads by akisawana (Transformer. G1 Seekers). Word count: ~22,000.
- Summary: I sold my soul to my father’s devil to keep the kids safe.
Dynamics of a War by ilyena_sylph and merfilly. (Transformers: Shattered Glass Continuity). Word count: 17,307.
- Summary: "Botcon Shattered Glass has become a staple of the idea of what Transformers' MirrorVerse might look like, and has been expanded on time and again in fanfic and magazines alike, yet... there is as much room for exploration there as in any of their other canons. Many takes on a MirrorVerse demand a complete inversion of the source material, but in this one, it is more of a 'what if' scenario. We've taken aspects of canon personalities, such as Starscream's past as a scientist, or Sunstreaker's artistic nature, and brought them to the forefront within the web of Shattered Glass's writing. Concepts from various canons exist, such as the Overlord, the Senate, Primus...and we've kept them in the same alignment as in a 'normal universe'. Switching the various characters on that backdrop is enough for us to paint our story..." (Warnings: Violence on large scale, character deaths, atrocities against individuals and groups alike will be present. This is a story set inside a violent, nasty war.)
- Art: fanmix by katharos
The Three Musketeers
Outside Under Broken Leaves by quoshara and speak_me_fair (The Three Musketeers). Word count: ~157,000.
- Summary: A modern-day prequel to The Three Musketeers modern-day AU "The Book Of Thoth". In this story that answers 'how they met', the Sûreté, Interpol, the Interior, Paris and Rome are the stage. Crossover with the second tetralogy Shakespeare modern-day AU 'Crescive In His Faculty', created by gileonnen. (slash, het)
- Art: speak_me_fair.
The Archivist by crescent_gaia (Torchwood - Jack/Ianto, Ianto/Gween, and Rhys/Gwen). Word count: 17,845.
- Summary: The story of Ianto Jones with a very big twist thrown in.
The Day We Were Born and Started the War by smaragdbird (X-Men Movieverse - John/Bobby, Rogue/Logan, Remy/Creed). Word count: 15,027.
- Summary:In a world where neither Xavier nor Magneto ever existed Rogue, John, Angel, Remy, and Piotr try to live their lives in an environment hostile towards mutants. All of them have mostly found a way to make their living if not legally then illegally. Rgue works in a bakery belonging to a friend of Logan, Piotr sells portraits, Jubilee shows lightening tricks and John prostitutes himself and, along with Remy, does minor work for a scientist called Nathaniel Essex. When more and more bodies of mutants are found in and around Boston Rogue soon learns that all of them are deeply entangled in those disapperances and Angel, who talked about his past even less than the rest of them, is an important character for many important people.
- Art: fanmix by wishfulclicking