James T. Kirk (TOS)
|Name:||James Tiberius Kirk|
|Relationships:||Was married to Miramanee while amnesiac, she and their unborn child died. Had a son, David Marcus, with Carol Marcus, who was killed by Klingons.|
|Fandom:||Star Trek: TOS|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
James T. Kirk (played by William Shatner) was introduced in the first episode of the original Star Trek TV series (not counting the original, unaired pilot, "The Cage") and starred in all three seasons and seven subsequent movies.
(please refer to Memory Alpha for more information)
The first season episode "The Conscience of the King" reveals that a young Kirk had been present on the colony Tarsus IV during a genocide. This incident, mentioned only once on the show, is a popular source of angst in Kirk-centric fanworks, mostly fic. There are communities dedicated to Tarsus IV, tarsus_iv_fic on LJ, and another on ff.net, and Shadowloverk maintains a thematic list for these.
- Kirk/Spock - was a juggernaut pairing long before the term was invented
cover of Spectrum #23 by Merrie K.
Art from First Time #46 by Shelley Butler
Cover of Interstat #96 by Merle Decker
- In Defense of Tomcat by Connie Faddis (1977)
- I Admit It—Kirk is Better Than Picard, by Emily Asher-Perrin at Tor.com (October 10, 2013)
Archives and Links
- James T. Kirk, Original Series tag at Archive of Our Own
- James T. Kirk, Original Series at FanFiction.net
- James T. Kirk at Trekiverse
- Fic Rec List: Tarsus IV (accessed 3 April 2010)