|Name:|| Pietro Maximoff|
Peter Maximoff (X-Men Movieverse)
|Relationships:|| Magneto & Magda (parents); |
Wanda Maximoff (twin sister), Anya (sister), Lorna Dane (half-sister), Nina Gorsky (XMM half-sister);
Django & Marya Maximoff (adoptive parents);
Luna Maximoff (daughter),
Thomas and William Maximoff (nephews); Tommy Shepherd and Billy Kaplan (reincarnation of nephews), Talia Josephine Wagner (AU!Professor W's X-Men niece)
|Fandom:||The Avengers (Marvel), Marvel Ultimate Universe, The Avengers Movieverse MCU, X-Men: Evolution, Wolverine and the X-Men, The Super Hero Squad Show, X-Men Movieverse, X-Men: The Animated Series|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Pietro Maximoff also known as Quicksilver, is from the Marvel Comics.
Quicksilver is a mutant with the ability of speed.
Wolverine and the X-Men
Pietro is played by Evan Peters in the X-Men Movieverse part X-Men: Days of Future Past. Pietro goes by "Peter" in the film. He helps Logan, Hank McCoy, and Charles Xavier break Magneto out of prison underneath the Pentagon. Both his mother and sister appear briefly in the film as well, and he hints at his father's identity very lightly about his mother knowing a man with magnetic powers years before.
Peter also starred in X-Men: Apocalypse (2016), where he appears at the X-Mansion just as it's exploding - he manages to save everyone besides Havok. He had come to the mansion because he heard about the Magneto appearance in Europe - and knowing Erik is his father - and had hoped that Xavier would be able to find him. Colonel William Stryker's forces subsequently capture him, Hank, Raven, Moira, and take them to a military facility for interrogation, he and the others are rescued by Scott, Jean and Kurt. Peter decides not to tell Erik that he is Erik's son. He is last seen as a new X-Men besides Scott, Jean, Kurt, and Ororo.
In the film, Pietro first appears alongside his sister as part of Hydra force trying to destroy The Avengers team, having joined due to Tony Stark's weapons destroyed their family. They eventually join Ultron after he murders Baron Wolfgang von Strucker. The Avengers attack Ultron and the Maximoffs, but Wanda subdues them with haunting visions. As Ultron uploads himself into a body created by Helen Cho, Wanda is able to read his mind; discovering his plan for human extinction, the Maximoffs turn against Ultron. They then turn to the Avengers for help and join their team. Pietro eventually is killed during the battle against Ultron, having saved the lives of Clint Barton and a child he was trying to save. Wanda kills Ultron in return, ripping out his "heart" as he had hers with her brother's death.
Other Animated Appearances
Many fans held out hope that Pietro's death at the end of the AOU would be fixed due to Phil Coulson's resurrection, but Joss Whedon had stated that this death was permanent. Some had theorized that this was because of the X-Men Movieverse version of Pietro is still alive.
Common Tropes & Fanon
- Fuck the retcon: In 2015 Pietro's origins suffered a drastic change when ot was revealed he wasn't a mutant or Magneto's son. This was largely hated by fans, since it made no sense and destroyed one of Marvel's most beloved and important families. Because of this several decided to just ignore the retcon in fanworks.
- He talks really fast, some authors often combined words in a sentence to imitate it.
Wolverine and the X-Men
Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Fix-it fics are extremely common for the ending of TA2 aka his death. Many writers have simply extremely injured from the multiple shots he received where Helen Cho or another doctor would be able to save his life. He'd often spend weeks or months in a coma due to this. In others, he would have died as well, however someone (usually Darcy Lewis) would be able to resurrect/completely heal him.
- AUs in which Pietro and Wanda would be adopted or mentored by Clint Barton and his family.
In Marvel Comics, Pietro's pairings mainly include:
- Remy LeBeau/Pietro Maximoff (Quicksilver/Gambit)
- Crystal Amaquelin/Pietro Maximoff (Quicksilver/Crystal)
- Clint Barton/Pietro Maximoff (Quicksilver/Hawkeye)
- Pietro Maximoff/Wanda Maximoff (Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch)
In X-Men: Evolution, his pairings mainly include:
In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, his pairings mainly include:
In the X-Men Movieverse, his pairings mainly include:
MCU & XMM:
- me too by Nameless Tory
- HEY MAMMA by KIDREACT2
- never be like you by RobertaJully (Quicksilver/Jean Grey)
- on my string by RobertaJully (Quicksilver/Jean Grey)
Archives and Fannish Links
- Quicksilver works tagged at AO3
- Quicksilver works at FFN (Avengers Comics category)
- Quicksilver works at FFN (X-Men: Evolution category)
- Quicksilver at Wikipedia
- Quicksilver at Marvel Database
- Quicksilver at Comic Vine
- Quicksilver at UXM.
- Quicksilver at X-Men Evolution Wiki
- Avengers (1st series) #16
- X-Men: Evolution Season 1 Episode 5 "Speed & Spyke"
- Never should two of the same comic book character appear in to different adaptations at the same time. Smallville had that problem with Batman and his characters due to the Nolanverse appearing at the same time (This is later overturned once Smallville Season 11 comics appeared adding Batgirl to the character line-up.). We can also see it again for the Arrowverse and Suicide Squad film: characters that would appear in the film and had made appearances on Arrow, their Arrowverse versions were killed.