|Name:|| Kurt Wagner |
Kurt Darkholme (AU!Age of Apocalypse)
|Occupation:||Superhero; student (X-Men: Evolution)|
|Location:||New York, USA|
|Status:||Depends on which universe|
|Relationships:|| Raven Darkholme (Mystique, mother), Azazel (father), Margali Szardos (adoptive mother), |
Graydon Creed (half-brother), Rogue (foster sister), Nils Styger (Abyss, half-brother), Kiwi Black (half-brother), Stefan Szardos (adoptive brother, deceased), Amanda Sefton (Magik II, adoptive sister/love interest),
Talia Josephine Wagner (Nocturne, AU!Professor W's X-Men daughter), Blue (AU!Days of Future Past daughter), T.J. Wagner (AU!X-Men: The End son), Cerise Wagner (AU!X-Men: The End daughter),
Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch, love interest), Kymri (AU!The End wife)
|Fandom:||Marvel Comics, X-Men, X-Men Movieverse, X-Men: Evolution, Wolverine and the X-Men, Ultimate X-Men|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Kurt Wagner is the alter ego of Nightcrawler from the Marvel Comics series The X-Men. He generally appears as a main character in all the X-Men universes such as Marvel Comics: Earth-616, Ultimate X-Men, X-Men: Evolution, Wolverine and the X-Men, and X-Men Movieverse.
Nightcrawler possesses the mutant ability to teleport short-distances. Also his mutation is also physical - due to it, he has enhanced night vision, superhuman agility, prehensile tail, and ability to stick to walls.
He made his first animated appearance in an episode of Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (in 1981) voiced by Stanley Jones. He also appears as a main character in the 1989 pilot of Pryde of the X-Men voiced by Neil Ross. Kurt only makes two appearances in the X-Men: The Animated Series voiced by Paul Haddad. Nightcrawler had two main animated character roles in X-Men: Evolution where he is voiced by Brad Swaile and in Wolverine and the X-Men voiced by Liam O'Brien.
- Fuzzy Blue Elf - probably the most common nickname for Kurt.
- "Bamf!" - Is the sound that he makes when he teleports, it's often used in fanfics (and canonically in the comics) as a way to tell when he uses his power.
- See List of X-Men Pairing Names for a list of Kurt-related pairing names.
The first major pairing for Kurt in the Evolution universe was Kitty/Kurt, later Kurt/Tabitha gained popularity in Season 2 and with the appearance of Amanda Sefton (and her accepting him for who and what he looked like) - the Kurt/Amanda pairing gained popularity.
The most popular pairing for Kurt in the Movieverse is Kurt/Ororo due to their canon interactions during X2. With Kurt's appearance in X-Men Apocalypse, a few more pairings appeared within the fandom: Kurt/Warren, Kurt/Pietro, and Kurt/Scott.
Wolverine and the X-Men
Communities and Archives
- Nightcrawler works tagged on AO3
- Nightcrawler (Kurt W.) works at FFN under the X-Men comics category.
- Nightcrawler works at FFN under the X-Men: Evolution category.
- Nightcrawler works at FFN under the WXM category.
- Nightcrawler works at FFN under the X-Men Movieverse category.
Links and Resources
- Nightcrawler at the Marvel Database
- Nightcrawler at Uncanny X-Men.net
- God's Child, Kurt's fanlisting
- Nightcawler Fanclub
- Kurt Wagner Fanclub
- NC Luv Club
- Blue Fuzz Ball Fans
- Of Shifting and Bamfing (Kurt, Mystique & Azazel)
- Kurmanda (Kurt/Amanda)
- Bamf Central
- A Demon's Eyes (static)
- Blue Fuzz Ball (static)
- Fuzzy Elf (static)
- Night's Demon (defunct)
- Blue Fuzzy Elf (defunct)
- Dark Blue Obsession (defunct)
- Kurt's Ledge (defunct)
- Wagnerszenen (defunct)
- Amphibians and Brimstone (Kurt/Toad)
- Misled Outcasts (Rogue & Kurt, static)
- Rogue and the Demon (Rogue & Kurt, defunct)