|Publisher:||originally Our Little Secret Press, which became Neon Rainbow Press|
|Editor(s):||Jody Norman & Cinda Gillilan|
|Date(s):||1990 – 2008|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
From a 1993 flyer:
COMPADRES is a multi-media team and buddy zine. We'll take fiction,poems, filks and art on any series, old or new, that: deals with partners or a team (or partner-up a lone hero like MacGyver, Stingray or Michael Burton with secondary characters, and we recognize and feel we can adequately edit (unless you're willing to make episodes available for us to watch so we can get to know series and characters).
We do take crossovers, alternative universe, fantasy and parallel universe stories. Adult material will be considered. No slash.
Series we'd like to see include:
SCI-FI/FANTASY: War of the Worlds, Fantastic Journey, Battlestar Galactica, V: The Series, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Alien Nation, Predator, Super Force, Max Headroom, Quantum Leap, Shadow Chasers, Gemini Man, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Shades of LA, New Dark Shadows
ACTION ADVENTURE: Devlin Connection, Riptide, Houston Knights, Counterstrike, Hardball, Street Justice, Lethal Weapon, Airwolf, Equalizer, Stingray, MacGyver, Lightning Force, Supercarrier, Grand Slam, Jake and the Fatman, Nasty Boys, Sunset Beat, Hollywood Beat, Human Target, Raven, SableRobin of Sherwood, Real Ghostbusters, Wizards and Warriors.
Compadres 1 was published in 1990 and contains 348 pages.
- The Heavy Hand of Justice by Valerie DeVries ("Kid and Jimmy end up in a small town with a crooked sheriff, and things turn deadly.") (The Young Riders) (22)
- Encounters by Lydia Saylor ("Heyes and the Kid split up, and guess what, things go bad for both of them!") (Alias Smith and Jones) (16)
- The Price of Perfection by Dakotah ("When Clive feels responsible for nearly getting Jack killed, he does the only thing he can do – he quits.") (Bordertown) (24)
- Time's Redemption by Dakotah ("The Kid goes to sleep with some serious second thoughts about sticking with Heyes. He wakes up in the middle of WWII, in the body of one Lt. Danko, who's got a new recruit in his unit, a man named Heyes.") (Alias Smith and Jones/Dirty Dozen: The Series) (33)
- Stormy Weather by Linda Knights ("Lt. Larry Casey has a serious problem – he's afraid to fly!") (Baa Baa Black Sheep) (19)
- Where the River Meets the Sea by Gillian Holt ("Ironhorse needs some time off, and Harrison knows just the right place for him to spend it. Too bad neither man anticipated the dangers that might be waiting for the Colonel.") (War of the Worlds) (reprinted in Green Floating Weirdness #19) (38)
- Double, Double Toil and Trouble by Sheila Paulson ("Peter comes home a day early, or did he? When ghosts decide it's time to get even, there's hell to pay!") (The Real Ghostbusters) (19)
- Reconciliation by Tine Philips ("Robin, the Boy Wonder, drops in on Batman to explain some hard choices he's had to make.") (Batman/The Titans) (2)
- It's an Excellent Life by El Kaye ("Family trouble can drive you over the edge, but what do you do when you've run away from home and then run into your parents... on their honeymoon.") (Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure) (34)
- Secrets by Sue-Anne Hartwick .("A bump on the head can do some strange things to a man's thoughts.") (The Professionals) (3)
- A Little Time Alone by Caroline Craig ("A frame, a kidnapping... can Matt prove Vince is still a good cop, or will he lose another friend?") (Matt Houston) (22)
- A Whiter Shade of Pale by L.A. Adolf ("This story picks up just after the episode "Barump Bump," and traces Frank's recovery.") (Wiseguy) (24)
- Fast Lane by D.D. Brischke ("Mark wants to help an old friend who is on a fast track to death, but can he make the Judge believe him?") (Hardcastle and McCormick) (61)
- Final Encounter by Alison Wilson ("A return engagement with our favorite knife-wielding nurse.") (Starsky and Hutch) (18)
- poetry by Sue-Anne Hartwick
Compadres 2 was published in October 1992 and contains 288 pages. It's content was 100% Westerns.
- Decisions (by Lana G. Merkel) Paradise. Ethan has a tough choice to make, and he seeks out some advice from John Taylor. (4)
- Breaking Up Is Hard to Do (by Paula Smus) Alias Smith and Jones. Heyes and Curry have split up, but Fate has other plans for the partners. (16)
- Honor Among Thieves (by Carol Mingst) Alias Smith and Jones. Heyes and Curry find themselves involved in the most unusual circumstances... (34)
- Cannon Ball Outlaw (by Cheryl Benson) Alias Smith and Jones and F-Troop. When a stray cannon ball has one of the F-Troop thinking he's one of the most successful outlaws in the history of the West, what's a real outlaw to do? (5)
- Rendezvous in Purgatory (by Lydia Saylor) Alias Smith and Jones. When Heyes and the Kid are forced to split up, everything that can go wrong, does go wrong. (41)
- Seen Through the Eyes of Strangers (by Krista Lebednik) Big Valley. Heath's having a hard time with the Holidays, but a young man and his family are there to help. (13)
- Family Matters (by Dakotah) Alias Smith and Jones, Big Valley, and Lancer. The Barkleys and the Lancers are feuding, and Heyes and Curry are caught in the middle. Can the two ex-outlaws uncover the truth before both families lose a son? (55)
- The Crossing (by Jeanine Sorel) Bordertown. Jack is visited by a woman from his past, a gypsy who brings more than bad memories. (16)
- Survival of the Stubbornest (by Dakotah) Bordertown. Jack Craddock is a damned hard man to kill, especially when Clive's around! (35)
- The Beginning (by Jill Collins) The Young Riders. Buck is heading to Sweetwater to join the Pony Express and the last thing he expected to find is a mute boy along the way. (20)
- Ike's Burro (by Jill Collins) The Young Riders. Some boys just have to have a pet, but putting Ike and burro together is just asking for trouble! (10)
- The Last Bullet (by Valerie DeVries) The Young Riders. The Indians were warring and Kid sees the terrible results. When he can't put a suffering man out of his misery, he has a crisis of conscience. (19)
- Plus poetry by Lynn Gill, Sue-Anne Hartwick, Carol MelAmbassador, Lana G. Merkel, and Jeanine Sorel.
- Art work by Jill Collins, Lana G. Merkel, Pamela Sherlock, and Mary Wheeler.
Compadres 3 was published in November 1992 and contains 295 pages. Art by Margaret McNickell, Sharon Palmer, Lana G. Merkel, Sue Williams, Anja Gruber.
The content was fantasy and science fiction.
- Shadows by Carol Mingst ("Heyes and Curry have an encounter with a dragon.") (Alias Smith and Jones/Amber) (30)
- The Wreck by Sheila Paulson ("While investigating a haunting the Ghostbusters run into trouble, and a serious car accident.") (The Real Ghostbusters) (40)
- Office Temp of a Lesser God by Dee Beetem and Margaret McNickle ("The Ghostbusters hire an office temp when Jeanine take some time off, and as a result Egon discovers some secrets about his past.") (The Real Ghostbusters) (31)
- The Gettysburg Address by Brenda A. ("The Ghostbusters are at Gettysburg to do a little research, but the aliens are there, too. When Ray is hurt in the battle, Peter feels responsible. Can Ironhorse get through to the man?") (The Real Ghostbusters/War of the Worlds) (62)
- Thy Rod and Thy Staff by Gillian Holt ("The aliens are testing a new biological weapon and Ironhorse is exposed. The Blackwood Project race against time to keep the Colonel from dying.") (reprinted in Yea Though I Walk ) (War of the Worlds) (41)
- Rogan's Dog by Sue Collins ("Can a werewolf really be tamed? Rogan thinks so, and he's determined to find out.") (werewolf) (27)
- Memory Addition by Christine Wirick ("Sam leaps home again, but is he ready to learn an ugly truth about his past, and more importantly, can he stop it from happening again?") (Quantum Leap) (10)
- Valley of the Shadow by Krista Lebednik ("Sam leaps home, but he's also dying. Will he and Al be able to make the really hard choices?") (Quantum Leap) (10)
- Code of Silence by Sue Williams ("Matt is kidnapped and drugged. Will his own nightmares destroy him, or will George be able to reach him in time?") (Alien Nation) (14)
- Pictures of the Mind by Cheryl Benson ("A short story that looks into hidden pasts.") (Star Trek: The Next Generation) (7)
- poetry by Marcia Brin, Melva L. Giffords, Sue-Anne Hartwick, Carol MelAmbassador, and Lana G. Merkel. Art work by Anja Gruber, Margaret McNickle, Lana G. Merkel, Sharon M. Plamer, and Sue Williams
Compadres 4 was published in January 1993 and has 215 pages.
The content was action/adventure.
- B.A.R. (by Susan Asselin) ("Sanders is hurt, but he manages to find his B.A.R..") (Combat) (8)
- A Silent Cry (by Valerie DeVries) ("Feke and Leeds are captured and sent to a German POW camp. Can the rest of the Dozen rescue them in time?.") (Dirty Dozen: The Series) (24)
- Flash Gordon Never Dies (by Lynn Gill) ("A secret mission in Germany goes wrong and Danko is nearly killed. Luckily he gets some help from a few unexpected sources. (Dirty Dozen: The Series) Also in The Dispatch #6. (20)
- A Father's Love (by Karen Rhodes) ("The murder of a young child has Chin a little rattled, but that's just the beginning of this insightful tale.") (Hawaii Five-O) (17)
- Sharing (by Mary L. Millard) ("Starsky's out of the hospital after Gunther's attack, and he's ready to start a new life, with a little help from Hutch.") (Starsky and Hutch) (4)
- Season of Miracles (by Londa Pfeffer) ("Things aren't going too well for the two partners, but suffering does build character....") (Starsky and Hutch) (7)
- From the Heart (by Mary L. Millard) ("The partners learn that friendship is a treasure beyond all measure.") (Starsky and Hutch) (7)
- Name of the Lost (by Gena Fisher) ("Adventures abound when Bodie and Doyle spend a night in a cemetery.") (The Professionals) (8)
- Case Closed (by Carol MelAmbassador) ("A short story.") (Magnum PI) (2)
- To Protect and Serve and If You Could Know What I Know (by Melinda Reynolds) ("Two missing scenes.") (Hardcastle and McCormick) (13)
- Transcending the Barriers (by Annie E. Emley) ("Lundy and LaFiamma find themselves caught up in a nasty hostage situation.") (Houston Knights) (10)
- Time Enough (by Londa Pfeffer) ("A post-recovery story. Riggs comes to terms with Rika's death.") (Lethal Weapon 2) (9)
- The Surprise (by Sue-Anne Hartwick) ("A short story. (Lethal Weapon) (4)
- Walkin' Talkin' Miracle (by Cinda Gillilan) ("Riggs is back to work, but right back in trouble, only this time it's going to take help from the dead to save him. And the living can only wait.") (Lethal Weapon) Reprinted in Black Magic #3. (18)
- The Favor: Bequeathed (by Cinda Gillilan) ("Ray just wanted a few days to recover from a mission gone bad, what he finds is a new friend, and trouble.") (Singray) Reprinted in Black Magic #1. (22)
- Back in Russia Affair (by Tammy L. Croft) ("Illya's in Russia when the Soviet Union falls.") (The Man From UNCLE) (7)
- Enigma (by Krista Lebednik) ("Mac gets some help from Father Pat.") (MacGyver) (12)
Compadres 5 was published in late 1993 and contains 279 pages.
- The Storm (by Jill Collins) Young Riders. The riders are caught in a blizzard and the Kid is nearly killed. (14)
- The Trial (D.G. Collins) Young Riders. When outlaws escape and kidnap Lou, it's up to the rest of the riders to bring her back before her secret is revealed. (29)
- My Brother's Keeper (by Carol E. King) Bordertown. A stranger has entered Bordertown, and Clive is acting very strangely. Can Jack uncover what's going on before the Mountie destroys his career and maybe gets himself killed? (107)
- Merry Christmas, Sergeant Sanders (by Susan Asselin) Combat. Just another Holiday in Europe? Well, sort of, but nothing's ever just what it seems. (5)
- Two Blonds Don't Make a Blight (by Pete R. Torque) Alias Smith and Jones and The Man From UNCLE. Can Heyes and Curry help Napoleon and Illya stop a desperate plot to destroy the world? And what secret are the agents keeping from the partners? (19)
- Against His Will (by Karen Rhodes) Hawaii Five-O. Danny is still suffering from the aftershocks of a dabble into hypnosis. Will it be the end of his career, or can Steve put aside his own concerns and convince the detective he's still the same cop he was before? (16)
- Ride of a Lifetime (by Lynn Gill) Houston Knights. Stolen fireworks are on the streets and Lundy and LaFiamma track down a load at a riding stable. When the suspect flees on horseback, Lundy finds himself taking the ride of a lifetime... Reprinted from Partners and Friends. (6)
- Together (by Heidi Bloebaum) Lethal Weapon. A short story! (2)
- The Thin Line (by Tammy L. Croft) The Man From UNCLE and Nightmare Cafe. Illya drops into the cafe after a major trauma and finds himself caught up in events he can no longer control. (9)
- Giving Up the Ghost (by Sheila Paulson) The Real Ghostbusters. Slimer makes a fateful wish and it's granted. He's human, but then he and the Ghostbusters learn that being human has its drawbacks, especially when friends sacrifice themselves to save you. (23)
- Sanity Maintenance (by Gillian Holt) War of the Worlds. Harrison just can't put Paul's near brush with death aside, and it's slowly destroying the Project. In a desperate attempt to save the team, Ironhorse turns to professional help, and the prescription is a trip down the Colorado River. (30) (reprinted in Yea Though I Walk)
Compadres 6 was published in 1994 and contains 216 pages.
- Manhood (by Jill Collins) Young Riders. Cody makes arrangements to expand Ike's horizons, but no one is really pleased with the idea, even Ike. (13)
- The Tornado (by Jill Collins) Young Riders and Bonanza. When Ike is trapped in the barn after a tornado, it takes more than just the riders to get him out. Good thing Ben Cartwright and his boys are in Sweetwater. (24)
- Unwelcome Change (by Carol Mingst) Alias Smith and Jones. Stranger things have happened to Hannibal Heyes, but Kid Curry would be hard pressed to guess what. What does one of the most successful outlaws in the history of the West do when he wakes up a woman? (26)
- Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Time (by Valerie DeVries) Jericho. The Jericho team have to infiltrate a German hospital to see what the Nazis are up to now, but nothing is ever as easy as it sounds. (20)
- Test Results (by Londa Pfeffer) Professionals. Doyle's been shot, but he's finally ready to return to duty. The question is: Is Bodie ready for Doyle to return to duty? (9)
- Just Another Christmas in Cowboyland (by Lynn Gill) Houston Knights. Lundy and LaFiamma are both thinking about past Christmases while they're stuck working over the current one. Reprinted from Partners and Friends. (6)
- Father's Day (by Sue-Ann Hartwick) Lethal Weapon. Riggs and Roger are out fishing, and dealing with problems. (4)
- Unaware (by Gretchen Felix) Houston Knights. A case from LaFiamma's past comes back to haunt him, complete with witches and ritual sacrifices. He survived the first time, but it's up for grabs this time. (23)
- Thoughts at a Wedding (by Londa Pfeffer) Lethal Weapon 3. A peek into Roger's thoughts on his partner's wedding day. (1)
- Lean on Me (by Londa Pfeffer) Houston Knights. LaFiamma's anniversary in Houston arrives, and with it a change in the detective's mood. Can Lundy uncover the reason for his partner's sudden depression, or is he the cause? (19)
- Sore Thoughts (by Llyr Chaves, Angelica Cooper-Smith & Cinda Gillilan) The Devlin Connection. An old nemesis returns to haunt Brian and he targets Devlin's one weakness - Nick - in order to hurt him. But is that the real truth? Reprinted in Black Magic #1. (20)
- Thin Ice (by Gillian Holt) War of the Worlds. Harrison Blackwood and Colonel Ironhorse are chasing aliens in a remote section of the Sierra Nevada mountains when the California drought finally breaks. Snow covers the area in waves of severe storms. It looks like the aliens might win this round, unless Harrison can keep Ironhorse alive long enough for the Omegans to return for them before the next major blizzard hits. (26) (reprinted in Yea Though I Walk)
- Plus poetry by Tammy L. Croft.
Compadres 7 was published in 1994 and contains 252 pages.
- Rattlesnake (by Rowena Warner) Roy Rogers. A pretty viper from back East has her eye on Roy, and Dale isn't helping the situation. (32)
- Worth Mentioning (by Alison Wilson) Gunsmoke. Matt Dillon is back in Dodge, the trouble is, there's always more work to be done... (7)
- Professor Plum, In the Cooler, with a Bouncing Betty (by Cheryl Benson) Dirty Dozen: The Series and Hogan's Heroes. The Dirty Dozen go to Germany to rescue a friend of Danko's, getting help from Colonel Hogan and his merry band. (14)
- There's No Place Like... (by Cindy Rancourt) Starsky and Hutch. Starsky's recovering from Gunther's near-fatal attack, and Hutch knows it's time for a serious life-change. Will Starsky go along with Hutch's plans, the blond is determined to make sure he does. (85)
- Too Dangerous To Know (by Londa Pfeffer) A missing scene from Houston Knights. Lundy might have saved his new partner's life, but now he's having second thoughts about the man. (4)
- Emotional Involvement (by Londa Pfeffer) A missing scene from Houston Knights. LaFiamma's latest lady friend is dead, drowned in her own pool, and the cops suspect Joey might have had a hand in her death. (11)
- Lex-Talions (by Theresa Evans) Wiseguy. When Vinnie is shot, Frank and Lifeguard do all they can to help him, but they need help, and Roger Loccoco is the only one they can trust. (35)
- Won't You Come Home? (by Gillian Holt and Llyr Chaves) War of the Worlds and Dirty Dozen: The Series. Ironhorse and Blackwood find themselves caught between a medieval castle full of German soldiers and a gypsy-cursed American commando unit sent to infiltrate the castle and retrieve the wreckage of an experimental German plane that is really an alien warship. Also in Green Floating Weirdness #21. (20)
Compadres 8 was published in 1994 and contains 218 pages.
- The Mindfields of Memories (by Londa Pfeffer) Walker, Texas Ranger. After responding to the suicide of a decorated Vietnam vet, the memories Trivette thought were long buried bubble to the surface. (14) (won a 1995 FanQ)
- Waiting (by Alison Wilson) Walker, Texas Ranger. Walker's waiting to hear about a blood test, and Alex is waiting for a different revelation. (8)
- Posse (by L.A. Carr) Outlaws. Billy remembers the last time he and Grail had anything to do with the Wells Fargo Company – he got shot. Some things never change. (31)
- Destiny (by Linda Watson) The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. When Brisco's shot, both Bowler and Soc know that his only hope is the Orb. (12)
- Knight in Trail's End (by Rowena Warner) Roy Rogers. When Roy returns to his childhood home at the request of a friend in need, he discovers much more than he ever expected about the death of his partners, and the nature of love. (51)
- Second Chances (by Linda Watson) Paradise. A stranger arrives in Paradise on a mission: to kill the man who is his father. (19)
- A Relative Matter (by L.A. Carr) Bordertown. A short missing scene. (2)
- Unfinished Business (by Kathy Condon) Bordertown. Jack's hiding a secret, and it almost gets him killed, but Clive, Marie and the residents of Bordertown have other plans. (13)
- Layover in Paradise (by Lynn Gill) Alias Smith and Jones. Bounty hunters nearly kill Heyes, but the Kid's found Paradise and help, he hopes. Also in Just You, Me & the Governor #2. (26)
- Friends (by Roberts Stuemke) Paradise and Bordertown. When the wife of a Texas Ranger is kidnapped, Cord and P.J. have to convince Jack Craddock to return to Mexico and a certain death. Jack's willing, but Clive has other plans. (30)
Compadres 9 was published in 1994 and has 210 pages.
- Kidnapped (by Theresa Evans) Garrison's Gorillas. The Warden's been captured and it's up to the con to get him back. (16)
- A Tiger By the Tail (by Gillian Holt) Starsky and Hutch. Starsky is working undercover at a ladies' club, but everything is not what it seems. (4) Reprinted in Black Ops #7.
- Commitment (by Mary L. Millard) Starsky and Hutch. Hutch is dying, but the commitment he has with Starsky makes it bearable. Warning this is a death story and there is an implied slash relationship. (8)
- Coming Out of the Dark (by Sheri Young) Riptide, a post-"Be True to Your School" story. Nick is still having trouble dealing with Deke's death, and slowly falls apart. Cody and Murray are there to pick up the pieces, but will that be enough? (53)
- The Natural (by Theresa Evans) Wiseguy. An observation of Vinnie from an agent's point of view. (2)
- Reviving the Spark (by Londa Pfeffer) Houston Knights, a post-"Burnout" tag. LaFiamma decides not to leave the police force, but he still has some ghosts to lay to rest. Lundy decides that they can best be buried in Lombard. (17)
- Retribution (by Laura Ellison) Forever Knight. Nick runs into a serial killer he understands, after all, the killer is another vampire. (10)
- House of Cards (by Sheila Paulson) The Real Ghostbusters. While Egon is away at a conference in London, the IRA bombs the hotel. The rest of the Ghostbusters imagine the worst. (27)
- Close Quarters Drill (by Gillian Holt) War of the Worlds. When aliens infiltrate a high security facility that houses toxic bacteria and viruses, Ironhorse and the Omega Squad have no choice but to go in and try to stop them. (37) (reprinted in Green Floating Weirdness #19)
- Plus poetry by A.J., Tammy L. Croft, and Lana G. Merkel.
Compadres 10 was published in 1996 and has 183 pages.
- The Secret's Cabin (by Deyna W. Greywolf) The Quest. The Beaudine brothers are on the trail of their sister when they cross paths with a bear. Quintin learns more about his brother. (10)
- Trio (by Carol MelAmbassador) Legend. A tantalizing peek into the relationship between the professor, Ramos and Pratt. (2)
- Breaching the Wall (by Londa Pfeffer) Starsky and Hutch. Starsky makes a visit to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial to lay some ghosts to rest and gets a pleasant surprise. (5) (won a 1996 FanQ)
- What We Did On Our Summer Vacation (by Sioned Dannan) Riptide. Nick is assigned to train five ROTC cadets and ends up caught in a crossfire. Reprinted in The Boss and Bodacious Special Gen Collection #2. (24)
- Revelations (by Lee Seibert) Houston Knights. A missing scene. Some insights from Lundy's point of view. (3)
- A Dish Served Cold (by Nancy Platte) Jake and the Fatman.. When Jake is kidnapped, McCabe and Derek are left with nothing to do but wait, and then the bad news comes: Jake's been found. (21)
- My Choice (by Alison Wilson) Walker, Texas Ranger. Walker is told he will see a psychiatrist, but the question is why? (18)
- The Island of the Hunted (by R. Robin) Counterstrike and Manimal. An evil woman is killing big cats. Professor Jonathan Chase has a South Pacific island full of big cats. The woman asks Alexander Addington for help buying said island, but in walks Peter Sinclair, then all hell breaks lose. (47)
- Cherokee Healing Lake (by Gillian Holt) War of the Worlds. A sequel to "Close Quarters Drill" in Compadres #9. Harrison is dying and nothing anyone can do will help. Well, maybe. Enter Paul Ironhorse, recently assigned away from the war of the worlds due to an injury. Can Paul find a secret from his people's past in time to save his best friend? (18) (won a 1996 FanQ) (reprinted in Green Floating Weirdness #19)
- Consequences (by name withheld at author's request) Quantum Leap. Sam's changed history again. And all that's left for Al is to wait and see what the consequences are. (5)
- The Finer Points (by Cheryl Benson) Babylon 5. A piece of speculation between scenes. (3)
- In Harm's Way (by Valerie DeVries) Star Trek: Voyager. Paris is beaten. Janeway is confused. And everyone is in trouble! (8)
- Plus poetry by Christy Barnett and Cinda Gillilan. Counterstrike art by Priscilla Tweed.
Compadres 11 was published in 1996 and contains 199 pages.
- If Wishes Were Horses (by Paula Smus) Hercules. Hera sends an assassin after her step-son, but his poisoned blade finds Iolaus instead. With his best friend dying, Hercules calls on two old friends and a wise healer to save Iolaus' life. (7)
- The Survivor (by Sara Falcioni) Wild Wild West. Jim and Arty mourn Lincoln's passing in their own unique way. (3)
- Blood Brothers (by Deyna Greywolf) The Quest. Quintin and Morgan are captured by men who plan to trade them for horses and a squaw, but the tables are turned when the war chief who finds them is an old friend of Morgan's. (11)
- A Way Home (by Jody Norman) Lancer. A tag to the series' pilot. Lancer has been saved from the land pirates, but what will the truth of Johnny's involvement mean for his future? (8)
- Soul in Exile (by Harmony Miller) Street Justice. After being shot, Adam travels to a nightmarish limbo where he learns that he might have killed an innocent man – well, innocent of killing Adam's partner, at least. Back among the living, the detective pushes Malloy and Grady away, afraid to tell them the ugly truth, and doubting his own future. (13)
- Keys to the Soul (by Jody Norman) Lethal Weapon. A missing scene from the first movie. Roger considers what he's inherited when partnered with Martin Riggs. (2)
- Acting Lessons (by Londa Pfeffer) Walker, Texas Ranger. A missing scene. Walker's been kidnapped and a federal agent killed. Trivette and the fed's partner team up to find Walker before it's too late. (9)
- Attacking Trees and Earthquakes (by Alison Wilson) Walker, Texas Ranger. Trivette totals his car, but Walker is there to help – if Trivette will let him. (4)
- Touch From the Hand of a Friend (by Rhianna Corke) Quantum Leap. Sam leaps into a kidnapper who's had a change of heart. Now the kidnapper is dying and Sam and Al have to find his victims before it's too late. Also in Black Ops #7. (11)
- The Discovery (by Fliss Davies) Planet of the Apes and Highlander. Thinking Richie is Pete, then another astronaut, Alan and Galen rescue him from the clutches of the apes. They're wrong on both counts, but Richie does have some important news for Pete – he's an Immortal and in desperate need of some training. (21)
- One Step Closer (by P.J.D.R. Ford) Planet of the Apes. Pete, Alan and Galen escape an ape patrol only to end up in an old city with a well-protected secret. Discovering the nature of that secret nearly costs Alan his life. (54)
- El Conquistador (by Gillian Holt) War of the Worlds. Triathletes are disappearing and only the aliens can be behind it. Ironhorse does the only thing he can; he enters Tucson's El Conquistador Triathalon and prays he gets kidnapped. Too bad his prayers are answered... (29) (reprinted in Green Floating Weirdness #19)
- Plus poetry by Laura Brush, Peta-Jo Ford, and Teri Sarick.
Compadres 12 was published in July 1997 and has 181 pages.
- The Prisoner Affair (by Sue Ann Sarick) The Man From UNCLE and The Prisoner. Illya and Napoleon are sent to a small island prison to rescue one of the inmates. The problem: he doesn't want to leave. (15)
- Flip Side (by Catherine Schlein) Emergency! Johnny and his latest girlfriend go out for a picnic. She dumps it, it rains, and he's caught in a landslide. Good thing Roy's looking for him! (12)
- The List (by K Hanna Korossy) Starsky and Hutch. Hutch might be in the hospital, but he's left Starsky a list. . . (2)
- A Drink of Water (by Alison Wilson) Magnum PI. A missing scene. (1)
- Death Dreams (by J.L. Scott) Street Justice. Old Kim wants revenge on the detective who put him behind bars, but killing Adam Beaudreaux would be too easy, better to drive Grady over the edge and watch Adam suffer. . . (17)
- Forgotten Son (by Alison Wilson) Hardcastle and McCormick. A tag. Mark's feeling a little down after meeing his real father, but the Judge is there to cheer him up. (3)
- Hide and Seek (by Londa Pfeffer) The Burning Zone Michael Hailey and Dan Cassian have a bet, but it might just cost Hailey his life. (11)
- Scrutiny (by Rachel Squire) The Sentinel. When Jim's hurt Blair finds a way to help, but the results might leave the grad student bald... Reprinted in Black Ops #7. (8)
- Legends (by Sheila Paulson) The Real Ghostbusters and The Sentinel. The Ghostbusters, on vacation in Washington state, run into drug dealers, newlyweds, and a sentinel and his guide. Oh, and we can't forget murder, kidnapping, and did I mention Big Foot? (43)
- The Gifts (by Gillian Holt) War of the Worlds. Ironhorse is called home to North Carolina where he meets the Cherokee Little People and receives some gifts... (7) (reprinted in Green Floating Weirdness #20)
- Paper Hero (by Lyria Hall) Alien Nation. Matt is hurting after facing his father for the first time in years, but George is there for him... (9)
- The Perfect Leap (by Teri Sarick) Quantum Leap. Sam finds himself leaping through time and running into a strange young woman who claims to be his daughter. Can she finally bring him home? (24)
- The Trip to the Nineties (by Laura Michaels) Mixed Media. Bogg and Jeffrey (Voyager) land in the 1980s only to meet two time-travelling teens called Bill and Ted, and two ex-outlaws who call themselves Smith and Jones. Too bad the Omni's still red! (11)
- Plus X-Files cartoons by Leah Rosenthal.
Compadres 13 was published in July 1998 and has 184 pages. A special theme issue – "Straight Through the Heart" – with partners shooting partners, partners thinking they've shot their partners, partners wishing they could shoot their partners.
- Pot Shot (by Lorie Schultz) Lost in Space. Partners shooting partners. West and Smith are out scouting a trail when they're trapped. Forced to navigate though a series of deadly caves, it's only a matter of time before tempers flare and danger strikes. Now West is wounded, his life in Dr. Smith's hands. Does he stand a chance of survival? (33)
- Exactly Like You (by PJDR Ford) Planet of the Apes and Starsky and Hutch. People shooting at partners. The two detectives are part of a rescue mission sent to look for Virdon and Burke. But Starsky and Hutch are in for more than they expected when they crashland on the planet of the apes. Together the four men and Galen struggle to return to the Arianne before Urko and his troopers ensure that they all remain stranded forever. (59)
- Moment of Truth (by Gillian Holt) War of the Worlds. Partners shooting partners. Harrison thinks Ironhorse is an alien, so he forces himself to do what he promised the colonel he would do – he shoots him. Now, can he live with himself? (30)
- In the Shadow of Evil (by Londa Pfeffer) Walker, Texas Ranger. Partners thinking they've shot their partners. An old enemy targets Walker for death, but the wily Cherokee sorcerer doesn't bargain on Walker's spiritual strength, or his head-strong partner. (23)
- No Butts About It (by Valerie DeVries) Stargate SG-1. Partners shooting partners. Jack's decided that Daniel is going to learn how to handle a H&K MP5, or else. Well, it turns out to be "or else" – Ouch! (6)
- Cold Spirits (by Sheila Paulson) The Real Ghostbusters. Partners shooting partners. Egon spends Halloween alone at the firehouse, working on an upgrade to the proton packs, but a persistent ghost sets him up for a fall that might just cost he and Peter their lives. (19)
Compadres 14 was published in July 1998 and has 176 pages. A special theme issue – "Straight Through the Heart" – with partners shooting partners, partners thinking they've shot their partners, partners wishing they could shoot their partners.
- The Friendly Fire Affair (by Jill Thomasson) The Man From UNCLE. Partners shooting partners. Illya and Napoleon are on a stakeout in a snowstorm when everything goes wrong. Now Illya is fighting for his life. (6) (also in The Man from UNCLE Special Gen & Slash Collection , The Man from UNCLE Special Gen Collection, and The McCallum Observer)
- The Six-Year Itch (by K Hanna Korossy) Starsky and Hutch. Partners wishing they could shoot their partners. Starsky and Hutch are getting on each other's nerves in a big way and decide to end their partnership. But can they make the adjustment? (17) (won a 1999 FanQ)
- What Could Happen? (by Gretchen Felix) Houston Knights. Partners shooting partners. Some of LaFiamma's secrets are revealed when his uncle and grandfather comes to town. But it's an accident that becomes the real threat to his life. (20)
- Shattered Images (by Sheri Young) Riptide (and a guest appearance by Real Ghostbusters). Partners shooting partners. An accident while on National Guard duty leaves Nick nursing a sore back and a budding drug addiction. The depth of the problem is finally revealed when Murray is shot and Nick slips over the edge. (80) (won a 1999 FanQ)
- Worthy Opponents (by Londa Pfeffer) Lethal Weapon. Partners shooting partners. Riggs nails Roger... How's he going to explain to Trish? (3)
- The Alvariz Incident (by Tammy L. Croft) X-Files. Partners thinking they've shot their partner. Scully's been shot, Mulder's a basket case, and Skinner is running interference to keep Dana's brother away from Fox. (10)
- The Gift That Keeps On Giving (by Becca Koldfurr) Soldier of Fortune, Inc. Partners shooting partners. A random encounter on the beach sets Matt up as the target of a vengeful drug dealer. And that revenge might just cost C.J. and Matt their lives. And poor Benny Ray might have to be the one to pull the trigger. Reprinted in Good to Go #1. (24)
- The Hunted (by Rachel Squire) The Sentinel. Partners shooting partners. Simon and Jim are being stalked by a determined foe. Reprinted in Black Ops #7. (3)
Compadres 15 was published in March 1999 and has 184 pages.
- On the Outside Looking In (by Cathy Ott) Garrison's Gorillas. A look back to explore the past of one of the team members. (6)
- Beyond the Darkness (by Cathy Ott) Garrison's Gorillas. When a mission goes bad, Chief is captured and tortured. Too bad Garrison thinks he's already dead. (12)
- Support System (by K Hanna Korossy & Maria Farina) Starsky and Hutch, a tag to "Sweet Revenge." Starsky is going to live, but now it's time for Hutch to come tumbling down. (7)
- Advice to the Lovelorn (by Christine Jeffords) Simon and Simon. After a romantic breakup, A.J. and Rick have a long talk about life, love and women. (13)
- The Luck of the Clan MacKensie (by Sheila Paulson) Shadow Chasers. Charlie Venkman arrives at the university with a haunted bowl. When the ghost of Connor MacKensie possesses Jonathan, it's a race against time to save Jon's soul. (40) (reprinted in Shadow Chasers Special Gen Collection)
- As a Friend (by Teri Sarick) Due South. An alternative ending to the series. The real Ray Vecchio is back in town, but the Mob and the Feds are both hunting for him. Stan's willing to help, but when Angie dies and the Canadian Consulate is blown up, the only hope Ray has is to find a man in the Northwest Territories – too bad he's dead... (90)
- And a Miami Vice poem by Sue Ann Sarick.
Compadres 16 was published in September 1999 and has 172 pages.
- Losing and Winning (by Cathy Ott) Garrison's Gorillas. Chief is injured and might have to leave the team. (10)
- Going Home (by Cathy Ott) Garrison's Gorillas. The war is over and the Gorillas are going home. But going home for Chief is a little more complicated than he expects. (30)
- One of Those Days (by K Hanna Korossy & Maria Farina) Starsky and Hutch. Let's just say that Hutch is having one of those days. You know, the kind where anything that CAN go wrong WILL go wrong? (15)
- First Homecoming (by Christine Jeffords) Simon and Simon. A childhood era story. Rick finally makes it home after spending some time in Mexico, time that made him a man and gave him a direction for his life. (30)
- Force of Nature (by Mary Bloemker) Shadow Chasers. Benny kidnaps Jonathan and leaves him to die. And that's just the start of the adventure for these two shadow chasers. If they both survive, it'll be a miracle! (26) (reprinted in Shadow Chasers Special Gen Collection)
- Detour (by Teri Sarick) Due South. Fraser and Ray are lost in the great white north, and only they could find salvation where they do! (6)
- Fortitudo (by Kathleen A. Klatte) SOF: Special Ops Force. The team is called on to rescue hostages from Iran. Things get a little complicated when they can't tell the good guys who they really are. (18)
- In the Grip (by Fallon Zane) Soldier of Fortune, Inc. A mission to rescue American and Colombian hostages from a drug lord's stronghold becomes more complicated when Margo becomes sick. Reprinted in Watch Your Six #1. (26)
Compadres 17 was published in February 2000 and has 182 pages.
- Things That Go Bump In The Night (by Drena Hills) Alias Smith and Jones. An evil, centuries old is awakened in the Old West. And Hannibal Heyes and Kid Curry walk right into the middle of the maelstrom. (27)
- The Problem With Being Famous (by Leigh Stewart) Alias Smith and Jones. A harmless poker game turns into a life and death fight for Heyes and the Kid after they're recognized by a man who has embraced evil. (17)
- For Better or For Worse (by K Hanna Korossy) Starsky and Hutch. Sometimes the recovery is the hardest part of a partnership, but you just have to grit your teeth and get through it. (5)
- A Walk in the Garden: Red Rose (by Kathleen A. Klatte) JAG. Harm and Mac travel to Iraq to defend American servicemen who were shot down. Too bad the verdict has already been reached. (19)
- When Tomorrow Comes (by M.D. Bloemker) Shadow Chasers and Tomorrow People. A meeting with an old friend of Dr. Moorhouse's leads Benny and Jon on an adventure unlike any other. While Benedek learns that he's more than he ever suspected, Jon must make a decision to save his best friend's life. (42) (reprinted in Shadow Chasers Special Gen Collection)
- Never Say Goodbye (by Catriona MacKay) Highlander. Duncan decides that it's time to leave Paris, his past and his friends. (4)
- Downtime on Planet Earth (by Sheila Paulson) Stargate SG-1 and The Master. Teal'c meets a new friend in the part. But John Peter McAllister is much more than he seems. Not only is McAllister a trained ninja, but he is also the keeper of an important secret, a secret about another Jaffa, stranded on Earth, who adopted a path of peace. (34)
- Home Again (by Catriona MacKay) Highlander. Celina finds Duncan again in Glenfinnan, Scotland. But before they can rekindle their relationship, some old pains must be healed. And then there's the issue of one Rachel MacLeod... (20)
Compadres 18 was published in 2000 and has 192 pages.
- Pony (by Lynn Harvey) Magnificent Seven. While out on the trail, JD pushes Chris a little too far. But as a result, Vin learns how Chris' horse got his name. (3) (also in Magnificent Seven Special Gen Collection)
- Prey (by Lynn Harvey) Magnificent Seven. Chris and Vin are out on a hunt, problem is, the prey is hunting them, too. Chris fights to save Vin's life. (12) (also in Magnificent Seven Special Gen Collection)
- Happy Birthday, Hannibal Heyes (by Drena Hills) Alias Smith and Jones. The Kid picks a very special present for Heyes' birthday, and it comes wrapped in memories. (14)
- There in the Darkness (by Lynn Harvey) Magnificent Seven. When it looks like Vin is dying, Chris sends for Miss Nettie... (4) (also in Magnificent Seven Special Gen Collection)
- A Favor for the Friend of a Friend (by Lynn Gill) Alias Smith and Jones and Wildside. Heyes and Curry agree to help a friend of the Governor's, but they had no idea that friend was also a Governor, and a man with friends of his own. (20)
- Gone Fishin' (by Lynn Harvey) Magnificent Seven. Chris and Vin take a little trip and end up drunk as skunks. (8) (also in Magnificent Seven Special Gen Collection)
- Far From Home (by K Hanna Korossy) Starsky and Hutch. Hutch thinks he's responsible for the death of a suspect, and that's hard for him to live with. But he has at least one person who's on his side – his partner. (16)
- Pilgrims, Parties & Partners (by Lynn Gill) Houston Knights. Lundy and LaFiamma have a disagreement over Thanksgiving. Reprinted from Partners and Friends. (4)
- A Walk in the Garden: Aconite (by Kathleen A. Klatte) JAG. Mac has been kidnapped, and Harm and Clay are fighting a deadline to find her in time. (13)
- First Person (by Kathleen A. Klatte) The West Wing. A "what if" story written before we knew how the first season cliff-hanger turned out. There is a question on who lived and who died. (3)
- Reflections (by Kathleen A. Klatte) The West Wing. Part two of the "what if" – Good news and the start of a new relationship. (3)
- Reconstruction (by Kathleen A. Klatte) The West Wing. Part three of the "what if" – Sometimes the hardest part is surviving. (13)
- A Community Service (by Fallon Zane) Soldier of Fortune, Inc. Father Bob asks for the team's help and they can't say no, although everyone but Margo wishes they could! Reprinted in Watch Your Six #2. (12)
- Promises to Keep (by M.D. Bloemker) Shadow Chasers. When Benny sells his soul to the Devil, it's Jon who ends up with Hell to pay. (13) (reprinted in Shadow Chasers Special Gen Collection)
- See Amid the Winter's Snow (by Sheila Paulson) Real Ghostbusters. The Ghostbusters investigate a haunted house, and Peter disappears. While the others race to save their missing comrade, Peter comes face-to-face with a ghost. (36)
- The Christmas Star (by Kathleen A. Klatte) FarScape. John tells Aeryn Sun about Christmas, and hopes he can pull off his own miracle. (7)
Compadres 19 was published in 2001 and has 182 pages.
- The Ones We Love (by Lynn Harvey) Magnificent Seven. JD learns more about Buck's childhood from Chris. (4)
- The Comfort of Friends (by Lynn Harvey) Magnificent Seven. A missing scene and tag for the episode "Inmate 78." Chris has been rescued, but he isn't out of the wood just yet. (5) (also in Magnificent Seven Special Gen Collection)
- Gypsies, Trust and Thieves (by Shiloh) Alias Smith and Jones. While traveling, Heyes and the Kid are in a stagecoach accident. The Kid is fine, but there is no sign of Heyes. While Curry searches for his lost partner, Heyes discovers he's not the man he once was. (21)
- Cody (by Lynn Harvey) Magnificent Seven. A visit from one of Sara's relatives brings back memories both good and bad for Chris. (7) (also in Magnificent Seven Special Gen Collection)
- Crazy Like A Fox (by Drena Hills) Alias Smith and Jones. Heyes and Curry split up, and the Kid ends up being forced to take sanctuary in a Catholic church. Then things really go wrong! Good thing Heyes arrives in time to pull a scam like no other. (25)
- The Longest Road (by Lynn Harvey) Magnificent Seven. Chris returns to town ten years after the Seven disbanded in order to learn the fates of the men he had once called friends. (7) (also in Magnificent Seven Special Gen Collection)
- Starting Over (by K Hanna Korossy) Starsky and Hutch. Hutch is facing a double loss – his wife and his partner – but Starsky is hard to shake. (8)
- A Walk in the Garden: Monkshood (by Kathleen A. Klatte) JAG. Webb asks Harm to help him extract an agent who is cut off and being left hanging. (11)
- The Morning After (by Kathleen A. Klatte) The West Wing. An alternative possibility following the shooting that brings CJ and Danny closer together. (8)
- Extraordinary Circumstances (by Kathleen A. Klatte) The West Wing. Based on the actual episode, a look at the aftermath of the shooting. (6)
- Tea Party (by Fallon Zane) Soldier of Fortune, Inc. Chance spends some time with Benny Ray and his kids, but it has an unexpected consequence! Also in Watch Your Six #3. (7)
- Forced Recreation (by Gillian Holt) War of the Worlds. Harrison decides that the Project members and the soldiers all need to have some fun, whether or not they want to! (9)
- Fly By Night (by Sheila Paulson) Real Ghostbusters and Gargoyles. Ray has a new friend, and when that friend learns that Ray's life in danger, he decides to act. Too bad the rest of the Ghostbusters don't know about it too. (48)
- What the Future Brings (by Paige Aaron) Andromeda. A look at Tyr's thoughts as he considered what he's gotten himself into. (2)
Compadres 20 was published in 2001 and has 182 pages.
- No Cards or Flowers (by Lynn Harvey) Magnificent Seven, a missing scene from "Lady Killers." Chris shows a little sympathy to Vin. (2) (also in Magnificent Seven Special Gen Collection)
- Picnic (Lynn Harvey) Magnificent Seven. The Seven decide to go on a picnic, but they just can't get there. (3) pic
- Homecoming (by Deyna Greywolf) Lancer. A train trip takes Johnny back to face one of his childhood nightmares, and he might not survive. (18) Reprinted from Bite the Bullet #3.
- The Beginning of Always (by Drena Hills) Alias Smith and Jones. Heyes and the Kid have decided to get off the outlaw trail, but fate makes that just a little harder than it might otherwise be. (10)
- The Prodigal (by Lynn Gill) The Chisholms. Will is lost, but he gets some unexpected help to guide him home. (11) Reprinted from Ghost Riders #7.
- Partnerships (by K Hanna Korossy) Starsky and Hutch. Their partnership is new, but Starsky knows enough to guess that things at home aren't so good for Hutch. Too bad the case they're working on isn't helping. (17)
- Code Name: The Moon Witch (by Denyse M. Bridger) Acapulco H.E.A.T. An old enemy of Michael Savage's has turned up, and death is on her heels. Will she cost one of the team their lives? Contains some adult (het) content.(24)
- Explanations (by Fallon Zane) Soldier of Fortune, Inc. Benny Ray's truck has been shot full of holes and it's C.J. who has to pass along the bad news. Reprinted in Watch Your Six #4. (3)
- Beyond the Sea (by Kathleen A. Klatte) The Adventures of Jules Verne and JAG. Rebecca travels forward in time and runs into Clayton Webb. (10)
- Judgment is Mine (by Denyse M. Bridger) Poltergeist: The Legacy. The San Francisco Legacy House acquires an interesting object. (8)
- GalaxyBusters (by Sheila Paulson) Real Ghostbusters and GalaxyQuest. The Ghostbusters share the billing at a convention with the cast of the TV series GalaxyQuest, but things get a little more interesting than the team expected. (25)
- Deyja (by Denyse M. Bridger) Forever Knight. A mysterious woman enters LaCroix's life, and a series of murders is keeping Nick busy. Could they have anything in common? (21)
- Nothing is Forgotten (by Kathleen A. Klatte) The Adventures of Jules Verne and Robin of Sherwood. Ever wonder why Fogg looks like Robin Hood? Well, here's the answer! (3)
- Heart's Blood (by Kathleen A. Klatte) The Adventures of Jules Verne, a missing scene. Rebecca has a mind of her own, and Fogg will just have to deal with it. (2)
- Reach for the Light (by Kathleen A. Klatte) FarScape. Death is never easy to understand. (3)
- Night Shade (by Denyse M. Bridger) Forever Knight. LaCroix meets an artist who sees him in an unusual light. Too bad he feels the need to shatter her illusions. (8)
Compadres 21 was published in 2002 and has 185 pages.
- Love and War (by Denyse M. Bridger) Hercules. When a young woman wants to give herself to Ares, who she sees as her savior, Hercules is determined to stop her, but at what cost? (18)
- Jelly Bread Jam Sandwiches (by Drena Hills) Alias Smith and Jones. With Heyes feeling under the weather, the Kid finds himself leading the gang on a train robbery, but he ends up with a lot more than he bargained for. But taking his spoils back to Devil's Hole only makes things worse - sort of. (22)
- No Longer Alone (by Kathleen A. Klatte) The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne. Phileas Fogg is recovering, and he has some soul searching to do about what it means to have family. (5)
- The Enemy of My Enemy (by Gillian Holt) War of the Worlds. Paul needs to know exactly what happened to him while he was Kitara's prisoner, but learning the truth might just cost him his life, or his sanity. But for him, it's worth the risk, because they know the Synth will return and they have to know what she really wants. (47) (winner of a 2003 FanQ)
- Kindred in Spirit (by Denyse M. Bridger) Forever Knight. Nick gets some unexpected help in his bid to break away from LaCroix. (4)
- Shadows on Recon (by Jamie Hector) Poltergeist: The Legacy. It's a restless night in the Legacy House. Reprinted in Black Ops #3. (5)
- Endurance Limits (by Fallon Zane) Soldier of Fortune, Inc. A post-"La Mano Negra" tag. Matt feels guilty when Benny Ray collapses at the end of the mission, thinking he's pushed the sniper past his limits. Also in Watch Your Six #5. (8)
- No Way to Spend a Vacation (by Lori Schultz) Lost in Space (TV series). The crew of the Jupiter 2 think they're in for some rest and relaxation, but they end up enslaved by a dog-like race of beings. Escape is the only option, but it won't be easy, or safe. (48)
- Home by K. Hanna Korossy (Starsky and Hutch)
Compadres 22 was published in 2003 and has 163 pages.
- A special theme issue: Straight Through the Heart, Again - Partners shooting/hurting partners, partners thinking they've shot/hurt their partners, partners wishing they could shoot/hurt their partners.
- One Foot Over the Line (by Sharon Airey) Alias Smith and Jones. When the Kid accidentally shoots and kills Heyes, his own will to live is also destroyed, but he can't take his own life, so he slowly slips into the dark world of a ruthless rancher who is out to destroy a town, with the help of Kid Curry. (32)
- Shot in the Dark (by Patricia Grace) Magnificent Seven. While trying to stop a bunch of troublesome cowboys out to harass the local farmers, Chris accidentally shoots Vin, but it's Tanner's sight, not his life, that might be lost, and Larabee is afraid Vin's sight might just be his life. (also in Magnificent Seven Special Gen Collection) (30)
- Unforgivable (by K Hanna Korossy) Starsky and Hutch. In a funk and drinking too much, Starsky's temper slips and he says something to Hutch that is unforgivable. Their friendship ended, these two long-time friends must re-examine everything they thought was true. (27)
- The Dead of Night Affair (by M.E. Wells) The Man From U.N.C.L.E. While on a mission, Solo sees his partner fall from a high rise building, but from the emotional rubble he forces himself to rise and keep going. Good thing for Illya he does, too! (19)
- Ripples (by Sheila Paulson) Planet of the Apes. While undercover, trying to determine if an artifact the Apes have found might be the key to getting them home, Pete is shot - by Galen. (24)
- Trigger Happy (by Dana Edwards) Stargate SG-1. A tag to the episode "Bane." When the water pistols come out, it's every man and woman for him/herself! (3)
- Bloodlines (by Lessa Warren) Andromeda. While picking up supplies from a less than reputable source, Dylan and Tyr run into Nietzschean bounty hunters, and thing go sour very quickly. But it only gets worse when Dylan accidentally shoots Tyr. (19)
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 22
See reactions and reviews for Unforgivable.
Compadres 23 was published in 2003 and has 181 pages.
- Second Time Around (by Sharon Airey) Alias Smith and Jones. A look back at the boys' childhood and how it might have impacted the Kid. (8)
- The Price You Pay (by Sharon Airey) Alias Smith and Jones. Still hurting from his encounter with the James' brothers, the Kid decides to try a new way of life, one that fits his hardened heart. (10)
- Redux (by K Hanna Korossy) Starsky and Hutch. Starsky arrives at Hutch's home only to find his partner almost dead from an overdose. Knowing it has to be a frame, Starsky races to save Hutch's life and his career. (26)
- Memories, Will Tear Us Apart (by Sue Ann Sarick) Miami Vice. A woman from Sonny's past arrives back in Miami, and right in the middle of an on-going investigation. (17)
- Ghosts (by Denyse M. Bridger) Forever Knight. A murder at Halloween, committed by a vampire, reminds Nick of a man he once met. (3)
- Ashes & Dust (by Kathleen A. Klatte) Witchblade. Sara's lover is dead, but she is not alone. Jake and Danny are looking after her. (4)
- Bloodlines (by Sheila Paulson) Real Ghostbusters. While on a case, trying to save a young woman's life, Egon and Peter both learn something new about their family trees. (33)
- Try to Remember (by Teri Sarick) Now and Again and Beauty & the Beast. A resolution to the series-ending cliffhanger. Michael and family are on the run, and Dr. Morris is closing in, but the Wisemans get some unexpected help that leads them into a world they never knew existed. (70)
Compadres 24 was published in 2004 and has 170 pages.
- In Black & White (by K Hanna Korossy) Starsky and Hutch. Starsky writes up his report after a bad night in an Italian resturant. (4)
- The Ghost of Christmas Past (by Denyse M. Bridger) Equalizer. Harley has a lot of sad memories to overcome this holiday. (8)
- With Friends Like These... (by Lynda Tysdal) Riptide. Murray's been invited to a party, and he brings Cody and Nick along, and it might just destroy their friendships. (18)
- Eye of the Storm (by Denyse M. Bridger) Equalizer. Mickey is sent to help another agent out of a tight spot, but the assignment rekindles some old feelings he thought were buried. (14)
- Due Providence (by Teri Sarick) Due South and Providence. When Benny finds himself stranded in Providence, he meets a woman who reminds him of Victoria, but she's nothing like the femme fatale. (22)
- Hanging by a Thread (by Sharon McBroom) Pensacola: Wings of Gold. A little R&R takes a deadly turn for the fighter pilots. (5)
- Christmas Angel (by Lady D) Soldier of Fortune, Inc./Special Ops Force. Benny Ray is feeling a little down at the holidays, but a new assignment changes that. (20)
- Christmas Star (by Kathleen A. Klatte) The X-Files. Scully and Mulder spend an interesting Christmas Eve, watching for a star. (3)
- Central Park Waltz (by Susan Macdonald) The Master and Beauty & the Beast. Events conspire to bring together a beautiful woman, a ninja and his sidekick, a pack of bad guys, and a very special "man." (6)
- By Candlelight (by Sheila Paulson) Return of the King. A little heart to heart chat in the wee hours of the night. (6)
- Charmed to Make Your Acquaintance (by Kathleen A. Klatte) Witchblade and Charmed. A trip out of town brings the witchblade into the circle of a special family. (8)
- Nothing but Trouble (by Laurie Schultz) Tremors: the Series. When a small plane crashes the day just goes from bad to worse for the residents of a small Nevada town, and their monsterly neighbors. (44)
Compadres 25 was published in 2004 and has 176 pages.
- Choices (by Gemini) Professionals. A day in the bank turns deadly for Bodie and Doyle. (10)
- Going Fishing (by K Hanna Korossy) Starsky and Hutch. The guys take a break and go camping. (15)
- Paying Respects (by Susan Macdonald) A-Team. Hannibal takes the team to visit the graves of his grandparents. (3)
- Lessons Learned (by Lynda Tysdal) Riptide. When Cody and Nick are kidnapped, it's up to Murray to find a way to get them home. (21)
- Flood (by Sheila Paulson) Return of the King. A coming flood puts a kingdom and a life at risk. (16)
- Fate's Wide Wheel (by Audrey Lynn) Real Ghostbusters. The lives of the Ghostbusters might have turned out very differently if they never met when they did, and here you see what those lives might have been like for them. (56) (winner of a 2006 FanQ)
- What Friends Do (by Sue-Ann Sarick) Nowhere Man and Star Trek: The Next Generation. A fix to the depressing conclusion of Thomas Veil's nightmare. A transporter malfunction lands Tom and Alyson Veil on board the Enterprise, but the past is far from over for the man who's been on the run for so long. (43)
Compadres 26 was published in 2005 and has 162 pages.
- The Wager Raid (by Brate) Rat Patrol. Tully and Hitchcock made a bet. (2)
- Atonement (by JJJunky) Horatio Hornblower. Mr. Hunter suffers remorse when his actions nearly get Horatio killed. (7)
- Lies My Partner Saw Through (by K. Hanna Korossy) Starsky and Hutch. It's a good thing Hutch can basically read his partner's mind, because the clues he has to work with are going to require it. (23)
- No Other Choice (by Denyse M. Bridger) Equalizer. Robert is forced to take action when a woman Control is involved with turns out to be more than they bargained on. (8)
- Snap-Shots (by Denyse M. Bridger) Equalizer. Bits and pieces from Gage's life as he contemplates life and death. (6)
- I'll Believe in You (by Teri Sarick) The X-Files. Mulder's off again, this time on the trail of something called a stargate... (7)
- Dream Catcher: The Road Home (by Kathleen A. Klatte) The X-Files. Doggett and Monica share a moment in New Mexico. (4)
- Apartment #42 (by Teri Sarick) The X-Files. Pity the poor woman who moved into Mulder's old apartment... (2)
- The Rules of Friendship (by Lynda Tysdal) Riptide, a missing scene from "Something Fishy." Cody and Nick talk about friendship, and talking about friendship. (4)
- Letting Go (by Lynda Tysdal) Riptide. When Murray gets the news that his father has passed away, Nick and Cody agree to accompany him home, and learn more about their friend than they expected. (31) (winner of a 2006 FanQ)
- A Stolen Moment (by Sharon McBroom) Pensacola, Wings of Gold. Spoon and Ice share a private moment. (2)
- A Visit Home (by Sharon McBroom) Pensacola, Wings of Gold. Alexandra returns home and learns a secret about her family's past. (3)
- The Fogelberg Mission (by Susan Macdonald) She Spies. Quentin Cross takes Cassie on a mission that's really a date. (4)
- Mistakes (by Loretta Greco) NCIS. A tag to "Left for Dead." Caitlin is feeling bad and her friends are trying to help. (4)
- Forfeit (by Sheila Paulson) Lord of the Rings. Gandalf and Frodo have a talk. (5)
- Someone to Watch Over Me (by Kathleen A. Klatte) Witchblade. A tag to "Hierophant." Jake drops by to make sure Sara is all right. (4)
- Love Remembered (by Kathleen A. Klatte) Witchblade. Set in the second season, Sara keeps remembering a love lost. (10)
- Strange Days (by Kathleen A. Klatte) Witchblade. September 11th for Sara and crew. (3)
- The Night Crawler Speaks (by Denyse M. Bridger) Forever Knight. LaCroix says his goodbyes. (5)
- Christmas Wishes (by Teri Sarick) Dr. Who. Letters to Santa from the Doctor and friends. (3)
- Live Your Life (by Teri Sarick) Early Edition. Gary laments his lack of a normal life. (3)
- Weregild (by Susan Macdonald) Star Wars and Krull. Revenge drives the Sithlord, and Colwyn and his wife, Lyssa might end up paying the ultimate price. (8)
- Creature Feature (by Teri Sarick) Second City TV. Count Floyd has some observations to share. (2)
Compadres 27 was published in 2005 and has 166 pages.
- A special theme issue: Straight Through the Heart, Again - partners shooting/hurting partners, partners thinking they've shot/hurt their partners, partners wishing they could shoot/hurt their partners.
- Prey (by Lynda Tysdal & Rachel Eiland-Hall) Riptide. The guys are working off some excess energy and aggression. (6)
- Not So Fragile a Thing (by K Hanna Korossy) Starsky and Hutch. Starsky is back to work following Gunther's attempt on his life, but things take a turn for the worse when they respond to a robbery in progress. (winner of a 2006 FanQ) (49)
- Drinking Buddies (by Lynda Tysdal) Riptide. When an old Nam buddy shows up, Nick and Cody refuse to see that the man is troubled, which leads to real trouble for Murray. (32)
- Lapse in Judgment (by Erica Michaels) Magnificent Seven (ATF Denver AU). Chris is feeling responsible when two of his men are hurt while on an assignment. Now he has to get to them before the bad guys. (also in Magnificent Seven Special Gen Collection) (32)
- Domino Effect (by Audrey Lynne) Real Ghostbusters. Janine ends up in the clutches of a she-demon. (7)
- The Axe (by Sheila Paulson) Lord of the Rings. In a battle Gimli accidentally injures Legolas and now he has to deal with the consequences. (22)
Compadres 28 was published in 2006 and has 167 pages.
- A special theme issue: Straight Through the Heart, Again - partners shooting/hurting partners, partners thinking they've shot/hurt their partners, partners wishing they could shoot/hurt their partners.
- Shibboleth (by K Hanna Korossy) Starsky and Hutch. Hutch is dealing with the end of his marriage, but his friendship with Starsky gives him an anchor. (24)
- Dear Harry (by Susan Macdonald) Remington Steele. A letter that is full of revelations. (2)
- What a Man's Got to Do (by Lynda Tysdal) Riptide. A tag to "Echoes." Cody and Murray have a talk about what happened. (3)
- Dangerous Visions (by Harmony Miller & Lexi Jordan) Miami Vice. A tag to "Little Miss Dangerous." Both Sonny and Rico have to come to terms with what happened, and the only way they can is together. (21)
- Playing the Part (by Lynda Tysdal) Riptide. Murray feels that he needs to make a change in his life, but Nick and Cody aren't so sure he hasn't gotten in over his head. (27) (winner of a 2007 FanQ)
- Hostage Heart (by Susan Macdonald) She Spies and Scarecrow and Mrs. King. A sequel to "The Fogelberg Mission," in Compadres #26. Nothing like having your boss call you on an inter-office romance. (3)
- Is There a Doctor in the Dojo? (by Teri Sarick) House and Kung Fu: The Legend Continues. Caine is in the hospital, but the treatment Peter wants for his father, and what Dr. House wants are two different things! (15)
- Elvenheart (by Sheila Paulson) Lord of the Rings. When Gimli turns up hurt and Legolas missing, Merry and Pippin join in the rescue mission. (33) (winner of 2007 FanQ)
- Resident Alien Status (by Audrey Lynne & Stephanie White) Stargate SG-1. Paperwork is just a pain in the butt. (4)
- It's Time Again For... (by Laura Michaels) Enterprise. The Captain is tracking something that just doesn't seem right. (9)
- Time Distort (by Audrey Lynne & Stephanie White) Star Trek: The Next Generation and Robin of Sherwood. Data and a friend find themselves in a most unusual time and place. (12)
- Urban Folklore (by Susan Macdonald) Gargoyles. Sometimes seeing is believing, and sometimes it's urban folklore. (4)
Compadres 29 was published in 2007 and has 162 pages.
- Not Just on the News (by K Hanna Korossy) Starsky and Hutch. A natural disaster touches both partners. (8)
- The Mystery Game (by Jill I. Collins) Starsky and Hutch and Murder She Write. Starsky and Hutch take a murder cruise and get more than they expected. (42) (winner of a 2008 FanQ)
- Obsession (by Loretta Greco) Counterstrike. Stone finally has his shot at revenge. (13)
- After the Storm (by Kathleen A. Klatte) Crossing Jordan. A tag to "Under the Weather." (2)
- Kuawa (by Tarlan) Hawaii. Sean ends up on the wrong end of a revenge plot. (24)
- All-Purpose (by K Hanna Korossy) Supernatural. When you get used to watching out for the weird, the mundane cane bite you in the butt. (6)
- House Call (by Susan Macdonald) Gargoyles. Elisa finds herself called upon to make a house call for a sick gargoyle dog... (5)
- Mr. Monk & the Starship (by Teri Sarick) Monk and Enterprise. Monk finds himself on the Enterprise, and the crew might not ever be the same again. (38)
- The Perian of Gondor (by Sheila Paulson) Lord of the Rings. Confessions deepen a friendship. (12)
Compadres 30 was published in 2007 and has 161 pages.
- The Out of Control Picnic (by Laura Michaels) Get Smart. A little fun leads to more than expected. (5)
- Deep Waters (by K Hanna Korossy) Starsky and Hutch. Hutch sends a letter to his sister. (7)
- Black and White (by Lynda Tysdal) Riptide. Murray is still mad at Cody, but Cody's found a unique way to get the man to open up and talk about it. (6)
- Karma (by Tarlan) Hawaii. A tag to pilot episode. (4) Note: This story is available online.
- The Time of Waiting (by Sheila Paulson) Lord of the Rings. Pippin considers how far they have all come. (13)
- A Wizard By Any Other Name (by Jill I. Collins) Pirates of the Caribbean and Lord of the Rings. Elves and others from Middle-earth are back to ask Jack for his help retrieving an object that cannot fall into the wrong hands. (47) (winner of a 2008 FanQ)
- Prelude (by Denyse Bridger) Robin of Sherwood. When Much is hurt, Nizir does all he can to help the boy. (8)
- The Three Lives of Seska (by Soquili) Star Trek: Voyager. An exploration into Seska's background and what motivates her. (45)
- Amazons (by Karen K.) Space: Above and Beyond. McQueen and his kids find themselves on a planet where the women rule. (14)
- All-Purpose by K Hanna Korossy (Supernatural)
Compadres 31 was published in 2008 and contains 203 pages.
- Jarrod (by C.M. Dennison) The Big Valley. The family looks into who was behind Jarrod's death. (18)
- Self-Destruct (by K Hanna Korossy) Starsky and Hutch. A loss has Starsky taking too many chances. (15)
- Kitty (by Lynda Tysdal) Riptide. Murray has a new friend. (22)
- Missing Guild (by Tammy) Sentinel. Blair is missing and Jim is determined to find him. (7)
- Giving Thanks (by Laura Michaels) The Pretender. Jarod invites himself to Thanksgiving dinner at Miss Parker's. (12)
- Island Ways (by Teri Sarick) Lost. A short. (2)
- Go Get Lost (by Teri Sarick) Lost. A short. (3)
- Mainland (by Teri Sarick) Lost. A short. (3)
- The Evil Twin Twist (by Anonymous) CSI: Las Vegas. The team investigates the death of a gay man. (25)
- Perfect (by Tari Sarick) Less Than Perfect/Beauty & the Beast. Clause Casey finds her way down below. (26)
- Second Saturday of the Month (by Susan Macdonald) Gargoyles. Sometimes you have to know who to go to for help. (10)
- Falls the Shadows (by Sheila Paulson) Real Ghostbusters. Gizmos are not for the fainthearted. (15)
- Sam and the Stargate (by Laura Michales) Quantum Leap and Stargate SG-1. Things get a bit complicated when Sam leaps into Sam, uh, Samantha. (19)
- My Kid by K Hanna Korossy (Supernatural) Sam is jumpier than usual. (8)