Black Magic (multimedia zine)
|Publisher:||Neon Rainbow Press|
|Editor(s):||Cinda Gillilan & Jody Norman|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Description from the publisher, "A multi-media "Shipper" zine. Stories from various universes, but the common thread either an original female character interacting (romantically or not) with the series characters, or a focus on the romantic relationship shared between a male and female character from the same series (e.g. Harm and Mac (JAG), Scully and Mulder (X-Files), Matt and Margo (Soldier of Fortune, Inc.), etc.)."
Black Magic 1 was published in 1999 and contains 231 pages.
- A multi-media gen zine with stories that include the original character Dominique D'Esprit Gierard, an agent for a government organization known only as The Vigil. These stories were all previously published in multi-media zines.
- That Old Black Magic (by Cinda Gillilan) Lethal Weapon. Riggs and Roger thought their troubles with McAllaister were over, but they are very, very wrong. Dom arrives with the bad news. Reprinted from Doin' the Job #2. (45)
- A Friend From Out of Town (by Cinda Gillilan) Riptide. Still on the trail of the drug ring that included McAllaister, Dom find herself with an unexpected problem, an injured Nick Ryder. Reprinted from Psychic Investigations #7; also in The Boss and Bodacious Special Gen Collection #1. (32)
- This Favor Bequeathed (by Cinda Gillilan) Stingray. Ray calls in a favor, but the woman he thinks he contacted is really dead. However, before she died Gabrielle passed along her debt to her sister, Dom. Reprinted from Compadres #4. (32)
- A Match Made in Heaven (by Cinda Gillilan) Houston Knights. Dom's been tasked with an assassination, but into the middle of her operation steps two Houston detectives – one in danger of dying, the other in danger of getting himself killed... by Dom! Reprinted from Lone Star Knights #2. (30)
- Within the Sound of My Voice (by Cinda Gillilan) Equalizer. McCall assumed that once he and Mickey escaped from the clutches of Intangible Plastics they'd be safe. He was wrong. Dom and Control save the two men, but that's only the beginning of an odyssey of pain and fear for Mickey. Reprinted from The Equalizer Report #3. (32)
- Sore Thoughts (by Cinda Gillilan) The Devlin Connection. Brian and Nick are fighting – again! But this time the argument means that Brian isn't aware that Nick is missing until it's too late. Dom arrives to help him recover his son before it's too late. Reprinted from Compadres #6. (21)
- Regrets (by Londa Pfeffer) Walker Texas Ranger. When Dom discovers that Jimmy is missing, it sparks a series of memories about when they met. (11)
- In-Law (by Cinda Gillilan) Walker Texas Ranger. Dom finally manages to get to Texas. Jimmy is alive and well, having survived his kidnapping, but that doesn't last long! Reprinted from To Ride the River With #1. (27)
Black Magic 2 was published in 2001 and contains 179 pages.
- A multi-media gen zine with "shipper" (relationship) stories, romance themes, and/or stories that include an original female character(s).
- I'll Be Seeing You (by Kathleen A. Klatte) Farscape. A short missing scene. (1)
- A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words (by Kathleen A. Klatte) FarScape. A short missing scene from "The Locket." (3)
- No Foolin' (by Kathleen A. Klatte) FarScape. A tag scene for the episode "Won't Get Fooled Again." (3)
- Day of Reckoning (by Gillian Holt) War of the Worlds. Colonel Ironhorse disappears and the project members go all out to find him. When they do, they almost wish they hadn't. (38) (reprinted from Advocate Angst; also in Green Floating Weirdness #20)
- Val's Friends (by Teri Sarick) A crossover with The Nanny and Beauty & the Beast. In order to get a special item fixed, Fran is taken to the tunnels, and a young man named Mouse. (11)
- Shadows at Dawn (by Kathleen A. Klatte) X-Files. A missing scene from "Sein und Zeit." A bonding moment. (2)
- Twice Now (by Kathleen A. Klatte) X-Files. Scully and Doggett get to know one another a little better. (4)
- Vision Quest (by Kathleen A. Klatte) X-Files. In New Orleans, Doggett and Scully come up against an unexpected enemy - blindness. (8)
- Franny & the Beast (by Teri Sarick) A crossover with The Nanny and Beauty & the Beast. When Fran spots Mouse, who is being accused of shoplifting, she knows she has to do something. But one thing leads to another, then another and another until she is in the tunnels and meets Vincent. Then things get really interesting. (24)
- Isolation (by iolanthe) Lost in Space. When Don West is killed Judy is thrown into an emotional tailspin. The most unexpected person helps pull her out of it, but can he possibly live up to her expectations? (25)
- A Journey of the Heart (by Sue Ann Sarick) Beauty & the Beast. An alternative, happy ending for Catherine and Vincent, and for Joe and a young woman he meets in the tunnels. (49)
Black Magic 3 was published in 2001 and is 189 pages long.
- Walkin', Talkin' Miracle (by Cinda Gillilan) Lethal Weapon. Riggs return to work after his run-in with Rudd, only to get himself shot, again. (19) Originally published in Compadres #4.
- More Than Words Can Say (by Kathleen A. Klatte) Walker, Texas Ranger. Gage and Sydney have some things they need to say to each other, but it's not easy. (3)
- Words From the Heart (by Kathleen A. Klatte) Walker, Texas Ranger. Gage and Sydney share some of their feelings. (2)
- Missing Moments (by Kathleen A. Klatte) Walker, Texas Ranger. A collection of moments from the series finale. (3)
- Checkmate (by Denyse M. Bridger) The Equalizer. Harley takes a job he shouldn't, and while he's gone, his lover, Robert and Scott are kidnapped. He and Mickey must get them back. (64)
- Daybreak (by Kathleen A. Klatte) X-Files. Scully and Doggett get to know each other a little better. (2)
- Lux et Veritas (by Kathleen A. Klatte) X-Files. Mulder returns, but it's not for long. Long enough, however, to remind Scully about her feelings for him. (12)
- Benita (by M.D. Bloemker) Shadow Chasers. Jon learns one of Benny's most well-guarded secrets. (15)
- A Walk in the Garden: Night-Blooming Jasmine (by Kathleen A. Klatte) JAG. Clayton and Jamie plan their wedding. (10)
- A Walk in the Garden: Lily-of-the-Valley (by Kathleen A. Klatte) JAG. As the wedding draws near, so does trouble. (15)
- A Walk in the Garden: Arbutus (by Kathleen A. Klatte) JAG. A wedding can pull up a lot of feelings, especially for the best man. (9)
- A Walk in the Garden: Ambrosia (by Kathleen A. Klatte) JAG. Just after the wedding, Harm pops the question to Mac. (2)
- Gypsy (by Denyse M. Bridger) X-Men (the movie). Wolverine has some questions he wants answered, and in search of the answers he meets a friend. (15)
- The Millennium Ball (by Kathleen A. Klatte) The West Wing. A Millennium brings out the best in people. (5)
- The Millennium Ball (by Kathleen A. Klatte) X-Files. The ball from Scully and Doggett's point of view. (3)
- The Millennium Ball (by Kathleen A. Klatte) SOF: Special Ops Force. The ball from the team's point of view. (3)
- The Millennium Ball (Soldier of Fortune) (2 pages)
Black Magic 4 was published in 2002 and is 183 pages long.
- Twists of Fate (by Denyse M. Bridger) NYPD Blue. An old friend from John's past returns, stirring up uncomfortable memories for both of them. But as they try to sort out their personal feelings, they are drawn into an encounter with a madman. (27 - adult content)
- A Walk in the Garden: Acanthus (by Kathleen A. Klatte) JAG. A trip to see some beautiful art takes an unexpected twist for Mac and Harm. (4) Originally published on-line.
- A Walk in the Garden: Monkshood (by Kathleen A. Klatte) JAG. Clay comes to Harm and asks a favor: help me rescue a deep cover agent. (10) Originally published in Compadres #19.
- A Walk in the Garden: Indian Jasmine (by Kathleen A. Klatte) JAG. Jamie and Clay spend an afternoon together. (3) Originally published on-line.
- A Walk in the Garden: Laurel (by Kathleen A. Klatte) JAG. The "girls" are helping Jamie move into her new apartment when they are attacked. Jamie, Maggie, and Harriet are all seriously hurt, Mac escaping with only minor injuries. But the event makes everyone reevaluate their feelings. (13) Originally published on-line.
- A Walk in the Garden: Bridal Rose (by Kathleen A. Klatte) JAG. After such a close call, the Admiral and Maggie decide it's time to tie the knot. (14) Originally published on-line.
- Darkest Angel, Fairest Night (by Denyse M. Bridger) Forever Knight. A story from Nick's past, a moment of weakness when he came himself over to passion and to lust. (6 - adult content)
- Rage, and Vengeance (by Denyse M. Bridger) Forever Knight. LaCroix meets a woman who wants nothing more than revenge, and he knows a way she can have it. (5)
- My Sweet Marissa (by Anna McLain) Early Edition. Marissa is loved, and down deep inside, she knows it, too. (2)
- Death Builders (by Becca Koldfurr) Soldier of Fortune, Inc. An assignment finds the team working with Dom in order to rescue several scientists. (25) Originally published in Black Ops #1; also in Watch Your Six #2.
- Fantasy Pages (by Denyse M. Bridger) Special Ops Force. A woman who has become a regular at the Silver Star Bar captures Matt's attention. (11)
- Refracted Lives (by Kathleen A. Klatte) Witchblade. An alternative ending to season one. Love is the greatest cure of all. (3)
- The Encounter (by Denyse M. Bridger) Hercules. While on his way to visit Iphicles, Iolaus meets a young woman who steals his heart. Too bad she's hiding a secret that might destroy them all. (11 - adult content)
- The Conscience of a King (by Denyse M. Bridger) Hercules. The daughter of a woman Iphicles once loved arrives in Corinth, setting into motion a series of events that threatens to destroy a kingdom, and a king. (39 - adult content)
Black Magic 5 was published in 2002 and contains 180 pages.
- Meeting (by Denyse M. Bridger) The Equalizer. Harley Gage meets a woman he can't resist. (2)
- The Truth Within (by Kathleen A. Klatte) X-Files. Scully is missing and John and Monica try frantically to find her. (7)
- To Err is Human (by Denyse M. Bridger) The Equalizer. A woman Mickey once loved comes between him and Scott, and now she's back, and unable to decide which of the two men she really wants. (41)
- Walk in Service, Walk in Honor (by Krista Lebednik) MacGyver. An assignment that's also a holiday takes Mac into a world he's never seen before, and introduces him to the woman of his dreams. (21)
- The Demons Within (by Kathleen A. Klatte) X-Files. A missing scene from "Daemonicus." Scully's thoughts on John. (1)
- Still Out There (by Kathleen A. Klatte) X-Files. A missing scene from "Daemonicus." John and Monica share a hotel room. (2)
- Eternity Begins (by Denyse M. Bridger) Forever Knight. A look at the woman who brought LaCroix over. (8)
- A Whisper of Humanity (by Denyse M. Bridger) Forever Knight. A policewoman catches LaCroix's interest, but Nick refuses to allow him to ruin her life. (22)
- Night/Fall (by Denyse M. Bridger) Forever Knight. When Nick meets a woman from the ballet, he finds himself falling in love, but tragedy strikes, destroying their chances for happiness, but not for a very special gift. (20)
- Learning to Understand (by Kathleen A. Klatte) FarScape. Aeryn reaches a conclusion. (1)
- Dreamscape (by Kathleen A. Klatte) FarScape. John has an adventure in a fairytale land. (22)
- The Night of the Long Voyage (by Peggy Hartsook) Wild Wild West. A woman crosses paths with Artemus and Jim while they're in need of a helping hand. (14)
- That Could Go Wrong... (by Michelle Fortado) Magnificent Seven. Buck's smitten, but the lady isn't playing easy to get. (7)
- The Stilly Night (by Anna McLain) Gladiator. A fond farewell to love. (3)