|Type:||fanfic writer, fanzine editor|
|Fandoms:||Blake's 7, Quantum Leap, Real Ghostbusters, Sentinel, Stargate: SG-1, Star Wars, LOTR, may, many more|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Sheila Paulson has been active in fandom since 1977 and is possibly the most prolific fanfic writer in media fandom.
In 2009, she estimated that she may have written as many as 750 stories. A fan in 1991 refered to Paulson as the "Michael Caine of fan fiction": "I just mean she turns up a lot." 
Paulson is also a fan artist.
In Her Own Words
I discovered fanfic existed when I read a book called Star Trek Lives by David Gerrold way back in the 70s. The first con I went to had zines and I bought them all. I sent my first stories off in '78, Star Wars stuff. Zines were the only option then. Once I was on line, I happened upon fanfic fairly quickly though there wasn't much of it in the beginning. In a way, I find much of the zine stuff more satisfying; maybe it's just that I like to hold it in my hands and curl up and read. TS fanfic on line is usually great, but I've read stuff in other fandoms that my friend's five year old could outdo...
[The first piece of fan fiction I ever read was] ...was Mind-Sifter, a Classic Trek series that came out in |a published book as a collection of zine stories. Blew me away. I wanted to write fanfic from that moment on....[The first fan fiction I wrote]: My first TS story was Legends, a crossover with The Real Ghostbusters. I didn't post it, I sent it to a zine, Compadres, a multi-media zine. The first story I posted wasn't a TS one and I'd been writing for zines for so long that it just seemed like one more place to submit. Most of the things I've posted have been stories previously zined. 
Some of Her Activities and Awards
- She maintained The Real Ghostbusters Fan Page.
- In 1993, she was recognized as 'Author of the Year' by the FanQ Awards.
- In 2002 she was awarded a FanQ Award as Best Editor of a multimedia fanzine (Keymaster).
- In 2008 she won the Best LOTR Story FanQ Award for Til Spirit Voices Wake Us, published in Things That Go Bump in the Night. Her stand alone LOTR zine Honor also won an Honorable Mention FanQ that year.
Fanfiction and Zines
This is only a tiny sample:
Differences | Choices | Clone | Journey's End | Healer | Limbo | Alliances | Game of Humanity | Decoy | Heartsounds | Stand-in | A Man Called Bear | Stress Factors | The Froma | Overload | Program | Families | Mindrape | The Way To Go Home | Link-up | The Shattering | Comfort | The Seventh Gate | In Search of the Guardians | The Book of Fate | The Thing with Feathers | The Shape of Familiar Things | The Music of Tears and Memory | The Lost City of Haroon
back cover of Southern Seven #1
cover of Something... Unfriendly
cover of The Color of Magic
cover of Accelerator Accidents
- The Real Ghostbusters Fan Page
- Sheila Paulson's Sentinel stories at the Cascade Library (includes an author interview and short bio)
- List of her Stargate fiction
- Some of her Blake's 7 fiction
- Some of her other fan fiction
- Some of her LOTR fan fiction
- More SG1, Real Ghostbusters, and Rat Patrol Fiction
- Reviews of her fan fiction
- Sheila Paulson's fan fiction on AO3 including some Blake's 7 and Stargate SG-1 fics that are only available to registered users of the archive.