End of the Rainbow
|Title:||End of the Rainbow|
|Publisher:||Neon Rainbow Press|
|Editor(s):||Cinda Gillilan & Jody Norman|
|External Links:||flyer here|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
End of the Rainbow is a multifandom anthology.
End of the Rainbow 1 was published in 2010 and contains 233 pages. It is gen, and the art is by Brate.
- Transgression (by Denyse M. Bridger) Robin of Sherwood Life for Robin and the others becomes more complicated when a strange woman joins the band. (63)
- A Story Book Ending (by JJJunky) A Hogan's Heroes and Twelve O'Clock High crossover When Colonel Joseph Gallagher ends up in German hands, it's a good thing he's sent someplace where there are friends who can help him escape. (23)
- Sumerian Surprise (by Sheila Paulson) Real Ghostbusters Peter has a bad feeling, and, as usual, he's right. (36)
- On the Road Again (by Teri Sarick) The X-Files Mulder and Scully are on the run with baby William. (16)
- Small Problem (by Susan Macdonald) She Spies The ladies have a small problem that requires their attention. Cassie, Shane, and D. D. must prevent the assassination of King Otto of Wachovia. Guest starring Dr. Arthur Ramsay from Threshold. (9)
- Assistants (by Teri Sarick) Multi-media. A meeting of the assistants can provide amazing revelations. (18)
- Six and Two (by Rubygirl) Stargate Atlantis Ronon gives Sheppard some advice. (3)
- The New Frontier (by Sue-Ann Sarick) A Star Trek: The Next Generation and Lazarus Man crossover. When the Lazarus Man finds himself on board the Starship Enterprise, his life is forever changed, but learning to live in this future world is going to take some getting used to, as well as some friends to help him along the way. (54)
End of the Rainbow 1.5 is slash. It was published in 2012 and contains 138 pages. All of the stories are by The Tenth Muse 1.
- Hawaii 5-O, 2 stories, 11 pages
- Person of Interest, 1 story, 1 page
- NCIS LA, 2 stories 9 pages
- NCIS, 1 story, 2 pages
- Leverage, 7 stories, 44 pages
- Sentinel, 1 story, 14 pages
- Poltergeist: The Legacy, 1 story, 9 pages
- Hellboy, 5 stories, 38 pages
End of the Rainbow 2 is gen. It was published in 2012 (zine says copyright is March 2012, debut in May 2012) and contains 164 pages. The zine itself, as well as individual content, was nominated for a FanQ.
Welcome to our second issue of End of the Rainbow. We really do appreciate all the support you, dear readers and writers, give us in this labor of love. And we do love zinesl
This is our newest multi-media title, into which we have rolled all of our older multi-media titles - Compadres (buddy and team shows). Ouch! (hurt/comfort stories), and A Small Circle of Friends (recycled stories). So, as you might guess, we invite buddy and team stories, hurt/comfort stories, and recycled stories to fill up these pages!
You have a great cross-section of fics here, too! Some sci-fi, and some action adventure, westerns, WWII, and more!A big "Thank You!" goes out to the writers who made this zine possible: Brate, Cindy Carrier, JJJunky, LaraMee, Susan Macdonald, Kristi Nelson, Sheila Paulson, Nancy Platte, Rubygirl29, and Teri Sarick. They came up with some fun stories. Some are already posted online, others are new.
- Story of Heyes & Curry, filk to the tune of The Brady Bunch Theme by Kristi Nelson (Alias Smith and Jones) (11)
- Changing Directions by Cinda Carrier Lancer. Johnny is having a hard time adjusting to life as Johnny Lancer. (Lancer) ("This is one of three "gift stories" coordinated among a little group of Lancer friends. This story was first published in the October, 2006 Boston Homecoming Zine, produced by Yucca Flower Press.") (12)
- Brooker to Rob, filk to the tune of "Ticket to Ride" by Kristi Nelson (Alias Smith and Jones) (32)
- Lost in Translation by Brate Dirty Dozen: The Series. Feke and Leeds disagree over the meaning of a word. (34)
- An Ode to TJ, filk to the tune of "Please, Mr. Custer" by Nancy Platte (Ba Ba Black Sheep) (36)
- Wheel of Fire by JJJunky Jericho. An assignment takes a deadly turn. (38)
- Mistaken Identity by JJJunky The Professionals. Doyle feels guilty about how an assignment starts. (42)
- McGinty's by Teri Sarick Early Edition. Some thought on the bar. (48)
- Alien Sushi by Susan Macdonald. A crossover with War of the Worlds, The Master and Cover Up. Aliens can create problem. It's good to have friend who can help. This story originally appeared in 1990 in CrosSignals #2. (49)
- The Mewlips by Sheila Paulson Shadow Chasers. Jon and Benny find themselves trapped in an undergroundworld. (57)
- Roots of Evil by Brate The Sentinel. Simon ought to know better than to send Jim out alone. (nominated for 2013 FanQ) (96)
- Bird in a Gilded Cage by Sheila Paulson The Sentinel. Jim finds himself a hostage, and the only way to escape would cost a woman her life. This story is based on The Champions episode "The Gilded Cage." (nominated for 2013 FanQ) (100)
- The Next Day Job by LaraMee Leverage. Eliot discovers that you can't bounce back from a beating. (nominated for 2013 FanQ) (Author's note: "is is a tag to "The Carnival Job." Because Eliot needed more than Nurse Gayle after the day he'd had! This Is my first attempt at a Leverage fic, so please be kind. I haven't seen a lot of the episodes; but enough, I think, to get the gist of it all. But after watching The Carnival Job online... several times... I just HAD to write a tag!! Many thanks to Kimber for the medical advice, and to Sue N. for helping me to focus on someone besides Eliot... for a second, anyway. Thanks to Pamela for all of her support, to Mattie and Renegade for fact finding, and to Maggie May for all those late night, only somewhat pervy, discussions about a certain blue-eyed bad ass!") (145)
- Better Than Dead by Brate Stargate SG-1. Jack isn't having much of a day. (nominated for a 2013 FanQ) (150)
- Running by Rubygirl29 Stargate Atlantis. Sheppard wants to ask Ronon to stay. (nominated for 2013 FanQ) (154)
- Worse Than a Car Ride with Children by Brate Stargate Atlantis. Sheppard and McKay. (161)
- Reach Out and Touch Someone by Brate Stargate Atlantis. More Sheppard and McKay. (163)
- The Night the Amnesty Came Through (by Nancy Platte) Alias Smith and Jones. Heyes and the Kid have a lot to celebrate. (12)
- Methods of Persusaion (by The Neon Gang) Magnificent Seven. CHris and Vin end up the captives of a vindictive man. (46)
- Forever Man (by Duval) Houston Knights. Lundy is having bad dreams. (17)
- Cheek to Cheek (by Duval) War of the Worlds. Harrison and Paul share a shower. (5)
- The Promise of Things to Come (by Lorin Zane) Due South. What to do when you know the worst is coming. (15)
- Lying in Wait (by Morgan MacCarin & Tara MacKenzie) Poltergeist: The Legacy.. Derek sets a trap for Nick. (14)
- Jungle Love (by Casey Squire) Sentinel. Jim's reaction to Blair lands them in the middle of the jungle. (17)
- Some Like it Rough (by DarkAngel) Without a Trace. Martin is attacked in his apartment. Warning: BDSM elements.(8)
End of the Rainbow 3 is gen. It was published in 2014 and contains 190 pages.
- Dogs of War (by JJJunky) Horatio Hornblower. Horatio ends up a captive of the French. (20)
- Grandpa (by Susan Macdonald) The Master, A-Team, Cover Up crossover. McAllister meets someone he has been looking for, but things get complicated. (15)
- Five Times the Headmaster of Hogwarts Drank Firewhiskey and One Time... (by Susan Macdonald) Harry Potter. The title really says it all. (6)
- Torrid Zone (by Sheila Paulson) The Real Ghostbusters. The Ghostbusters have to set a wrong to rights. (45)
- Happy Hour (by Teri Sarick) Quantum Leap, Early Edition, et al.. Time travel can be a real pain sometimes. (20)
- Saved (by Teri Sarick) Lost. An alternative ending to the series. (69)
- a series of shorts by Teri Sarick. (4)
End of the Rainbow 3.5 is slash. It was published in 2014 and contains 158 pages.
From the publisher: "And we're doing something different for the slash issues. We'll be dedicating each issue to particular author (or group of authors) we enjoy. In this we celebrate Paige Aaron, Kaed, rubygirl29, The Tenth Muse 1, and Zypher. Thank you, ladies!"
- Paige Aarom for her NCIS stories! (67)
- Kaed for her Hawaii 5-O story. (4)
- rubygirl29 for her Hawaii 5-O stories (21) and her Stargate Atlantis stories (44).
- The Tenth Muse 1 for her Sentiel story (4) and her Supernatural story (5).
- Zypher for her Alias Smith and Jones story (3).
End of the Raindbow 4 was published in July 2015 and contains 166 pages.
- The Promises (by Sheila Paulson) The Hobbit. Some promises must be kept, no matter how painful. (10)
- Tunnels 9/11 (by Teri Sarick) Beauty & the Beast. Vincent is frantic as he waits to hear from his wife and son. (18)
- Queen of Spies (by Susan Macdonald) She Spies, Airwolf, The Quest crossover. The She Spies meet the Queen, who was once a spy herself. (15)
- R.E.M. (by Teri Sarick) Life on Mars. What's a dream, and what reality? (12)
- 9 Leverage Stories (by Diane RH Smith) Leverage. These are all Elliot-centric stories, some short and some long. (100)
End of the Rainbow 5 was published in 2016 and contains 147 pages.
- The Dime Novel (by Ramona Lucius) Alias Smith and Jones. The Kid discovers a whole new world. (3)
- Lagilli (by Sheila Paulson) Shadow Chasers. Benny get in over his head while investigating a UFO. (56)
- Milady Buffy (by Susan Macdonald) Buffy. Everyone needs to go to a Renn Faire at least once. (2)
- How It Should Be (by rubygirl29) Hawaii 5-O. An alternative for the Season 2 debut. (6)
- It Should Be: The Healing (by rubygirl29) Hawaii 5-O. An alternative for the Season 2 debut. (5)
- To Put Away Childish Things (by K Hanna Korossy) Supernatural. A new case brings up old memories. (9)
- Cast of Characters (by Jill S. Wells) Person of Interest. An alternative following the Season 3 finale. (3)
- By Grapthar (by Susan Macdonals) Harry Potter crossover with Galaxy Quest. Snape goes to visit a relative. (3)