|Creator:||David Howard & Robert Gordon (screenplay);|
Dean Parisot (director);
Mark Johnson and Charles Newirth (producers)
|Date(s):||December 25, 1999|
|Country of Origin:||United States|
|External Links:||Galaxy Quest|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The film parodies mainly the television series Star Trek and related media activities such as fandom and fan conventions. It stars Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Alan Rickman, Tony Shalhoub, Sam Rockwell, and Daryl Mitchell as the actors that made up the cast of a defunct television series called Galaxy Quest.
Eighteen years after their show was cancelled, at a Galaxy Quest convention full of dedicated fans, Jason Nesmith are approached by a group of people who identify themselves as "Thermians from the Klaatu Nebula". He humored them and said he would help them, however he eventually realized the truth. That the Thermians are actually aliens and they thought the show was a historical documentary of their adventures, and that they modelled their society on the ethos of the series. Jason manages to convince his ex-co-workers on the reunion gig and try to save the Thermians from destruction by an warlord.
Cast of Galaxy Quest:
- Jason Nesmith, the actor who played Cmdr. Peter Quincy Taggart, the captain of the Protector on the fictional series.
- Gwen DeMarco, the actress who played Lt. Tawny Madison, the Computer Officer of the Protector, who performed communication duties.
- Alexander Dane, the actor who played Dr. Lazarus of Tev'Meck. Lazarus is a "Mak'tar", a member of an alien species renowned for their intellect, who also possess psionic abilities.
- Fred Kwan, the actor who played Tech Sgt. Chen. Chen is in charge of the engine room and the operator of the "digital conveyor" (akin to the Star Trek transporter).
- Guy Fleegman, an actor who had a minor role as a disposable character in a single episode of the original series. Guy has become a "Questerian" (akin to Trekkie).
- Tommy Webber an child actor who played Lt. Laredo, his role is that of the pilot.
- Mathesar, the leader of the Thermians.
- Laliari, a Thermian crew member who falls in love with Fred.
- Quellek, a Thermian who idolizes the Dr. Lazarus character.
- Gen. Roth'h'ar Sarris, a warlike humanoid insectoid-reptilian who destroyed the Thermian home planet and most of their race, being bent on their destruction.
- Brandon, a devoted Galaxy Quest fan with an encyclopedic knowledge of the show. Portrayed by Justin Long.
- Kyle, a devout Galaxy Quest fan and Brandon's friend.
- The Rebirth of Brandon Wheeger by janicechess. Widely recommended story written for Yuletide 2008
- The Headaches, the Heartaches, the Backaches, the Flops by Maidenjedi; "Gwen DeMarco and the first rise and fall of Galaxy Quest." (2012)
- Is there air? You don't know! by KarimT (Guy)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Quest (spoof fan poster of mashed up GQ/Guardians of the Galaxy)