|See also:||comedy, fluff, sillyfic, crack|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The United States Supreme Court has defined parody as "the use of some elements of a prior author's composition to create a new one that, at least in part, comments on that author's works." U.S. law protects most parody under the fair use doctrine, and several other countries have similar "fair dealing" protections.
- My Immortal, a parody of Harry Potter badfic
- 100 Proof Positive, a parody of the Star Trek: TOS fanfic Proof Positive
- Flake's Seven, an anthology of Blake's 7 parody stories
- JediStarDarkFalconKnight, a Star Wars parody zine
- Brokeback Mountain Parody Trailers
- I Ship It, a Multi-Fandom crack/non-canon fanvid parody of Icona’s Pop "I Love It".
- X-MEN BORN THIS WAY, an X-Men fanvid parody of Lady Gaga's "Born This Way".
- SLASHSTREET BOYS - “I'LL KILL YOU THAT WAY" - parody video of The Backstreet Boys as the "Slashstreet Boys": Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, Ghostface, Michael Myers, and Leatherface.
- Deep Grope, a Star Trek: TOS slash anthology
- Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series, a parody fan-dub of the anime series Yu-Gi-Oh
- Most plays by Team StarKid, including A Very Potter Musical Series
- Adapted from the definition at the Parody article at Wikipedia. Accessed 30 November 2013.
- See also Merriam-Webster Dictionary's definition:
(n.) 1. a literary or musical work in which the style of an author or work is closely imitated for comic effect or in ridicule
2. a feeble or ridiculous imitation
- Campbell v. Acuff-Rose Music, Inc. 510 U.S. 569 (1994). See the Wikipedia article and the full text of the decision. (Accesses 30 November 2013.)