Congrats Elfwreck on knocking out a bunch of our Bingo challengers!
Stub September 2020!
Hey Elfwreck, thanks for all your recent edits to our stub pages. You've earned three shiny new badges. One is for adding so much content to Phineas and Ferb that it is no longer a stub, and another for identifying that the AO3 Census: Masterpost is no longer a stub. You've also earned our bonus badge for going the extra miles on Robin (DC Comics). Well done!
Hey Elfwreck! Congratulations. You've earned the last two badges for your edits to stub pages and creating a brand new stub page.
Stub September activity
- Phineas and Ferb - add internal links, description of the fandom, a few fanworks
- AO3 Census: Masterpost - should not have been a stub; also needed internal links & some formatting
- Robin (DC Comics) - added canon & fanon details for the 5 main Robins, a few other links
- fanpol - expand definition, add eaxmples of use
- Add Stub category to small swarm of doujinshi by Keisuke (fan) that don't have any details beyond fandom, creator, and cover image
- N.K. Jemisin - add mention of Hugo Awards. Still a stub.
- Booker (TV) - add a link to The Old Guard's "Booker" character, and a few other notes.
- Biker Mice from Mars - this had a ton of group links but no description. Added description; remove stub tag, but it's still pretty sparse
- Ko-fi needed a mention of AO3's not allowing it
- Block needed a page
- Koriand'r needed a mention of DC Comics: Bad at Math
- The Flying Nun got a little more detail, and some fanart
- Five Nights at Freddy's could still use some love
- Rose Lalonde was a bad idea to edit - the page had like 50 words and I still got hit with spoilers I didn't want to see, dammit.
Hi! We're belatedly setting up the gardeners mailing list, so if you're still committed to gardening, could you send an email to volunteers at transformativeworks.org subj:wiki-gardener so that they can subscribe you using that email address? Lemme know if our astonishing slackness has changed your mind about being a gardener. --Betty 03:01, 11 November 2008 (UTC)
- I just want to say that I love the info you're adding about filks and filking. I don't know much about it and am learning all sorts of new things. --Mrs. Potato Head 14:48, 4 May 2010 (UTC)
Hey there. If you have time, would you read over the glossary pages I made for copyright, Fair Use, Creative Commons and the changes I made to Intellectual Property and make sure that in trying to make simple definitions, I didn't simplify to the point of meaninglessness or some other transgression? I would really appreciate your more knowledgeable eyes on those pages. Thanks! (and anyone else is welcome too, of course) --facetofcathy 17:47, 10 May 2010 (UTC)
album template question
Hello! The only way I could find for removing included categories from certain individual pages that use the template was here, and it looks like it would be as complicated as added the category manually. Do you know of another way? Otherwise, we'll either have to remove the filk music category from the template or restrict the template to filk album articles only. I don't know how many non-filk album pages there are likely to be.--æthel 22:47, 4 May 2010 (UTC)
- Non-filk albums might include individual fanmixes, Dr. Demento albums, and movie soundtracks. (Off the top of my head, the soundtracks for Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Terminator (2?) and Akira were memorable & part of many people's fandom experiences.) So, ahm, maybe there should be a "filk album" and "album" template? --Elfwreck 14:42, 25 September 2010 (UTC)
You also earned this badge with your contribution to the DeadJournal article stub.
Help with Infobox Creation?
Hi Elfwreck, under the help category it suggested if we needed help we could contact a gardener so I'm going ahead and doing that. I am trying to make a new infobox template for Art Roleplay Games, and you can find that template page here.
I am not code savvy so I copy and paste other infobox code then insert what needs to go there. But I can't figure out how to fix an issue I'm having where once I put the infobox template into a page, then type into the sections (like arpgname= Fawnlings), once I hit preview nothing shows up after the =. I can't figure out how to get it to show and the template help pages aren't really explaining the problem either. Could you possibly help me? Thanks! Patchlamb (talk) 19:47, 16 February 2020 (UTC)
Fanlore Bingo 2020!
Hey, Elf! Congrats on getting Bingo and Blackout on your Beginner Bingo card already! Here are your shiny badges:
- Amazing work, Elf! You've blacked out both of your cards for the Bingo Challenge! That means you've earned the remaining three badges for the Bingo Challenge, so here they are...
A spot for random comments that don't belong in any other section!
Hello! Thank you so much for helping me during the bingo period! I appreciate it, especially during what probably is a busy period for n00b questions. OT: I see you collected Elfquest! Alas I could not, but I do recall spending hours in the mall reading available copies during the mid-1980s. ^^; WhitedSepu (talk) 03:11, 15 June 2020 (UTC)
Hey Elfwreck! I saw your message about Dabi/Hawks and oh boi do I agree with you! In fact, I feel like quite a lot of the BNHA pages need to be updated or created, given how the story is unfolding. I do want to make a page for Enji Todoroki, seeing how Horikoshi is hellbent on redeeming him and how fans are very conflicted about that. And Enji is quite integral to the Dabi/Hawks dynamic so it would make sense to do so. Do let me know if you're cool with working together on these massive updates. But I have to let you know in advanced that I have my finals going on till the end of this month, so I won't be able to give adequate attention to adding info. Cheers^^ --Mika Marguerite (talk) 07:01, 13 June 2021 (UTC)