I saw you thanked me for my edit. Thanks so much! I'm new to this site so glad to know I did a good job...I was very surprised to find my main fandom's page was a stub when the fandom's been around for so long. I think I have some work to do...well, "work"...it's fun. EvilToTheCore13 (talk) 16:04, 2 June 2020 (UTC) EvilToTheCore13
- No thank you! I learned a lot reading the Resident Evil fandom section you wrote! I think that's the page you meant. Sometimes we just create stubs without knowing much about the fandom, in the hope that someone from that fandom will flesh them out. (And there are a lot of stub pages for video game fandoms unfortunately.) I look forward to reading some of your future edits --Auntags (talk) 16:40, 2 June 2020 (UTC)
Fanlore Bingo 2020!
Hey, Auntags! Brilliant work on your edits for the Fanlore Bingo Challenge - for getting Bingo! and Blackout! on your Beginner Bingo card, and Bingo! on your Expert Bingo card, you've earned three badges! Here they are:
Ship War Infobox
- You're welcome! I've been looking (lovingly) at Category:Shipwars for months, trying to figure out how it fix its autoadding problem. --Auntags (talk) 10:35, 7 July 2020 (UTC)
Names for ship pages
"Full name/full name" seemed to be the most common format for ship pages, with occasional "first name/first name" and "shipname" ones. I thought it would be good to standardize them. --Azdaema (talk) 23:42, 4 August 2020 (UTC)
- Fanlore does not standardize ship names. We encourage editors to name pages using the preferred in-fandom ship name. So page names vary considerably and there is often a lot of debate about naming or renaming pages. We encourage this debate, and we are happy to rename pages when there is a consensus. But it is very important that the proper procedure is followed to ensure the edit history of each page is maintained --Auntags (talk) 23:52, 4 August 2020 (UTC)
- Jumping in to comment that it would save a lot of headaches if the ability to move articles/images was granted to a wider range of contributors. I've been uploading a lot of Creative Commons-licensed fanart recently, and a few typos have slipped into the filenames. I added "Attention Gardener" tags to the files requesting renames/deletions, and it's been over a week. I understand people are busy, but it's not like there's a huge backlog. I'd gladly mop up my own mess if it were in my power. Night Rain (talk) 00:53, 5 August 2020 (UTC)
- Hi Night Rain, looks like those attention gardener tags were addressed by Frogspace while I was asleep --Auntags (talk) 09:30, 5 August 2020 (UTC)
- Answering a question asked by Azdaema in a since deleted comment on this page. The guidelines for naming a page are on Help:Relationship pages. Very often with fandoms older than Ao3's naming conventions, FullName/FullName was not the norm. So you will see many pages on Fanlore that only use first names or surnames, and more recently we've had pages created with the ship's smoosh name. We cannot standardize naming conventions because there is no standardization in fandom.
- If anyone wants to rename a page, they must first start a discussion with other contributors on that page's talk page. Fanlore is a collaborative project, so we do have to work with other people and take their views and experiences into account before making a decision.--Auntags (talk) 09:30, 5 August 2020 (UTC)
- Makes sense to have a flexible policy. I've been around long enough to remember when Last Name/Last Name was the standard. But I think that some level of standardization in how ship articles are titled would be preferable. At least to the extent that ship articles for the same fandom should adhere to a single convention, unless there is a notable exception. That way we won't get a disordered array of article titles like "Harry/Hermione,” "Hermione Granger/Luna Lovegood," and "Drarry." Consistency in titling is neater, but could also help prevent edit wars. I've seen fans be weirdly defensive of a particular iteration of a ship name, and it would be easier to defuse any disagreements that might arise if one could just say "Ships in this fandom follow X titling convention." Night Rain (talk) 19:57, 5 August 2020 (UTC)
Lately I've gotten in trouble a couple times for not following procedure, so I figured I should check with someone before doing this.
Fanlore allows PDFs as a file type, so it's possible to upload a PDF of a fic and attach it to said fic's page. This seems like a good idea to me, especially for "lost" fics that don't have a version you can just link to. Would this be alright? --Azdaema (talk) 19:22, 6 August 2020 (UTC)
- Sorry but Fanlore does not host fanfictions. The PDF files currently uploaded to Fanlore consist of fannish lists, convention materials and syllabus descriptions for fannish academic courses. That's the kind of material we are allowed to upload to Fanlore, but entire fanfics would not be allowed. --Auntags (talk) 21:03, 6 August 2020 (UTC)
Stub September 2020
Hi, Auntags! Thanks for your recent edit to Baby Yoda. You’ve earned a Stub September badge for identifying a page that is no longer a stub.
Hello again, and thanks for all your edits to Fanlore pages today! You've earned two more badges, for creating and for adding to stubs.
Congrats - you've earned another Stub September badge! Thanks for making enough edits to The Prydonian that it is no longer a stub.
- Hi, Auntags! Thank you for adding content to Tegan Jovanka, de-stubbing the article and removing the stub flag. By editing another page, you've walked the extra mile and I'm happy to send you a lovely new badge for your work:
- Congratulations! I hope you enjoyed the event :D SecurityBreach (talk) 13:30, 16 September 2020 (UTC)
Hi, Auntags! Thanks for adding fanwork examples to a character page. Here's your badge for completing Day 4 of the 2021 IFD Fanlore Challenge. Keep up the good work! --Emma M (talk) 21:40, 18 February 2021 (UTC)
Fanlore Bingo 2021
Hello, Auntags! Congratulations on completing your Bingo on your Beginner Bingo and Expert Bingo cards and for a complete Beginner Blackout! Here are your fabulous badges! Fairestcat (talk) 10:01, 10 June 2021 (UTC)
Just thought I'd offer my thanks to you for continuing to update the Destielgate page. I haven't been adding much to it lately cause I've been focusing on other pages (and also cause I'm running out of stuff I know about it) but I'm pleased it's still being documented. Hope you're doing good anyway? -- OfMonstersAndWerewolves (talk) 19:15, 11 June 2021 (UTC)
- Aww thanks! I have a feeling that page will see additions by multiple editors for years to come, and it still won't be done XD I'm good now that its the weekend! Happy editing --Auntags (talk) 19:33, 12 June 2021 (UTC)