|Date(s):||2010 - 2013|
|Type:||Big Bang challenge|
|Associated Community:||paperlegends (LiveJournal)|
|URL:||Merlin Big Bang 2010 masterlist|
Merlin Big Bang 2011 masterlist
Merlin Big Bang 2012 masterlist | A-P
Merlin Big Bang 2012 masterlist | R-Z
Merlin Big Bang 2012 masterlist | standalone entries
Merlin Big Bang 2013 masterlist | A-H
Merlin Big Bang 2013 masterlist | I-S
Merlin Big Bang 2013 masterlist | T-Z
Merlin Big Bang 2013 masterlist | standalone entries
Paper Legends Big Bang (AO3 collection)
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Posting of the entries for the 2010 round started on August 30, 2010. Posting for the 2011 and 2012 rounds started August 1.
For the 2011 Big Bang adelagia created a series of Merlin Big Bang art featuring Arthur as a brave author, signing up for Big Bang, and Merlin as his cheerleader.
The Apple Grove by piscaria (Merlin/Arthur, with a small side of Arthur/Gwen and Gwen/Lancelot).
- Summary: After saving Arthur from Morgause in a very public display of magic, Merlin must flee into the forest to avoid Uther's men. Living apart from civilization, Merlin loses his mind to the wild magic that teaches him how to survive on his own. A year later, rumours of a magical wild man finally reach Camelot. Arthur convinces his father to let him lead the small troop of knights responsible for hunting down and killing Merlin. Torn between his duty to Camelot and his feelings for Merlin, Arthur must somehow draw Merlin back from the wild magic. However, he must hurry, for Morgana has seen Merlin's hiding place in her visions, and she and Morgause are eager to seek revenge.
- Art: yue_ix
- Summary: The story isn't quite ready for posting yet, but the summary is as follows... As if the aftermath of the Dragon's attack weren't enough, Camelot has just been invaded. Uther has made too many enemies of ordinary rivals and sorcerers alike, and now they have finally joined forces. Everyone has either been captured or has fled, except Merlin - now a spy in this invader's ranks. With mysterious resistances on the rise, prisoners held and prisoners lost, allies fleeting and enemies changing with every face, friends and foes start to blur together after a while, and it's all Merlin can do to keep them apart and save Camelot, and keep his heart intact through it all - or, at least, what little he has left of it, shattered as it was before. Merlin has to deal with castle politics, odd seduction, secret armies, Arthur enslaved, and magic, magic, everywhere. Because for a kingdom without magic, Camelot certainly has a lot of magic.
Avalon's Blessed Apples by emerish (Arthur/Merlin, Will). Word Count: 35,900.
- Summary: Merlin leads a peaceful life on a secluded island Avalon until one stormy evening he rescues a man from a sinking ship. As it turns out, the man, Arthur had lost his eyesight that fateful evening. Merlin wants to cure him, even when they don't get along at first. Meanwhile, someone has freed the Holy Beast, resulting in chaos, and it's up to Merlin with help of others to kill it, meanwhile trying to fight the inappropriate feelings towards Arthur. But nothing ever goes as planned.
- Art: sweetestel
- Summary: Modern Football AU (RPF). Merlin Emrys, a footballer from lower-league Plymouth, does not expect to be thrown into the limelight at Manchester United, the biggest club in the world. He doesn't expect to meet Gawain Rooney. He doesn't expect to play for England. He doesn't expect to meet a pop star. He doesn't expect to fall in love. Merlin Emrys is in for a few surprises...
Break Like Time: The Fifth Column by rose_mina (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: ~31,000.
- Summary: Canon AU. Three prominent rebellion factions plague Albion, the strongest of which are the Dragonlords. When Merlin is made royal manservant to the Prince's household for (accidentally) saving his life, he is more than happy to play spy on the oppressive Pendragons per his father's, the leader of the Dragonlords, request. Little did he know that he would grow to care about those he meets on the other side.
- Art: Break Like Time: The Fifth Column, fic trailer by aeternitasbeach
The Casebook by baba_o_reily (Gen, Merlin & Arthur). Word Count: 22,722.
- Summary: Holmesian AU. The year is 1891. Arthur Pendragon and his partner Dr. Merlin Emrys have been contracted to solve a series of impossible murders that have an odd connection to the Royal Society of London and ancient alchemical practice. Scotland Yard, led by the formidable Home Secretary Uther Pendragon, is refusing to see reason in their attempt to quell the growing fears of the city's inhabitants. So it's up to the boys to find the real killer before it's too late.
- Art: ?
Crash Into Me by dreamdustmama (Arthur/Merlin, Morgana/Gwen). Word Count: 27,363.
- Summary: At the end of their first year of university Arthur decides to take Merlin on a road trip, and holds on to the hope that before it's over they'll be more than just friends. Morgana decides she and Gwen are going to come along, and Merlin and Gwen decide they're both insane. Along the (admittedly short) road to true love there are roller coasters, flat tires, chocolate, sheep, pillow fights, food fights, keychains, and memories that will last a lifetime.
- Art: zephre
- Summary: After his wife is killed, Uther quits being a reverend and turns his back on God and religion. Arthur follows his father’s hatred, until he meets Merlin, a trainee priest, who takes it upon himself to help Arthur foster his own faith and belief.
- Art: jhava
Drawn to Any Good (Or, The Education of Lord Arthur Pendragon) by chibirhm (Arthur/Merlin, with some Guinevere/Lancelot). A little under 60K.
- Summary: Being the peculiar account of the courtship of Lord Arthur Pendragon and Merlin Emrys, Professional Magician and Entertainer. (Or: That magical early Victorian AU where being gay doesn't mean you go to jail.)
- Art: thedeathchamber
- Summary: November, 1793. Robespierre's terror system is in full sway in Revolutionary France. Loyalist, monarchist Toulon has surrendered to the British, who occupy the harbour. The French are trying to repulse the British and the British are trying to thwart their attempts. British spy Arthur Pendragon is involved in the effort and gets arrested on French soil. As a spy, he's likely to be condemned to the guillotine by the Revolutionary Tribunal. Thankfully, there are young heroes around who happen to be bumbling idiots by day and adventurers by night. They may or may not go by the name "Scarlet Pimpernel."
- Art: korilian
Forever Love (The Round Table Remix) by hopenight (Emerson (Merlin)/Arthur). Word Count: 24, 067.
- Summary: This is your typical, run-of-the-mill, totally average reincarnation (immortality included!) story…except it’s not. Arthur is immortal with a time limit hanging over his head. M. Emerson Gray is the latest rebirth without a clue. Except Emerson does have a clue, eccentricities, and a kickass store. Merlin is trapped in mirrors and remains very sarcastic. Lawrence is totally awesome but gets kidnapped. Galahad is having number-gasms. The knights get plastered and bemoaned the long lost days when they didn’t have to meddle in homoerotic love affairs. And Arthur? Arthur is just socially awkward and adorable. This is the story of two men falling in love while knowing the truth about the other (even if the other doesn’t know they know). The question is can they do it in the midst of craziness, crossdressing, and colossal insecurities? Well yes, they can. But the ride to the beginning of it all is heaps better than the story of the relationship itself.
- Summary: In the wake of the dragon's escape, Morgana is missing and Uther is running Arthur and his knights ragged with fruitless searching. As the hunt continues, Merlin must come to terms with his growing feelings for Arthur, his discomfort at the way Arthur throws himself into danger in order to prove himself to his father, and his suspicion that Morgause may not be as evil as he'd once thought. Just as things begin to fall into place, a revelation about Gwen's past throws the court into turmoil, causing Uther's rage to spiral out of control. Finally, prompted by the return of Mordred, Merlin and Arthur must choose between Uther's Camelot and the people they love, perhaps including each other.
- Art: chosenfire28
- Summary: Modern AU. Arthur is heir to the powerful Pendragon Corporation. He is set to marry rising socialite Gwen in the hope that it will please his distant father, Uther Pendragon, and secure the company for future generation of Pendragons. It was logical, and he expected being married to Gwen would make him happy. However he did not expect to meet Merlin on the night of their engagement party.
Home is home, though it be homely by nyargles (Arthur/Merlin, Gwen/Lancelot). Word Count: 20,000.
- Summary: We follow Merlin's journey as he turns homeless for a while after a bad flatmate experience. After a while of camping out with various friends, he eventually ends up living with Morgana and her housemates. Featuring pimp!Arthur, stripper!Morgana, addict!Gwen and dealer!Lancelot. How does normal average Merlin even start trying to fit in here?
- Art: pianeko
The House On Castleview Road by troygirl68 (Merlin/Arthur, Gwen/Morgana, Leon/OFC, Uther). Word Count: 34,500.
- Summary: Arthur is a handsome and eligible bachelor with a well paid job in the City and a luxury penthouse flat in Canary Wharf. His life is the stuff of dreams ... Just not his. After his sister gets a lodger it seems that Arthur's life has taken an even bigger turn for the worse. Until, of course, he falls in love. Unfortunately, the path to true love is never smooth, and sometimes requires reckless driving, illegal parking and chasing after trains.
- Art: egotists
- Summary: Something is stalking through the streets of Camelot and taking its women. Arthur devises a plan to trap whoever is behind the deed with the brilliant idea of using Merlin as bait. The plan doesn't go as well as hoped, and Merlin winds up injured. How deep do Arthur's affections for his servant and friend run - what is he willing to do to save his life? How will a man who will be King choose to save his people from a deadly predator - and at what price?
- Art: chosenfire28
I Keep Going Over the World We Knew (Over and Over) by mellacita (current and past Arthur/Merlin). Wordcount: ~54,000.
- Summary: When Merlin Emrys is sent on a 'round-the-world assignment, he begins remembering a life of magic, dragons, and kings. To make matters worse, a strange woman starts stalking him along the way. And that's before he even meets Arthur Pendragon, whose answer to climate change is going to save the world. Because apparently just saving Britain won’t be enough this time around.
- Art: gblvr
Light of Arthur by venivincere (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: ~63,000.
- Summary:A story of gods and man, destiny and choices, loss and gain, and eternal love that’s fixed as the stars to the celestial sphere.
- Art: itzcoatl
Little Thief by scribblemoose (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 29,797.
- Summary: When Leon's still suffering from the dragon's attack several months later, Merlin is anxious to help. Meanwhile Arthur goes hunting, Merlin dabbles in things that he shouldn't, and they find themselves on a quest with an unusual companion....
- Art: lili_flygirl
- Summary: Arthur has just returned to England from his extended trip to America. He is a newly hired agent for the Britain's top organization known as MI-6. The only one who doesn't seem to have been affected by the string of bad luck that seems to follow him around, is Gwen, who is dealing with her own demons. In the wake of these occurrences, Arthur thinks it's more than a coincidence that there are signs pointing directly at the organization which hired him who are more than willing to have a political candidate killed for the sake of the common good. Who will Arthur turn to for help?
- Art: korilian
- Summary: Jack (Giacomo Casanova, as played by David Tennant) is a colourful magical creature who arrives in Camelot at Beltane. Almost everyone falls under his sway – but Arthur remains immune to his charms, because he already feels true love for Merlin. Jack so distracts everyone else with pleasure that ordinary life grounds to a halt. At first this seems a bit tiresome though harmless – but as food supplies and goodwill dwindle, it starts to feel as if Camelot is dangerously under siege. Arthur finds that Gwen is also immune to Jack, though for different reasons; they team up to try to break Jack’s enchantment.
- Art: sequanne
Missed Connections (Glory, Glory, Holelelujah) by tourdefierce (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 51,027.
- Summary: Glory-Hole Romantic Comedy.
- Art: sillyshy
No Fear of Drowning by i_claudia (Arthur/Merlin, Merlin/Cedric, Arthur/Gwen, Arthur/OFC, Gwen/Lancelot, Hunith/Uther). Word Count: ~38,500.
- Summary: Arthur has always been pretty happy with his family (discounting Morgana, whom he still thinks most days could have been replaced with a Rottweiler to very similar effect), and he knows he’s pretty lucky that way. In which Arthur is dense, Morgana pretends not to chainsmoke, Merlin is oblivious, and Lancelot can't knit.
- Art: theholysea
- Summary: Modern AU. When Merlin Emrys gets a summer job at Buckingham Palace, he doesn't expect to even meet King Arthur, let alone become involved in protecting him from a plot to overthrow the monarchy.
- Art: willowbell
Of Recoil and Grace by kepp0xy (Arthur/Gwen). Word Count: 27,000. Character death. Some dark themes.
- Summary: The shaping of a new Camelot begins with Arthur's coronation, Merlin and Gwen on his either side. But unbeknownst to the three of them, Morgana is guiding her own piece of Albion, heedless to Camelot's changing currents. As they adjust to their roles to shape the kingdom, Arthur, Gwen, Merlin and Morgana must undergo their own trials and personal victories. Choices in private will affect actions in public, and they must each strike a balance to avoid the collapse of everything they've worked for.
- Art: la_esmeralda_
The Peasant King by a8c_sock (Merlin/Arthur, Will, Lancelot, Leon, Ygraine, Balinor/Hunith, Morgana, Gwen (tiny implied Gwen/Lancelot), Gaius). Word Count: 36,938.
- Summary: When King Uther dies after the birth is his son, Arthur, Camelot proves to be a dangerous place for his widow, Ygraine, and their son. With Gaius they take refuge in the village of Ealdor where they helped by Hunith. Arthur grows up as a peasant with his friends Merlin and Will but the time comes for Arthur to take back the throne that is rightfully his.
Pendragons Are NOT The Only Fruit (Except When They Are) by nahara (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: ~40,000.
- Summary: Merlin is a mild-mannered greengrocer with a passion for in season fruits and vegetables (and a love for musical theatre that he doesn't exactly advertise). Arthur doesn't know the first thing about fruits or vegetables (in season or otherwise) but he has the uncanny ability to get under Merlin’s skin. Lots of misunderstandings and UST as the boys bond over frankenstrawberries, a Morris Minor named Karl and dragon fruit.
- Art: nachte
A Personal History of Midwestern Running by nieded (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 20,094.
- Summary: Modern high school AU. “Everyone knows you’re talented Arthur,” she interrupts, “but when a team has to choose between you and some other runner of equal ability, they’re going to look at what else you have to offer to the team and to the school. du Lac says you’ll be the men’s captain in the fall, and I think this experience will help you prepare. -- in which Arthur coaches Merlin on how to run.
Pianos are made for falling by fishwrites (Merlin/Arthur).
- Summary: Arthur is a world class violinist, trapped in Sydney, Australia, by his fear of flying, in the wake of a mediocre concert and unflattering critics. With barely a month to go before his next (hopefully reputation-saving) recital, Arthur is almost at breaking point. When his accompanist, Morgana, fractures her wrist in a car accident, Arthur is left without a pianist and three concertos. And the story begins when the Maestro at the conservatoire, Gaius Stresemann, recommends his protege Merlin Emrys to step in. Well. The story really starts six months previously when Arthur passes out drunk outside Merlin's shoe-box apartment.
- Art: aqualillium
- Summary: The king of dragonlords has come to Camelot to sign the peace treaty. There’s a royal banquet, a royal duel, a royal betrothal and in Prince Merlin’s honest opinion, Prince Arthur is a royal pain. All goes wrong when Prince Arthur accidently proposes to Prince Merlin and, due to an ancient law, the betrothal becomes binding.
- Art: zitianos
Remake the Current Stream by hulubululu (Arthur/Merlin). Word count: 44,200.
- Summary: In Albion Zoo, keepers and students don’t mix and head of the mammal department, Arthur Pendragon, is happy to keep it that way. But when one research student by the name of Merlin Emrys arrives and shows no regard for Arthur’s unwritten rules of socialising, Arthur’s life is turned upside down, and he’s forced to take his view of life up to reconsideration. In which there is sibling snark, matchmaking otters, neighbours who are a bit too preoccupied with the idea of destiny, possessive best friends, drunken nights out and proof that maybe some things are indeed meant to be. Basically it’s a rom-com, with animals. But not like that.
- Art: feyuca
Resolution Rush (Or Twelve Things Merlin Does in a Year) by fuzzytomato02 (Merlin/Arthur, Gwen/Lance). Word Count: 39,423.
- Summary: As a New Year's Resolution, Merlin and Gwen set forth on a year long journey to have one new experience per month. Along the way, they meet Arthur, Lance, Leon and Morgana.
- Art: chalada
Run With Me by vicky_v (Lancelot/Merlin, Forridel/Morgana (light), Gwen/Arthur (light), Uther, Gaius, the Great Dragon, Hunith, others OCs). Word Count: 64,478.
- Summary: When Merlin's magic is discovered, he's sentenced to burn at the stake. He is saved but things are far from over.
- Art: chosenfire28
- Summary: Canon AU -- Merlin's death is only the beginning; with no-one to protect the kingdom, Camelot falls to an enemy sorcerer and Arthur is forced to serve in the court that he once ruled. When an escape attempt goes horribly wrong, Arthur is rescued by someone he never expected to see again -- and it's their destiny to put things right.
- Art: lukita
- Summary: It's been centuries since King Arthur united Albion and lifted the ban on magic. Ruled by Pendragon dynasty, the kingdom had prospered till a feud between the magicians and King Uther the Second drove the country to the brink of collapse. Now it's up to Prince Arthur and his Knights of the Engine to harness steam power to replace the magic Albion had lost, and it's up to Merlin to protect Arthur while he fulfils his destiny. (Reincarnation story. Renaissance-era post-apocalyptic steampunk AU set 300 years after canon timeline.)
- Art: aqualillium
Take the Hidden Paths by indy1776 (Gwen/Morgana, background Aragorn/Arwen). Word Count: 22,224.
- Summary: When Gorlois Baggins departed the Shire, he left his daughter Morgana a ring, one he thought was nothing more than a trinket that he’d won from Gollum. When Gandalf discovers it’s the One Ring, Morgana is forced to flee the Shire and head to Rivendell, accompanied by her lover Gwen and her cousins Merlin and Arthur. Together, along with the other members of the Fellowship, they set off on a near-impossible quest to destroy the Ring in the fires of Mount Doom. A Merlin/bookverse LotR fusion in which the OT4 are the hobbits and Nimueh is Saruman.
- Art: zephre
The Thief in the Night by social_retard86. The story wasn't finished in time but the graphics for the story were posted by the artist.
- Summary: First a man disappears before Merlin's eyes, then everyone in the courtyard blinks in and out of existence for a second. Merlin thinks he's going mad until the castle starts disappearing, bit by bit, leaving only remnants of Morgana behind. Morgause is after Merlin and only Arthur can help him.
- Art: sweetestel
This Dark Road Will Lead Us Where We Want to Be by accordingtomel (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 90,521.
- Summary: When a visiting noble attacks Arthur with the intent to kill, Merlin is forced to openly use magic to save his life. With execution less than twenty-four hours away, a desperate Arthur tricks Merlin into binding their souls in order to prevent his death as a sorcerer. But the soul-bond has some unexpected consequences, and when Uther demands that Arthur unbind his soul so he can carry on with the execution, the two set out on a journey to find answers. Along the way they deal with the ramifications of Merlin's deception, discover some truths about their growing feelings for one another, and are forced to make some huge decisions that could have an impact on their lives forever.
- Art: Itzcoatl
Those Endless Days, Those Sacred Days by ladytelemachus (Arthur/Merlin). Word Count: ~28,000.
- Summary: Arthur is the heartthrob lead singer of Avalon, Britain’s hottest new boy band. Merlin is the moody detective with more than a few skeletons lurking in his closet assigned to investigate the death threats the singer’s been receiving. In other words, Modern AU.
Timshel by ems (Arthur/Merlin (Gwen/Lance, Morgana, Leon, Uther)). Word Count: 34,435.
- Summary: Merlin is definitely supposed to work for Arthur, but spends most of his time mocking Arthur's dress sense, berating him via IM with Morgana, sending Gwen capslock-filled emails about him and, most of all, trying not to fall in love with the shiny-shoed ponce. Arthur, meanwhile, is definitely supposed to be taking over his father's company some day, but instead spends most of his time scowling at Merlin, making lists about him, trying to find excuses to fire him and, most of all, trying to pretend he is totally not head-over-heels for the jumped up little upstart. Someone's got to make some difficult choices eventually, and this can only lead to one thing: angst. Or hilarity. Or, embarrassingly enough, self-discovery.
- Art: arithilim
To Lie With Lions by anjali_organna (OT4 fic with elements of A/G and Morgana/Original Female Character, plus Leon and some other OCs). Word Count: 32,440.
- Summary: Arthur, Merlin, Gwen, Morgana and Sir Leon have traveled to Iskandara, a desert country to the south of Camelot, for treaty negotiations with the powerful King Umar. What should be a straightforward visit becomes anything but after Merlin thwarts an assassination attempt. Midnight sword fights in a foreign city. Lion-hunting through the desert. Magical duels. Political shenanigans. Unexpected makeouts in inappropriate places. Really though, it's just another day in the life for our heroes.
- Summary: Merlin is invited to compete in a tournament of magic. Sure, he'd like to become the champion of all Albion, but first he has to get past giant creatures, a seductive sorceress, and the crown prince of Camelot.
- Art: fanfic trailer by mamoru22
The Truth Remains the Same by skatergurljb (Arthur/Merlin, Archimedes,(sort of) OMC/OFC, Morgana/Leon, background Gwen/Lance). Word Count: 66,878.
- Summary: Promise me, Merlin. Promise me you'll have your own life. Merlin hadn't wanted much for Arthur Pendragon. He wanted him a just King, a man of honor, defender of the realm. The man to unite humanity and magic in its purest form. But, that was before the change. Merlin's life--what he was to Arthur, what he was to humanity--was all a lie. The reality--Uther's hatred of magic, Arthur's death, Morgana--was never meant to be. The Arthurian legend was a mistake. Now, in the present, Merlin has one last chance to correct his misdeeds and give Arthur the life he should have had the first time; Fate and Destiny be damned. But, you can't fight Fate, it's unavoidable.
- Art: sillyshy
Two Sides by emeraldsword (Merlin/Arthur, Morgana, Morgause, Leon, Gaius). Word Count: 26,877.
- Summary: When Arthur pulls Merlin over the Beltane fire with him, neither of them realise what he has just started. Only when Arthur starts using Merlin's magic do they realise that there's a problem, but can they solve it before someone finds out, and before Morgause and Morgana carry out their scheme?
- Art: reni_m
- Summary: Merlin connects with Mordred, Arthur is doubtful, Morgana and Gwen are aunts, Uther and Gaius are just thankful they have a grandchild, and it leads to a big happy family. Except for the part where Mordred keeps trying to kill Arthur, but other than that, one big happy family.
- Art: arithilim
The War Is Over And We Are Beginning by _autumncolours (Arthur, Merlin, Morgana, Gwen, Arthur/Gwen). Word Count: 32,453.
- Summary: Modern day reincarnation fic. A second life – a second chance, if Merlin can find a way to make Arthur, Gwen and Morgana remember the first one. Featuring coffee shops, dinner parties, prophecies, and four people trying desperately to deal with the fallout from Camelot.
- Art: aeternitasbeach
- Summary: When a visiting prince sets his sights on Merlin, Arthur is not amused. A story of love, loyalty, and secrets too-long kept.
- Art: of_evangeline
What Grew Inside Who by imigination (Arthur, Gwen, Merlin, Morgana, Uther, Tom, Lancelot, Arthur/Gwen, minor Gwen/Lancelot). Word Count: 46,000.
- Summary: When a modern day Gwen takes a tumble through her crawlspace door, she discovers what truly lies on the other side of the looking glass.
- Art: shan_3414
What We Have (and What We Have Left) by morcalivan (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 30 370.
- Summary: Camelot era/season 1 AU in which Merlin is raised by Nimueh and sent to Camelot to kill the prince. Merlin, unfortunately, is very bad at sticking to the plan.
- Art: sandrainthesun
The Wheel's Always Turning by lycoris (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 67,094 words.
- Summary: Merlin arrives at Camelot to start his new life working for Gaius. First he meets Arthur, then he meets a dragon who tells him that it is Arthur's destiny to become the Once and Future King of All Albion. The only problem is that Arthur is only a servant and Camelot already has a Crown Prince ...
- Art: thisissirius
When You Can See Forever the Horizon Becomes the Boundary of the World (A Sort-of Fairytale) by meri_sefket (Arthur/Gwen, OT4 friendship). Word Count: ~25,000.
- Summary: When Queen Boudicca comes to visit Camelot it turns out she knows a lot more about Gwen's past than Gwen does. Gwen might be the Queen's unacknowledged first daughter, and as such is now heir to the throne - on the other side of Albion from the world she had know her whole life. What will this mean for her and her friends? What will this mean for her and Arthur? When you throw accusations of magic in the mix will anything Gwen once cherished survive?
- Art: satavaisa
- Summary: When Arthur is sent to Eton for further education, it seperates him from Merlin after years of close friendship. Anger, hurt and jealousy all threaten the last fragments of their friendship and it's all Merlin can do to cling to the remaning feelings they both share. Arthur's fledgling friendship with Prince Harry doesn't do either of them any favours and it battles a secret that Merlin has been carrying for years - a secret that only Arthur knows. Merlin must decide how far he is willing to go to protect his relationship with Arthur and if their friendship can be saved. Will Arthur even care enough to try?
- Art: gwentastic
- Summary: Episode 2.13 AU – Balinor is a Dragonlord - the last of his kind after Uther's great purges. He finds refuge and a family of his own in the town of Ealdor; as the years pass, he finds himself on the run again, this time with a young family. When the Great Dragon escapes from his prison under Camelot, Prince Arthur comes looking for a Dragonlord -- and he finds more than he bargained for when he encounters Balinor and his beloved son, Merlin.
- Art: zenodameaccount
Academy by night-lyx (Arthur/Merlin, with Gwen/Lance, Gwaine/Elena, one-sided Leon/Morgana and one-sided Merlin/Freya). Word Count: 53,000.
- Summary: They called themselves the Marauders. When the new school year starts during the year of 1971, five young girls and boys enroll in the prestigious Academy to learn witchcraft and wizardry. For the next seven years, they are forced to confront personal issues, find the power of friendship and realize that, although they are sheltered in the castle’s walls, a war awaits them outside.
- Art: lili-flygirl
Arthur Pendragon and the Philosopher's Sword by a8c_sock (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 63,468.
- Summary: Arthur Pendragon was living a normal, mundane life, when he received a mysterious letter inviting him to the magical University of Camelot. Despite his scepticism before long he found himself being whisked of to a world of magic, mystery and destiny. His life would never be the same again.
- Art: eleret
As a forgotten continent by ca_te (Arthur/Merlin (also Arthur/Gwen, Merlin/Lancelot), Gaius, Will, Morgana, Hunith). Word Count: 32,000.
- Summary: Destiny sometimes plays tricks...Merlin and Arthur are born again as brothers. They have been strongly connected since when they were kids,but at a certain point, when they both are teens, something shifts in the balance of their relationship. How will they cope with it? And what will happen when Merlin starts to understand that the recurrent dreams that he has been having since when he was a child are something more than simple dreams? Will they manage to truly find each other in this new lifetime?
- Art: madnessisreal
Balance of the World by leafy07 (Uther+Nimueh (friendship), Arthur+Merlin (friendship), Uther/Ygraine). Word Count: ?
- Summary: Destinies are complex things. Sometimes they span generations, watchingand waiting for the right circumstances, the right people. When a youngPrince meets an Apprentice-Sorceress one dull day, Destiny sees it's chance to weave a legend. Or, the history of Uther Pendragon, King of Camelot, and Nimueh, High Priestess of the Old Religion.
- Art: glenien
Beat Your Heart In Time With Mine by peasnbeanstalks (Merlin/Arthur, Gwen/Lancelot). Word Count: ~40,500.
- Summary: In the quiet train town of Camelot, Arthur is Head Engineer and Merlin is his Head Conductor. They can’t remember a time when it’s not been like this. Station Master Uther seems to be trying his best to keep it that way, but there are other problems that need to be fixed. The broken clock tower for one, and the never-ending luminescent rain for another. In his spare time Merlin tinkers and toys with building clocks and re-imagining the oil lamp, but Arthur has a much bigger project hidden away beneath the ground that can change the way their little steam powered town is run.
- Art: sweetestel
Beyond the Neon Trees by mightypretty (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 56,645.
- Summary: Merlin’s life isn’t perfect, he drinks, he steals and even has a few puffs of the good stuff just to get by some days. He has his friends, his art and his mum, who has to juggle three jobs just to make ends meet. He also has Arthur, who brings with him a whole new heap of problems. Falling in love with your best friend is never easy; especially when you’re living in the deadbeat rundown Holly Street Estate in East London.
- Art: viennajones
Blue Skies over Bad Lands by eldee (Arthur/Merlin/Gwaine). Word Count: ~75,000.
- Summary: Merlin is fairly new to the town of Camelton, and finds himself in a friendship with Arthur and Gwaine. When Arthur's sister Morgana becomes increasingly unstable, Merlin and Gwaine try to support Arthur and help Morgana, but she is tired of being the subject of gossip and having Uther refuse to claim her as his daughter. As punishment against the family, she banishes Arthur to a magical place called New Albion, and Merlin and Gwaine accidentally get pulled in there as well. When they happen upon the bridge-keeper Grittir, they're told that by the rules of the land they have a chance to win their way home -- if they can complete their quests. Courage, Strength, and Magic must work together again.
- Art: gwyntastic
Britain Boys by nyxelestia (Merlin/Arthur (preslash)). Wordcount: 38,700.
- Summary:Prince Arthur didn’t care much for the new Prime Minister’s son, Merlin, and would rather spend as little time with him as possible - and the feeling is mutual. But when they’re kidnapped together, they don’t get much of a choice.
- Art: deathjunke
Bruised Feet Don't Take You to the Altar by faynia (Arthur/Elena, Merlin, Morgana, Vivian, Gwen/Lancelot). Word Count: ~30,100
- Summary: Arthur needs a bride. Elena just wants to leave her father's house. Meanwhile, Morgana and Merlin meddle, and Vivian talks a lot. There's horseback riding, discussions of feelings, bad hair days, broken promises, and one scheming uncle who wants to ruin everything.
- Art: catchtheskies
Champagne from a paper cup (is never quite the same) by anna_zee (Arthur/Merlin, with sides of Gwaine/Elena, Leon/Morgana and a mention of Lancelot/Gwen). Word Count: ~38,000.
- Summary: Modern AU with magic. Arthur is a professional footballer on the verge of making history. Merlin is a medical student with special powers who's just been hired to work for Arthur's club. While things don't start out smoothly, we all know that you can't fight destiny.
Charms And Rapture by icequeenrex (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 40,000.
- Summary: Inspired by Ella Enchanted, Arthur was 'blessed' with the gift of obedience at birth and after a series of painful and frightening events, has begun to hate himself and everything magical. So when the druids are invited to Camelot for the winter, and Merlin finds out the prince's secret, Arthur is immediately on the defence. But there's something about the gangly, awkward druid boy, who begins to charm his way into Arthur's every day life and - begrudgingly - his heart. But someone else knows Arthur's secret and Merlin's special powers make him a target for darker purposes, and he intends to use Arthur to get to Merlin. Arthur finally finds something important enough to want a choice, to not obey.
- Art: randomslasher
'Company' aka How Merlin Met the Love of His Life (and a Few Others, Besides) by lachatblanche (Merlin/Morgana, Merlin/Freya, Merlin/Arthur, Merlin/Gwaine, Merlin/Morgause, Gwen/Lancelot and other background pairings). Word Count: 79,290.
- Summary: Merlin does How I Met Your Mother. In other words, Merlin's quest to find his One True Love with the help of his friends, crappy action films and lots of alcohol along the way.
- Art: chrunchy_crunck
Destiny That Darkly Hides Us by nympha_alba (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: ~40,500.
- Summary: Historical AU with magic. It's 1913, the practice of homosexuality is unlawful, so is the practice of magic. When Arthur Pendragon and Merlin Emrys meet as Cambridge undergrads, they are both hungry for a real and true connection without secrets. For a short time they believe they may have found it. But war breaks out and separates them, and it seems unlikely that they will meet again. After all, what are the odds?
- Art: tindu
The Edge of Darkness by mialoco (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 54,500.
- Summary: Arthur has struggled to gain his father's acceptance, but it has always seemed to evade him except in the area of fighting, where he has always shined whether magical beasts, bandits, invaders, or just tournaments. After the dragon attack, his father seems less than impressed with him in that area, as well. As Camelot starts to rebuild, Arthur is determined to prove to his father that he has what it takes to be the future king. When the children and young adults in the Lower Town and an outlying village start acting in strange and disturbing ways, Uther is sure that it is the result of sorcery. This, added to the fact that Morgana is still missing after Morgause stole her away, drives Uther's determination to wipe sorcery from Camelot with troubling results. As Uther starts to break under the pressure and refuses to look further than sorcery for the cause, it is up to Arthur to step up. As he tries to find a cause before the future of Camelot is wiped out Arthur has to come to terms with whether his father's pride in him is as important to him as developing into a King in which he himself can be proud. When Merlin starts displaying the same symptoms Arthur must make even harder choices.
- Art: rebeccaann08
Edit the Sad Parts by cruentum ((Merlin)/Freya, Merlin/Arthur, Merlin/Elyan). Word Count: 94,000.
- Summary: It takes more than a dick to make a guy. Merlin learns this as he goes from eating pussy as a sixteen-year old girl, to fucking other guys with his own cock as a twenty-seven-year old landscaper. The journey's riddled with tears, cocks, and enough self-hate to fill the Channel; but with a little help from his friends, and some mostly-stable relationships, Merlin gets his happily-ever-after in the end.
- Art: martinius
- Summary: in which merlin learns about inception and teaches his friends how to dreamwalk because it's the only way to save arthur from both disinheritance and potential ruin. (uses the idea of inception but IS NOT an inception crossover. SORRY.
- Art: glenien
Family Tree by cerisereve (Arthur/Gwen). Word Count: 53,000.
- Summary: After defeating Cenred's forces and an army of the dead in the siege during the Tears of Uther Pendragon, Arthur has a traitor to identify, a city to rebuild, and—of course—a manservant to order around. All of which would be much easier to accomplish if Gaius would give him a straight answer about the magical staff found in the burial vaults, Merlin was not yanking Morgana into alcoves, and if Gwen would call him by his given name. When a druid insists on meeting with him, Arthur is forced to confront the fact that he cannot hide from magic.
- Art: satavaisa
Finding Albion byfilinya (Merlin/Arthur, Gwen/Lancelot, Gwaine, Elyan, Percival,Leon, Gauis, Uther, Hunith, Morgana, Other Original Characters). Word Count: 50,000.
- Summary: Camelot is devastated in the aftermath of Morgana's reign, but danger is rising again, from within the castle and without. The Knights of the Round Table must face new challenges, Arthur is caught between his father and his kingdom, and Merlin might have to make the biggest sacrifice of all to ensure the destiny of the Once and Future King is fulfilled.
Finding Hope by misspopuri (Gen, Merlin/Vivian, Arthur/Gwen). Word Count: 31,129.
- Summary: It is written in the old religion that Merlin with the help of Arthur would unite the land of Albion. Of course, in times of great peril, the hero must call on additional assistance to battle the forces of evil. Help is appreciated even in the most unlikely of places.
A Fistful of Infinity and Starlight by junkshop_disco (Gwaine/Merlin). Word Count: 64,000.
- Summary: Uther’s insane, Morgana’s plotting a new assault on Camelot, and Arthur and his knights are clueless but supposedly in charge. In the midst of it, Gwaine finds himself harbouring feelings for a man who apparently has a destiny, and learns something new about magic: it doesn’t play fair, and serving it shakes everything you hold dear – whether you’re a sorcerer or not.
- Art: matchsticks_p
The Five Kingdoms by misswinterhill (Merlin/Gwaine, Morgana/OMC, Arthur). Word Count: ~81,000.
- Summary: It was meant to be a solo quest — Merlin struggling to find ingredients for a spell to save King Arthur’s life — until Gwaine was sent to check on him and decided to stay. Now Gwaine will follow Merlin to the four kingdoms of the elements and back to the mortal realm, meet his own destiny at the Green Chapel, and become the willing champion of the most powerful sorcerer to ever live.
- Art: votaku
Fractured Fairytale by fuzzytomato02 (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: ~47,000.
- Summary: Arthur does not believe in magic. At all. Which is bad for him since he’s been sucked into a parallel universe where he keeps running into people he knows who don’t know him. Even worse, his guide is a hapless kind of sorcerer, they’ve received dodgy directions from his morally dubious half-sister, and some leathery winged beast keeps going on about some kind of quest and destiny. Arthur will be lucky to get out of his current predicament alive much less be able to get back to his own life.
- Art: teaandtimecake
From The Ashes by randomslasher (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 42,102.
- Summary: When Merlin uses magic to save Arthur’s life, he is condemned to death, and Arthur is too late to save him. But when the grief-stricken prince, along with Morgana and Gwen, journeys to Ealdor to return Merlin’s ashes, a series of strange events leads them to believe the warlock may not be as dead as they thought.
- Art: catsinthecoffee, ChocolateIsForever
Glow of a Rose by silkmoth101 (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 40,540.
- Summary: After waiting centuries for the rise of the Once and Future King, Merlin is not amused to find out Arthur can fuck up anything… even his own legend.
- Art: glenien
Harmonia Mundi by pen_rabbit (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 43,000.
- Summary: Music has always been the centre of Merlin’s reality, and the idea of silence is unimaginable. But when Camelot is deafening, Arthur is distracting and the dragon is utterly unhelpful, will his gift turn out to be a blessing or a curse?
- Art: juvenine
Haven by this_is_kelly (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: ~69,000.
- Summary: A house is just Shelter, but a home is Haven. Merlin and Arthur have been together for nearly five years and now the time has come to answer the question: Do they want to extend their family beyond themselves? As they enter the world of adoption and raising children, they realize that parenting might just be the hardest job they've ever had.
- Art: sallyna_smile
In Search of Remembrance by gfeather (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: ~109,000.
- Summary: There is always a Warrior and a Warlock. Merlin and Arthur have lived six lifetimes together, the last of which ended over three centuries ago. Sensing Arthur's return, Merlin puts himself in a position to be at Arthur's side again, though his rebirth does not go as expected. Without his memories, Merlin struggles to control his wild magic, a task made all the more difficult when he arrives in Camelot and meets an arrogant prince who makes his magic sing.
- Art: reni_m
The Ivy Crown by briar_pipe (Morgana/Gwen). Word Count: 75,000.
- Summary: We are only mortal / but being mortal / can defy our fate. Late one night, several prisoners escape from the dungeon, Arthur disappears, and fate takes a left turn. Morgana and Gwen are dragged along into a new world of intrigue, magic, and war. (AU from 1x12 "To Kill the King")
- Art: tolbow
- Summary: Merlin couldn't have picked a worse time to finally tell Arthur about his magic. In the wake of the battle against the immortal army, a strange visitor disrupts the court, calling himself the Green Knight and proposing a test of the court's integrity. Although Uther turns him away, several of Camelot's northern allies end up mysteriously beheaded over the next few months, and Arthur, Merlin and the knights set out to investigate. They encounter more than they'd bargained for on the way—a reckless young boy, a lady in search of a husband, a centuries-old fairytale that holds more than a grain of truth... and a challenge that ends up being more than just a game. [Post-S3 crossover with Sir Gawain and the Green Knight and The Wedding of Sir Gawain and Dame Ragnelle.]
The Knight And The Unicorn by lukita (Merlin/Arthur, Gwen/Lancelot). Word Count: ?
- Summary: A unicorn looking for her people, a knight on a quest for answers, and a daughter to overthrow the King.
- Art: jennybliss
L'Amour Est Bleu/Love Is Blue by rotrude (Arthur/Merlin; minor Gwaine/Elena). Word Count: 31,000.
- Summary: Arthur's a corporate genius, but his French language skills are so catastrophically bad, he courts disaster during an informal meeting with a financial backer. (Though it's only the fault of near homophones, if you ask him.) Uther's not happy, Freya might have been expecting Arthur's communication debacle, while Merlin might just be the solution to Arthur's Babel problems. And then there's Gwaine who woos people with apples and wants to be the teacher's pet.
- Art: pianeko
Line of Dance by thismaz (Merlin/Arthur, established relationship). Word Count: 43,350.
- Summary: Arthur has come to the throne. He needs to establish himself and demonstrate his difference from his father. Too soon, a murder changes everything and Arthur has to go to war.
- Art: choco_souffle
Living in Hearts Left Behind by giselleslash (Merlin/Arthur, past Merlin/OC). Word Count: 36,000.
- Summary: Arthur has been living abroad for several years, wanting to get as far away from his family and the expectations placed on him as possible, but the unexpected death of his brother brings him back home where he must confront the things that drove him away. He has to deal with the guilt of not being in his brother's life for the last few years, and how much he missed because of that, as well as coming to terms with the fact that maybe his father isn't the unreachable man he thought he was. Making everything more complicated is his brother's boyfriend, Merlin, who might just be his salvation if their guilt and sadness doesn't drown them before they even get started.
- Art: waltzing_mice
(love, or) A Feeling like It by night_lyx (Merlin/Arthur, Morgana/Leon, Gwen/Lance with a backdrop of implied Gwaine/Elena). Word Count: ?
- Summary: Merlin Emrys is normal. He is ordinary and lives with his two friends in an ordinary flat in Surrey, he writes for a bi-monthly magazine and writes for himself during dark nights and much-too-early mornings, he has too many feelings and grudges himself for it. He figures the only thing that makes him extraordinary are his dreams that don’t feel like dreams at all -they feel like memories-, his magical powers that are turned on and off like a switch and the fact that a beautiful man just entered his life like a whisper and he’s slowly falling in love.
- Art: chosenfire28
The Magic Bean by cassie_black12 (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: ~49,000.
- Summary: Morgana has a habit of getting Merlin into scrapes of one sort or another. But introducing him to her brother, Arthur, may have just set in motion the most eventful one yet.
- Art: glaringcandle
Masked by pathera (pre-slash Arthur/Merlin, minor Merlin/Gwaine, background Gwen/Lancelot). Word Count: 53,700.
- Summary: Heroes are made, not born, and this is how it's done. Merlin is born with magic, but it takes more than that to become a superhero in a city that casts them as the enemy. In between balancing his day job as a personal assistant to Arthur Pendragon--who happens to be the son of a man leading the crusade against magic--and jumping off rooftops by night as the Warlock, Merlin has to try to keep his dual identity intact and stop a twenty-year old vendetta from destroying everything he knows. This is far easier said than done.
- Art: heehee11
Men for All Seasons by new_kate (Merlin/Arthur, implied past Arthur/Gwen). Word Count: 54,000.
- Summary: Reincarnation story set in 1940. In Albion's hour of need Arthur is brought back from his rest in Avalon. He learns that the world is at war, and that the enemies have dark magic at their disposal. With the help of the mysterious Vril society the invaders are about to gain air superiority and become unstoppable. Only Merlin could fight the new magical threat, but Merlin has been missing for a long time...
- Art: amphigoury
Mykonos by flypaw (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: ~140,000.
- Summary: Future AU. After a seeing-stone washes up on the shores of Ealdor, the last Island left after the great floods and rising Ocean, Merlin sees their salvation - a Sky City named Camelot. When he wakes up on the shores of the Sky City, Merlin starts to realise the New World is nothing as it was fabled. It is then that Merlin begins his journey to meet the 'dragon' that called him there, realising that nothing in Camelot is what it seems. Together they begin a revolution against a blind king and the foundations the New World was built on, uncovering even deeper secrets that were thought to be buried with the Old World when the land sunk.
- Art: theywerecones
Near-Mint Condition by paragraphs (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 82,266.
- Summary: Merlin owns a small comic shop on Cardiff Bay. Life's been a struggle for Merlin lately; he's had to downsize the shop he inherited, half the bills are overdue, his boyfriend has left him for a more exciting life in London, something's been frightening the tourists, and now there are rumours of a new comic mega-store moving into Cardiff. His life is surely over. There are a few things that keep Merlin going though; the support of his friends, an agent is interested in his online serial, and the hot bloke on the comic forums likes him. At least he thinks it's a bloke. If only he could be sure, and if only he could figure out how to save his shop. Oh, and there's one more thing. Just like his favorite comic book heroes, he can move objects, control the wind, and can even make his dog Kilgharrah do the most amazing tricks. He doesn't know whether to don a cape or check himself into a psych hospital. But he's no superman, just an average guy with a lot of problems, and the biggest one of all is named Arthur Pendragon.
- Art: baba_o_reily
Nights 'Round the Table by rhosyn_du and mellow_dk (Merlin/Arthur, Gwaine/Elena, Gwen/Lancelot/Morgana, Nimue/Morgause, Uther/Catrina). Word Count: 47,500.
- Summary: San Francisco Bay Area punk foodie AU. When Uther buys a culinary-focused TV station for his new bride, Catrina, it's up to Arthur to get it cable-ready. Unfortunately for everyone involved, Arthur's idea of haute cuisine is putting your pizza on a plate instead of eating it straight out of the box. Featuring chef!Merlin, TV-exec!Arthur, patissiere-by-day-psychobilly-front-man-by-night!Gwen, and most-patient-and-understanding-PA-ever!Leon.
- Art: luisadeza
Not Another Cinderella by rchginger (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 34,149.
- Summary: Summary In which Arthur's royal, Merlin's magical, a creepy inn is creepy, and a sweater wearing cat is full of slash. When Prince Arthur of Avalon is photographed with a lad’s hand down his trousers his father decides its high-time he learned to be responsible. In the small town of Ealdor no one knows who Arthur Pendragon really is so when Arthur arrives at the Destin Inn and acts like a prat Merlin immediately hates the new, admittedly handsome, clerk. With the help of a sweater wearing cat, a haunted (?) Inn, and a turtle that may be more than just a turtle Arthur will learn to grow up and might just fall in love if the paparazzi and secrets don’t ruin everything.
- Art: beeej
Nothing Ever Promised by caitcupcake (Arthur/Merlin, Gwen/Lancelot, past!Arthur/Gwen, Gwaine, Morgana, Percival, Elyan). Word Count: 70,000.
- Summary: Between the trees of Cenred's ruined kingdom, a heartbroken Arthur and an orphaned Merlin discover new feelings for each other, but quickly learn that nothing is promised, and no lie can stay hidden forever.
- Art: feyuca
Now I Will Unsettle the Ground Beneath You by nu_breed (Merlin/Arthur, Merlin/Gwaine). Word Count: 42,400.
- Summary: Merlin's dreams have always fuelled his art, but they've always been abstract and removed from reality. Soon after he meets Gwaine, he starts to see vivid images of a past full of death and magic and love for a King who was ripped from him. Things only escalate further when he spends a weekend in the country with Gwaine and meets his group of friends, which includes aristocrat and It Boy, Arthur Pendragon. Merlin soon realises that no matter how hard you try, one thing is certain, you can't fuck with destiny. (contains: Infidelity, reincarnation fic (i.e. past character death), mentions of drug use, mention of torture)
- Art: gloss
On Tethered Wings by thuri (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 43,000.
- Summary: A dragon lord who doesn't know his power, a prince who doesn't know his heritage, and a broken king who doesn't know their destiny. What will happen, when the dragonriders of Camelot break free their bonds, and their mounts rise up once more?
- Art: lukita, randomslasher
The Once and Future King by spikelover520 (Merlin&Arthur friendship). Word Count: 30,000.
- Summary: The once and future king's life happens a little differently then what happens in the show. A completely different twist happens when Merlin is a simple peasant who gets thrown into servantship quickly after stealing a thing of bread one day. He puts up with Arthur throughout it all. What happens when things go haywire? A beast, a fairy king and the sudden loss of his father and Morgana. What will he do now?
- Art: sallyna_smile
Paroniria by arirawrs (Merlin/Arthur, Merlin/Gwaine, Arthur/Gwen, Gwen/Lancelot, with Morgana, Morgause and slight Merlin/Mordred). Word Count: ~ 47,300.
- Summary: Future!Fic. Uther’s time has come and passed and now it’s the reign of King Arthur. Merlin is officially the Court Magician and can use his magic freely in the streets (and he can finally save Arthur’s royal behind without the fear of being burned at the stake, a definite plus). The people of Albion fall in love with Arthur, as he falls in love Gwen and she continues to hold her flame for Lancelot. All the while, Merlin is hurting, feeling the pain of his unrequited love for Arthur. Sleep evades him and he uses magic in an attempt to drive his insomnia away, but it only make things worse. Horrible nightmares plague him, his memories, for Merlin can no longer simply dream. Merlin pines for his king, Gwaine tries to save Merlin from himself, and all the while Morgana, Mordred, and Morgause plot Merlin’s demise. Trying to escape the living nightmare he’s found himself in, Merlin secretly leaves Camelot (with only his white mouse Sebille for company) to confront Morgana and save the world, but things don’t go according to plan. Arthur finds out he’s left and follows him, catching up with him on the way. Their adventure helps Merlin and Arthur rediscover their friendship and their loyalty to one another. Merlin tries to save Arthur, as Arthur tries to save Merlin; and they’re both as stubborn as always. Can they save each other without destroying them all?
- Art: iichristinll
The People on the Rim by lycoris (Arthur/Merlin, off-screen Merlin/Freya). Word Count: 79,957.
- Summary: Arthur has finally taken his rightful place as Crown Prince of Camelot but the stress of such an elevation has taken its toll. He and Merlin find themselves tested, perhaps to breaking point as secrets and suspicions boil between them. With everything so fragile, can they hold it together before everything breaks? This is a sequel to The Wheel's Always Turning.
Performing One's Purpose by reiya_wakayama (Balinor, Kilgharrah, Arthur, Merlin, Knights, Gaius, Arthur/Merlin (dysfunctional friendship), Uther, Gwen, Gwaine/Merlin, Morgana, mentions of Morgause, Ygraine, and Emrys(OC).). Word Count: 41,475.
- Summary: The performance of one’s duty and one’s purpose usually mean the same thing to people, but some soon learn the fine line that separates these two concepts. (Contains: violence, some language, major/minor character deaths, huge amount of angst, depicted male/male sex, hurt/comfort, some fluff, romance, first kiss, first time, sacrifice, happy ending.)
- Art: chrunchy_crunck
Pieces Fit Back Together by springinstep (Merlin/Arthur, Gwen/Lancelot). Word Count: 47,437.
- Summary: Arthur is abducted by bandits but its a warlord king named Claudas they must take him back from. A man who has a reputation for being especially ruthless and violent and he wants Camelot's throne.
- Art: nenimefish
Plus ça change (plus c'est la même chose) by loveandthetruth (Ensemble cast; mentions of Arthur/Gwen, Merlin/Freya, Gareth/Lynette, Lancelot/Elaine, also minor Gwen/Lance and Gwaine/Leona). Word Count: 36,000.
- Summary: Reincarnation fic. Merlin's hopes to have left the past behind come under fire when destiny intervenes and history appears to be repeating itself. Chaos and adventure ensue as Merlin tries to stop this story ending in the same tragedy.
- Art: martinius
Polarity by castmeaway (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: ~33,000.
- Summary: A Camelot still reeling from Morgana’s betrayal plays host to the visiting king of the only nation militant enough to pose a viable threat. Only, a surprising twist is revealed when the heirless king of that nation announces that the dragon lord Balinor was actually his formerly lost and disinherited brother, therefore making Balinor’s son, Merlin, the sole blood heir to his throne.
- Art: reni_m
The Promise Within by MK Yujji (main - Arthur/Merlin, mentioned - Uther/Ygraine, Balinor/Hunith, Lancelot/Gwen, Morgana/Leon). Word Count: 48,687.
- Summary: This is not as destiny intended, young warlock. You are meant to be the magical side of this coin, not the young Pendragon. I can no longer clearly see what path destiny will follow. An ancient ceremony alters the course of destiny and everyone must face choices that no one expected. As Uther’s hatred of magic clashes with his love for his son, Arthur sees everything in a different light.
- Art: valika56
- Summary: It has been 1000 years and the people need their king again, he just happened to bring a few friends. Now they just have to decide what to do, and how to protect a whole new generation of Magic Users.
- Art: shayla_kage
The Rescue by amphigoury (Arthur/Merlin). Standalone art.
- Summary: Comic for a scene from a story that was to be a part of the 2011 PaperLegends Merlin Big Bang: Merlin rescues Arthur and his Knights from a cell.
Roll 15 for an Insight Check by morcalivan (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 35,000.
- Summary: Arthur has always known exactly who he was, what was expected of him and the privileges to be gained from it. What he couldn't figure out was where an off-center, too skinny best friend and a crush who seemed to notice everyone but him, fit in. Includes: HighSchool!AU. Jealous/pining!Arthur. Slightly criminal!Merlin. Rugby matches. D&D games. Lots of cluelessness and denial. One sided Merlin/Gwaine and Arthur/Gwen. Humour, fluff and happy endings.
- Summary: Merlin is an art student, working as an orderly at a Pendragon Care care home during the summer break; he falls in love with Gaius, one of the (temporary) residents. The feeling is mutual, but such an unexpected relationship is never going to be easy to establish when both men feel so diffident about their claims on each other. And that's before taking into account the mutual antipathy between Merlin and Gaius's beloved godson Arthur, not to mention a surprising addition to Merlin's family, and Merlin's grief over his best friend Freya being institutionalised…
- Art: tindu
Shadows and Stone by railise (Arthur/Gwen). Word Count: 37,158.
- Summary: While Arthur and Gwen try to figure out where they stand, word reaches Camelot that Morgana seeks a powerful magic object to help her revive Morgause. The members of the Round Table must find it before she can, for a crushing fate awaits the kingdom if they fail.
- Art: hmsharmony
- Summary: There are some sins that cannot be forgiven; these sins of the father.
- Art: skylar0grace
Straws In The Wind by i_claudia (Predominantly Arthur/Merlin, others: *Merlin/Gwaine; Gwaine/Elena; Gwen/Lancelot). Word Count: 74,900.
- Summary: Merlin meets Arthur when Arthur runs him over on the ski slopes. Everything goes downhill from there.
- Art: chosenfire28
The Sword in the Global Economic Crisis by fiercynn (Arthur/Merlin, Morgana/Gwen, Lancelot). Word Count: 34,713.
- Summary: Reincarnation racebending fic. In which Merlin, Arthur, Morgana, Lancelot, and Gwen meet a dragon who tells them it is their fate to save Albion and bring magic back. So of course Arthur has identity crises about being of Indian origin, Merlin gets to experience magic, Morgana gets trapped in her own ideas of destiny, Lancelot tries to deal with being ordinary, Gwen questions her sexuality, and everyone worries a lot about the fate of the world.
- Art: zephre
Time's Arrow and the Table Round by scribblemoose (Arthur/Merlin, Arthur/Gwen, Gwen/Lancelot, Gwaine/Merlin, Freya/Merlin). Word Count: 34,815.
- Summary: History keeps repeating itself, and it's up to Kilgharrah and Taliesyn to make sure things go right this time. Can Merlin put destiny back on track and make sure Albion gets its happy ending?
- Art: nicolemissing
Tinker, Tailor, Wizard, Spy by mariana_oconnor (Merlin/Arthur, Merlin/Gwaine, Gwen/Lancelot, Uther/Ygraine, Uther/Catrina). Word Count: 54,200.
- Summary: (Modern AU) The Department is a government organisation specifically created to investigate and deal with magic and the supernatural. Until four years ago, Merlin Emrys was one of its agents, until he gave away his biggest secret and had to run away from his friends and his life. Until last night, Uther Pendragon was in charge of it, until someone killed him, very messily. Until last night, Arthur Pendragon was its second in command, until someone framed him for his father's murder. Now Arthur's going to the only person left in the world who can help him, and Merlin's going to find himself dragged back into a world he had thought was behind him. Meanwhile, in the aftermath of Uther's death and Arthur's alleged betrayal, Agent Leon Harris is determined that he's going to find out the truth, no matter what.
- Art: the_little_owl
We're Marching On by redjumper (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 30,061.
- Summary: Merlin and Arthur travel to Ealdor to rescue Hunith from the turmoil of Cenred's kingdom in the wake of his death. After the trip turns disastrous and a war is imminent, will Merlin and Arthur be able to overcome secrets and lies in order to defeat their enemies? Set Post-Series.
- Art: shayla_kage
Werewolf of London by honeybearbee (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 32,022.
- Summary: Arthur takes Merlin to Europe, however bad news strikes Merlin's family so he has to go home. On his own, Arthur becomes a wild werewolf, hell-bent on revenge. It's up to Merlin to save his friend and keep him from killing people in London. Things get more complicated when Uther, Valiant, and Sophia all start making trouble for the pair. Then it gets even stranger.
- Art: amythystluna
What You Mean to Me (Right Now) by wanderhomeagain (Arthur/Merlin, past Arthur/Leon, past Merlin/Will, Leon/Gwaine, Percival/Elena, Gwen/Lance, others). Word Count: 37,000.
- Summary: When Arthur Pendragon lost his leg his leg below the knee after an auto accident three years ago, he shut everyone out. Now with the help of his sister, some meddling kids friends, and a bastard of an ex-boyfriend who has the temerity to get off with someone else, Arthur begins to learn that he can let himself enjoy life in the company of others, especially the new pharmacist Gwen sent him to see.
- Art: thesteppyone
(When I Think of Your Kisses, My Mind) See-Saws... by kate0404 (Arthur/Merlin, with some Leon/Morgana & Gwen/Lancelot and multiple other small side pairings). Word Count: 44,000.
- Summary: Modern AU. Sometimes the road to love is paved in ridiculous, if not somewhat awkward Facebook and Twitter posts, far too many pop culture references than are strictly necessary, nosy supporting cast members with insanely large personalities, the establishment of “The Land of Giant Sofas", and a little bit of liquid courage. Call it a bonus when destiny lives next door. Loosely based on this KMM prompt.
- Art: heyhoolou
When the World Comes Crumbling down (I've got you to piece it back together again) by lower_case_d/charma_10/charma_10 (Arthur/Merlin, Gwen/Lance). Word Count: 32,311.
- Summary: Modern AU. When Merlin Emrys meets developer-turned-bass player Arthur Pendragon at his cousin Gawain's family pub, he decides pretty quickly that he needs to be kept at arms length. Merlin discovers that sometimes, it’s those you want to stay away from who are the people that you find you need like oxygen, and your peers, the people should be able to rely on for understanding, are the ones who will try to take you down. Sometimes, a storm will drown you before it devours everyone else. Other times, you’ll be the last one to let go.
- Art: thepowerofme
Where Legends Lie by (Arthur/Merlin with Will, Gwen/Lancelot, Gwaine/Merlin, and very minor suggestions of Leon/Gwaine). Word Count: 63,000.
- Summary: Merlin Emrys knows that the closest he’ll ever get to King Arthur is reading about him in the legends. He knows that it’s his destiny to live a quiet life in Camelot, and perhaps – if he’s lucky – find a beautiful, golden-haired man to settle down with. He expects his life to go pretty much according to plan. What he doesn’t expect is for magic to pick him up and drop him into the middle of medieval Camelot during the reign of King Uther Pendragon, with no idea where he is or how to get home. He doesn’t expect to meet Arthur, because that sort of thing just doesn’t happen to ordinary people like him. Merlin Emrys doesn’t know that his life was never destined to be ordinary.
- Art: rebbeile
Why We Fight by pallorsomnium (Merlin/Arthur, Gwen/Lancelot, Morgana/Mordred). Word Count: ~94,200.
- Summary: Canon!AU Fusion with Carol Berg's Transformation. Age-old prophecies foretold the descent of Albion into chaos after the fall of Carmarthen. Only with the King and Warlock can Albion be saved. All his people believe that Merlin is Emrys, the Warlock in all the prophecies. But when the kingdom Carmarthen actually does fall, Merlin is taken as a slave and stripped of his magic. All hope for Albion is lost. Thirteen years later, Merlin is bought as the personal writing slave to the prince of the kingdom responsible for Carmarthen’s fall—Prince Arthur Pendragon of Camelot. He soon finds himself caught in the middle of a plot to take over not only Camelot, but all of Albion.
- Art: altocello
Wicked Game by winterstorm (Arthur/Merlin, Arthur/Others, Merlin/Others, various non-canon pairings). Word Count: 42,600.
- Summary: Arthur is the King of Camelot…nightclub. He can pick and choose who he wants, and he does – often – no promises and absolutely no repeats. The night he chooses Merlin might just be his undoing.
- Art: savagesnakes
The Witch's Dawn by doylefan22 (Morgana/Morgause). Word Count: 32,221.
- Summary: The day Morgana was poisoned by Merlin, everything changed for her. The day she found out Uther was her father, everyone in Camelot became her enemy. But when Cenred takes Camelot from her and her beloved Morgause, Morgana is forced to work with those she believes hates her in order to save it.
- Art: shan_3414
World is on Fire (Merlin/Arthur)
- Summary : 4 pieces of art for the story by vesperdivum ! (AU Fahrenheit 451)
- Art: aqualillium
- Summary: In a world where magic is on the brink of being banned and sorcerers are looked upon as second-class citizens, Merlin Emrys does whatever is necessary to protect his loved ones and help those who are like him. Arthur Pendragon, despite his father's open hatred of magic, has never had a reason to care one way or the other – until he discovers that his sister Morgana has powers, and is working underground to rescue those being targeted by the government. Merlin fights with words while Arthur is forced to face the truth about what is really happening to those who use magic, and despite an earlier encounter, it isn't until a chance meeting between them one night that their worlds truly collide. Author's notes: This is a prequel to Echoes of Yesterday.
- Art: amythystluna
Y Dewin a'r meddyliau eraill by leviathans_moon (Arthur/Merlin). Word Count: 85,500.
- Summary: It is a human condition to push away things we don’t understand through the use of violence, disgust and fear. Merlin encounters all three when he is shut away in a psychiatric asylum as a result of his magic. The only two things keeping him sane is that his twin sister Morgana escaped the same destiny and that there is someone who doesn’t shy away from him, someone who takes Merlin for who he is and only asks the same in return.
- Art: elen_ancalima
(And Now These Walls)Come Crumbling Down. by phandomoftheowl (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: ~43K.
- Summary: It wasn't that Artie had anything against strange men coming to his room in the middle of the night to save his life. But Hynafol Emrys was an especially infuriating savior and all Artie really wanted was to sleep. Was that too much to ask?
- Art: chosenfire28
As Summer Comes; As Summer Goes by beccadearie (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: ~51k.
- Summary: Thrown together for the summer on the seashore, Arthur and Merlin are fast friends, but soon discover that there’s always more than meets the eye, about the island, themselves, and each other. But time flies when you’re having fun and the weather is changing. Autumn is coming.
- Art: nane0
Away With the Boys in the Band by bend_me_baby (Arthur/Merlin, Lance/Gwen). Word Count: 35.6k.
- Summary: Arthur's the drum major and Merlin's the assistant drum major, failing to hide his crush on Arthur. Lance and Gwen are that couple everyone adores, but wants to puke all over. The boys in the drumline are who everyone wants to hang out with. And Arthur wants to know who the hell that kid from North High hugging Merlin is. In other words, that one story where everyone's in the high school marching band and Arthur finds out that he's not as straight as he thinks he is.
- Art: tink_sky_reid
Away with the Faeries by scribblemoose (Merlin/Arthur, Arthur/Gwen (implied), Merlin/Arthur/OCs, Merlin/OC). Word Count: 36,550.
- Summary: In which Arthur is in trouble, the knights are in peril, and Merlin has to unite his own little bit of Albion. This is a sequel to 'Little Thief', but stands alone as well.
- Art: lili_flygirl
Be My Escape by pensgarth (Merlin/Arthur, Gwen/Lance, mentions of Morgana/Leon). Word Count: ~36k.
- Summary: When his best friend dies, a little bit of Merlin dies with him. He's struggling with self-harm, Hunith's struggling with alcoholism and everything seems hopeless. Then he meets Arthur Pendragon, someone who might be able to put him back together. Except Arthur's got problems too, and not everything is that simple. Can they make it work? (Highschool AU)
- Art: alby_mangroves
Betrayal and Redemption by 1_last_miracle (Arthur/Merlin). Word Count: 46K.
- Summary: When Arthur got an unexpected gift for his 20th bithday, his life took a whole new course. He wouldn't have called it betrayal (in the end he hadn't even known the boy that well) but he still had to redeem himself before everything he'd worked for exploded in his face and what Morgana called 'the biggest mistake of his life' happened. If it just had been enough to guarantee him the happily ever after he hadn't known he wanted...
- Art: demonichate
Bits of puzzle, fitting each other by blue_eyed_1987 (Arthur/Merlin, Arthur/Merlin/Gwaine). Word Count: Just under 31k.
- Summary: It started out as a friends-with-benefits situation. Hot sex with hot guys. No one expected feelings. Title from the song "Three Days" by Jane's Addiction.
- Art: van_maniac
Blue Would Still Be Blue by winterstorrm (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 32,000.
- Summary: When widower Arthur Pendragon finds out that his three children have conspired to help him find 'someone to kiss' by placing an ad on an internet dating site, he allows his guilt to push him into agreeing to go on a succession of dates even though he's determined that he's not lonely and doesn't believe in 'love'. However, someone does set his heart racing, but it's not one of the endless parade of beautiful women he has to choose from, it's the children's new babysitter, Merlin.
- Art: neonbuddha
The Bodyguard by rotrude (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 72,000.
- Summary: The magical party spearheaded by Balinor Emrys wins the general elections, if by a thread. While some see this as a chance to reform current discriminatory laws against magic, others loathe the idea. The day Mr Emrys accepts the Queen's request to form the next government is also the day his enemies choose to act, orchestrating an assassination attempt. The attack also seems geared towards taking out the PM's conspicuously magical son, eighteen-year old, Merlin. The aftermath is pure confusion. With Merlin's bodyguard down, Mr Emrys is forced to seek another one despite his son's firm refusal to lose somebody else. Enter ex-serviceman and ex close protection expert Arthur Pendragon. In a climate of general suspicion Arthur becomes Merlin's new bodyguard and finds out just how difficult sticking to duty may be when he's growing closer and closer to the man he's due to protect.
- Art: chosenfire28
Bring Us Emrys by enviropony (Arthur/Gwen, Arthur/Merlin, hint of Arthur/Gwen/Merlin). Word Count: 38,443.
- Summary: Someone has butchered five of Camelot's best not two leagues from the castle gates, and left a blunt note: 'Bring us Emrys.' Already struggling with the sudden distance between Arthur and himself, even as Arthur tentatively explores the idea that all magic is not evil, Merlin must find the killers before anyone else is hurt. With Elyan at his side, Merlin rides to meet the Catha priest Alator, to invite Gaius' kidnapper to Camelot as an ally. Upon their return, all manner of magic users converge on the city, and Merlin quickly finds himself the unspoken leader of a rag-tag magical encampment, when all he wants is for things to go back to the way they used to be: when Gwen's smiles were genuine, Aithusa adored him, and Arthur's love wasn't so utterly, absolutely out of reach.
- Art: jennybliss
Butterflies in the Wind by MK_Yujji (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 35K.
- Summary: As a teenager, Arthur lost more than his closest companion and childhood friend when Merlin died, he lost the boy he'd grown into love with. As an adult, he looks into the eyes of an assassin sent to protect him and thinks that maybe he's been given a second chance.
- Art: lili_flygirl
By the Pricking of My Thumbs… by Fee Folay (Arthur/Merlin, Arthur/Guinevere). Word Count: 50+K.
- Summary: It is Arthur Pendragon’s destiny to unite all of Albion, but a reign of such power will not be won without sacrifice and bloodshed. When Morgana uses dark magic to lay a trap for Merlin, she unwittingly aids Merlin in becoming the weapon Arthur needs to defeat his enemies. With Arthur, and all of Camelot, at his mercy, Merlin struggles not to become that which he fears most – a dark sorcerer. Will Arthur be drawn into a deadly battle with his friend and lover? Will Merlin ultimately be destroyed by the malice lurking within his soul? Will Camelot fall to the evil that Morgana has unleashed upon them all?
- Art: Enednoviel
Catch Me A Catch by giselleslash (Arthur/Merlin, Gwaine/Elena). Word Count: ~33k
- Summary: Modern AU, Merlin uses his magic to work as a magical matchmaker. Elena is a customer hoping to snag Arthur Pendragon but things don’t go exactly as planned. Gwaine is there to be Merlin's always helpful, nearly always shirtless, neighbor.
- Art: achelseabee
Coming Up by xthursdaynextx (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 40k.
- Summary: 90s high school AU. Merlin can think of a billion reasons why moving to Camelot-on-Sea in the middle of his A-levels is a terrible idea. He would much rather play his guitar than work in his uncle's chip shop and he has no intention of making friends. Until he joins head boy Arthur Pendragon's wannabe-Britpop band and finds himself falling head over heels for the stuck-up prat.
- Art: anoracle
Continua by roamercorridors (Merlin/Arthur, Merlin/Gwaine, Arthur/Gwen, Gwen/Lancelot implied). Word Count: ~35k.
- Summary: Modern AU with magic. Sex or die curse. They've had this arrangement for years now and it works. For Arthur, it's a duty, one he used to enjoy but doesn't anymore, and for Merlin, it's just something he has to do, like eating reasonably healthy food and getting enough sleep. The sex is part of their routines, a secret neither of them admits to anyone else, especially not to their partners. But maybe there is someone out there who can help them. And maybe, when faced with losing their connection, Merlin and Arthur start to rekindle a latent flame.
- Art: xarenna
Crossroads of Disbelief by Thoughtreflex (Arthur, Merlin, Morgana, Uther, Gwen, pre-slash Arthur/Merlin ). Word Count: 54,500.
- Summary: A case of mistaken identity leads to trouble for Arthur, until it becomes not just a bid for his own freedom, but a struggle of survival that encompasses not only himself, but Merlin, and two kingdoms on the brink of war.
- Art: Eppy7
Dead of Knight by castmeaway (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 43k.
- Summary: Merlin Emrys, supernatural expert and consultant for the local police, knows that going to the opening night of a vampire bar isn't a good idea, not with anti-vampire sentiments running rampant. So when he draws the eye of the bar's charismatic owner, and the new Master of the City, Arthur Pendragon, he's not exactly pleased. When a series of murders, seemingly the work of vampires, forces them to work together anyway, Merlin unwittingly finds himself falling in love. Suddenly, the lines between work and love are not as cut and dry as they seem.
- Art: yuan_fen
Deja Vu by oflittleuse (Merlin/Arthur, Gwen/Lancelot, background Gwaine/Leon). Word Count: 43458.
- Summary: One accident changes Arthur's life forever. Now he is living with an amnesiac housemate in a crumbling cabin in a town so small most maps forget it. He isn't sure which is more troubling, the fact he is deeply attracted to someone who might possibly have a family waiting for him, or the odd things which seem to keep happening ever since they met. (ModernAU, Kind-of Reincarnation)
- Art: noneofthesort
The Dragonking by rufflefeather (Arthur/Merlin, Arthur/Gwaine, Merlin/Morgana, Gwaine/Morgana, Lancelot/Leon, Lancelot/Gwen. Endgame pairings: Arthur/Gwaine, Gwen/Lancelot, Merlin/Morgana). Word Count: 45,000.
- Summary: Never walk on Glowing land is a warning Arthur has heard since the day he was born. No one knows why, exactly, just that the Apocalypse has devastated the world, left it bleeding in its aftermath, with only the most hardened survivors walking its burnt crust. When Arthur runs from a marriage he didn’t choose, he does the only thing he can to protect Gwaine. He sets foot on land so injured, it conceals tears in the Curtain of Time.
- Art: alby_mangroves
- Summary: In the aftermath of the Great Dragon’s attack on Camelot, the city is left with the enormous task of recovering from all it has lost. Left a broken man by the loss of Morgana and Kigharrah’s fiery rampage, Uther’s rule begins to fail. Arthur finds himself struggling to hold the kingdom together while Merlin slowly begins to discover all that becoming a Dragonlord entails.
- Art: altocello
The Dragon's Circle by finem (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 62,033.
- Summary: Camelot University is both the safest and most dangerous place for Merlin to hide while he waits for his magic to mature. One term; it's all he has to last, and then he can take his rightful place in the magical community and get to the heart of why magic is fading in the world. One term of laying low, keeping to himself, and getting ready for what is to come. It's a solid plan...until Arthur Pendragon steps into the picture.
- Art: reiya_wakayama
Dream-Sweepers by fitz_y (Morgana/Morgause). Word Count: 43,900.
- Summary: The same year Morgana Pendragon was born to an experimental test subject in the labs at Camelot Pharmaceuticals, the company invented a drug that cuts Cerebral Hyperactivity Disorder (CHAD) in half, rendering so-called sorcerers (sufferers of CHAD) incapable of practicing “magic” and therefore no longer default enemies of the United States. Instead, they are patients. At 23 years old, Morgana Pendragon and two other illegally unmedicated CHAD-sufferers carried out an unsuccessful attempt on the life of Camelot’s CEO, Uther Pendragon. Now, ten years later, Morgana’s magic stays locked away under her skin, a dull itching reminder of the mistakes she once made. Every night she sleeps through prophetic dreams. Every morning she vomits them out as the drugs coursing through her blood scour any lingering memories from her REM cycles. She visits the hospital, her parole officer, and the club where she tends bar. She injects herself with the required barrage of medicines. She keeps her head down and snarls at anyone who approaches with a curious, “Aren’t you the Pendragon girl, the one from the trial?” She is done with dreaming. Until Morgause walks back into her life, pursuing her, whispering in her ear. Until the story begins again.
- Art: afterandalasia
dreams for wings and wanderers by etharei (mainly Arthur/Merlin). Word Count: 66,700.
- Summary: Dragons are feared and mistrusted throughout Albion, and there are very few of them left in Camelot, for Uther’s long campaign against magic also included hunting down all the dragons in the wild. Now, Camelot is recovering from the invasion of Cenred and Morgause's army. Prince Arthur is the one in charge, and Merlin finds out that his secret regular visits to the covert haven't been very secret at all. There's a great deal of manly bonding with the Knights, inquisitive dragons being inquisitive, and a record-breaking number of near-death experiences for Merlin. And this is before he gets his very own dragon. (A Merlin/Temeraire fusion.)
- Art: reni_m
The Enemy Within by doylefan22 (a mostly gen fic but pairings included are Arthur/Gwen and Morgana/Morgause). Word Count: ~ 84 K.
- Summary: Alternate series 5. Gen adventure with some ship....In the months since Morgana last disappeared, Camelot has blossomed into a young, flourishing kingdom buoyed by its new king and queen. But, despite his dearest hopes, even Merlin knows that such peace can't last forever and a troubling vision of the future pushes him into an alliance with a former enemy. As plans unfold and Arthur looks to 'save' his lost sister, Merlin must once more do everything he can in order to protect him. Worse is to come though and, when faced with a ruthless king on the warpath and the looming threat of a deeply dangerous Mordred, everyone in Camelot is pushed into both unlikely friendships and desperate measures. As they fight for their survival and their future - whilst still trying to move on from old wounds - more than one secret is brought crashing into the open and Merlin must face the darkness at the heart of his own powers. Who is the true enemy amongst so much distrust?
- Art: valika56
The Good Fight by hobnailedboots (Merlin/Arthur preslash).
- Summary: Merlin knows better than anyone that he has to keep the magic secret. Magic users should be registered, with the penalty for not doing so harsh indeed, and thaumists are growing in influence. Tensions are high as the country is teetering on the brink of another Purge. Merlin has always said that violence is not the answer, but vigilante attacks from both sides, not to mention a string of grisly murders, suggest that no one is listening to him, let alone reading his blog. Cue spandex and talking statues and a whole lot of sexual tension with Arthur, son of the most bigoted thaumist around.
- Art: suchaprince
Heartgrove by queasy_mouse (Arthur/Merlin). Word Count: ~31k.
- Summary: Modern Era, AU. Fifteen hundred years ago, the two islands of Britain and Albion were united as one country, Brettagna, which, if you believe the legends, was full of magic. But now they're two very different places, as Merlin, the son of the new British Ambassador, finds out.
- Art: sripley
The House of Cards by sitruunavohveli (Arthur/Merlin). Word Count: ~45 k.
- Summary: Three years ago Arthur was happy and in love. Two years ago he was trying to cope with heartbreak. One year ago he was married to a woman he loved but was not in love with. Now Arthur's life is back on track, he's divorcing his wife and beginning to feel alive again, when Merlin returns to town and makes Arthur realise he's not as over his ex as he thought.
- Art: tink_sky_reid
I Am Gwen (the cutest cat on the Internet!) by gwylliondream (Arthur/Merlin). Word Count: 58K.
- Summary: Merlin is a lonely cat-loving bicycle messenger who is obsessed with Gwen—an adorable feline who stars in YouTube videos and whose owner has never been seen on camera. One day, Merlin makes a delivery to an apartment that seems strangely familiar. Destiny ensues.
- Art: murderdetective
In Joy and Woe, as in a Doubtful Ease by angelqueen04 (minor Gwen/Arthur, Merlin/Arthur friendship, Ygraine/Uther, Nimueh/Uther, Tristan de Bois/OC | Arthur, Gwen, Knights, Merlin, Morgana, Nimueh, OCs, Tristan de Bois, Uther, Vivienne, Ygraine). Word Count: 49,006.
- Summary: Morgana's second occupation has wrought extensive damage and in the weeks following his restoration, Arthur struggles to help Camelot recover its former strength. With starvation a looming threat to his people, he seeks the aid of his foreign allies. However, a helping hand comes from an unexpected source – the kingdom of Cornwall, which has been closed and silent to Camelot for decades. After accepting an invitation to visit the mysterious kingdom and its equally mysterious ruler, Arthur finds himself thrust into a web of secrets kept from him his entire life.
- Art: satavaisa
In the Name of the King by Patria-mori (Merlin/Arthur, Arthur/Vivian). Word Count: 54.5k.
- Summary: On the day that Arthur Pendragon, Prince of Wales, begins receiving strange messages about magic and mythical creatures, he does what any sensible man might: assumes the Duchess of Edinburgh is having a laugh at his expense and moves on. But when the fog starts rolling in, and people start disappearing, Arthur begins to realise something might be off in his city. When evacuation becomes impossible, Arthur finds he must somehow team up with a peculiar junior doctor to set things to right. Unfortunately, Merlin and his friends aren't the only ones trying to track down the prince and it is only a matter of time before the past overtakes them.
- Art: xsilverdreamsx
In your hands my heart rests by ca_te (Arthur/Merlin). Word Count: 31,267.
- Summary: Arthur and Merlin meet when they are kids and they grow together in Camelot. Growing up, though, isn't always easy and it means discovering who you truly are and charting what you truly feel.
- Art: flomacaroon
An Infallible Reason by tink_sky_reid (Arthur/Merlin, one-sided through most of the story). Word count: ~35.5k.
- Summary: When Arthur hired Merlin as his assistant two years ago, he didn't expect them to become friends. When he sent Merlin home that night, he didn't expect things to change so much. But they did.
Les Lettres Défi by beautifulblues1 (Arthur/Merlin, with background Gwen/Lance). Word Count: Just over 31k.
- Summary: Merlin is Arthur's new secretary and is oddly appealing. Also, just to complicate things, eccentric Uther has introduced a penpal scheme within the office to promote team unity, and despite initially being at blows, Arthur and his anonymous penpal are getting on extremely well. Somehow Arthur has to balance his physical attraction to Merlin, and his emotional attraction to his penpal... While baking some exceptional puddings, because lemon drizzle cake is nice.
- Art: teaandtimecake
- Summary: The Prince of Wales at his school. Merlin was sure it was all just a very bad joke.
- Art: ambelie
The Lotus Eaters by rchginger (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 30,000.
- Summary: They’re here. The ones with the pretty faces and smiles and the big ships blanketing the Earth. They say they’re here to save humanity but Merlin doesn’t believe, doesn’t trust them and doesn’t want the stupid invitation that they send him. He says no but when he’s made an offer he can’t refuse, Merlin finds himself aboard the Albion and being drawn to a lotophagus that could make him rethink his entire view of things. Now if he only knew if that was a good thing.
- Art: rainshock
Love As Thou Wilt by reiya_wakayama (Merlin/OMC, Merlin/OFC, Freya/OMC, Freya/OFC, Freya/Kilgharrah, Arthur/Merlin, Morgana/OMC, Gwen/Lancelot, Arthur, Merlin, Gwen, Gwaine, Kilgharrah, Freya, Will, Lancelot, Elyan, Morgana, Gaius, Alice, Uther, Cenred, Morgause, Agravaine, Tristan, Valiant, Nimueh, Aithusa, Mordred). Word Count: ~ 140 K
- Summary: AU/Fusion, Het/Slash/FemSlash, A/M, sold as a child by his parents in hard times, Merlin has known nothing but the walls of the Moonlight Court for the past five years. One fateful escape into the city and one sold bond-price later, he is thrust into the world of the five kingdoms. Now he must learn to navigate the political side of life, keep his magic under control and stop a plot that means to not only kill a king but to topple the five kingdoms themselves. (Fusion with Kushiel’s Dart)
- Art: van_maniac
loving you with my whole heart by honeybearbee (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 30,026.
- Summary: Set in a universe where Sentinels and Guides are quite prolific, Arthur, the Sentinel, finds Merlin, his Guide. While they have some problems at first they settle into an easy relationship. However, things from Arthur's (and even Merlin's) past come back to haunt them. Will they weather through these difficulties or will they be broken apart irrevocably?
- Art: hxcbagels
Of Love And Magick by sidhe_faerie (). Word Count: 71,676.
- Summary: Merlin and Morgana are hiding more than a few secrets. They are in love but the fates are against them at every turn. Medieval customs and conventions aside, there are still many boundaries they must overcome to be together. Set to start in the early days of Merlin series 1-2. This is what should have been.
- Art: zephre
Out of Body by magnolia822 (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 53,000.
- Summary: Finding out that his best friend is gay shouldn't be a big deal. But then, catching Merlin wanking to gay porn shouldn't turn Arthur on, either. With his plans for uni in shambles and his position on the high school footie team lost to injury, Arthur's determined not to disappoint his father any further. Running away from Merlin seems like the easiest thing to do, but his denial might cost him everything.
- Art: alby_mangroves
Pair Dadeni by afterandalasia (Morgana/Vivian, one sided Arthur/Vivian as canon, background Arthur/Gwen, past Gwen/Morgana, past Morgana/Morgause). Word Count: ~41K.
- Summary: Canon, post-S4. Found half-dead in the forests on the edge of Camelot, Morgana awakes instead in Essetir and held captive by King Olaf. He offers her a deal: he will let her live and go free, provided she lifts the years-old magic which still lives Vivian desperately in love with King Arthur of Camelot. Though at first disdainful, Morgana finds herself becoming caught up in the task. As she works, and recovers from her injuries, news starts to filter in: of strange beasts on the hills of Essetir, and disappearances into the darkness. She suspects from the beginning that it is magic, but does not voice her suspicions to Olaf until the danger is almost at the castle gate. The Cŵm Annŵn ride on the hills again, and Olaf fears that they are coming for Vivian. And somehow, Morgana finds herself wishing to defend this Kingdom, even if it means standing before the commander of the hellhounds herself. Oh, and Vivian's spell does get broken. Just not in the way that anyone expected.
- Art: murderdetective
A Prince from Another World by van_maniac (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 49K.
- Summary: Merlin lives in current times and has always felt like he didn't quite belong, an outcast of sorts. One day, he finds out that the lake in the new park the city built is far from ordinary and holds a dangerous secret. Unable to stay away from the lake, Merlin finds himself in an unexplained situation and trying to make sense of it all.
- Art: mithborien
Puissance by ArthurMerlin (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 30,798.
- Summary: The turbulent times of Prime Minister Arthur Pendragon, in which war looms, betrayal waits in the wings, and unexpected love blossoms.
- Art: blood_songs90
The Raven Knife by dk323 (Merlin/Arthur, background Lancelot/Gwen). Word Count: 76,565.
- Summary: Merlin’s life is forever changed one night. He encounters the Prince of Darkness who gives him a device that awakens his sleeping magic. After seeing family he’d never known existed, Merlin visits his mother to ask her about his deceased father. Unexpectedly, he discovers that two iconic fairytale characters are a part of his family tree. The immortal Prince of Darkness sets out to ruin Arthur and Merlin’s relationship on the eve of their remembering. The irony is that the dangerous Prince is another world’s Arthur. After Arthur remembers his past life, he is forced into a cursed coma by the Prince. The way to save Arthur exists in another world. With the Raven Knife and its young wielder, Merlin has a chance of succeeding. But Merlin hadn't realized how deeply troubled the Prince of Darkness would be. Before the summer comes to a close, someone will die at the Prince's hand.
- Art: blood_songs90
Reflash by leviathans_moon (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 37k.
- Summary: The thing with putting out fires in schools was: they often led to biscuits and squiggly paintings of happy firemen. The fire in Albion primary school, however, leads Merlin to Arthur and his daughter Lynn; to more biscuits, but also pancakes; to fun and butterflies; and to a whole new world of letting someone in; ready or not. Careful, don’t burn your fingers!
- Art: itzcoatl
Rheged by mcshame (Arthur/Merlin; Merlin/Gwaine; Arthur/Gwen). Word Count: 124,026.
- Summary: Post S5 (speculative); canon to the end of S4. Gwen and Arthur have been married for several years. Merlin's magic had been revealed and Arthur has now reached a kind of cold peace with it. Then a delegation arrives from a kingdon based on magic, and suddenly destiny is starkly and ruthlessly to the fore. The question is, should - can - it be avoided?
- Art: shayla_kage
Secrets of Draconis by MoonFireFic (Arthur/Merlin). Word Count: 31K.
- Summary: After Mordred aligns himself with the essence of a Dark Dragon Lord, Camelot is lost and magic itself begins to fade. Centuries later, Merlin who is now working for the British Museum, makes a discovery that could change everything. With the help of Morgana and a few old friends, he begins a race against time to restore Camelot and bring balance to the magic of Albion before darkness reigns forever.
- Art: ettoby
Should My Sword Fall From My Hand by nympha_alba (Merlin/Arthur. Mention of Arthur/Gwen, Merlin/Freya, Leon/Morgana). Word Count: 30,600.
- Summary: When King Arthur is hit by a vicious curse, the only one who can save him is Merlin - at the cost of revealing his magic. In London in 2012, Merlin - who has repressed his magic all his life - is called in to help when his workmate Arthur is in a coma. The two worlds are not as separate as they seem, and one lifetime might not be enough for Arthur and Merlin to find just how closely entwined their destinies were meant to be.
- Art: amythystluna
Slipping the Jesses by lycoris (Merlin/Gwaine). Word Count: 43,538.
- Summary: Camelot's Yuletime feast is ruined when a mysterious Green Knight arrives with a strange challenge. Gwaine's acceptance of the challenge places him in mortal danger and Merlin is determined to save his life. However, doing so will lead them both away from Camelot and to places they would never have expected.
- Art: the_little_owl
So Fell Autumn Rain by kabal42 (Merlin/Arthur, Arthur/Gwen, Gwen/Lancelot). Word Count: ~ 38,800
- Summary: It is the golden age. Albion is united under Arthur's rule, Queen Guinevere is pregnant and Merlin is as busy as usual. Everything is going according to both plan and prophecy, until an unexpected enemy starts a chain of events that no-one, not even Merlin, could foresee.
Something to Believe In by ko_no_yo (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: ~52k.
- Summary: Arthur is a secret agent who is dedicated to his job, but recent happenings in his life made him second guess the path he had been following. When Gaius sends him to a seemingly boring mission, he needs to employ the help of the mysterious and eccentric hacker Merlin. The two of them try to uncover an underground medicine conspiracy while struggling against the chemistry that pulls them together.
- Art: ko_no_yo
- Summary: After the disastrous end of his betrothal to Gwen and the regret of his offer to Princess Mithian, Arthur swears off finding a wife until he's ready to wed. When Merlin offers himself to Arthur as bedmate, Arthur suggests they hand-fast in secret for a single year of mutual pleasure without obligation. As their year together unfolds, and secrets and betrayals unravel around them, Arthur and Merlin learn there is no such thing as uncomplicated pleasure. Everything they thought they knew can change in the span of a single year.
- Art: goss
Step By Step by eldee (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: ~ 67 K.
- Summary: The Knights: A Boy Band. (Or, rather, the ten year span of how Arthur Pendragon discovers who he truly is by going from teen idol to solo sensation, maintaining friendships with his Knights and close staff, inheriting a musical empire, and happening to find his #1 fan, best friend, and eventual love along the way.)
- Art: gwyntastic
Stop My Heart, Start Your Pulse by janesgravity (Percival/OMC). Word Count: ~31,000.
- Summary: Percival/other (where other is prostitute) Arthur/Merlin pre-slash, warnings for physical and sexual assault. As the new knights settle into the castle post-season-3, a gruesome discovery is made. Sir Percival's chambers are in a shambles, a boy (16,17-ish) is found in his bed, brutally attacked, sexually assaulted and near-death. And Percival is no-where to be seen ..
- Art: xsilverdreamsx
The Sweetest Downfall by sareisle (Merlin/Arthur/Gwaine, Merlin/Freya, Morgana/Gwen). Word Count: ~50,000 .
- Summary: Merlin pulled the white duvet to his chest and wondered if Freya still existed in the city – the bright of her smile in the twinkling lights of billboard signs, her hidden darkness in winding alleyways. He wondered if he could ever look out at the city without thinking of Freya, and then wondered why he’d ever want to. Merlin discovers just how hard it is to rebuild a life when he’s lost everything after the suicide of his girlfriend Freya. With Morgana and Gwen supporting and pushing him, Merlin begins to confront not only the future but also the past. However the sudden arrival of Arthur and his boyfriend Gwaine shows Merlin a new future, perhaps before he’s ready.
- Art: oceanaid
Taken (what’s yours is mine) by silver_falcon24 (Merlin/Arthur, Gwaine/Merlin, Elena/Gwaine). Word Count: 54,924.
- Summary: Two and a half years ago, Arthur Pendragon made a decision and he left the Knights behind and went on the run. Two and a half years later Arthur goes out for sandwiches and Merlin, bumbling, energetic, criminal-with-a-secret Merlin, is the only one in the office when someone comes for Arthur.
- Art: patria-mori
Them Gods Gonna Hurt You, Son by skellerbvvt (Arthur/Merlin, Lancelot/Hunith, Various/Merlin (Gwaine/Merlin, Morgana/Merlin, non-explicit OCs/Merlin). Word Count: ~137,000
- Summary For the longest time Arthur and Merlin couldn’t even find an example of another same-dynamic soulbond, much less any particular reason why it happened. So they resolved themselves to learning how to live with it, and learning how to keep that big of a secret. (BDSM AU)
- Warnings: impact play, derogatory language, terrible psychiatry, bondage, societal expectations in terms of gender and sexuality, terrible (emotionally abusive) parenting, past non-explicit bodily trauma, past emotional trauma, gender confusion, caning, references to bad/traumatic past sexual experiences, brief references to suicide in fictional situations, teen pregnancy in fictional situations, fantastical non-explicit self-harm (in fairy-tale), meta-roleplaying dub-con (partners in a sexual situation viewed as semi-sentient in a fully consensual role-play situation. The scene, however, is not cleared with one the partners prior to scene, but has been previously discussed with partner in a fantasy scenarios), a form of prostitution (hired dom), injury during sex due to unsafe bondage protocol.
Things Behind the Sun by hobnailedboots (Arthur/Merlin). Word Count: ~38k.
- Summary: Starting up where season three left off, this is a story about rejecting the fate laid out for you and about forging your own destiny. Most of all, though, this is a story about rain. Morgana has disappeared, taking her half-dead sister with her, and Uther won't wake up. As Arthur tries to come to grips with ruling Camelot, he's hindered by the unnatural rains which are trying to conquer all of Albion. Quests! Mordred! Magical plots!
- Art: nane0
This Silly Ol' Dance is Perfect for Two by slantedknitting (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: ~80k.
- Summary: Arthur is young, gorgeous, talented, and captain of one of the best football teams in England; his life should be perfect. But he can't keep a girlfriend for more than a few months, and it's not just because he isn't ready to settle down. When his most recent girlfriend dumps him, he has a rough night at the pub and has to be dragged home by his neighbour, Merlin. Merlin is an archivist, a Ph.D student, and he hates football almost as much as he hates Arthur. They both have their own reasons for not wanting to spend time with each other, but after that disastrous night, remaining silent neighbors doesn't seem like much of an option anymore.
- Art: achelseabee
This Tangled Web by hms_seth (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: ~36,000.
- Summary: As Prince of Camelot, Merlin Pendragon has always felt like he just can’t match up with the things expected of him. His needs are simple—his lifestyle is lavish. He wants to be a good son—his father ignores him. He was born with magic—magic is banned. One day, things will change, he was told. And after his twentieth birthday, they do. But Merlin is pretty sure it wasn't supposed to be like this. Faced with secrets of the past that have been long buried, Merlin doesn’t even want to think about his apparent “destiny” with Arthur, Son of Hunith (except for the part where he can’t really stop thinking about Arthur).
- Art: ko_no_yo
A Thunder In Our Hearts by k_nightfox (Merlin/Arthur, Merlin/Uther(non-consensual)). Word Count: 100K.
- Summary: Uther unwittingly inherits Arthur's destiny when he takes Merlin for his own. Now Arthur must find a way to stop his father's tyrancial rule and take back the destiny he was born to.
- Art: alby_mangroves
Till Casket Drops by rchginger (Arthur/Merlin). Word Count: 30,000.
- Summary: How far would you go to avenge someone you loved? When does the quest for revenge begin to turn you into something you don’t recognize? Fifteen years ago Balinor Lordson was convicted of a crime he didn’t commit. Now his son is back where he grew up to make everyone responsible pay. But when Merlin falls for the son of the man he holds chiefly responsible for his fathers arrest and imprisonment, he’ll have to choose between getting his revenge and losing the one he loves or having the one he loves and learning to forgive.
- Art: madnessisreal
Ubi Sunt by lymricks (Arthur/Merlin). Word Count: ~41,000.
- Summary: It could only be described as a freak accident: career ending and without cause. For months after Merlin Emrys and his horse, The Fisher King, hit the ground, analysts and the press would all ask the same question—what went wrong? One moment, Merlin and the Fisher King were proving themselves to be every inch the rumored champions they were, and the next, they were on the ground. The Fisher King got up, but Merlin stayed down. Two years after the accident, and twenty months since the equestrian world has so much as seen Merlin’s face, Merlin meets Arthur Pendragon, another champion recovering from a career crippling (but not ending) accident eerily similar to Merlin’s own. And much to Merlin’s chagrin, an old lesson horse—who Merlin’s students call The Great Dragon—has just started talking.
- Art: viennajones
Walk with Me by scotscookie (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 100k and a few...
- Summary: A tale spanning the ages told in three books. When Merlin reveals his magic to save Arthur and transports them to Oxford in 1987, it sets in motion a sequence of events that will affect both past and and future. An old enemy has to be faced and dealt with before Arthur and Merlin can return to Camelot. Once back in their own time, Arthur must come to terms with the changes his knowledge of Merlin's magic brings and he becomes determined that he and Merlin will define their own destiny. That includes Arthur trying to help Morgana as she struggles with her sense of betrayal and divided loyalties. Finally, when an immortal Merlin moves to Somerset in 2007, he begins to meet old friends. All of them remember him - except Arthur. While he struggles with Arthur's dislike of him, Merlin discovers that just as friends can be reincarnated - so can enemies. And there is still the matter of the repercussions from the events of 1987 to deal with. Time is running out - for us all.
- Art: obliqueo
We Are All Diamonds by Footloose (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: >130K.
- Summary: As the precocious heir of a diamond magnate and a famous designer, Arthur lived his entire life sheltered, protected, nurtured and spoiled. He always knew that he would have to step out from behind the scenes and into the limelight to run the family business some day, but he never expected that it would happen so soon or that he would encounter resistance from a board of directors who believe that his disability makes him unfit to lead. Merlin has stood on every stage in every city in the world, performing to critical acclaim, but after years of globetrotting, he's well and truly burnt out. He didn't quit -- he ran away from stardom, dropping to obscurity in the blink of an eye, forgotten, just another face in the crowd. He's aimless and without purpose until a friend asks him to fill in on a job. Neither Arthur nor Merlin are looking for salvation. They don't think there's any for them, that things are just too rotten, too far gone. But in the end, Arthur's quiet strength will be a balm to Merlin's broken soul, and it will be in Merlin's steadfast faith that Arthur finds courage.
- Art: greenclove
We Are Stardust by fuzzytomato02 (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 43K.
- Summary: The crew of the merchant ship Avalon are a good lot if a little odd. The captain, Morgana, has weird dreams. The first mate, Arthur, is an unpleasant ex-lieutenant of the Phoenix Guard. The ship itself is falling apart. When they take on a new engineer named Merlin at Tintagel drift to help with repairs, they not only get a genius, they get much more than they bargained for.
- Art: amphigoury
We'll Take Manhattan by lachatblanche (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: 67k words.
- Summary: It is 1962, and Pendragon Publishing is looking at how to expand the readership of its fashion magazine 'Camelot'. The decision to bring in newer, younger photographers leads to Arthur Pendragon, the rebellious, innovative heir to the Pendragon empire being admitted back into the fold for one trial photoshoot, but only if he agrees to do things their way. Unfortunately for them, when Arthur claps eyes on Merlin - clumsy, nervous, doesnt-know-how-to-hold-still Merlin - he realises that he has found his Muse and that he will have to fight to keep him, even if it means pushing further than he has ever gone before. In other words, this will be very much based on the story of photographer David Bailey and model Jean Shrimpton from the BBC's 'We'll Take Manhattan'.
- Art: van_maniac
What Infinite Heart's Ease by arcadianmaggie (Arthur/Merlin, also Arthur/Guinevere, Lancelot/Guinevere).
- Summary: Canon era AU. Betrayed by the people he loves best, Arthur finds comfort in the arms of his manservant, Merlin. In the wake of Uther's death, the unrest to the east intensifies and shocking secrets are revealed. As a young king struggling to find his place and control a kingdom on the verge of war, Arthur must decide whether to continue his father's crusade against magic users or place his faith in the one person he thought he'd never trust again.
- Art: sallyna_smile
The Widening Gyre by maggie_f (Gen, Merlin & Arthur). Word Count: 35k.
- Summary: Modern AU. Arthur is unhappy with his life, left despondent and alone, but he doesn't see what else there is for him. One day Merlin crashes into his life, and that's when he learns that they have to save the world, and that life perhaps isn't so dull after all.
- Art: equal_to_k
Wintry Calm by ceeebee (Merlin/Arthur). Word Count: ~92,000.
- Summary: Camelot has been divided for as long as Arthur can remember; the Great Wall stretches from one end of the city to the other. On one side you have the rich, and the pure. On the other, a child is hanged for possessing magic and everyone is living on the edge. Then, one day, Arthur Pendragon looks out of his window to see two dark haired teenagers curled on the doorstep. Slowly he and his girlfriend, Gwen, learn how they came to be there, fall in love with everyone but each other, and begin to tear down the wall.
- Art: lillithblack
Within a Sea of Red by inane_rational (Arthur/Merlin, Merlin/other characters). Word Count: 49,930.
- Summary: High-class prostitute, Merlin Emrys, becomes acquainted with Arthur Pendragon, heir to a massive crime empire lead by Uther Pendragon, consequently, also the owner of The Avalon, the brothel where Merlin resides. The more Merlin gets to know Arthur, the more he wonders about his family, and questions how far entrench into the crime world he could succumb, as he succumbs to his feelings for the Pendragon heir.
- Art: silver_falcon24
Wrath of Magic by twilighthdfan (Arthur/Merlin, Morgana/Leon, hints of Gwen/Lance). Word Count: 30,439.
- Summary: Modern AU. Arthur Pendragon has hunted the creatures that lurked in the dark since he was old enough to hold a weapon. But when his father’s friend’s daughter, Sophia, goes missing, and he meets an odd Doctor called Merlin, who he can’t get out of his mind, he and his band of hunters, the Knights, will learn that not every creature is as dark as they thought. Will Arthur be able to figure it all out before the wrath of magic is released?
- Art: lillithblack
Written In the Stars of Your Eyes by latemperanza (Arthur/Merlin (Background Gwen/Lance and Gwaine/Morgana)). Word count: 79k.
- Summary: The plan was simple: Arthur Pendragon was to scout out the seaside town of Ealdor without anyone knowing he was there on behest of his father’s hotel company. It was supposed to be "get in, swoop in on prime real estate before the competition gets to it, then get out." Funny how the plan didn’t include Merlin Emrys, a self-proclaimed “psychic” who swore Arthur’s life was in danger the longer he stayed in town. Not to mention what to do when it turned out Merlin was right.
- Art: itzcoatl