|Date(s):||5th century CE to present|
|Medium:||poetry, prose literature, plays, operas, books, films, TV shows, comics, games, music|
|Country of Origin:||started in Wales, spread to England, Europe and the rest of the world|
|External Links:||Wikipedia::King Arthur, Wikipedia::Matter of Britain (Arthurian legends)|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
In many ways, Arthurian Legend is built of fanfiction, incorporating sources and adding new elements along the way. From 6th century Welsh poetry through stories of saints, mythological histories, courtly romances, religious prose cycles, fifteenth-century harmonization, Victorian epics, early 20th century anachronisms, historical fiction (some based on historical research, other not-so-much), feminist reclamation, gender issues, and semi-random inspiration.
- Merlin TV series from 2008 to 2012, also the character Arthur from the series
- The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- King Arthur, 2004 film
- Wikipedia:King Arthur in various media
- The Dark is Rising—Arthurian legends in 1970s England & Wales, by Susan Cooper
- Sword at Sunset—historical version of the legends, by Rosemary Sutcliff
- Avalon High - young adult novel
- The Sword in the Stone - 1963 Disney film based on T.H. White's The Once and Future King.
- Arthuriana - a fandom based around medieval Arthurian literature
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail- a 1975 parody film
- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court- an 1889 time-travel novel by Mark Twain, also adapted into film several times
- Camelot- Broadway musical, adapted into a film
- The Squire's Tales - a novel series that blends retellings of many Arthurian myths with original characters and plot lines
- Between the Bars by kiki miserychic. Using source from Merlin, King Arthur, Mists of Avalon, and Merlin (with additional footage from Blade Runner).
- Queen of Camelot by prideandprejudice05, explores the relationship triangle of Arthur/Gwen/Lancelot of legend and uses the Merlin source to do it.
- The Once And Future Jedi, an essay comparing Star Wars and Arthurian Legend
- The History of the Arthurian Legends in Ten Easy Steps (with Recommended Reading) by zahrawithaz
- Negotiating the Boundaries of Legend, or, yes Merlin pays close attention to Arthurian Legend by icarusancalion