King Arthur (film)
|Creator:||Antoine Fuqua (Director)|
Jerry Bruckheimer (Producer)
David Franzoni (Written by)
|Country of Origin:||United States, United Kingdom, Ireland|
|External Links:||Wikipedia, IMDB|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
"A demystified take on the tale of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table."
The film is a reimagining of Arthurian Legend marketed as more "historically accurate" than traditional versions of the story. Notably, the film depicts Arthur as a Roman officer, his knights as Sarmatian conscripts, and Guinevere as a "Woad" (native Briton rebelling against the Romans) who fights alongside Arthur and his knights.
The film is notable among Hannibal fans for featuring both Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen (who portray that fandom's OTP) as Arthur's knights. This has led to crossovers between the two fandoms as well as an uptick in Tristan/Galahad or "Tristhad" fanworks.
- Wolfskin by Guede Mazaka, Rated NC-17, Arthur/Lancelot, Arthur/Guinevere/Lancelot, Gawain/Galahad/Tristan, Fifteen years of fighting will pare away everything but the essential.
- Solstice by boundbyspells, PG-13, Tristan/Gawain. Written for Yuletide 2004. Tristan took an oath Gawain helps him keep it.
- Arthur and Lancelot, or The Armor Factor in Action by sasha_b, an Arthur/Lancelot ship manifesto (2007)
- King Arthur works at Archive of Our Own
- King Arthur stories & crossovers at FanFiction.Net
- Fallen Knights, a fansite and forum dedicated to the film (defunct)
- King Arthur Fanfiction at Yahoo! Groups
- Knightgasm, fanfic community at LiveJournal
- the_roundtable, discussion community at LiveJournal (defunct)
- Fandom Overview at recs at crack_van