|Name:|| Madelyne Jennifer Pryor-Summers|
|Occupation:||supervillain previously: Pilot, Superhero (as Anodyne)|
|Relationships:|| Jean Grey (genetic template), Phoenix Force (gave her life), Mr. Sinister (creator), |
Scott Summers (Cyclops, husband),
Nathan Summers (Cable, son), Styfe (clone of son), Scotty (AU!Mutant X son)
Christopher Summers (Corsair, father-in-law), Katherine Summers (mother-in-law),
Alex Summers (Havok, brother-in-law/AU!husband), Gabriel Summers (Vulcan, brother-in-law),
Hope Summers (adopted!granddaughter through Cable),
Rachel Summers (Phoenix, step-daughter)
|Fandom:||Marvel Comics, X-Men|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Madelyne Pryor was originally created to give Scott Summers a "Happily Ever After" and move on from the X-Men, however those initial plans were scrapped when they decided to have Jean Grey return, thus changing her origin story to being the clone of Jean instead of just her look-alike in order to get rid of her. She has appeared several times since her death, although quite a few times it was revealed that it wasn't always her (usually an AU!Jean Grey).
Madelyne Pryor is a mutant that has telepathic and telekinetic powers, which was later enhanced when she became the Goblin Queen. As Anodyne, Madelyne possessed the ability to wield Asgardian magic that had the power to heal and cure.
Madelyne Pryor first appeared in The Uncanny X-Men #168 (April 1983). Although Madelyne has appeared in alternate universes (namely Mutant X and X-Men: The End), she has not had any appeared in any other medium.
Although Madelyne is often ignored or hated for her actions (turning a villain, or being blamed for breaking up Scott/Jean), many are still a fan for the character and she appears in comics long after she died - even briefly coming back a time or two.
"Madelyne Pryor is the Marvel Universe's patron saint of the betrayed and ill-used. Sure, she did some less-than-admirable things (attempting to destroy the world by sacrificing her son, etc.) but consider what she'd been through. She found happiness with Scott Summers, only to be abandoned without a second thought. Then she discovers that she was created in a laboratory, and all her memories are really those of her most hated enemy. Indeed, she is a clone of the one person she hates most. And after all that, she comes back to life only to discover that her enemy, the one who killed her, has not only married her husband, she has also raised her son. And that son is suddenly older than Madelyne is. So give Maddie a break - she's been through a lot, and she's really not such a bad type after all. She did save the world before she tried to destroy it, and she was quite insane at the time of that little sacrificing incident. As for seducing her "brother-in-law", well, Scott left her first, after all."
- All The Saints In Heaven by Alicia McKenzie, (imagines a moment that happens during Pryor's brief time with the Hellfire Club).
- A glass of wine on a warm spring day by coridan (Doctor Who/X-Men crossover), "The Doctor and Madelyne both strike me as characters who have no home. For canon, this takes place right after the events of Voyage of the Damned for S3 of DW and around the end of the Civil War era in Marvel continuity."
- Fanfics by Quillon42 (stories of What If?, with Meta-commentaries and breaking-the-fourth-wall):
- Madelyne Pryor by MichaelBrower
- Madelyne Pryor by wardogs101
- Madelyne Pryor, Black Queen by scarletwanda
- Madelyne Pryor by ChadPatrickSanders71
- Madelyne Pryor - The Goblin Queen by Aphrodite-NS
- Goblin Queen - Inks by edtadeo
- Madelyne Pryor Dolls by Spider-Cat
- Madelyne & Jean Evo-Style Dolls by Spider-Cat
- 50 Madeline Pryor icons by nightingaledies
- The Goblin Queen by rostridge
Archives and Fannish Links
- Madelyne Pryor at the Marvel Database
- Madelyne Pryor at Uncanny X-Men.net
- Madelyne Pryor Profile (defunct)