The Romulan Commander (female)
You may be looking for the The Romulan Commander (male).
|Name:||she is given no proper name in canon|
|Status:||alive, though probably in a lot of trouble|
|Fandom:||Star Trek: TOS|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Romulan Commander is an unnamed female character in the Star Trek: TOS episode "The Enterprise Incident". She is one of the most intriguing and fannishly-imagined characters in Star Trek and is featured in many fanworks.
Brief Canon Description of the Romulan Commander
We've certainly seen more beautiful women on Star Trek, but our nameless Commander proved more powerful than T'Pring ("Amok Time"), much sexier than Leila ("This Side of Paradise"), and more persistent than Nurse Chapel (in almost all episodes). She not only seduced Spock, but she got him to enjoy it as well. Will we ever forget those passionate scenes in her bedroom? 
Fans Imagine Her Name
One fan asks: "Could someone in fandom, please give our favorite Romulan a real name?" 
- Rho from Courts of Honor
- Lexa from Dreadnought Explorations
- Lareesha in Time Warp
- Mara Tokan in In a Different Reality #18
Fan Fiction About the Romulan Commander
- The most well-known fan fiction featuring the Romulan Commander is Courts of Honor by Syn Ferguson.
- L.P. Santos wrote a series of stories, published mostly in More Missions, More Myths, about Subcommander Tal, his wife the Romulan Commander, and their son, Ty, who is actually the biological son of Spock.
- Time Warp includes "The Cytherean Cycle" by Anne Elizabeth Zeek: another explanation of the Rom Com from 'Enterprise Incident' her background and mission.
- Orion Archives: 2272-2275 The Second Mission includes "Homecoming" by Rick Endres (Spock is reunited with the Romulan Commander from the "The Enterprise Incident" under less than desirable circumstances: a pon farr brought on early by his mental contact with V’ger.)
- First Time #1 has the story "Lantern in the Dark" by Chris Waken (Kirk and Spock are abducted by the now insane female Romulan commander and forced to have sex with her.)
- "Whither Thou Goest" by Carolyn Spencer (Kirk is used as bait for the Romulan commander to get Spock to go with her where she has Spock tortured, not knowing of the link that he and Kirk share.)
- From Abode of Strife #5: "Who But Thine Own Enemy" (Spock and the Romulan Commander must team to defeat a threatening superrace.)
- other examples…
Fan Art Featuring the Romulan Commander
inside Berengaria issue #10, from the poetry and art section-- M.S. Murdock
inside art from In a Different Reality #18, Rick Braunshausen
inside art from TREKism at Length #5, Vel Jaeger
from Pastaklan Vesla issue #2, artist is Karen Flannery (photocopy)
artist is Nancy Gervais, from Grip #27
from Impulse #5, artist is Liz Danforth
from T-Negative #12, artist is Anthony Tollin
- Behind closed doors - Female Romulan commander by Becky2009
- Trouble ~ The Romulan Commander/ Spock, (Spock/Kirk) by killerwhaleocelot
- i've been nothing but good to you, Spock by Baxssy
- Strobelite | Star Trek Femslash by Little Whatsername
- A fan comments on this character in "Courts of Honor": The biggest reason I have to love this book is Ferguson’s fleshing out of the Romulan Commander from "The Enterprise Incident". I worship her, and although I do take issue with some of her actions as dictated by DC Fontana, she's one of my favorite Trek characters. In CoH she is so real, so perfectly imperfect it hurts—in the very best way." 
- "I've always liked Tal and wondered what happened to him and the Romulan Commander. The characterization of Tal was crisp, gentle, and intelligent. I didn't particularly like the subservient role of the Romulan Commander, but this is Tal's story and a good one it is, too." 
- "...an after story following up the events surrounding the Romulan Commander from "The Enterprise Incident." It has quite an interesting plot, namely, the overthrow of the Romulan empire because of internal corruption and other factors and how Lareesha (the Commander) winds up in charge of things by default."