|Pairing:||Mulder/Krycek, Fox Mulder/Alex Krycek|
|Prevalence:||huge, in the past|
|Archives:||RatB, TER/MA, the Basement, MKRA (via Wayback)|
|Other:||M/K Slash Ring, Mulder/Krycek Multimedia Archive|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Mulder/Krycek was one of the first big slash pairings on the net. They were enemies who loved to hate each other and Mulder especially liked to get really physical when expressing his hatred. At the same time they were sometimes reluctant allies.
Betrayal, redemption, trust issues, and Mulder in denial about his attraction to Krycek were common themes in fanfic.
The motto of the Mulder/Krycek Romantics Association was: For those who know real UST when they see it! It was a comment on the often talked about Mulder/Scully UST and referred in this context to all the angry tension between Mulder and Krycek that was perceived as sexual. That fan interpretation of the character dynamic got a bit of fanservice later in canon when Krycek kissed Mulder on the cheek in the fifth season episode The Red and the Black.
When the X-Files hysteria started, I avoided getting drawn into it by the simple means of not even watching a single episode. What happened then is what happens every time you say "never" to a new fandom: you fall for it, hard. I discovered Mulder/Krycek slash via a due South author's other work, begged tapes from mareen, read whatever I could get my hands on, and was captivated by the complicated relationship between Fox Mulder and Alex Krycek. From partners to mortal enemies, to reluctant allies, to... lovers? At least that's what fandom said, and I agreed. No matter how little I care for Chris Carter's botching of the mytharc in the later seasons, I'll always be grateful to him for that kiss in "The Red and the Black", and for the tremendous potential inherent in Krycek's character. Fandom was certainly an experience although I avoided the extremes of the spectrum - the Krycek-defenders who excused or denied his crimes, and the people who saw him as a sociopath without a conscience. I prefer the middle ground and am wholly comfortable in denying the events of "Existence". Krycek, dead? I must have misheard. 
Ok, here's my question. I don't get M/K. Up to a point, sure. But not after Alex offs Bill Mulder. I understand the sex thing--there's always been a weird sexual subtext to the Mulder-Krycek relationship, but...well, anyway, y'all managed to explain that to me a while back. But there are some things... For you M/K folks: how can you get consensual, non-kink M/K to work and be believable for you and for your readers post BM's death? Because sometimes it does work. I've read some where it just clicked for me, and I could take it. But a lot of it I either don't believe or it makes me squick. 
Notable Mulder/Krycek Works
- Krychek by Bren Antrim, the first Mulder/Krycek story, written before the character's name was in the credits, hence the misspelling
- The Same Everywhere and its sequel The Hand We Were Dealt, by Jane Mortimer
- Ghosts, a novel by torch, originally written in 1997; very influential in the evolution of fannish perception of Krycek, and the sequel Lovers.
- In a Dark Time by A. Leigh-Anne Childe was an intense M/K rewriting of the X-Files episode Sleepless. 
- The Gift of an Enemy by Sylvia. When events conspire to bring Alex Krycek and Fox Mulder together once again, Mulder learns that truth can be a dangerous thing. Things are never what they seem when Krycek is involved. All this, and an X-File to solve!
- Breathless & Solidarity by Sleeps With Coyotes. Breathless - While Mulder investigates an X-File, Krycek tracks down a runner - but when the two collide, can Mulder and Krycek work through the past and learn to work together? Solidarity - Krycek ditches Mulder to take an assignment that lands him in the center of the game, but when Mulder is asked to assist a profiler in the same area, the trail leads him into the mountains towards a terrifying secret...
- How to Throw a Curve Ball series by Courtney Gray. Won 'Best Romance' and 'Best Series' in the Lisa e Krysa Awards 2000.
- The Whammy Awards - X-Files slash awards given annually from 1997 to 1999 (1998?).
- The Lisa e Krysa Awards recognise excellent in Mulder/Krycek fiction and were given annually from 1999 to 2001
- The Basement - X-Files slash archive
- Mulder/Krycek Romantics Association - M/K slash archive
- RatB - M/K slash archive
- TER/MA - M/K slash archive
- M/K Slash Ring - a webring for M/K sites
- Mulder/Krycek Multimedia Archive - episode images, sound clips and more
- Focused on Nick Lea - fanfiction featuring Nick Lea's characters, most of it about Krycek and most of that M/K
- RATales Archive - Krycek-centric archive, many M/K stories
- Slashing Mulder - Mulder-centric slash archive, many M/K stories
- The Cube - M/K slash site
- Alison's Jottings - M/K recommendations
- The Slash Slut's Recs - M/K recommendations
- Julie's X-Files Story Recommendations - X-Files recs, including M/K
- Destiny, Fate and Inextricable Relationships.: The Shipper's Manifesto: Mulder/Krycek; archive link with expanded comments, page 1; archive link with expanded comments, page 2, by literati (May 2005)
- Mulder/Krycek kiss on YouTube (Last accessed November 21, 2008.)
- the x-files fan fiction - recommendations by allaire mikháil, Archived version
- comment by Laura Jacquez Valentine at First Slash fanfic you ever read..., March 18, 1999
- Ghosts, by torch (Last accessed June 11, 2010.)
- In a Dark Time by A. Leigh-Anne Childe (Wayback link, last accessed June 11, 2010.)