Bucky Barnes/Wanda Maximoff
|Pairing:||Bucky Barnes/Wanda Maximoff|
|Alternative name(s):||Winter Witch, buckywanda, Scarlet Soldier, Scarlet Winter|
|Gender category:||Het, M/F|
|Fandom:||Captain America Movieverse/The Avengers Movieverse (MCU)|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Although Bucky and Wanda have interacted in the comicverse, no romantic relationship was ever explored with them. Thus there was little to nothing about the two together until 2014 when MCU's film Captain America: The Winter Soldier was released. The first fanfic for Bucky/Wanda was published in October 2014 on AO3, months after the film was released. More fanworks were published in 2015 (probably inspired the more screentime Wanda had in Age of Ultron): to Tumblr, fanfiction to AO3 & FFN, vids to YouTube, etc. Due to the parallels explored between the two and sharing the same side in Captain America: Civil War, many fans hope for interaction between the two characters and more fanworks in coming films where they will both be present. The ship has steadily been growing in popularity with minor to little backlash.
The main pairing name for the ship is Winter Witch or winterwitch, while Scarlet Winter and Scarlet Soldier is rarely used.
- Weightless by Wind_Ryder, Wanda smiles back. She raises him a little higher. She moves him away from the broken plate. She lets him feel it out. Lets him flutter for a moment, before she gently settles him down. Then, she continues picking up the pieces.
- In the Quiet by seductiveturnip, Sometimes they just watch each other, exchanging small smiles and unspoken statements, but mostly, it’s just beautifully, blissfully quiet. He can’t remember the last time he had that. She doesn’t think she ever has.
- did you see the flares by skioctober, Bucky grins. “If you’re agreeable, I’ll treat you to a dance. They’ve been beggin’ me for hours, and I’m told I was pretty good back in my day.”
- It Is Not Love, and Other Lies by seductiveturnip, They learn the language of each other’s nightmares (he trembles, screams out; she lies still but claws desperately at the sheets) about weaponized children who never run fast enough. They never run fast enough.
- Yours, Bucky Barnes by seductiveturnip, To: WANDA..I HAD ANOTHER NIGHTMARE BUT IT LOOKED DIFFERENT TO THE OTHER ONES. YOU WERE IN THE MIDDLE OF A RUINED CITY AND EVERYONE WAS STARING AT ME BECAUSE I DON’T DESERVE YOU..[send/delete]
- Steel and Scarlet by EssaysOfThoughts, All the same there is a terrifying certainty to Pietro, whenever it comes to Wanda, and Bucky is pretty sure his knowledge of that shows. Pietro smiles, just slightly at him. “If it is a comfort,” he says, “I do not think you would hurt her.”
- Tranquilizer by vintage_hippie23, Wanda Maximoff has become Bucky Barnes' tranquilizer. He becomes the reason Steve has a broken nose and Wanda has a dent in her wall and a broken bed.
- My Mission by ozhawk, A revised and extended version of the Soulmate Short featuring Bucky and Wanda. Because it was a story that needed to be told. (Soulmates AU)
- Are you insane like me? Been in pain like me?
- “I can read him. He is dreaming.“, by tinderbox210
- “We are impossible…”
- Song: We Are, Archived version by loud-russian-noises
- winter witch., Archived version
- He is broken, but you love him anyway. Not because you want to fix him. But because he is the only one who knows you are just as broken as him.
- Adele - Hello
- bleed the same by nedlovesyou
- did you see the flares? by ForsakenWitchery
- maybe i'm a different breed by seductiveturnip
- here with me by nedlovesyou
- a flaw in my code by ForsakenWitchery
- we want war by Undertaker 8
- skyfall by Blue Carmel
- Cold by Mystifying Scarlet
- Wanda x Bucky by Mystifying Scarlet
- When the seasons change by Scarlet Bxtch
- wicked game by Blue Carmel
- is there any good left in me? by Blue Carmel
- fatal attraction by ulalume;
- i no longer feel things. by winehouse
- Rise by LinoaNova
Archives & Fannish Links
- Tags: winterwitch, winter witch, bucky x wanda, wanda x bucky, buckywanda, scarlet winter
- "Wedding Day" by WinterWitch_WinterFrost_Lover published 1 October 2014.