|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
An aesthetic edit or aesthetic post, also known as a moodboard, is a type of image set. It is visually unified, often by being desaturated or having a specific color tint added. In fandom, it is common to see aesthetic posts about individual fandoms, pairings, or characters. They might include shots of the character from canon or a fancasting of the character, images of locations associated with that character, images of props associated with that character, etc.
Aesthetics are particularly popular on Tumblr due to the ease with which sets of images can be posted. A number of aesthetic boards also exist on Pinterest, which also lends itself to collecting sets of themed images, either uploaded by the user or from elsewhere on the site.
- moodboards: hermione granger, Archived version, Hermione Granger (Harry Potter) aesthetic post by siriusisntdead
- mood boards. the boy who flew too close to the sun, Greek Mythology moodboard by remuslupi
- Character Aesthetic: Peter Parker, Peter Parker (Spider-Man) aesthetic board by Katie Scott
- The Sherlock aesthetic tag
- Character Aesthetic: Yuuri, a Yuuri Katsuki (Yuri!!! on Ice) aesthetic board by Katie Scott
- Character Aesthetic: Seven Deadly Sins, Archived version by the-nerdy-archer (multifandom)
- Character Aesthetics: Hugo Vega, a Hugo Vega (Dream Daddy) aesthetic board by The Black Queen Of Hearts
- recasting my ships as pocs, Archived version by manilaenvy, a Peter Parker/Gwen Stacy (Spider-Man) moodboard and fancast
- you have always been important. you have always been something. A Carlos/Cecil (Welcome to Night Vale) moodboard
- hanahaki aesthetic board, Archived version by letsmcfreakingloseit, a Hanahaki Disease aesthetic board
Example Art Gallery
Stuckony, Role Reversal AU by nixie-deangel, MCU
an aesthetic/mood board for Clint Barton by buckybuck, Marvel Comics