Category:Meta on Tumblr
This category is for articles about individual meta essays and meta discussions that were posted on Tumblr.
Pages in category "Meta on Tumblr"
The following 181 pages are in this category, out of 181 total.
- A case for more fanworks about black and brown women, or when Discourse isn’t enough
- About our "broken" fan culture
- Add lesbians
- All this leaving tumblr talk is making me hark back to the LJ days of old, man oh man.
- All this talk about unpopular writers reminds me of how tumblr fandom is really lonely.
- An open letter to the femslash fandom
- And, to be perfectly honest, I miss the old Harry Potter fandom.
- Another thing that’s cool about fanfiction: it’s as long as it needs to be.
- Anti-racist principles and practices in femslash fandom
- Antishipping as the cool new trend, or: why are most antis under 25 years old?
- AO3 & Censorship
- AO3 is open source.
- AO3 Ship Stats
- AO3 Ship Stats 2013
- AO3 Ship Stats 2014
- AO3 Ship Stats 2015
- AO3 Ship Stats 2016
- AO3 Ship Stats 2017
- AO3 Ship Stats 2019
- AO3 Ship Stats 2020
- Apparently now is the time for uncomfortable truths because I’ve just had it.
- Archive your fandom stuff
- As a professor, may I ask you what you think about fanfiction?
- "‘Fair dealing for the purposes of humiliation, embarrassment & mockery’ is a bit of a contradiction in terms."
- Fandom And The Fourth Wall (aka women reading about gay sex gives people cooties)
- Fandom Ghost: Created Out Of Wholecloth By Fanon
- Fandom Ghost: Created Out Of Wholecloth By Fanon/Other Responses
- Fandom in/as Contact Zone (Fandom Version)
- Fandom is NOT mostly slash
- Fandom is not your safe space
- Fandom: it was love at first sight
- Fandoms have 1% Toxic Fans Theory
- Fandom’s Race Problem and the AO3 Ship Stats
- Fanfic (2016 essay by Ru)
- Fanfic is becoming more and more mainstream while still remaining largely transgressive.
- Fanfiction writers are not exempt of the responsibility of creating diverse media representation
- Fangirl 4 Life
- Feedback culture is dead, long live feedback culture!
- Femslash gothic
- Femslash Top 100 on Ao3
- Femslash: Demystifying Fandom’s Gender Disparity
- Fetishizing Homosexuality...
- Fiction, Reality, Fandom and Adulthood
- The Fourth Wall (essay by The Winter Otter)
- Fuck it i dont want girls sexualising mlm
- Han/Luke Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (deleted scene)
- “He listens for a living and she doesn’t speak”--why Melinda May is a Classic Hollywood Action Hero
- Here is the secret to fandom: Give zero fucks about what anyone else is doing.
- Heterosexual Female Slash Fans
- A historical note
- History of Slash (2018 essay)
- Homestuck fandom, a brief history
- Honestly I don’t even care why ao3 was created
- Honestly, what are your friendships like?
- How Can Gay Buttsex Be Heterosexist?
- How Fullmetal Alchemist Integrates Theme and Character
- How it all began...
- SOME MORE AWESOME THINGS I LOVED FROM THE HP FANDOM BACK IN THE DAY
- I Am Femslash
- I Am Femslash: Am I Femslash?
- I Am Femslash: Catgranting
- I Am Femslash: dorothy-zbornak
- I Am Femslash: Femslash and Community
- I Am Femslash: Femslash Revolution Essay
- I Am Femslash: Mod Jess
- I Am Femslash: On Beauty and Being Femslash
- I Am Femslash: SETI-fan
- I Am Femslash: The Person Whose Calls You Always Take
- I Am Femslash: Why I Love Strangeness, Smut & Fic with Lots of Feelings
- I didn't get my education from slash. Why should you?
- I didn't realise ao3 was started in response to lj deleting account relating to pedophilia and they explicitly support the posting of such works yikes
- I don’t understand how anyone can take AO3 for granted
- I just don't understand where this concept of 'fake geek girls' came from.
- I love Hamilton, but something about the way white fans engage with the musical really bothers me
- I searched my name at Fanlore this week.
- I See A Lot Of Posts Going Around (Suppressing Women's Sexuality)
- I was thinking about the ghosts of fandoms past
- I would pay top dollar for a comprehensive, source-supported explanation of how Superwholock vanished.
- I'm Fine Meme
- If You Want to Talk About Something Weird, Let's Talk About Geoducks, Not Fanfiction
- The Importance of Mary Sue
- Important!! Re Pern-Related Art
- In defense of fanfiction (2018 essay)
- Infinite Unknowns
- Is TV show migration hurting queer fandom?
- It's not misogyny: sexwriting and the gender politics of slash
- It’s all Greek to Me
- It’s complicated: possible reasons for the lack of femslash
- It’s gonna be ok
- I’m quitting Femslash Fandom
- The last couple of days I’ve been thinking a lot about representation...
- Like, i’m not saying that adults don’t have a place in fandom. they can and they do, and many are perfectly great people.
- Lofter 2020 Ship Statistics
- Look I don't wanna sound like a Fandom Mom or whatever but what do you think women over 25 or so are supposed to do?
- Love Makes Her Stronger: Thoughts on Daisy Johnson and Quakerider
- Ok once and for all, what is the onceler fandom ?
- On Agents of SHIELD and thinly veiled Real World commentary
- On Canon, Authorial Authority, and Queer Representation
- On deleting fics, going pro, and poetry and dreams
- On fandom content and policing
- On fandom's so-called "gift economy"
- On Queerbaiting and Misha’s Comments at NJCon
- On the personal as normal; on the normal as political
- On Thorin Oakenshield, guilt, responsibility and PTSD
- One of the funniest things about harry potter is how jkr accidentally made harry incredibly bisexual.
- Only true convention veterans will remember
- An Open Letter to Caitlin Moran
- An Open Letter to Fanfic Readers
- Script Torture
- She's not a PCR, but goddamn, at least she's passing us the milk rather than pissing in our cornflakes.
- The “Sherlock is queerbaiting” argument doesn’t even make sense at this point.
- So I’m on AO3 ...(the forgotten history of disclaimers)
- So. I have *a lot* of Wattpad thoughts.
- Softly, Softly: The BBC's LGB Research Commission and The Johnlock Conspiracy
- The ‘Spotlight Effect’ in Media and Fandom
- The Podfic-est Fandoms (on ao3)
- There is a huge difference between calling out a fandom and calling out a fan, and we need to distinguish.
- Things I remember about fic reading and writing in the early 2000s (or, tales from the Inbetween Times)
- This Vagabond Fandom Life
- The three generations of fanfic
- The Three Laws of Fandom
- To what extent does femslash perpetuate the white gaze?
- Tony Stark as the most female-coded superhero
- Too Old for Fandom?
- Top 30 Femslash ships in 2018 on AO3
- Towards a working definition of “anti”
- Trust in Gatiss: Operation Johnlock is Go
- The Warnings Against Toxic Masculinity in Black Panther (2018)
- Was Fanfic Any Different in the Olden Days?
- Western LGBT fans and entitlement
- What was yalls first internet community you were in
- When I say “Fanfiction is free”...
- When Love Isn’t Enough: Thoughts on AoS 4x20
- Where exactly do people get this idea that fandom is dominated by straight women from?
- Whose “Safe Space” is Fandom Anyway
- Why do fangirls always make them gay?
- Why do we have to justify who we ship with meta and conspiracy theories?
- Why do you think most antis are younger fans?
- Why DO you write(/read) fanfic with female characters? or: Why DO you write(/read) femmeslash?
- Why It Is Not Surprising That There Are Old People On Tumblr, and Why We Are Surprised By It Anyway
- Why It’s Bad Fandom Etiquette To Put Other People’s Fics On Goodreads
- Why M/M?
- Why were we allowed to read Animorphs as kids, anyway?
- The wildest shit that happened in homestuck’s fanbase
- Wow such low-life's, unfollowing just because you're being honest in an ask.
- Yes You Are Allowed
- Yknow what I LOVE about the Star Trek fandom? It’s ANCIENT.
- You are just as responsible for your fandom activism as creators are for their fanworks
- You don't own your fics: Against the idea of ownership in fandom
- You ever invite your coworker to watch you give birth just to spite a racist
- Your favorite fic author is probably over 30.
- You’re totally welcome on my lawn, but I wish you wouldn’t pee on the grass