Category:Meta on Tumblr
This category is for articles about individual meta essays and meta discussions that were posted on Tumblr.
Pages in category "Meta on Tumblr"
The following 125 pages are in this category, out of 125 total.
- About our "broken" fan culture
- All this leaving tumblr talk is making me hark back to the LJ days of old, man oh man.
- All this talk about unpopular writers reminds me of how tumblr fandom is really lonely.
- An Open Letter to Caitlin Moran
- An Open Letter to Fanfic Readers
- Antishipping as the cool new trend, or: why are most antis under 25 years old?
- AO3 & Censorship
- AO3 is open source.
- AO3 Ship Stats
- AO3 Ship Stats 2013
- AO3 Ship Stats 2014
- AO3 Ship Stats 2015
- AO3 Ship Stats 2016
- AO3 Ship Stats 2017
- As a professor, may I ask you what you think about fanfiction?
- "‘Fair dealing for the purposes of humiliation, embarrassment & mockery’ is a bit of a contradiction in terms."
- Fandom And The Fourth Wall (aka women reading about gay sex gives people cooties)
- Fandom in/as Contact Zone (Fandom Version)
- Fandom is NOT mostly slash
- Fandom is not your safe space
- Fandom: it was love at first sight
- Fandoms have 1% Toxic Fans Theory
- Fanfic (2016 essay by Ru)
- Fanfiction writers are not exempt of the responsibility of creating diverse media representation
- Fangirl 4 Life
- Feedback culture is dead, long live feedback culture!
- Femslash Top 100 on Ao3
- Femslash: Demystifying Fandom’s Gender Disparity
- Fetishizing Homosexuality...
- Fiction, Reality, Fandom and Adulthood
- The Fourth Wall (essay by The Winter Otter)
- Fuck it i dont want girls sexualising mlm
- Han/Luke Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (deleted scene)
- “He listens for a living and she doesn’t speak”--why Melinda May is a Classic Hollywood Action Hero
- Heterosexual Female Slash Fans
- A historical note
- History of Slash (2018 essay)
- Homestuck fandom, a brief history
- Honestly I don’t even care why ao3 was created
- How Can Gay Buttsex Be Heterosexist?
- How it all began...
- I Am Femslash
- I Am Femslash: Am I Femslash?
- I Am Femslash: Catgranting
- I Am Femslash: dorothy-zbornak
- I Am Femslash: Femslash and Community
- I Am Femslash: Femslash Revolution Essay
- I Am Femslash: Mod Jess
- I Am Femslash: On Beauty and Being Femslash
- I Am Femslash: SETI-fan
- I Am Femslash: The Person Whose Calls You Always Take
- I Am Femslash: Why I Love Strangeness, Smut & Fic with Lots of Feelings
- I didn't realise ao3 was started in response to lj deleting account relating to pedophilia and they explicitly support the posting of such works yikes
- I don’t understand how anyone can take AO3 for granted
- I just don't understand where this concept of 'fake geek girls' came from.
- I searched my name at Fanlore this week.
- I See A Lot Of Posts Going Around (Suppressing Women's Sexuality)
- I was thinking about the ghosts of fandoms past
- I would pay top dollar for a comprehensive, source-supported explanation of how Superwholock vanished.
- I'm Fine Meme
- If You Want to Talk About Something Weird, Let's Talk About Geoducks, Not Fanfiction
- The Importance of Mary Sue
- Important!! Re Pern-Related Art
- In defense of fanfiction (2018 essay post by LightningStreak)
- Infinite Unknowns
- It's not misogyny: sexwriting and the gender politics of slash
- It’s all Greek to Me
- It’s complicated: possible reasons for the lack of femslash
- The last couple of days I’ve been thinking a lot about representation...
- Like, i’m not saying that adults don’t have a place in fandom. they can and they do, and many are perfectly great people.
- Look I don't wanna sound like a Fandom Mom or whatever but what do you think women over 25 or so are supposed to do?
- Love Makes Her Stronger: Thoughts on Daisy Johnson and Quakerider
- She's not PCR, but goddamn, at least she's passing us the milk rather than pissing in our cornflakes.
- The “Sherlock is queerbaiting” argument doesn’t even make sense at this point.
- So I’m on AO3 ...(the forgotten history of disclaimers)
- So. I have *a lot* of Wattpad thoughts.
- Softly, Softly: The BBC's LGB Research Commission and The Johnlock Conspiracy
- The ‘Spotlight Effect’ in Media and Fandom
- The Warnings Against Toxic Masculinity in Black Panther (2018)
- Was Fanfic Any Different in the Olden Days?
- When Love Isn’t Enough: Thoughts on AoS 4x20
- Where exactly do people get this idea that fandom is dominated by straight women from?
- Whose "Safe Space" is Fandom Anyway
- Why do fangirls always make them gay?
- Why do we have to justify who we ship with meta and conspiracy theories?
- Why It Is Not Surprising That There Are Old People On Tumblr, and Why We Are Surprised By It Anyway
- Why M/M?
- Why were we allowed to read Animorphs as kids, anyway?
- Wow such low-life's, unfollowing just because you're being honest in an ask.