The Yule Tide
You may be looking for the annual rare-fandoms fanfic challenge, Yuletide.
|Title:||The Yule Tide|
|Publisher:||Neon Rainbow Press|
|Editor(s):||Cinda Gillilan & Jody Norman|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Yule Tide 1 was published in 1996 and has 169 pages.
- The Angels Did Sing (by Lynn Gill) Alias Smith and Jones and Highlander. Hannibal Heyes and Kid Curry get a Yuletide surprise thanks to Sheriff Lom Trevors and a stranger named Duncan MacLeod. Also in Just You, Me & the Governor #22. (7)
- The Christmas Day Affair (by Mary L. Millard) The Man From UNCLE. Illya gets several unexpected Christmas presents from Napoleon. (5)
- T'Was the Night Before Christmas (by Leah S.) Starsky and Hutch. Well, t'was the night before Christmas! (2)
- Picture Perfect (by Londa Pfeffer) Starsky and Hutch. Starsky's life is getting back to normal after Gunther's near-fatal attack, but there are still a few reminders left, not the least of which is a very special partner. (12)
- Up on the Rooftop (by Cinda Gillilan) Houston Knights. Lundy and LaFiamma spend Christmas Eve on a stakeout and end up busting the Jolly One. Reprinted from Partners and Friends. (5)
- The Homecoming (by Lee Seibert) Houston Knights. LaFiamma wants to get his partner the perfect present for Christmas, and Lundy's got similar ideas. (7)
- Christmas Wishes (by Londa Pfeffer) Magnum PI. Christmas brings Magnum's losses and sweet gains into clear focus, but there's one facet he missed. (11)
- The Ghost of Christmas Past (by Harmony Miller) Street Justice. Sometimes the past can be hard to let go of. (5)
- Good Things Come in Small Packages (by Londa Pfeffer) Riptide. Nick's been given a great gift for Christmas, but can he bear to give it back? (14)
- A Christmas to Remember (by Leesa Warren) Lethal Weapon 3. Christmas isn't Martin Riggs' favorite time of year, but he hopes things might be different this year with Lorna. (9)
- Blue Christmas (by J.P. Cads) Shadow Chasers. When Jon's a little blue for the Holidays, Benny knows just the man to cheer him up. (3)
- Morning has Broken (by Llyr Chaves) War of the Worlds. General Wilson drops by the Cottage to play Santa Claus and wish the Blackwood Project members a Merry Christmas, but a well told secret is the true gift he brings. (6)
- Nutcracker Suite (by J.P. Cads) X-Files. Mulder's on a seasonal cause and Scully decides she'd better go along. (2)
- In the Spirit of Christmas (by Harmony Miller) Walker, Texas Ranger. Ranger Jimmy Trivette is feeling a little under the weather. When things go from bad to worse, he learns a lesson about the true meaning of Christmas. (23)
- Little Drummer Boys (by J.P. Cads) Shadow Chasers and X-Files. Jon, Benny, Mulder and Scully are in Scottsdale, Arizona, looking for Santa Claus. (6)
- I'll be Home for Christmas (by Tammy L. Croft) SeaQuest. Captain Nathan Bridger, Commander Jonathan Ford, and Lieutenant Ben Krieg are all finding the holidays a little painful, but a sorrow shared is a sorrow halved. (3)
- We Need a Little Christmas (by Cheryl Benson) SeaQuest. Lieutenant Ben Kreig always has a plan, and Christmas is no exception. (3)
- Sugar Plum (by Smythe) War of the Worlds. Everybody wants somebody special to spend the holidays with. Harrison has Karen, but Debi wants a dad, Norton wants a soldier, and the colonel wants a wife. They call it the season of miracles for a reason! (12) Warning: adult and slash overtones.
- A Christmas Carol (by Gena Fisher) The Professionals. Murphy's dead and Bodie's in for both a new partner and one long night that's completely Scrooged. (11)
- If Only in My Dreams (by Laura Cathcart) Riptide. This story picks up at the end of the aired Christmas episode "Home for Christmas" and keeps going. Reprinted in The Boss and Bodacious Special Gen Collection #1. (11) (won a 1996 FanQ)
- poetry by Londa Pfeffer. Art work by Fliss Davies and Anja Gruber. Color cover by H. Ann Walton.
The Yule Tide 2 was published in 1997 and is 109 pages long.
- Little Drummer Boy (by Gillian Holt) War of the Worlds. Cadet Paul Ironhorse is stuck at West Point during Christmas his plebe year. But Major Henry J. Wilson has a plan for the young man. (11) (winner of a 1998 FanQ)
- Christmas Reflections (by Lee Seibert) Houston Knights. It's Christmas Eve and one of the Major Crimes detective is in the hospital. (5)
- A Shaolin Christmas (by Teri Sarick) Kung Fu: The Legend Continues. Peter's surprised to find his father celebrating the holiday. (2)
- Spirit of the Season (by J.L. Scott) Street Justice. Grady's shopping for Adam and Malloy. She's easy, he's not. (6)
- Ghost (by Clare Solomon) Highlander. Christmas is a time of sadness and painful memories for Duncan. (3)
- I'll be Home For Christmas (by Tammy L. Croft) X-Files. Mulder and Scully are detoured and end up celebrating Christmas Eve on their own. (6)
- First Noel (by Cheryl Benson) The Pretender and MacGyver. Jarod expects to find himself alone for the holidays, but instead he finds The Challenger's Club and a few new friends. (7)
- Home for the Holidays (by Alexa Purcell) Counterstrike. The team's off in many directions for the holidays, but Peter senses all is not well with Stone and drops in on him - good thing, too, he's sick as a dog. (11)
- Other Plans (by Alison Wilson) Walker, Texas Ranger. Uncle Ray's sick so Walker's away for Christmas. Will Alex spend New Year's alone as well? (3)
- And a Demon in a Pear Tree (by Sheila Paulson) Real Ghostbusters. The Ghostbusters end up with an unexpected guest for the holidays. (13)
- Mary's Boy Child (by J.P. Cads) Shadow Chasers. Benny drags Jon along on a holiday adventure. (3)
- The Statue (by Cheryl Benson) Alien Nation. Matt and George search for a missing statue. (3)
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town (by J.P. Cads) X-Files. Mulder drags Scully along on a holiday adventure. (3)
- Celebrating Diversity (by Londa Pfeffer) Walker, Texas Ranger. A accident leaves Trivette injured and Walker worried over the holidays. (11)
- Jingle Bell Rock (by J.P. Cads) Shadow Chasers and X-Files. While Jon and Benny party-hearty with Santa Mulder and Scully move in to capture the old man. (10)
- Poetry by Teri Sarick. Art work by Priscilla Tweed. Color cover by H. Ann Walton.
The Yule Tide 3 was published in 1998 and is 170 pages long.
- It's a Gift (by Teresa Sarick) Doctor Who. Ever try to give a Time Lord a Christmas gift? Well, don't! (1)
- That Ol' Christmas Spirit (by Lynn Gill) Alias Smith and Jones. An Old West twist on the "Gift of the Magi." Heyes and Curry are seeking gifts for each other, but it takes a little help from a local sheriff for them to pull it off. Also in Of Dreams and Schemes #6 and Just You, Me & the Governor #24. (9)
- Christmas is for Miracles (by Heidi M.) The Fugitive. Richard Kimball's hiding in New York City, but an unexpected Christmas Eve surprise has him worried about being captured. (8)
- Take This Heart of Mine (by Sioned Dannan) Riptide. Christmas in Vietnam is a real drag, especially if you're blaming yourself for the death of a friend like Nick is. Reprinted in The Boss and Bodacious Special Gen Collection #1. (7)
- Gifts of the (LA) Magi (by K Hanna Korossy) Starsky and Hutch. Christmas is a time for memories and saying thank you, but that can be a little difficult on a limited budget, depending on what you're willing to sacrifice. (6)
- So This is Christmas (by Sheri Young) Riptide. Nick's sick and feeling down, so when he opts to skip town for the holidays Cody and Murray are more than happy to agree - on one condition, they're going with him. A trip to Wyoming teaches Nick about the true meaning of Christmas and the power of love. (52)
- A Yule in Four Parts (by Gillian Holt) War of the Worlds. The Blackwood Project members each head their separate ways for the Holidays, but where is Ironhorse? (8) (also in Imagine That and Green Floating Weirdness #20)
- Walk a Mile in My Boots (by Londa Pfeffer) Walker, Texas Ranger. Trivette stops by a boot store to pick up Walker's gift and ends up a hostage in a botched robbery. Injured and trapped, Trivette has to use all the tricks he knows to keep the robber from killing the rest of the hostages. (14)
- On Christmas Day in the Morning (by Jody Norman) Poltergeist: The Legacy. A missing scene/tag to the episode "The Gift." Rachel decides that it's time to clear the air between herself and Derek. Oh, and then there are all those presents! (5)
- The Peace Carol (by Rachel Squire) Poltergeist: The Legacy. Another tag to the episode "The Gift." Derek is surprised to find Kat still up at midnight on Christmas Day, but that's okay because he has a few things he needs to tell her. Reprinted in Black Ops #7. (5)
- Our Finest Gifts (by Fallon Zane) Soldier of Fortune. The team's latest mission -- Christmas shopping. But even in the most mundane activities the spirit of the season can shine through. Reprinted in Good to Go #1. (2)
- Let Nothing You Dismay (by Sheila Paulson) Stargate SG-1. Teal'c is confused, Daniel is depressed, Jack is in denial, and Sam's caught the spirit of the season. Now, how to bring the team all together for the holidays? (9)
- Ding Dong, Merrily On High (by J.P. Cads) Shadow Chasers. Jon has plans for Christmas Eve, but Benny's sure he can change the man's mind. (3)
- The Holly and the Ivy (by J.P. Cads) X-Files. Scully has plans for Christmas Eve, but Mulder's sure he can change her mind. (3)
- A Magical Season (by Teresa Sarick) Doctor Who. The Doctor has some special gifts for the inhabitants of a special forest. (2)
- Little Saint Nick (by J.P. Cads) Shadow Chasers and X-Files. Mulder, Scully and Jon get the ride of their lives. (3)
- The Promise (by Dana Bell) Babylon 5. Sheridan is feeling a little depressed, but there's always hope. (2)
- Christmas Wishes (by Ruby) Sentinel. Blair and Jim share a very special holiday. Warning: some slash content. (10)
- A Canine Christmas (by Teresa Sarick) This one you just have to read to believe! (3)
- Poetry by Laura Cathcart and Teri Sarick. A Christmas crossword by Elaine Batterby. Art work by Teri Sarick. Color cover by H. Ann Walton.